Magic Empires RP ~ Help to decide the fate of the four continents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinx catches the roll and eats it using both hands, her first bite was a nibble test after that she devoured the roll in 2 more bites. She sighed "Thank you. Hey, you've seemed off lately." Jinx watches her face, it was so depressed it made her feel depressed. She walks over to Selvaria and pulls herself up into the window sill so she could see the fight. "Does it interest you that much? To me it seems kind of boring, but then again I'm only thirteen so what do I know?" Jinx knocked on her head sticking a tongue out and Ozo opened an eye staring at the two.

"No, it doesn't. I'm no more interested in the fighting as a small rabbit is in becoming a foxes' meal." Selvaria replied, starring at the two in the arena fight. "All I want is to finish this as quickly as possible, and hopefully, when and if I become Empress, I'm interested in ruling as these lands should rightly be ruled. This fighting, it's senseless, wasteful. It isn't any more a necessity as an extra plot of land for a king who has everything already." She said, before finishing her roll, and looking away from Jinx.

"Look, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but I'm not completely here for making friends and small talk. There are people out there who have been bullied beyond belief, villages which are in fear of the tyrants trying to destroy them, that need looking after,"Latirona paused. "I can't allow the same thing that happened to my village to happen to others.. Sorry, if I seem a bit dark lately. My only goal, is winning." She finished, walking back to her bed.

She put her hair up, and put her sword and sheathe on her back, after slipping on her armor. "I'll be in the training room, if any of you need me." Selvaria noted, before walking out.

Ozo stared at Jinx as Selvaria walked away. "You still remember that day Ozo... The day you saved me from myself..." Jinx looked up at the moonlight remembering the lit village, so peaceful until they came. Jinx was a part of an assassination organization dedicated to the fun of killing, she was in on this until it was no longer fun. Jinx was one of the firsts to attack, letting explosives rain from the sky. The cracking of the fires always created a nice harmony when everything was over, but it didn't end how it usually did. The people retaliated, they forced the hand of the commander. Jinx and seven others were sent to deal with the retaliatory, a mass hanging took place due to Jinx's very own choking wire. Back then she was even shorter and wore a metal mask over her face, "Death String" a.k.a Jinx was now a wanted criminal with no face.

Jinx spent years in the forestry before coming across the blue bear, Ozo. Ozo originally hated Jinx and tried to kill her on several occasions, but Jinx never stopped him. Eventually Ozo, accepted Jinx, but the strangest of things happened. As Jinx spent more time with Ozo her mind started deteriorating most her memories, until the age of thirteen. Jinx's mind is now stuck like this without a clue of it happening.

The small girl fell asleep in the window sill and Ozo nudged her before tossing her onto his back and laying back down.

All of the conversation in the room shook Alex out of the semblance of sleep he was currently in. Getting out of his bed, he sighed. He wanted a cigarette, but nobody was allowed outside during the night. Instead, he simply got up and went to the training room. He was hoping that people would be trying to sleep at this hour, so he could sneak a cigarette or two.

When he arrived, he saw Selvaria fighting one of the straw dummies. Her moves were simply amazing. Even more amazing, the dummy hadn't taken any damage. She's skilled enough to fight like that and not inflict injuries. It's amazing.

"Hey. You seem a bit different. Was it from those memories of yours? I'm assuming that it was somewhat traumatizing from your first reaction."

Alex pulled out a cigarette and waited to see whether she would actually talk to him this time. Lighting it with his control over fire, he picked up a book, sat down, and started reading.

Randall heard Selvaria talking to Jinx, and had already finished his roll. Wiping his face, he thought about his fast, considering that Selvaria had. He was the mischievous one in school. Not afraid to act, but to speak in front of crowds. The son of two parents that would fight forever, and the oldest sibling out of the other 2 annoyances he called his brother and sister. My parents weren't killed... I wasn't an orphan, and my brother and sister are still alive. What makes me have a purpose to fight like them? He waited for the other side of his head to speak. Your purpose is to serve the kingdom and its people with great care if you win. Just because your past wasn't ravaged doesn't mean that the people of the continents aren't suffering due to the rule of the current ruler.

Randall shook his head. He decided it was time to go to sleep all of a sudden and closed his eyes and rested for morning, registering the thoughts he'd just heard in his mind.

Selvaria was in the training room, battling nothing in particular, very fiercely. Every attack looked as though it were supposed to be the finishing blow. She didn't hold anything back, even for a second. I must win, for the sake of those cannot help themselves, for the ones who can't fight back, Selvaria thought, attacking relentlessly, as if the invisible opponent was to be kept from swinging back.

She fought vigorously, as if surrounded by enemies who must be silenced for their unbelievable actions and crimes. Unrelenting, her fight against the air drew the attention of plenty of people, all commenting on her movements and strikes. Selvaria was passing the limit of everything she'd ever done before, to hone her skills and become more efficient in battle, Hoping one day, it might actually make a difference.

((OOC: sorry fire, i've been working at my post for forever now tehe))

((Not an issue :D. Just assume I walked in after this :D.))

((By after this, I mean after the crowd is gone, haha.))

((OOC: Dude, Randall's been laying in that bed for forever now XD tell him to get his lazy ass up Zeon :P))

Selvaria stopped her sword momentarily. "It was a memory from long ago, when my village was burned to the ground. My parents and brother had been killed a while before it, and I had come to terms with it, but now they were destroying the very village I lived in. I watched from the hill as everything and everyone I knew was burnt to the ground, and slaughtered everywhere," She said, before starting back slashing her sword more determined than ever. "They destroyed everything I'd ever known. Left me to be an outcast with nowhere to call home. So I moved from place to place, until the baker in Brudaanos took me in. It was then that I learned to bake things, and then I set out to learn to fight. I am different. I suppose you could say I've snapped, but that would be wrong." Selvaria explained.

"I'm finally myself again. The girl who wasn't about to let anything stand in her way. The girl who was going to make those who wronged her village pay dearly with their lives." She finished, striking a target multiple times, watching as the head exploded into tiny pieces of straw, and dispersed through the air towards the ground ever so slowly.

((Eh, no reason to. Somebody has to sleep, after all, and, by my approximation, it's about one o' clock in the morning. He needs his sleep :D.))

"That's some heavy shit," Alex responded. "You've had to go through quite a bit. I'm glad that you were able to find a home after that all happened, though."

Alex watched as she finished off the dummy. As deadly and efficient as I expected. Still looking down at his book, Alex asked, "Would you like a cigarette? It helps me calm down, and it's something to do. Takes your mind off of shit a little bit. No matter what you say, even though you're fighting so well, I can still see you shaking. It may help."

Turning a page in his book, he took out his pack and offered one to Selvaria.

"It won't help, never does. I'll be fine, I promise." Selvaria declined. It would be a long night of training, and she wasn't bent on stopping any time soon. She asked the guards to replace the dummies with new ones, and they did. Like she planned on going easy on these either.

She began her attacks once more, landing multiple hits, to the point most had been destroyed yet again, and she was almost dancing around the room, attacking the air, until she met with the final target again, slicing it up, and kicking the piece that was the chest, into a wall, destroying the straw body against the concrete brick.

"Well, whether it helps or not, you should take a break soon," Alex said, putting out his fifth cigarette and lighting another one. "Breaks are good for you, and we could just hang out a little bit."

Alex wasn't paying much attention to the book he was reading. Though he was still absorbing the knowledge from it, he could barely concentrate in the face of such a skilled swordsman.

Selvaria slowly sheathed her blade, and made her way to the shower just around the wall. "You want to hang out, that's fine, but I'm not interested in stopping." She said, removing her armor, and stepping into the shower, turning the water on. She let her hair down, and washed it, feeling the warm water flow down her neck and back.

"So, what is on your mind, Alex? What exactly does hanging out accomplish, if I may?" Selvaria asked, turning to face the shower head, letting the water flow down her chest, stomach, and legs.

"Wow, naked already. Usually it takes me at least an hour to get a girl out of her clothes," Alex joked. Despite his joke, Alex still looked away, slightly embarrassed by her openness. Alex replied, "In all seriousness though, it doesn't really accomplish anything. Though, this fight can get awfully lonely. If it does accomplish anything, it just makes things a little brighter while we're here. This place is a killing ground, and it can get kind of gloomy. As for what's on my mind, a lot. But nothing really relevant to this conversation. So, tell me Selvaria, what do you like to do in your free time?"

Lighting his ninth cigarette, Alex kept his gaze firmly on the book in front of him.

Selvaria ignored his joke, and kept showering. "It is gloomy, but how does hanging out make it any brighter? I might have to kill you, or you me. doesn't that bother you even in the least, that there might be a chance one of us has to take the others life to advance? It's best not to form attachments, as when the tie comes, those attachments can get in the way in the height of battle."

She said, turning the water off, and wrapping a towel around herself, sitting on the sink counter, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Mmm, I see modesty is a trait that's truly lost on our generation. Well, I guess I'll shower as well, now that you're out."

Putting down what would almost certainly not be his last cigarette for the night, Alex began to undress. Just heaping all of his clothes and armour on the floor in front of him, he got into the shower, sighing from pleasure at the hot water flowing on his body.

"You do raise a good point, but, as a good friend told me before she died, people are purpose. The entire point of this competition is to become the ruler of a whole lot of people. Making connections with those people is important to do the job correctly. That's not quite an answer, though. My answer is that by making connections, you meet people that you might not want to kill. That you won't kill. Even though I'm not quite the person to talk about it, having somebody important to you can make everything a little bit nicer. Sure, it'll be harder to kill, but is that a bad thing? Remember that this isn't a tournament decided by death. So far it's been that way because of us. That isn't the intention at all," Alex responded, trying to convince her to at least be friendly.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"I understand, where you're coming from, but what if they change the rules mid-competition? We can't let our guard down with them. They may say that it's not intended for killing, but we both know they all only want to further their own agendas. Which is why I intend to put an end to the Chairman when this is over." Selvaria said, half-noticing him get in the shower at the opposite wall from her. She didn't mind having no clothes on, as there was a towel on, so people wouldn't see anything anyway.

She walked just past the wall by the shower into the small hallway, and put her armor on, before going back to the sink, and wiping the mirror off with her towel, and putting her hair up once again.

Getting out of the shower, Alex walked up behind Selvaria, grabbing the towel from out of her hands.

"Don't want to waste a towel, you know," Alex said, smiling a little bit.

"You're right about the rule change, but we can't live our lives just waiting to be screwed. That'll simply drive you to be alone your entire life. You'll be waiting for the next big disaster to strike, limiting your ability to truly enjoy yourself. That's no way to live. It'll drive you crazy, turning you into a bitter, lonely, broken little girl that won't every be able to enjoy anything. For now, the rules are the rules. Never in the history of the games has it changed to killing only. It won't happen this time around."

"If we're both still alive after this tournament, I'm going to help you kill The Chairman. He's a massive douche, and I have reason to believe he's the one that poisoned the previous emperor."

"Now," Alex said, "you haven't answered my question yet. What do you like to do for fun?"

Selvaria turned to face him, "I don't do anything for fun. Never had time for anything fun. By the time I was old enough for anything remotely fun, my family was being killed right in front of me, and then a year later, my village was destroyed. SO tell me, what do I do for fun?" Selvaria asked, kicking him softly in the shin.

She chuckled as he moved his hands to cover his genitals as soon as she moved her leg. Typical man, always afraid of a kick in the balls. "To be honest, ruling the land won't be full of fun or anything near it. that isn't the point of being Emperor or Empress. It is about ruling the continents as best you can. True, there are times to let yourself go for a minute, but those are few and far between." Selvaria ended, now holding her sword in hand, eyes focused on the blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.