ALWAYS OPEN OPEN SIGNUPS Magic Unbound: The Academy Between Worlds SU

Any comments/critique regarding my sheet? (It's okay, I'm not fragile)

I could comb through your sheet going on the long diatribe on something completely innocuous but that'd be mean spirited. Instead I will mention that you read like someone with a lot of experience while the vibe I get from my sheet and most other people's is that we're first years. As someone who knows a guy in fencing, getting the red kind of enraged is the exact opposite of what you want in a sword fight as that leads you to make hot blooded mistakes. I'd also go over the following questions:

What was your characters martial education? Being such a good swordsman you beat your seniors requires you to both be a prodigy and have an extensive education. Having so many swords and your neuro linked arms does help, but concentrating on two weapons is already a mighty difficult task that it takes years of training for duelists to get the hang of. Even then, its typically with a parrying dagger and a sword. Very rarely you get exceptions though with blades the same length (Japan comes to mind).

These aren't unworkable ideas, you just need to think about these. Talk to Rissa about it. Or hey, maybe you already did! ^_^

Well, from what I know fighting with two weapons isn't necessarily that hard. I mean, you go to an introductory class in Kali or Eskrima and they usually have you using two sticks within a few weeks. Getting good enough to fight properly takes a lot longer obviously but that's true for everything. Yuling uses a version of Bagua butterfly swords which are meant for two-weapon use by design.

But anyway I didn't write up Yuling's full backstory because three sentence vibe check (I love that idea though). But it's a convoluted and tragic history that involves generational grudges and the sins of the fathers and corrupt Imperial officials in a dystopian China where the Qing dynasty survived into the cyberpunk era. In other words, typical wuxia stuff. So Yuling comes in with a lot of martial training and qi cultivation and whatnot. (She is also surprisingly highly educated for coming off as a social yahoo.)

Any comments/critique regarding my sheet? (It's okay, I'm not fragile)
Realised after posting mine that you already said you were making a cyberpunk character. Fortunately, it seems like we ended up taking the genre in very different directions.
Having so many swords and your neuro linked arms does help, but concentrating on two weapons is already a mighty difficult task that it takes years of training for duelists to get the hang of.
Now I'm imagining something like an onboard combat AI in each arm to do most of the processing before coordinating with the main brain. Kind of like what octopuses have going on with the "extra brains" in their arms.
additionally, everyone with 'black' in their auric colors will have mandated guardian counseling c:
Oh no.

That octopus thing was exactly what I was going for.

• Haha
Reactions: rissa and Cwispy
Name: Alexander "Alex" Black

Guardian Name: Mayday

Magical Epithet:
(Do not reveal publicly; only to mEEE)

Appearance:
alexfaceclaim.jpg
mayday.jpg
Alex is generally your grunge kid who hates wearing any color that isn't black. His curly dark hair and acorn skin, he gets from his Puerto Rican mother, while his green eyes come from his deadbeat father of ambiguous European descent. His attractive qualities are unassuming and perhaps non-conventional. The fullness of his lips. The long strip of his nose. The late blooming stipples of hair that barely grace the smooth planes of his face. Maybe magic can give him a beard.

Auric Colors: Red, White, Black

Academic Affiliation: Oathharvest Academy

3 Sentence Vibe Check: There is probably too much reality on Earth C-10-18, a world so steeped in the mundane that it's strangling itself into a slow apocalypse, cutting down its would be protectors and guardians with fear and greed. Which is probably why Alex Black is petrified to represent it, let alone attempt to solve any of its problems-- he knows tarot card readers more qualified in magic than him! The stress of adding quasi-inter-reality-University, alongside regular highschool (which he is failing, even at the age of 19), maintaining a relationship, and working a full time job at his mom's bar barge, means that one of these nights he'll forget to lock the closet, or turn on the night light. And when that happens, the monster that's haunted him all his life will finally have it's due.
Oh wait, you wanted me to put his abilities in here, didn't you? He's pretty good at making chicken tendies. He will dedicate all his resources to creating a spell that can fry chicken instantly.

Your ideal posting speed: I can post fairly often, sometimes multiple times a week! (yay)

-- Optional --

Companion:
His cat Ragnarok, which, inexplicably, is never far away. She's a fuzzball tortoiseshell who is probably not magical, except in her capacity to demand attention.

Miscellaneous: As a forever DM I love grey characters with the potential for villainy. My intent with this character is to perhaps make someone who struggles to juggle the responsibilities and stresses of their life, is generally not very good at honing their magical aptitude, and will probably lose quite often. This means that at some pivotal moment they might eschew their normal moral compass in favor of a cheat, if you will. That's just my loose intention and I'd like the RP to ultimately determine Alex's growth as a character.

Last edited:
im including brown as well, class of disaster is strAIGHT FACTS

*whistles innocently after posting my absolute problem of a character*

• Haha
Reactions: Hyphae
He's pretty good at making chicken tendies. He will dedicate all his resources to creating a spell that can fry chicken instantly.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I checked and there is no chicken in the provided component pouch.

• Haha
Reactions: rissa
He's pretty good at making chicken tendies. He will dedicate all his resources to creating a spell that can fry chicken instantly.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I checked and there is no chicken in the provided component pouch.
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

There's gotta be chickens somewhere in the World Between.

Also. @rissa was this RP at all inspired by Elden Ring? Cause "World Between" and the usage of grace has the Elden Ring… ring to it.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

There's gotta be chickens somewhere in the World Between.

Also. @rissa was this RP at all inspired by Elden Ring? Cause "World Between" and the usage of grace has the Elden Ring… ring to it.
Are you sure you want to eat the chicken?

It has a touch of inspo from Elden Ring, si!! I haven't played myself, but I'm an absolute whore for lore, so I got my friend to tell me about it after crawlin thru the wiki and watching some "topic explained" videos from youtube. It's definitely not the strongest pull (I'd prolly have to give that to Sailor Moon and Jujutsu Kaisen) but nice catch!

Also! Everyone can now check out the "NPCS & MORE" tab to get a peek at some folks :covereyes:

Are you sure you want to eat the chicken?
I see no problems with attempting to eat magical quasi dimensional void chicken that may or may not be the spawn of Cthulu. Alex has a motto "Anything'll fry if you bread it right." :D

It has a touch of inspo from Elden Ring, si!! I haven't played myself, but I'm an absolute whore for lore, so I got my friend to tell me about it after crawlin thru the wiki and watching some "topic explained" videos from youtube. It's definitely not the strongest pull (I'd prolly have to give that to Sailor Moon and Jujutsu Kaisen) but nice catch!

I have watched all those lore videos a bazillion times. Vaatividya has some amazing story driven ones. I have definitely put probably wayyyy too many hours into Elden Ring.

Also. Yay! NPCS! Time to find out who to be a problem for.

• Haha

im including brown as well, class of disaster is strAIGHT FACTS

So the academy takes the approach of ranking its students and having a straight-As honour class and an extremely special needs omega class?

I can see some bullying/rivalry dynamics on the horizon.

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Cwispy and rissa
I'm looking at the NPC's and I'm already repping my academy hard. Like, Minister Cunningham has big step on me vibes. Clearly Oathharvest is going to dunk on all you nerds.

• Haha
I'm looking at the NPC's and I'm already repping my academy hard. Like, Minister Cunningham has big step on me vibes. Clearly Oathharvest is going to dunk on all you nerds.
she is a bit of a badass— and her ambassador is the youngest since lyra scarheart :balletdancer:

she is a bit of a badass— and her ambassador is the youngest since lyra scarheart :balletdancer:

I'm sure Alex will be whipped into shape in no time. What do the ambassadors do exactly? Are they just ambassadors to the different academies?

I'm sure Alex will be whipped into shape in no time. What do the ambassadors do exactly? Are they just ambassadors to the different academies?
Sorta!! They essentially represent their respective Academies at the university while the minister takes care of the day-to-day business of the academy and their respective specialties!

MAGIC UNBOUND: THE ACADEMY BETWEEN WORLDS

Introduction

INDWELL BETWIXT ALL WORLDS IN WHICH MAGIC EXISTS...

Lies an ancient, everlasting, and immemorial place, where magic— at its most concentrated —lives. Nestled between every existence with a potential for magic is the World Between, a magical space ever changing, ever forming and adapting to the whims and fears of its inhabitants.
For millennia untold, the young women who've been graced with the Guardian Share have been invited in to study and understand the powerful magic they wield. When they graduate as Magical Guardians, fit to protect the Universum against forces of negative energy, they graduate with elite and exclusive skill sets tailored to their magical epithet and a vast array of knowledge from every magical girl that'd come before them.
A new school year is about to begin at Wolpurgiswora University, and it will be one fit for the history books. For the first time ever, the World Between welcomes in a new generation of Magical Guardians— a graduating class that contains both young women and young men. As the cultural shock reverberates throughout the World Between, professors and ministers that govern Wolpurgiswora's different academies ready their campuses for the foreign inclusion of men into spaces that had never conceived it was possible. After all, the Guardian Brooch uses soul transport to take Guardians betwixt their home worlds and the World Between.
Only a few of the ministers have refused young men entry into their academies, outraged that they would even be asked to do so. However, the rest... they know, deep, deep in their hearts that something must be horribly unbalanced in the Universum for men to start receiving Grace. It began with the few who had read the signs two-betwixt years ago, but now whispers of the Breath of Halted Nigh are everywhere.
Doubt creeps into the World Between, darkening her rose pink skies.
The end of the Universum is nigh.

Overview

The World Between is a massive magical space, one that grows and shrinks with the passing of time. It is magical in nature; Providence-by-the-Coast boasts large intricate statues weathered by the salty sea spray, where the ocean simply plummets into the Void Beyond after a few hundred miles. Every four years students and professors alike gather along the coastline to witness the coral pink void whale migration. Likewise, in Hollowgarde Proper, goods and wares from all over the universum can be found in bazaars and shopping centers raised by alumni who've left and returned and set up permanent shop, finding themselves incapable of leaving the World Between's comfort for too long.
At its center is Wolpurgiswora University, the entire estate a shocking 29,000 acres. Within the heart of this city are the main buildings; Department of Liminal and Extra-planar Spaces, Guardian Offices, the Library, the Cafeteria, (there's a mess hall of sorts on every academy grounds, just smaller and meant for the meals betwixt breakfast, lunch, and dinner) lecture halls, most of the first year's classrooms, as well as the Hall of Chanting, where everyone meets once a month in their formal clothes for a ceremony. There's also the Wishing Tree, the underground spa, and the flying pitch.
One important thing to keep in mind is that time moves differently in the World Between. You can be gone for months, galivanting through the Yarrow Fields and then soul-transport back to your home world, only to realize you've been gone for mere seconds. To graduate from Wolpurgiswora Academy, students must complete 7 years of academia studies and spend their final year in the Void Beyond. In special circumstances, the magical brooch will involuntarily soul-transport young children who do not have anywhere else to go. These children are sent to live in the orphange, where they help Minster Starley with more of the fun duties around the academy.
Quick Links

A Brief Look at Magic, Culture, and Setting

Magic is believed to be feminine in nature.
Feminine by design.
Thus why no man, child or grown, had ever been Graced.
Sure, there are plenty of male warlocks, sorcerers, and wizards throughout the universum, but none have ever been given access to the Guardian Share. A magic born of and kept preserved by those in the World Between.
Until now.
In the past two-betwixt years (Common phrase/reminder that time moves differently on the myriad of worlds, and two-betwixt years means anywhere from 2 to 20 years. Three-betwixt years is 3-30 years, etc.) a handful of teenage boys and young men have been graced with the Guardian Share, their brooches manifesting and giving them access to the World Between, a demesne unto itself.
Some feel exposed. Some feel under siege. Some see it as no issue at all. Either way, Headmistress Greystone has asked everyone to tread carefully and sympathetically this school year, as new and old get accustomed to the change.
Magic Types
Too many to be absolutely precise, the following types of magic are the most broad of categories, where unique subtypes and specialties typically find harmony or balance. There are nine all together:

• Abjuration
  • Alteration
  • Conjuration
  • Divination
  • Destruction
  • Enchantment
  • Evocation
  • Illusion
  • Restoration

Students are expected to take at least one class of each type per semester until their third year*, including two additional biweekly physical endurance classes. Thereafter, intermediate to advanced classes are doled out, as well as specialized courses based on ones magical ability and epithet. You can take a peek at the curriculum here.
Auric Colors
Auras are predominantly used in the process of healing, doctoring, and taking stock of one's fundamental core— their magical epithet and overall wellbeing. Despite the different teachings throughout the universum, in the World Between specifically, foundational auras only change during the course of one's life or under traumatic circumstances.
Everyone has a dominant color and one to two auxiliary colors that define them. It's not always representative of their personality or beliefs, but rather how they interact with the world on an instinctual and subconscious level— paired with where their ideological heart meets their Guardian Share. Note: the last three colors (white, black, and brown) are auxiliary colors only.
Red - Energy, passion, leadership
Orange - Creativity, collaboration, positivity
Yellow - Charismatic, confident, harmonious
Green - Nurturing, manifesting, compassion
Blue - Insight, tranquility, motion
Indigo - Empathy, power, intuition
White - Protection, grace, truth
Brown - Negativity, depression, fear
Black - Blocked energy
Herbs
While many and more herbs exist and are grown in the comfort of the World Between, the ones listed below have made the short list and are the herbs in the Herb Bundle from the university-provided component pouch.
The Witches Herb - Basil - Common
Dead by Night - Belladonna - Toxic - Uncommon
Holy Thistle - Blessed Thistle - Rare
Beggar's Buttons - Burdock - Uncommon
Calendula - Marigold - Common
Nepeta - Catnip - Common
Celandine - Star Poppy - Rare
Witches Grass - Chickweed - Uncommon
Sweet Wood - Cinnamon - Common
Sage - Violet Sage - Common
Sweet Cicely - Death's Final Kiss - Rare
Graveyard Dust - Valerian - Uncommon
White Willow Bark - Rare
Sea Salt - Purple Salt - Uncommon
Yarrow - Flower, Root, Stalk, Powder - Common

Magic gab explained!
Breath of Halted Nigh - Colloquially used for the end of the universum as well as a tangible threat attempting to breach the World Between, something never before considered, as the only form of entry is soul transport via the guardian brooches.
Epithets - Magical words inscribed upon the soul of every Magical Guardian. It's theorized that when graced, the etching of the epithet begins, others theorize that everyone in the universum has an epithet, but only Magical Guardians have the ability to harness the power therein. Regardless of how it happens, a Guardian's epithet is the "heart" of their magical power and themselves as a person.
Guarded Worlds - Worlds that have the potential for magic and thus a magical guardian. These worlds are protected against negative forces, be they curses, monsters, or evil witches.
Guardian Share - Every magical guardian has been imbued with a portion of the overwhelming magic connected to the World Between. For some it was at birth. For others it was after a traumatic or religious experience. Regardless of the genesis, receiving a "guardian share" is traditionally seen as being "graced" by this potent magical energy, to uphold the positive forces of the Universum.
Magical Guardian - An honorific coined by the late Handler Rejes, "magical guardian" refers to the occupation and duty those who hold a sliver of the powerful magic that binds them to the World Between.
Universum - A term for all of the worlds combined or spoken of as a whole.

Wolpurgiswora University

1. Hollowgarde Academy
    Sacred Color: White

Hollowgarde is the oldest academy and one of the first few structures to ever be built in the World Between. Magic runs deep here and students from all over the university book private time in the reflection gardens tucked away in the starry, twi-lit caverns beneath the main dormitory. It is said Hollowgarde mages have dug and carved out a stairway all the way to the Void Beyond, and many younger students bet each other to make it as far as they can before being caught-- or worse --turning tail.

Minister Ophelia Starley, the woman who oversees Hollowgarde Academy, asked the Headmistress of Wolpurgiswora University to be exempt from the inclusion of male students for one reason and one reason only: the orphanage grounds for special-case students are located here. Before Headmistress Greystone could say anything, the Minister said she would also fund a boys-only orphanage on University grounds, in the event special-case male students are graced as well. The headmistress agreed without hesitation and construction has already begun.

Positive Relations: Wildheart and Oatharvest
    Neutral Relations: Treethorn
    Negative Relations: Providence, Starswallow, Swiftheart
  2. Wildheart Academy
    Sacred Color: Orange

Nestled between the overgrown Liminal Gardens and the prestigious white-stone gilded fences of Hollowgarde, Wildheart Academy is a relatively relaxed place to live, with greenery wherever your eyes look. Most physical endurance courses (which are always held mid-morning on your academy grounds) are hellish obstacle courses around and through the many greenhouses. There are two locations within Wildheart that students can request an entry permit for: the debate hall and the alumni-run Cryheart's Magical Pigments.

Positive Relations: Hollowgarde and Oatharvest
    Neutral Relations: Starswallow, Treethorn, Swiftheart
    Negative Relations: Providence
  3. Oatharvest Academy
    Sacred Color: Red

One of the larger academies and perhaps the one most focused on combat, Oatharvest painted a target upon its back when Minister Cunningham flat out refused to cooperate in Providence Academy's plea to protest and forcibly remove the Guardian Share from these young men. Minister Cunningham said with the full force of Oatharvest that she would crush any and all who attempted to try. Ministers Starley and Aldridge of Hollowgarde and Wildheart stood behind her statement.

The academy is home to the House of Light, where students, professors, and ministers alike can go to let off steam. It's the only location in all of the academies where students can travel without an entry permit on a campus that's not their own. Here, you can fight to your hearts content-- let loose your full potential without accidentally killing someone --because death is not a possibility here!

Positive Relations: Wildheart, Hollowgarde, Starswallow
    Neutral Relations: Treethorn
    Negative Relations: Providence, Swiftheart
  4. Providence Academy
    Sacred Color: Blue

Minister Marsden Scarheart has run Providence Academy for hundreds of years. She is a staple in the community of Providence-by-the-Coast and the World Between as a whole. So it was a surprise to all when she claimed the end of their world would be heralded in by the souls of these young men-- that they should rally together and rip the Guardian Share from their hearts and send them back to their home world or better yet, drop them into the Void Beyond. Perhaps it was her influence or perhaps it was her impassioned and enraged plea, but the atmosphere which had been shocked, confused, and perhaps a bit frightened turned upside down and inside out.

Where Hallowgarde claims the right to be the first academy, Providence claims it's right as the first structure built upon the World Between. Its architecture is confusing, filled with resonance and magic, and styles that span thousands of home worlds. Students see the history in every chipped tile and worn stone. There are hundreds of secret passageways across this city-turned-academy, and plenty of secret tunnels that squirrel one away to the city by the coast. Almost all of the Upper-class lecture halls, theoretical performance halls, and mixed magic media classes are located here, though they have been temporarily shut down due to the inclusion of men into the World Between.

Positive Relations: Swiftheart
    Neutral Relations: Treethorn, Starswallow
    Negative Relations: Hollowgarde, Wildheart, and Oatharvest
  5. Swiftheart Academy
    Sacred Color: Indigo

Tucked away in the mountains north of Providence-by-the-Coast, Swiftheart Academy, currently seen as the lesser of two evils in the drama befalling the World Between, is normally, everyone's favorite academy. Students and alumni alike frequently request entry-permits for the lakes, waterfalls, and auric-healing pools located here. The theoretical metamagic halls and Transcendence Room is located here as well; where 3rd and 5th years must spend at least a(n accumulated) month contemplating and finding peace in a room deprived of all senses.

Despite refusing male students entry to her halls, Minister Lyra, against her mother's wishes, has agreed to help fund an all-boys dormitory and provide her first year professors, provided the University supplies classrooms within the Main Hall.

Positive Relations: Providence and Treethorn
    Neutral Relations: Starswallow and Wildheart
    Negative Relations: Hollowgarde and Oatharvest
  6. Treethorn Academy
    Sacred Color: Green

The minister of Treethorn Acadamey, Starla Rae, has always been a bit of a naturalist, transforming her academy into a treetop abode the moment she took office. It is the smallest academy at Wolpurgiswora. She has refused a coed-existence, but has already started a second dormitory just for the young boys that may settled into her academy. One of the few campuses hidden away, this time in another plane of existence stretched and laid atop this one, Treethorn academy can only be entered through Wolpurgiswora's main gardens. In the third greenhouse to the right, students can find a winding tree-case that goes on and on and on, until finally, the last steps transports them to their treehouse dorms.

Positive Relations:
    Neutral Relations: Starswallow, Oatharvest, Providence, Swiftheart, Hollowgarde, and Wildheart
    Negative Relations:
  7. Starswallow Academy
    Sacred Color: Yellow

Starswallow Academy is an acrophobes worst nightmare, despite the fact that almost everyone can fly. There's always a new student or two too afraid to reach the apex their first night. Located atop the university's highest tower is a half-plane superimposed atop the splendid tower, allowing the guardians uninterpreted views of the cosmos beyond. Rumors ring out every Allhallowtide that they swallow stars to increase their power three-fold, but no one has ever witnessed this. As one of the newer academies, there are no lecture halls or official classrooms here, but there is something special that the first year herbalist professor likes to show off: the slender, elegant tree growing in their open-aired entry hall is the only successful cutting of the pygmy Yggdrasil tree from Wolpurgiswora's courtyard down below.

Positive Relations: Oatharvest, Wildheart, Hollowgarde, Treethorn
    Neutral Relations: Swiftheart
    Negative Relations: Providence

Lower classes:
Year 1 -
Semester 1: Principles of Arcane Calligraphy, Comparative Magical Studies, Introduction to Alchemical Interactions, Alteration & You: A Beginners Lecture, Illusionary Ethics, Principles of Elemental Studies, Divination is Not for Everyone: A Lecture, Basic Design: Spellcraft 101
- 7 Month Break - Halfway through the school year, five classes (which are underlined above) are dropped and replaced in the following semester.
Semester 2: Wards, Wands, and Sigils; A Lecture, Mystical Gemology, Anatomy for the Beginner Mage, Principles of Destruction, The Experimental Component Lab, Intro to Magical Combat, Principles of Arcane Calligraphy, Basic Design: Spellcraft 101, Principle of Elemental Studies
Note: Semester lengths roughly equal 9-betwixt months.
An Incomplete List of Upper classes: Intro to Audiovisual Spellcrafting, Battle Magic, Digital Media and Transmittance, Physics and Phasmata, Mythical Forging Techniques (AP Only), Ephemeral Economics, Planar Geography, Advanced Alteration Studies, Arcanology (AP Only), Metamagic Studies (AP Only), Philosophy of the Arcane, Computer-Aided Drafting of Constructs, Resonant Architecture, and more!

University Provided Equipment
Dorm Aesthetics
Academy Signet Ring 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Scales
Censer
Broom
Ink pen
Cauldron
Glass jars
Sealing wax
Crystal vials
Mortar and pestle
Component Pouch
Ink pot (12 ounces)
Candles (5 of each auric color + 10 additional white candles)
Component Pouch Contents:
Tinderbox
Herb Bundle
12 sticks of Incense
Gemstone Assortment
Essential Oils (2 flasks per)
If students run out of University-supplied herbs, they're expected to harvest and process what they need from the Liminal Gardens. Additional supplies can be purchased with "credits" (hours spent volunteering) or with accumulated Gemhearts and Crystal Tears. Both are naturally found in the Void Beyond, where upperclassmen spend most of their time, but younger students with gold can exchange it for Gemhearts. The gold-standard-exchange rate states 1 gold (coin, drach, sphere, etc.) equals 10 gemhearts. There is no standardized equivalency for Crystal Tears- trade them or wait until your 5th year to find some in the Void Beyond.
The base uniform for Wolpurgiswora University (pictured left) consists of a plaid pleated skirt in Wolpurgi colors (wistera, pale dogwood cream, tearose pink, grey-violet), a charcoal colored long-sleeved blouse with the crest embroidered on the chest pocket, a plaid bow, with charcoal knee-highs with two plaid stripes, and charcoal-colored mary janes. Variants of this uniform include but are not limited to: dress and jumper combos, varying skirt lengths, as well as pants and bermuda-length shorts.
The newly-designed men's uniforms consist of charcoal colored pants, a long-sleeved wisteria colored button-down, a charcoal colored blazer and plaid tie. Similar charcoal colored dress shoes. In addition, Wolpurgi tailors have designed short sleeve button downs, polo-style shirts (long and short sleeve), shorts, as well as a gym uniform for basic attire. More to come next semester.
Note: Charcoal is never included in plaid. Pants/shorts are never plaid.
In addition to the uniform, all students must wear their capes / cloaks. In color they are a deep charcoal black, whose material shifts in composition to always provide the most comfortable feeling and texture. There are three different types which indicate your school year and magical expertise. First through third years wear black capelets that do not have hoods. Fourth through sixth years wear hooded double-breasted half-cloaks. Seventh and eighth years graduate to hooded full cloaks.
Character Creation

Creation Reminders
- Due to Professor Zinnia's campaigning over the past few decades, no magical guardians under 16 are given a broach to activate their latent powers and begin channeling their Guardian Share, even with the Breath of Halted Nigh upon the guarded worlds.
- The vibe of your home world can be anything, as long as the root of it remains within "magical girl" territory. I'm not here to police your desired aesthetics-- except for when you're on campus. :^) IE. Want mecha magical girls? Go for it. Wanna play as a Sailor Guardian? Go for it. Want a non-combatant who stays in the World Between and never leaves, practicing and shaping the Guardian Sphere? Go. For. It.
Make the vibe your own, and then remember...
- When on campus grounds, all students must be wearing one of their four uniforms or risk being carded! Customization is of course allowed, but don't get caught breaking the rules, or you'll find yourself with a detention card-- or worse, a hex.
Name:
Guardian Name:
Magical Epithet: (Do not reveal publicly; only to mEEE)
Appearance: Images are preferred, along with a short description clarifying any discrepancies with the faceclaim. Special Grade submissions include "Normal" and "Transformed" versions of their characters.
Auric Colors:
Academic Affiliation:
3 Sentence Vibe Check: Broil your character down to three sentences. Include their age, personality, power (including its strengths, weaknesses, tools, and clever usages), home world vibe, who they are, what they want out of life, and core motivations and fears.
Your ideal posting speed:
-- Optional --
Companion: Can be magical, mechanical, spiritual, or a suggested alternative relating to your home world vibes.
Miscellaneous:
Name: Piper "Pip" Delaney
Guardian Name: Grail Warden
Magical Epithet: Hope
Appearance: I will unabashedly use Akko from Little Witch Academia. You can't stop me. Pre Transformation, Post Transformation.
Auric Colors: Green dominant, Yellow and Blue auxiliaries
Academic Affiliation: Wildheart Academy
Vibe Check: Pip is your average girl wonder— happy-go-lucky, hardheaded, and a maybe just a bit clumsy; it often takes a few good knocks for this seventeen year old to really get the gist of a lesson well learned. Her home world, Fentysia, is constantly at odds with cursed witches and the creatures they summon out of the world's negativity and she hopes that discovering the true power behind False Ancients will help her reset the balance on her world.
Posting Speed: Once a week for my "main" character. A couple small NPC replies throughout the week. One big GM Post to move the narrative or scene(s) forward once a month or whenever needed.
Companion: Horatio Elam Ignatius Dor Elifur, a butterfly dragon that's the size of a very large house cat.
Like the idea, might give it a whirl

So when are we kicking off this hot potato? :o

• Wicked
Reactions: rissa and Hyphae
So when are we kicking off this hot potato? :o
prolly by the end of this week or the middle of the next— i have some fun character boogaloo's ill be sending yall over the next couple days to help me throughout the gm-process, but otherwise, just hopin to drum up a bit more interest before i start typing out the introductory posts!!