Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Weekdays 3:00 pm - 9:00 Pm Weekends EVERYTHING !~!~!
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modarn Fantasy, Magical, Scifi
Hello everyone!

I am Green. I wanted to see if there is anyone here who plays or who is interested in Magic the Gathering. Magic the Gathering is the worlds first Collectable Trading Card Game (TCG) made by Richard Garfield in the 90s. There are meny different ways to play like online and paper; different formats like modern, pauper (commons only), standard (only recent sets). Its a very diverse game and had been evoluting since its conception.

My question to you is how do you guys play? Are you new? Are you a vetern? Or are you looking to get into magic and don't know where to start?

I used to play every Thursday night with a group of 7 people. not all seven of us played every time but it was a close knit group. Most of us had multiple decks so it was fun,not knowing which deck was being used against you.

I had a good Elf deck with cards that I believe are no longer legal to use in tournaments but we never cared about that side of it. We were just having fun. I have to say, I really miss playing and I miss my buds.

I used to play every Thursday night with a group of 7 people. not all seven of us played every time but it was a close knit group. Most of us had multiple decks so it was fun,not knowing which deck was being used against you.

I had a good Elf deck with cards that I believe are no longer legal to use in tournaments but we never cared about that side of it. We were just having fun. I have to say, I really miss playing and I miss my buds.
That is nice. I really want a close friend group where it isn't super serious instead of playing with stranges at the lgs. It must have been nice. Sorry that you don't have that anymore. Did you move away or something?

Yes. I had a stroke and couldn't do stairs anymore, so I had to come and live with one of my children. I still see them when I go visit, and we get together then, but yeah...it was so fun. There was one guy that would get miffed if he didn't win, but oh well...we jsut let himr ant it off and would play again.

These were also my D&D buddies...we has so much fun. sighs*

I hope you find a fun group. Have you tried asking around the league if anyone was interested in a more casual group? that's how we all got together...and we met at each other's houses (Snack included WOOT)

Yes. I had a stroke and couldn't do stairs anymore, so I had to come and live with one of my children. I still see them when I go visit, and we get together then, but yeah...it was so fun. There was one guy that would get miffed if he didn't win, but oh well...we jsut let himr ant it off and would play again.

These were also my D&D buddies...we has so much fun. sighs*

I hope you find a fun group. Have you tried asking around the league if anyone was interested in a more casual group? that's how we all got together...and we met at each other's houses (Snack included WOOT)
The group I play with isn't super competitive, I think most of it has to do with the fact they are older guys and some of them have a lot of drama and toxic stuff going on. As I get older I am sure in college there will be people who play. Something I'm looking forward to two once I move out.

I'm sorry about all of that. Really seems like that turned your life over. I hope things are OK now.

The group I play with isn't super competitive, I think most of it has to do with the fact they are older guys and some of them have a lot of drama and toxic stuff going on. As I get older I am sure in college there will be people who play. Something I'm looking forward to two once I move out.

I'm sorry about all of that. Really seems like that turned your life over. I hope things are OK now.

Oh yeah that was about 10 years ago, so i'm good now. thanks for that kind thought though. there was a large group of players when i went back to college after my divorce (I was 41 at the time). I joined the gamers club and they taught me how to play magic. I caught the bug and it never left me. I'm sure you'll find a similar group at whatever college you go to, and if there isn't one...form it and have fun!!

As I get older I am sure in college there will be people who play. Something I'm looking forward to two once I move out.

Most of the folks I knew from the RPG Soc at uni were mad keen on their Magic as well, and I suspect that's likely to be the case at other colleges/unis. Usually a good crowd of people to play games with.

I dabbled in MtG back in the day, but I've been getting into it properly since I started playing Magic Arena. Black and White decks for the most part.

Yes I am that motherfucker who runs Ajani Pridemate and all the healing. Fite me.

As I get older I am sure in college there will be people who play. Something I'm looking forward to two once I move out.

Most of the folks I knew from the RPG Soc at uni were mad keen on their Magic as well, and I suspect that's likely to be the case at other colleges/unis. Usually a good crowd of people to play games with.

I dabbled in MtG back in the day, but I've been getting into it properly since I started playing Magic Arena. Black and White decks for the most part.

Yes I am that motherfucker who runs Ajani Pridemate and all the healing. Fite me.
Orzov yes. I play pauper on untap.in not so much arena since I don't like standard all that much.

I really like playing tempo, so like mono blue aggro-ish decks or simic stuff. I enjoy merfolk tribal and really fast fun aggro synergies. The old vicheasl deck back in Kaladesh standard was fun. Pride is fun to play with, you play that angel lifegain deck I seen around?

I've been playing Magic for 20 years or so, a favorite game of mine to be sure. My main format is EDH where I have way too many decks. I have a multicolor cube, I'll buy booster boxes so I can host drafts (especially Unstable, Battlebond and hopefully soon a new Conspiracy set).

Recently I went to GP Vegas for the third year in a row and had a blast. Got to play someone's Power Cube and I was champion both times I played. From there I met more local folks who coordinate playing cube so that's grand.

Arena I play off and on. Got back into it recently with a Clackbridge Troll deck.

you play that angel lifegain deck I seen around?

I think a lot of the cards used in the angel deck are gone with the rotation, but Throne of Eldraine has some great White shenanigans to take their place. All the knights and clerics work real nicely in a deck that's all about cranking up that life and empowering creatures.

I've been playing Magic for 20 years or so, a favorite game of mine to be sure. My main format is EDH where I have way too many decks. I have a multicolor cube, I'll buy booster boxes so I can host drafts (especially Unstable, Battlebond and hopefully soon a new Conspiracy set).

Recently I went to GP Vegas for the third year in a row and had a blast. Got to play someone's Power Cube and I was champion both times I played. From there I met more local folks who coordinate playing cube so that's grand.

Arena I play off and on. Got back into it recently with a Clackbridge Troll deck.
That is awesome. I hope to make it out to a GP one that it would be an awesome experience. My promo for the last prerelease was a Troll. I really want to play in a power cube, hopefully once I get into college I will meet more people to play with. Drafts is something I wanna get into.

I really did hate the angel deck. I did lose playing boros aggro with all of the life gain with pridemate. But I can just not play merfolk, but now its only in historic which is annoying to be honest.

I've only played Magic Arena, and I played it quite a bit. Haven't got to experience Thrones of Eldraine though, and I've put my Arena playing days on hold because I just haven't the time.

However.

Prime Speaker Vannifar is a darling and all my decks were basically just different multi-color variations to play around with her in.

I've only played Magic Arena, and I played it quite a bit. Haven't got to experience Thrones of Eldraine though, and I've put my Arena playing days on hold because I just haven't the time.

However.

Prime Speaker Vannifar is a darling and all my decks were basically just different multi-color variations to play around with her in.
Simic is the best guild and if anyone says otherwise they are dimir spy. >.>

That seems like a fun card, I didn't realize they make her. She is basically birthing pod. That was a whole deck in modern before it was banned.

Guilds from most to least favorite.
Dimir
Simic
Golgari
Rakdos
Orzhov
Izzet
Gruul
Azorius
Boros
Selesnya

Guilds from most to least favorite.
Dimir
Simic
Golgari
Rakdos
Orzhov
Izzet
Gruul
Azorius
Boros
Selesnya
Simic
Azorius
Selesnya
Boros (fun aggro)
Izzet
Orzhov
Dimir
Rakdos
Gruul
Golgari

I was Azorius but I kind of fell in love with Simic after Ixalan. I also just long super tempo, counters, counter (+1/+1), and merfolk stuff. It mkes me happy seeing the merfolk of ixalan with there cool jade armor.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Friday Nights, the MTG shorts made by LRR? They are so funny I can't even.

6BB54398-E9AE-48DD-BBB4-B5C9DC81D594.gif
LRR is fantastic.

Been following that project for a long while.

Been following that project for a long while.
Awesome. I just saw it the other day it was super well made.

Also: They banned Astrolabe in pauper and Field of the Dead in Standard

Also Pioneer is going to be a format? RTR and on world only standard legel sets and fetchs banned hmmm?