Magical Girls - On Ice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wolfsbane706

Original poster
Premise is as follows: Central City has always had a rather high output of magical girls. They've experienced and put out most of the stereotypes, including idols, but what happens when the entirety of the local figure skating club ends up as magical girls? Nobody knows, and that's the thing. Their goals, their objectives, their reasons, everything is a mystery, even to the girls themselves. And another problem: their powers are definitely not suited for their shared hobby, and whatever has been going on, it seems focused on the rink. Perhaps that's why they were selected as magical girls? Whatever the case, whoever selected them didn't do a very good job. Having to manually switch out heeled boots for figure skates every time the skaters transform is very time consuming, after all.

With that out of the way, how many people would be interested in this? I'll hande the worldbuilding myself, but if someone wants to help with the actual combat system, I'd appreciate it.

Magical girl RPs seem to have fallen out of style. On well. Won't stop me from trying to get one going.

Imagining the idea of Magical Girls ice skating while throwing fire balls has me in stitches XD I'd probably join purely for the hilarity of it, if you weren't intending to have a combat system anyway. IMO, combat systems are pretty out of place in magical girl RPs where it's pretty much a competition to have the prettiest attacks, rather than the most effective.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Imagining the idea of Magical Girls ice skating while throwing fire balls has me in stitches XD I'd probably join purely for the hilarity of it, if you weren't intending to have a combat system anyway. IMO, combat systems are pretty out of place in magical girl RPs where it's pretty much a competition to have the prettiest attacks, rather than the most effective.
The combat system would be less about the attacks and more about regulating how many spells can be slung around in a single post. Then again, that can just be a regular rule rather than a whole system.

Also, tossing fire around on ice. Best hope one of them has a zamboni license!

Status
Not open for further replies.