Magic Empires RP ~ Help to decide the fate of the four continents

Status
Not open for further replies.
((OOC: Kinda made it one-sided to speed it up, sorry for the delay guys))

Alex watched Selvaria with interest as she went towards the window. She suddenly just seemed to freeze and then tense every single muscle on her body. Then, like a gate letting water flow free, her muscles just relaxed and she collapsed, letting out a cry.

Hmm. Her head is fucked up, too. If I could figure out the trigger, I may be able to use that against her.

Normally Alex would consider it despicable to fuck with somebody's head, but she was a powerful opponent, and he might need an edge. Though, he wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary.

Standing up wordlessly, Alex quickly made for the bathroom. He could feel his head fighting against him, threatening to drown him, once again, in utter despair and hopelessness. He could hear the voices getting louder and louder, cutting each other off, practically screaming at him from inside his head.

Sitting on the bathroom floor, he unbandaged his left arm. It was covered in scars, some years old, some only days. He formed a blade with his control over air, making it as sharp as possible. He brought it across his wrist several times, letting the blood roam free. Something in his head seemed excited. Preoccupied with the blood. Retreating at the sight, yet inexplicably drawn to it. Looking down at the crimson liquid flowing down his wrist, Alex prepared to take control of it. An advanced water art that took years to learn, and years more to master, using blood as a weapon had a huge advantage over any other magical thing one could do. Because of its connection with both the physicality and the mentality of the user, along with the magical nature of the blood, it could be strengthened beyond any sword.

Alex had only taken up this art a few years prior, so he was only capable of basic level attacks with it, but it was usually enough. This was his secret. With his sanity preserved for a little while longer, he took clean bandages out of his pocket and began to wrap his wrist. It was a ritual of his, and it was done extremely efficiently and well.

Returning to the room, he got back in bed and tried to go back to sleep. To no avail, of course.

((OOC: When going against npc's you make the call as the chairman.))

Selvaria held her head to her knees, slightly shaking, her eyes practically gushing with tears. Another moment which triggered her memory. She got up and walked away from the window to her bed, and laid back down, staring at the ceiling. Selvaria had hoped she could get over this nightmare, but it seemed as though she would never fully heal from the scars of this memory.

She rolled over, facing the wall, and tried to block everything and everyone out, just to find some sort of peace within herself, at least for the time being.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Alex Amaya and Minato Hayabashi, please report to the fighting ring," The Chairman's voice boomed, seemingly coming from everywhere.

Alex jerked up in shock. Minato. That man. He was the seven foot tall, heavily muscled man that Alex had seen in the training room. The first person to force him into the solitude that he'd known so well since his parents had been convicted. This was the man he properly learned to kill for. His reason for knowing Dark Lightning.

The voices in his head started roaring. His blood started pulsing. I don't want to disappear for this fight. I want to remember this one. I hope I'll be able to. Alex got out of bed, resigning himself to the fact that he likely wouldn't sleep for a while more. He worked his way down from the bedchambers to the arena entrance. Beside him, the large man that was his first tormentor. Alex could hardly contain himself.

"This will be the first match that can disqualify you from the tournament. Fight well, children. Good luck," wished The Chairman. "You two may proceed."

Dwarfed though he was by the man to the right of him, Alex couldn't help but feel that he was the one that everybody was watching. Some of them had already seen him fight, and they were interested.

"Minato, it's been a while. I hope you're ready to die here," Alex said.

"Oh, Amaya. Even when we were kids you suffered from that foolish arrogance. You think you have a chance," Minato countered.

"More than a chance, old friend," Alex shot back. Alex's words were full of biting sarcasm. Though Minato had been his first real friend at the castle, he was also the first person to desert him. After the "accidental" murder of the other children at the castle, most of the kids had been sent back to their home countries, the castle being deemed to dangerous to allow young children. Alex and Minato had continued their friendship until the fateful day that the news was delievered. After that, all he could see in his eyes was pure, unadulterated hatred. That, and fear. The fear was deserved.

Taking their places twenty feet apart from each other, Minato drew the giant claymore that he typically carried into battle. Alex didn't even bother drawing his sword. If Minato got in close, no matter how good Alex was technically, it would be over. Unless, of course, Alex was the one that closed the distance.

They stood across from one another, sizing the other one up and getting ready to go at the sound of The Chairman's voice. This was a battle to the death, and each party knew it.

"And now... BEGIN!"

Alex ran straight forward towards Minato. With each hand, he created huge gusts of wind to launch himself upwards by a good fifteen feet. Doing a flip in the air, he created two swords of ice, one for each hand, and plummeted towards Minato.

Minato, surprised by such a direct attack by Amaya, stepped back and prepared his defensive stance. He braced himself against the earth, ready for the impact.

Alex, looking him straight in the eyes as he fell, started laughing. He brought down both of his ice swords with all of his might. Meager as his own strength may be, aided by the height, he was able to put one hell of a punch into it. I've chosen a direct conflict with him. If I stay on the offensive and use my plan, things should work out. If this isn't done within two minutes, it's his game. I'll die. Taking one of his ice swords, Alex melted it using his control over fire. Then he superheated the water and used a gust of wind to blast it all over Minato. Then, using the time that the boiling water had bought him, Alex created another ice sword to replace the one he just used, and thrust forward with his left sword. Minato, ready for this, quickly went to parry it away. Amaya, counting on this, liquefied it, heated it, and used Minato's own energy to again drench his opponent.

"Alex, I don't know what you think you're planning, but you know you won't last against me. Getting me wet won't do anything. I'm not some cheap whore that your father bought for entertainment."

Alex ignored him, just grinning at what he said. He hated to admit it, but Minato was still kind of funny, even now. I'm starting to wear down. I have to finish this soon. I still have enough time. With that, he continued the process. Every attack he attempted looked like it would be easily batted away, but every time that Minato's sword went to counter, it simply turned into boiling water and splashed him. After about a minute and a half of this, Minato was drenched, and a rather large puddle had formed around him. I've been lucky so far. The savagery of my attacks have kept him off guard, but I'm slowing down. Time to back up, I think. Even though a relatively long time had passed in the battle, Minato still wasn't able to find an opening to start attacking. The claymore he used, even in his giant hands, was a slow weapon, and Alex's lighter ice swords had kept him on the defensive.

Finishing with one more thrust to the chest that was blocked with ease, Alex used his wind powers to blast himself up again. Instead of angling it any particular direction, he simply used the blasts to go thirty feet in the air. This is the highest I've ever been. I don't think I've ever been so aggressive in any of my fights before. I'll definitely have to cushion my impact. I hope this works. If it doesn't, it's his match.

Once he reached the apex of his air-assisted jump, Alex drew upon all the reserves he could muster. Because he was so tired from the exertion, it wasn't much, but it was still more than enough. Using almost every strip of energy he had left, and all of his powers of concentration, Alex called upon the power of his Dark Lightning. A large bolt of purple lightning appeared from his hand and began the quick trip down to Minato.

"Amaya, are you stupid? You know that I have my father's enchanted sword. It renders any dark magic useless if I can block, which I can," Minato shouted upwards.

"No, Minato, I didn't forget. Why do you think I drenched you in water before I did this? You're in a puddle, and you don't have time to move. This is mine. You're dead."

Pure shock overcame Minato's face. He had never even pictured that he would lose to scrawny little Amaya. He had thought that the ice swords had simply dissolved because of his sword's effect. He had thought that Amaya had put killing power into them.

"Oh. Fuck."

As the lightning spread over him, he managed to counter a good portion with his sword. Minato, however, didn't manage to get all of it. The rest that he'd missed landed in the puddle he was standing in and found its way into his body.

Alex observed the look on Minato's face as he died, while simultaneously preparing the cushion of wind he needed. That had taken all the energy he had left. The look on Minato's face, though, was wonderful. It was a combination of fear and the dawning realization that he'd lost. His face spasmed as the Dark Lightning coursed throughout his body, closing all the blood vessels and severing any connections they came across. Once it reached his heart, his chest exploded, splattering Amaya with blood.

Licking the sole bead of blood off of his hand, Alex collapsed. Breathing heavily, he was sure that he'd pass out. And this is why I don't do frontal assaults. Had I not been familiar with him, I would've been finished. Throwing up from pure exertion, Alex passed out briefly before awakening and sitting up.

"AND THE OBVIOUS WINNER HERE... ALEX AMAYA! YOU WILL BE PROGRESSING TO THE NEXT STAGE!"

Smiling a little bit, Alex just sat. He would need a good five minutes before he would be able to stand again, and everybody was willing to wait.

((OOC: Oh, shit. I didn't realize it was that long. Sorry :/.))

((Don't worry. People enjoy a good read every now and then. Besides, a good rivalry does the thread good. means your creativity is soaring. I will post in a sec.))
[The Elites- Random participants, will be in the fight. Do not over-use them as a way to always be OP. When posting your fight against an Elite, please put *E* at the beginning.]

*E*

"Selvaria Latirona, and Rezki Votrope, You will be fighting next. Please make your way to the arena." The Chairman said, in his usual voice and tone. Selvaria knew this name. But where from? When in the arena, she saw her opponent, scarred and dirtied. His eyes were blood shot, and his sword was scratched, nicked, and blood stains could be seen on it from were he probably wiped the blood off, but wasn't able to get it off entirely.

He was a legendary assassin, from her first good look at his face. This is where she remembered him from. An elite assassin picked for the absolute hardest missions, from the stories. Definitely someone to be killed. She couldn't let him live for another battle with anyone, ever.

Selvaria brought out her sword, gripping it with pure rage in her eyes, heart, and soul. Her sword went pure black, blade, glow, and all. Her eyes flashed white and quickly to gold. Almost as if she knew, She dashed towards him as the Chairman said the word fight. Fight.. Unusual thing to call what would surely be a massacre. This man was a man who took no sides, studied no magic, and still took out an ancient Priest Overlord from a place it was terrorizing.

She side stepped, blunt side of her blade striking him in the back. He broke the last standing pillar in the arena, and flew into a wall. As he pulled himself to stand straight up out of the hole in the wall, all he saw was her flying toward him, fist coming forth to deliver a jaw breaking punch. He was knocked back into the hole.

Selvaria pulled him by the arm, swinging him around so he faced the other wall, and kicked him to the ground, a good fifteen feet away. He quickly got up and sliced into her arm with his sword, but looking into her eyes, he quickly pulled it out and backed away. Selvaria's eye had changed from gold, to silver, with the whites of her eyes now red.

She almost teleported in front of him, and kicked him in the chin, sending him sky high. Again, she was on him, sword drawn to strike him to the ground, and at this rate, decimate his body and kill him in an instant. Lucky to recover, he kicked her hand as she swung downward, making her miss, and at the peak of their rise into the air, he front-flipped into a downward kick, sending her falling into the ground.

His rage had set in, and now they were all over the battle ground, trading blow after blow. The only thing was that Selvaria had something he didn't. She had a burning desire to destroy the very man, who brought an end to her parents life, and brothers life when he tried to protect her and keep her hiding spot a secret, and years later, destroyed her village. Selvaria Latirona would have blood. With a swift strike to the knee with the blunt of her blade, she sent him into a multi-front-flip, head first into the ground.

As he got up, she punched him multiple times in the chest and stomach, kicked him back, and drove her blade into his side, ripping through him like a freshly cut watermelon. It wasn't time to finish this just yet. She broke his arm with her sword, while healing his wound with her free hand, then roundhouse kicked him into the wall opposite his first hole, causing another.

At this point, one of his eyes were completely filled with blood and motionless, leaving him with only one good eye for vision. He climbed out of the hole, shaky and unstable. Selvaria walked up, and cut his arms off and kneed him in the stomach, bringing him to his knees. "This is for my family, my brother, my parents, and for my village which you so wrongly destroyed, friends, and elders, only doing what they could to survive day by day, week by week. This is for the one's who've been slaughtered for your own personal pleasure, the ones who never had a say in how they die!" Selvaria drove her sword into his chest, and almost as fast as she did, she was behind him with her hands on his neck. SNAP...!

Rezki was dead. As she walked out of the arena, sliding her sword back into its sheathe, nobody dared make a sound. Everyone knew it was over and they weren't planning on being added to the list of the dead. She pulled a chair from the dining area to the room, and put it in front of the window, sitting in it, wordless, satisfied.

• Love
Randall waited for his turn. Finally, the Chairman announced. ''Randall Tempest and Kevin Enji. You are fighting next. Please go to the arena.'' He walked out and saw everyone staring at him and Kevin. He saw him and gave him a glare for intimidation. Kevin returned the glare. Randall put himself at a distance and readied. No weapons today... just magic. Kevin pulled a scythe from his back. Hm. A scythe. Better be careful. Randall warmed himself up by hovering off the ground, and... ''BEGIN!''

He rushed towards Kevin and instead of full on charging him forwards, he sidestepped and blew Kevin off of his feet to the wall with a burst of high speed winds. However, Kevin recovered quite quickly and ran towards Randall. Noticing this, Randall rolled to the side and kicked Kevin in the rib but got a painful, deep gash on his arm.

Randall's opponent flew back and into a pillar. Randall was then in for a surprise. Kevin sent a hot fireball at Randall and ran towards him. Randall was blown to the wall as well, but stopped the charging Kevin with a blast of lightning straight to the chest. Walking towards his stunned opponent, Randall raised his hand to Kevin's head. Come on. Do it. He won't be here anymore to kill. No! Don't! You aren't evil, Randall. You need to preserve your humanity instead of letting it rot. Randall's hand shook in fear. Instead of killing Kevin, Randall had chosen to kick him in the temple to knock him out.

''THE WINNER IS... RANDALL TEMPEST!''

Randall was staring at the cheering spectators. He walked back inside, chilled with fear. The fear of being a murderer. He sat on his bed, and contemplated about this whole event.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Selvaria watched the battle below as it came to a close. Her eyes hadn't changed since the fight, and she was silent as ever. It was almost as if she was a whole new person, with a different attitude than her original self. She couldn't really say she was thinking, as nothing was really going through her mind. She was just watching, anything, and everything, that moved.

She heard Randall come in the dorm, and slowly turned to face him, with a soul piercing stare she couldn't really hellp but give, due to her eyes not reverting back. "You did well, Randall. Do not feel down in any way about what transpired on the field. You did what was necessary, nothing more, nothing less," Selvaria paused, standing up, and taking her blade out,

"This blade has taken many more lives than I can count, not because I wanted to, but because I did what was necessary to keep myself alive. We knew when we entered this arena, we would be asked to fight, to the death, if necessary. That is all you've done. It's not about being a murderer, if that's what is going through your mind, it's about this competition, and doing what it takes to progress." She finished, putting her sword back up. Selvaria put her hand against the window, and looked out upon everything once more.

[TIME-SKIP: Night time, in the dining area]

Selvaria was in the dining room, with the other combatants under twenty-five, silently eating. It was around ten-ish, and everyone was getting full on the lovely feast. The CHairman called upon them all, "Those of you in this room, have come far enough, that you now go to the next tier of fighting. You battles will now be not only the other combatants in this room, but the older, more experienced fighters. Those of you in this room have also made it far enough to earn something," He paused, looking around the room.

"you've earned the right to choose new armor. If you do not choose new armor, you will not be in any way disqualified, or set back any, but you will run the risk of current armor cracking under pressure of future battles. we aren't pushing you to, just suggesting that you take it, as it will be a while until the next advancement." He finished, gesturing a hand to his right, Selvaria got up before anyone else, taking his gesture as going into the room. With loads of people now entering the room for new armor, Selvaria looked for something that caught her eye.

Bingo. She found some armor that suited her perfectly. It was a great choice, Latirona put on the piece of armor, and got it strapped and fitted to her liking. A snug fit, if she said so herself.

((OOC: This is Selvaria's new look, only blue hair, and her current silver eyes. If you post a pic of new armor, don't make it outlandish. Please have it a little more reasonable than Daedric armor and all that. Also that sword is exactly what hers looks like, only with the guard being a bit smaller, as well as the handle and guard being encased with a layer of leather, and then colored blue.))

new Selvaria+armor.jpg

It was nightfall, and Randall was almost done eating. While he was taking bites out of a steak, the Chairman cleared his throat and said, "You've earned the right to choose new armor. If you do not choose new armor, you will not be in any way disqualified, or set back any, but you will run the risk of current armor cracking under pressure of future battles. We aren't pushing you to, just suggesting that you take it, as it will be a while until the next advancement."

Randall looked at Selvaria immediately jump out of her seat and walk to the huge selection of armor. He did the same, in excitement, and looked at the catalogue.

One of the suits caught his eye. Hm. It's light and doesn't have much plating on it, but it should allow for speed. I'll take it. Randall took the suit off of its stand and tried it on. It was a perfect fit, and as he thought, was pretty light and made for speed in battle. He remembered about his fight and what Selvaria had said, and wanted to say thank you. He walked over to her and said ''Selvaria? I just wanted to say thank you for the reassurance. I don't want to kill people, that's all...''

((OOC: Like Selvaria (not her appearance), this is what Randall looks like.))
images (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Watching the others choose their armour, Alex was curious. He wasn't really a huge fan of armour, preferring to go in with just his clothes, but he figured that having a second layer of protection couldn't really hurt anything. He examined all of the armour available and finally found one that he liked.

It was a chainmail mesh - not the most protective of the options available, but it was another layer of protection that he could put on underneath his clothes. He quickly donned the armour, both pants and shirt, in the room, not caring that he was almost fully naked around everybody else.

He saw Selvaria and Randall talking, and decided to make his way over.

"Hello. How's everyone doing?"

((OOC: I'm obviously quite the conversationalist :D))

• Love
Selvaria looked at her armor, smiling at the sky blue color of it. It was almost like hers, although her armor didn't have wolves as knee guards. It was a great feeling to have armor again. She was in love with it. The back of the chest plate had a lovely wolf emblem on it.

The best part was it was metal, but it was almost as if it was rubber. So flexible, though not as light as rubber would be. She looked at Randall's armor, noticing it fit his personality perfectly. She wanted to train her body and the armor she had to work with each other properly.

Selvaria asked the Chairman if it was ok, and he said with a soft, firm voice, "Young one, the training rooms are always open to everyone, so long as you are not in a match. You don't seem to be battling at the moment." Selvaria blushed and smiled, and headed to the training room. There she practiced and practiced, and battled the air, until at last, her armor moved in complete harmony with her body, working with her every move.

• Love
Reactions: Zeph
Selvaria left, once again, without really acknowledging that anybody had said anything. Jesus. How annoying. That's, like, the fifth time. I think I'm done trying to talk to people here.

Alex walked around the castle grounds, getting used to the new weight that his armour provided. Though it would cut down on his stamina some, he thought that it would be worth it.

Once he had finished with that, he returned to the community bedroom and read for a few hours, before trying to go to sleep. Likely with no luck.

With confidence her new armor would be a great help to her, and the feeling it was fully ready to be used by her in battle, Selvaria made her way back to the room she shared, to lay down and rest. She opened the door and walked to her bed. laying down, she turned to Alex. "Good luck in the days to come. We're sure to need all of it we can get. I heard runner-up from the last two Crusades is coming back, and has to be fought three times before he's out of the game, and according to the rumors, he is not to be killed or the killer will be disqualified." Selvaria said, looking back to the ceiling.

She wasn't ready to face an annoying person who's been the 'almost made it' two years in a row. She found it a pestilence that should probably be dealt with swiftly. After all, he had outlived his usefulness in this Crusade.

"I heard that, too. He's an obnoxious bastard. I've considered killing him regardless of the no kill order. Rumour has it that he's The Chairman's son, which is why there's a rule not to kill him."

Alex examined Selvaria. She seemed like an interesting enough person. Especially with that display of power earlier against the assassin. How curious. She's actually interesting. Perhaps I won't kill her.

Rolling over onto his side, Alex proceeded into the light sleep state he usually had, waking up frequently. Tomorrow will be the next round. Guess it's time to get serious. Or, more so.

Randall was looking around and found that both Selvaria and Alex had gone. Well then, I guess I'll go too. He walked to the dorms, opened the door and shut it. ''Hey, guys.'' sighed Randall. He saw Alex sleeping and Selvaria awake. Walking over to his bed, he laid down, still thinking about what was to be of him.

''Hey, Selvaria, any news today?'' he asked. Suddenly, he saw Kevin walking towards him. ''Hey, Randall. I gotta say thanks for letting me go. Most people would have killed me.'' said Kevin, while scratching the back of his head. ''It's alright. I'm not a killer.'' Randall stared at the ground. Kevin walked back to his bed quickly, and Randall looked back at Selvaria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selvaria looked to Randall, stretching out on her comfy bed. "Hey, Randall. What a lovely night. All the stars have come out to play, and best of all, we have the sounds of clanking metal, as the olders get to use the main arena for training now." She said, sighing and looking back towards the ceiling. She thought of her old friends, who were all too scared to join the Crusade, and how they reacted when word of her participation had gotten out.

They thought she was crazy, which perhaps she was, but that wouldn't stop her from going as far as she could. Selvaria did have to say though, she missed spending her days at the bakery. The work was enough to tide her over until supper time, when her employer sent her home with a freshly baked loaf of bread, and a tasty batch of rolls.

She was thudded out of her deep thought by a loud knock at the door, and a few guards coming through the doorway. "Miss Latirona, someone has requested for this to be brought to you. Straight from a small bakery on the outskirts of Eastern Citadel of Brudaanos." One guard said, leaving a big basket on the table next to her bed. What were the chances that'd happen again?

Selvaria sat up, brushing her hair out of her eyes, opening the basket, and taking a surprisingly still warm tasty roll out and tossing it to Randall, "Here ya go, eat up, courtesy of my good friend and employer."

Jinx rode into the dining hall on Ozo, standing on the oddly blue colored bear she smiled and saw the tables free. There was so much food she didn't know what to do, so she ate. Jinx chowed down on some of the tastiest things she ever tasted, occasionally tossing something back to Ozo, who lie on the floor resting his eyes. When Jinx finished she decided to head back to the room.

"They always miss my battles!" She complained laying on Ozo's back as he walked her to the room. Jinx sat up suddenly and looked at the side of Ozo's eye with a stern look. "You know what I mean?" The bear gave a lousy groan and continued facing forward. "Hmph, fine I'll just eat your berries." Ozo's reaction didn't change, the bear reached the room and walked to where Jinx's bed used to be now it was just a pile of feathers. Ozo went straight to sleep, leaving the pouting Jinx in the conflicts of the real world as he escaped to a more heavenly one.

Jinx slid down his side dusting her clothes off. "Good evening. You guys alright?"

Selvaria threw Jinx a roll, and continued eating her own. She was too in love with her own roll to make conversation, but she was alert, for anything to be said. As she ate it, she listened to the sound of still-clanking swords, out in the arena. Selvaria got up and walked to the window, watching as the olders trained and fought, honing their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.