SHSL Torment
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I've recently come back from an RP hiatus, and I am slowly easing myself back into RP. One of the characters I've missed most is Charee, so I'd really enjoy the opportunity to reboot her! Below is Charee's character sheet, but please note that nothing in it is completely firm: I can change details as needed to fit her into a specific RP.

Informatiton:
  • I can post 3 paragraph long replies twice per week. I'm busy with university studies at the moment, so I need an RP where people don't mind being patient with posting.
  • I've got a good few years of roleplay under my belt (not all on this account), so I'm a fairly experienced RPer. I don't think I'm an amazing writer, but I think I've learnt the essentials of RP.
  • My top RP preference would be to join another magical girl RP, but I am open to invites to any sort of magical/supernatural RP.
  • I prefer group RPs, but I am open to invites to 1x1s.
  • I can't think of any no-goes right now, but I will add them if I encounter any.

Credit: Sakuhanaka

Charee.png
Credit: PiKa.

2_2.png
  • Name:
    Charee Moreau.

Magical Girl Alias:
    La Voisin.

Originally Charee was 14, but I definitely want to age her up. Let's say she's 17 for now.

Nationality:
    French.

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual.

Height:
    5'2".

Weight:
    112 lbs.

Hair Color:
    Platinum blonde.

Eye Color:
    Pink.
  • Personality:
    The persona Charee shows the world is that of a sweet, happy-go-lucky girl who is blissfully unaware of the threats of the world. Charee appears to be extraverted, often being the one to initiate conversations and seek out company. The persona Charee shows the world isn't entirely a lie: the kindness she shows others and her passion for cute things are both genuine. However, Charee knows far more than she lets on, having been taught just how depraved humanity can be and how to stay safe by her mother. She keeps up the innocent act not out of malicious intent, but because the sympathy of others is a unhealthy coping mechanism for her insecurities. Her extraversion isn't fake in the sense she enjoys being around others, however she isn't confident in herself, instead craving the approval of others. Sometimes Charee wonders if keeping up a fake persona makes her a bad person, and if her efforts to be a better person than her predecessors are doomed. This feeds into the biggest lie of all: Charee doesn't have a bubbly disposition, she is deeply anxious. There is hope for Charee though, because above all else she is determined, and she is slowly trying to improve herself.

- Plushies. Charee is somewhat embarrassed by her plushie collection, but it fits well enough with her cute persona that she won't hide it.
    - Cute clothing. Charee is rarely seen wearing anything other than cutsie, brand-name clothing.
    - Fruit. Charee doesn't have the stomach for large meals, and being health conscious she prefers to satisfy her sweet tooth with fruit rather than candy.

Dislikes:
    - Getting dirty. Given the amount of time and effort Charee puts into her appearance, it's understandably frustrating when her look is ruined.
    - Surprises. It can be difficult for Charee to keep up her fake persona in situations she's unprepared for.
    - Winter. Being small and wearing light clothing means Charee is vulnerable to the cold.

Hobbies:
    - Gymnastics, attending practice three times a week.
    - Shopping is one of Charee's main stress-relievers.
    - Making social media content. Charee has earned a significant online following, and has a dedicated fanbase.
    - Studying chemistry.
  • Charee comes from a long lineage of women who have used their magical powers for less than honourable purposes: Charee's mother, Manon Moreau, is no exception. Manon is famous for selling some of the most potent drugs on the black-market - created using her Mastery - which has earned her great riches, famous clientele, and the Military Police on her tail. Despite Manon's celebrity-criminal status it is unknown to the public that she has a lover and child, much to Charee's relief. Charee's father Laurent lives a very different lifestyle to Manon, being a reputable businessman. The public story is that the mysterious mother of Laurent's beloved child left him and Charee shortly after Charee was born, although in reality the pair are as close as ever.

Compassion and honesty are the sorts of traits that get one killed in Manon's line of work, so she struggles to let down her guard and communicate affectionately with Charee, even though Charee honestly means the world to her. Laurent's own complicated upbringing has left him unsure of what normal family life is like, which isn't helped by the fact he struggles to find family time with his busy career. Combined Charee having to keep her family situation secret so Manon isn't caught by the police, and you have a perfect recipe for an insecure girl who rarely expresses her true feelings. This is why Charee pours so much effort into her cute persona: she craves the attention her adoring fans give her, and uses it as a shield to hide her true feelings.

Charee applied to the Elite Magical Girl Academy by herself, wanting to avoid the same fate as her predecessor's. Whether or not the school is aware Charee's lineage is unknown to Charee, but regardless they accepted Charee. For the last two years Charee has been working incredibly hard to ensure she has a promising (and legal) future, hoping to join one of the three big magical girl organisations. Most of her year aren't aware of this though, only knowing Charee only as a sweet but seemingly air-headed social-media star.
  • Mastery Type:
    Poison.

Utility Spells:
    Toxic Immunity- Is immune to many poisons, although some stronger poisons may still affect her. She is immune to all of her own poisons/attacks.
    Spirit Fountain- Can create various types of alcohol, including that which may be used for sanitation.
    Antidote- Cures target of the effects of poison.

Minor Masteries:
    Dousing- Shoots a small amount of flammable liquid at the opponent, which can be set alight when it receives enough friction (much like a match stick).
    Snake Fangs- Shoots 2 to 4 darts of poison at the enemy. Upon contact they will cause a moderate stinging sensation and slightly slow muscle movement.
    Lilac Slice- A slashing attack imbued with poison, which will mildly corrode biological substances.

Medium Masteries:
    Laced Mist- A lilac mist forms, which will cause great disorientation and nausea to anyone who inhales it.
    Showers of Hell- Acidic rain will fall upon a target area of about 15 metres² for 20 seconds, moderately corroding biological substance it comes in contact with.

Major Masteries:
    Black Mass- An indigo fog forms around the opponent, which will paralyse muscles it engulfs for 60 seconds. After the fog has formed Charee can send 5 bolts at a target, which will cause great corrosion to biological substances it comes in contact with.

Non-magical talents:
    - Charm. Charee is good at influencing others, and despite feeling guilty about it she's not above using it to her advantage.
    - Flexibility. Practising gymnastics has honed Charee's flexibility and balance.
    - Chemistry knowledge. Charee is one of the top students at her school for chemistry, and is especially knowledgeable about poisons.

• Original RP:
    Elite! Magical Girl Academy.

Sample Post:
    This post is from the original RP I played Charee in. I have edited it to reflect my new writing style and the changes I've made to Charee's personality. You can find the original post here if you're interested.

Charee tried her best to conceal her admiration of the other girls' transformations. Both Ava and Miyuki appeared completely composed and ready for battle now they were transformed. They looked attractive too, but those sorts of thoughts could be saved for later. Everyone would be relying on Charee - perhaps with the exception of the cold-hearted Ava - meaning Charee had to keep up with the other magical girls. Charee felt overwhelmed with determination to prove herself, to prove she could help bring peace rather than sowing chaos like the rest of her family. Barely able to conceal her trembling, Charee began her transformation.

"Purity of a maiden, power of a poisoner; presenting to you, La Voisin!"

A mulberry-coloured mist engulfed Charee's body, hiding her entirely from view. The mist billowed outwards for a few moments before suddenly dissipating, leaving an entirely new girl stood before the group. Where there had once been a petite little girl now stood a tall and voluptuous lady, complete with hair flowing all the way down to her full hips. This woman was adorned with an ornate dress accentuating her new curves, decorated with ruffles and bows. To finish off the look the lady held a staff with a bundle of crystalline flowers at its head. To test out her new look La Voisin did a quick twirl, giggling as her dress rippled around her.

"Ready to go! It's your turn to transform now, Mina."

There was something different about the way La Voisin spoke. While Charee had always come across as confident, she tended to be coy, while La Voisin's voice was more assertive. La Voisin had the aura of a lady who commanded. It's not like La Voisin was an entirely different person though; some things were truly part of Charee, whatever form she was in. Not that those traits would get a chance to be seen today, since battling monsters didn't tend to present the opportunity to get excited over plushies.

Songs:
    Spotify playlist.

Notes:
    • I might commission some more art for Charee if I start playing her again.
    • In Charee's old character sheet I described her as being manipulative, but as I started actually playing her that just didn't feel right given her desire to be better than her predecessors.

Last edited:
Bump so y'all know Charee is still available.