Magical Girl Dies Twice

BaneOfDreams

Pinch me and die
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
The Artisan's Muses

Nestled away on an undisclosed island location, hidden well from prying eyes, a rich "Artisan" worked for five long years perfecting her work. The Artisan, either through supernatural boon or unheard of technological innovation, tapped into the source of dreams. What did she want to create? With the power of dreams at her command nothing was impossible, yet her ambition remained relatively small. All the Artisan wanted was to see beauty, grace, and purity manifest for her to see. Without a moment's hesitation her dream became manifest: The Magical Girl.

1464103269-1a7fca0ebb8ada4a4c978852e2115825.jpeg

An amount of Magical Girl's, all unique and varied in ability, lived a quiet life with the Artisan for a year. Each girl was between the age of 12 and 18 - all with their own manufactured histories and memories. So, it seemed that this quiet existence with the Artisan was merely a natural extension to their "lives" rather than a beginning. The Artisan was kind to all the Magical Girls and spared no adoration for her dreams becoming manifest. Yet, through some twist of fate, one day the Artisan disappeared and left her muses on the island. This came with no warning, nor did the girls have any direction.

Unfortunately, a week later direction was provided to the girls in the form of a combined military assault on the island. Soldiers with no markings signalling any affiliation assaulted the island. To the Magical Girl's dismay, these soldiers had equipment that nullified their abilities. All girls were killed unceremoniously...

We Die Twice

This was not the end. You may kill the girl, but never will you kill her spirit. All magical souls drifted to a high-tech boarding school. Souls latched onto both male and female members of the boarding school. Affected individuals developed a split consciousness between their human self and magical girl self. Both were sharing a head and it was very possible that the two could either love sharing a body, or hate sharing a body. Despite these feelings, all magical girls made their presence known to one-another allowing their hosts to come together in some ramshackle "club."

Maybe members of this club thought fun times were ahead. After-all, they could transform into a magical girl, so perhaps they could use this new-found "relationship" for the greater good, personal gain, or a combination thereof:

Then they heard the helicopters....

The familiar soldiers bearing no affiliation were coming....

Last edited:
Basic Rules and Disclaimers

1.) This RP will be very dark and touch on disturbing subject matter. I have intentionally left the worst out of the premise to keep surprises. However, if you are going to participate in this be ready for: graphic depictions of abuse/torture, implications of child abuse, suicide, drug usage, grief and loss, and so on. I will be practicing discretion and will have the worst things be implied, but all of these serve a purpose.

2.) The setting takes place in an alternate Earth in present year. So, disregard current events, political figures, and so on from the last twenty years or so. The world in this setting is experiencing tension between three superpowers (U.S.A, European Union, and China). More details of this relationship will be explained in extended lore.

3.) You will be playing two character inhabiting the same being. The magical girl must be female, but the human can be any manifestation of gender.

4.) Humans can access a small portion of their magical girl forms abilities; however, they do not receive any boosts to their strength, speed, and durability.

5.) All magical girls have the following powers: telepathy, enhanced speed, enhanced strength, invulnerability via regeneration, and they can adopt either a casual appearance or a magical appearance.

6.) The magical girl form operates on a limited supply of power. Getting hurt, using abilities, and so on drains this. Once power is expended they revert back into the host's form. If the host is killed, then the magical girl is "effectively killed" (No spoilers about what happens).

7.) No limits on abilities outside of things I feel will cripple the narrative. So, go crazy with the magical girl powers and I will request them to be weakened as needed.

8.) No one-liners please. Other than that, no limits on postings in self-contained scenes. So, wait for the entire group in a specific scene, but if you are conducting a scene with only 3 players then post as much as you want. With that said, I require at-least one post a week.​

Character sign ups are open!

I will make a lore page. The surface level world your characters are in is similar to now-days, so knowing lore is not needed to make characters. Additionally, all magical girls will have their own "mental backstories" about the worlds they believe that they hailed from.

I am not joining this RP but it gets my blessing and seal of approval.

• Sweet
Reactions: BaneOfDreams
I'm still looking for many more people! Below is the lore page, which is a work in progress.

We have one person currently (maybe two) and I am looking for 4-5. Where are my magical girls at?

I am interested. Count me in.

Bang. Count me in.

Awesome! Everyone can go ahead and make there characters. I will allow one more person to join.

I've posted my CS.

Tell me if I need to edit or change anything please, Bane, thank you.

I've posted my CS.

Tell me if I need to edit or change anything please, Bane, thank you.

Amazing character! She will fit very well into the universe and story.

Reactions: Izurich
I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a minute, and have decided to throw my hat into the ring. It's been a minute since I've partook in a group rp! If you still wouldn't mind another person joining, then I'd like to apply myself.

in it.

to win it.

Well I am interessed.

I posted my app

Tell me if I need to change something.