Mages United: The Fatal Summit

Naomi began to stir from her resting place. She slowly sat up and yawned. She looked at the rest of the group and to king darain. That's when she heard beat of a galloping horses hooves. Her eyes began to glow preparing for another enemy, but to her surprise it looked to be a knight. She calmed down a bit as her eyes stopped glowing. She extended her hand out to him. "Hello I'm Naomi."

Ian turned his attention to the young woman who stretchd out her hand in greeting. He did the same and gavce the pouch of ale to her before speaking.
"Hello. Nice to meet a woman who likes a drink."
Ian looked at the others around his group and noticed the look they all had, the look of battle and misfortune.
"..It looks like you guys have seen some action. In that case." He began saying before looking through his sack for another pouch of ale.
"Ah. Here we are. Looks like the rest of you could use some as well." He finished and took a big gulp again, wiping his mouth from the remence.

October's eyes were soon drawn from the king's to the sudden appearance of a knight. He hopped off his horse, sent it away, and introduced himself. As Naomi awoke and took a drink from the offered skin, October frowned a bit, his violet eyes filled with confusion. He hadn't known that they would be expecting another mage...he was late, and not fashionably so. Scowling some, he stated, "My name's October..."

He refused the offer for ale, shaking his head. While he wasn't really one to refuse a good drink, he wanted to be clear-headed around this stranger. He didn't trust him, not one bit. He was late, he was a knight, and he was acting as if they were all friends. Not traits usually seen in a mage...

Taking a long drag from his pipe, he blew a smoke ring to the sky before saying, "Indeed, we have seen some trouble, which you were late for. Hopefully, you won't be for the next battle." He smirked, taking another drink of his water skin before he leaned back again, watching the new arrival carefully.

Reactions: etondmt
"Well, well! Then, I do have some questions for---" Darain stopped mumbling, his eyes wandering over to the outer ring of Salome. Lynx also lifted his head, but he didn't need to turn around to know that another mage was coming. Naomi had also awakened, and Hellfire had regained most of his strength. Well, Lynx wasn't the one to hate latecomers, but this mage, Ian Silvermane, was not even reasonably late.
The archmage stood up, using his cane as a semi-support. He slowly approached the late mage, his smile flourishing under what little sunlight could pierce through. "I'm afraid I'd have to decline, my good sir. I do not drink ale for that matter. But, Ian Silvermane, you are known to the Council of the Ten. You are known to us." Lynx greeted the fellow caster with impeccable politeness.

Hellfire replied haughtily to Ian's comment about them looking weary, and while Hellfire was in the right, the archmage didn't approve of such a behavior when it came to guests. "Well, what sir Hellfire, here, said was true. We recently just executed an Ouroboros-- it was causing some trouble here in the Salome. Still, better late than never, am I not right, sir Ian?"

"My name is Lynx, archmage of Trejold. I'm the leader of this company of mages, and while I do trust in your abilities, I'd just like to remind you that our mission is mainly to protect King--"

Lynx was cut off by Darain's sudden interjection.

"--My good lad, I am King Darain. I suppose you'd have heard of me. With another knight here, I'd say that I feel safer already! These are my knights, Sir Tray and Sir Rot." the king gleamed, introducing himself and his guards. "I am pleased that you have accepted such a quest, but do know, that this will not be an easy one. Still, I trust that your abilities will protect me perfectly, knight."

"We'll know that probably now..." Lynx muttered, gripping the tip of his cane fervently. Two cloaked figures faded into view, the shadows of the Salome cloaking them in darkness. Lynx's vigilance took a high level, causing the archmage to glare fiercely at the two figures. Suddenly, the archmage sighed in relief. "Probably not... It's a pleasure to see the both of you... Archmage Kayleigh Candlebay, Archmage Eofurion Thoo-hoti."

The two figures now stepped into the sunlight, revealing their appearances. The armored archmage, his appearance similar to that of knights, was a tall and hulking figure at around 7'0 in height-- the cloak and insignia of the Council fluttering lightly in the wind; it was Archmage Eofurion. The petite archmage, shrouded in blue cloaks and a hood that covered her eyes-- it was archmage Kayleigh.

"I suppose you're not here to join our quest?" Lynx joked whilst he chuckled.

"Cut the sarcasm, Lynx. We're here for one reason, and one reason only." Eofurion snapped.

"Cover in chains... the perpetrator of the event that caused Nyondol to be called as the Southern Wrecks. We are here to arrest the cryomage, Naomi." Kayleigh calmly answered. Although her eyes were blindfolded, her head looked at the direction of the cryomage as if she could see her.

"If any of you will try to interfere with the arresting, you, too, will be judged." Eofurion looked at the ragtag group of mages.

Naomi immediately jumped up when the arch mages mentioned her. Her eyes began to glow. "Unless you want to have Salome looking like the southern border, I would leave me alone." She was prepared to fight, but even she knew she didn't stand a chance against two archmages. She also had to be careful. She didn't want to drag any of the others into this.

Last edited:
Ian knee there would be others on this journey who would not like him. It was no bother to him. When October refused the ale, Ian shrugged and took a deep sip again. "Oh well, can't win em all." He said before continuing. "So that's the reason for all that frowning your doing." Ian knew that a ouroborus but has not yet been...lucky enough to find one. "Well I say you must have defeated the beast with your manner." Ian joked before taking another sip.
That was when his attention was brought to the archmage. Ian looked away when the archmage told him that they knew of him and his past. "I don't want another sip right now...I guess I've grown an I'll taste for it now." He said before storing the pouch away.
"Lynx I do apologize for my tardiness...won't happen again."
Before he could shake his hand the king came running with his minions to greet him. "I'm glad I made a fan. The gold will do just fine my king." He answered and took a bow like he was trained to do for his late king.
The wind was beginning to change and Ian could sense a presence. No, two he thought even if his abilities were slightly dull from the ale. They appeared to fast for him to say a word as he sat there in amazement like a child seeing his first magic show. When the introductions and threatens were made Ian slowly stood up beside Naomi. "You don't barge in when two friends are sharing a drink. That is rather rude."

"My, my. Ain't this a happy reunion, Eofurion, Kayleigh." Lynx interjected, prompting the two archmages to snort.

Then, their attention was once again diverted to the cryomage who had commented that she could turn the entire Salome into a frozen wasteland.

"You seem to be mistaken about your place in this situation, Naomi." Eofurion tilted his head whilst stepping closer, the heavy clank of armor resounding on the earth. "You seem to be under the illusion that you can threaten us."

"We won't commit the same mistake of letting you do as you please. This time... we'll end it swiftly and quickly. You know what we are capable of, cryomage." Kayleigh smiled maliciously. "You seem to be under the illusion that you stand a chance against us."

Lynx tilted his hat in order to cover his eyes. Suddenly, Ian, the mage-knight, interjected in the conversation between true-blue mages.

"A broken knight has no place in this conversation, Silvermane." Eofurion waved his hand off to the knight. "You might have been respected back in the days, but a broken crown mirrors its vassals; a king mirrors its knights. A dead king reflects a dead knight-- figuratively and literally." the archmage shrugged his shoulders. "It's quite a wonder why you still have the gall to face another king considering that your original lord lies six feet below the ground. What are you aiming for, Silvermane? Honor? Redemption? Could it be that you thought that by serving another king, you can erase the guilt of losing your former lord? Childish."

"I suggest that no one interferes. After all, Lynx, you know where your loyalty lies. You might have a childhood crush on that cryomage, but your priority lies with the Council." the female archmage took a step forward as well.

Lynx nodded his head, and pulled out his blade. The young archmage stepped in front of Naomi... "You seem to be under the illusion that... I'd allow her to come quietly. If anyone's going to make her come quietly, that would be me, thank you."

The three archmages were obviously not in the best of terms...

"Naomi belongs to my company, therefore, she is my responsibility. Arresting her while she is under me would be a breach of law, and therefore, give me the authority to engage you lot in battle. Of course, we wouldn't want that. Three archmages fighting? We'd just be wishing for a calamity." Lynx chuckled. "Take another step forward, and I cannot guarantee a good ending to this. I believe that my company would be more than willing to take your place on the Council."

Naomi Looked at lynx for a second. She knew kayleigh and eufurion would love to take lynx out of the council. She grabbed lynx shoulder as she gave him a sorrowful look she walked past him as she created an ice dome around them to prevent them getting involved. She dropped to her knees and looked at the ground waiting for the 2 archmages to arrest her.

October immediately tensed as the two archmages appeared, his violet eyes turning hard. He stood, forgetting about his pipe and the knight for a minute, as the archmages attempted to take Naomi. He vaguely recognized the two from a meeting he had attended with his former master, Archmage of Reaven Bahlwe Krik, but that had been several years ago, when October had been a wide-eyed, promising student of the magical arts. The meeting hadn't gone well, October remembered. Master Bahlwe wasn't one to trust his fellow archmages, and had had some concerning opinions regarding the kingdom and the council.

As the knight interrupted and the two archmages spoke to him as if reprimanding a child, he made a face. He never liked how the council acted like they were above every other mage in existence. They were petty, for the most part, and acted like children most of the time, in October's experience. Scowling, he took another drag from his pipe, smoke escaping his nostrils as he thought about what they should do. Naomi was a powerful mage, that much was true. Without her, it could spell doom for the entire party.

Seconds later, a dome of ice had formed around them, immediately chilling October. He had always been sensitive to the cold, and it made it hard for him to summon fire. In the north, it had been difficult for him to practice his abilities, but it made him a stronger mage in the end. He'd had to be cleverer and stronger than his fellow mages in Reaven, had to be able to use his shadows and fire in ways that the cryomages and shadowmancers hadn't needed.

Placing his hands against the ice, he said, "Naomi, this isn't wise..." He directed his magic to his hands, feeling them warm up against the ice. As it melted, he said, "Naomi, we're a group. That's why we fought the Ouroboros together. We stick together, Naomi, or not at all..." He narrowed his eyes at the two other archmages as he created a hole large enough for them to get through. Stepping out, he glanced at the archmages and said, "When you leave, dear Archmages, please give Master Bahlwe my greetings. I'm sure he would like to check up on his young Hellfire, hm?" He smirked, spinning fire around his fingertips for a long second.

Eofurion and Kayleigh turned their heads in the direction of the melting portion of the wall. They were already relieved that the cryomage had surrendered herself willingly, however, it seemed that Bahlwe's students had a knack for getting in their way. The two archmages smiled sarcastically at the reavan's interjection.

"Bahlwe's students are always so annoying." Eofurion replied. "I do not even know why Bahlwe was included in the council with his erratic ideas. Of course, Bahlwe might be powerful, but it doesn't always go the same for his apprentices. Besides, we haven't heard of archmage Bahlwe in a while now-- ever since he was tasked to check the Ignitem. According to the Concord of Councils, if 90 days has passed by, and an archmage fails to make his presence known, then he is to be replaced." Eofurion chuckled, almost pleased.

"This wouldn't be the first time that Bahlwe's students have interfered with the Council's actions. Then again... if the master is rotten, the same thing goes for his students." Kayleigh added.

"Stand down, reavan. You'd do well to remember the gap between our powers." Eofurion once more threatened.

Lynx stepped out from the ice wall and quickly dashed to Naomi's side, laying a hand on her shoulder. "United we stand, divided we fall, Naomi. We're more than just a band of mages. Leave no mage behind." Lynx smiled, now gripping the handle of his sword tightly. "It's weird... I knew about Bahlwe's disappearance since last week, but I'm baffled as to why, the archmage of Reavan, be assigned to a task as far as Ignitem. Why wasn't archmage Nithsujah, the archmage of Aschecia, assigned to it? I'm not doubting the Council's wisdom, but it's quite weird as to the division of tasks. What's happened to Nithsujah? Actually... what's wrong Eofurion that you weren't sent to Ignitem-- you're closer to the desert, aren't you?"

"Watch your tongue, Kreed." Eofurion growled as he stomped his foot on the ground, causing the earth to tremble for a second. "The respect that people had for archmages has declined over the years. Discipline must be enforced."

"Discipline, you say?" Lynx chuckled, now turning to October. "What do we do now, Hellfire?"

Naomi looked at hellfire and then to lynx. "At least if we go down, we go together." She stood up as her eyes began to glow. She looked at kayleigh and eufurion. "Last time I remember they sent you alone to the southern border alone kayleigh. How long did it take for the fire mages to thaw you out?"

Ian was stunned by those cruel words. It was true, he was broken. He had wished to crawl back into his bottle of ale and suppress the thoughts. For some reason he could not find the strength to stand up to his nay sayers but the memories of that night started to spark back in the frontal lobe of Ian's brain. He had to shake it off so Ian grabbed the pouch and took a deep gulp finishing it off before tossing it on the ground. His memories were being suppress and he could focus on the situation at hand.

Ian opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by Naomi and her action. A wall of ice was now blocking them. He was shock to see that she would give up her freedom and life for the rest of the group. A noble response to the situation, like a knight. A real knight. Ian felt he could learn something that was missing from the cryomage. Something he had lost years ago.

When October spoke and brought a portion of the ice down Ian knew that this was a tight knit group and one he was a part of now. "It looks like as soon as I join we get into some serious trouble. No worries, as a team we can defeat them." Ian added his two cents to his new companions before turning his attention to the other mages. "I may be without a king but a knight would not stand and allow this to happen." Ian looked to the rest of his company and gave a quick smirk. He closed his eyes to concentrate harder on the wind around him as he raised his sword up in defense. No matter the action his group would choose, Ian knew he would not falter.

October glared down at the two members of the Council, his pipe forgotten. They were just as unpleasant as when he had met them so many years ago, but more stuck-up. Scowling, he felt his hands warm up again as he felt his magic roar to life within him.

"Luna, what do you think we should do?" he asked, glancing briefly at her. "You're the only one who hasn't said anything...but hurry...I don't know how long I can keep from making these dumb councilmembers turn to mush." He let fire dance between his fingers, a tacit threat to the councilmembers.

Still, even as he threatened the council, he could feel exhaustion deep inside his bones. He didn't normally use this much of his magic in such a small amount of time. It wasn't even an hour since the Ouroboros died, and already it looked like they were going to get in another fight. Sighing heavily, he told himself to wait; when they camped for the night, he would be able to rest. But now, a member of his group was in trouble, and he couldn't let her be taken away to be killed. They were a team.

"I guess that settles it, then." Lynx smiled, tapping his cane on the ground. "It seems we've hit this little snag. You've messed with a team, archmages... not criminals. If a cataclysm is required for my team to be together, then, so be it."

The air began to get torrid, the trees' moisture dried up. The intense conclave of magical energy could be felt by over a mile away... "Step back a little, will you, Darain? Do me a favor. Don't just drop dead randomly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lynx lurched forward, quickly drawing his sword from its sheath. "Sword Art: Spray and Pray." The sword was plunged into the ground as a pentagram illuminated beneath Lynx. Suddenly, the earth was split apart as energy-spikes began to rapidly burst out like spines and blades. The spikes surged forward towards the enemy archmages, causing anything in its way to be impaled and dismembered utterly. Lynx stepped back as he looked at his allies.

"These two mages are extremely powerful. Do not underestimate them. Fight with the intention to kill." Lynx nodded as he looked at the duo.

Eofurion and Kayleigh remained motionless. They weren't fazed or threatened by the incoming onslaught of spikes. "Terrain Rift: Face of the Mountain!" Eofurion shouted. The earth was sundered as a large wall of rocks was raised from the ground. Then, Eofurion stomped his feet on the ground. "Terrain Rift: Inferno Dominus!"

The ground began to crack and shift... soon, the ground was scalding as flames began to lick at the grass. The entire area around them was turned into a disastrous fire-zone with wicks upon wicks of flames dancing a deathly waltz.

"Let's see you produce ice from this, cryomage." Eofurion chuckled, and without a moment's rest, he followed up again. "Terrain Rift: Eye of the Storm!"

Strong winds began to blow around them, fanning the flames to proliferate all the more. The wind blew towards the company of mages, eager to reduce them to nothing more than ashes-- the flames following the wind's dance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lynx twirled his sword, creating a barrier in front of him which, for some time, held off the scorching heat. "Take a high ground! It'll be hard to traverse by foot. Eofurion's ability is manipulating the surroundings and environment-- he can make it rain, hot, cold; you name it.

"Naomi, help me get to them... I'm much more effective up close. Lead an ice trail. Fawkes, Hellfire, Silvermane... Distract the two... Beware of Kayleigh! If she takes off her blindfold, retreat immediately. Anything she sees is greeted with a blast of psychic energy which can disorient even the strongest of mages."

Lynx nodded to his allies. They weren't that powerful, but they had one thing that the two archmages didn't have: teamwork and a bond.

Naomi laughed as the flames began to rise. Her breath began to show. "Eufurion, you should know better than anyone that I've beaten down some of the strongest fire mages in this country. Let's see if you can get your footing." 'Catastrophe: frozen Barrens.' The ground froze almost immediately as it began to snow. "Now let's fight in my element." A katana of ice formed in her hand made of ice. She rushed forward at blinding speeds using the ice.

As fissures opened up in the ground and flames bathed the entire forest in light, October felt his power rise up inside him. It was almost sexual in the way it made him feel energized and powerful, and October couldn't help but feel a smile come to his lips. Breathing in the smell of smoke and fire, he reached into the space between magic and the physical world, feeling the spots where the magical flames were.

He was about to turn the flames against their creator when Naomi turned the clearing into a frozen wasteland. Snapping out of the trance-like state he had been, he jerked, looking a bit disoriented for a second.

When he was focused again, he ran to a spot that was away from Naomi, not wanting her to accidentally hit him with ice. Taking a deep breath, he shouted at the others, "I'll take care of Kayleigh! Keep Eofurion off me!"

Luna Fawkes looked up, noting the situation. "Very well then, sir," she responds to Lynx's orders.

With that, she conjured a gem from her overcoat and unveiled her belt again. She did the same thing - open the compartment, insert gem, then closed it. After slamming it down, she began to take a new shape as rocks formed an outer husk around her...

... soon, an older-looking, golden-haired woman was seen in place of little Luna. She looked ordinary, until she smashed the Earth below her, causing a fissure to close in to the two archmages, before the fissure split into two paths to target each opponent...

... After being formed and aimed, a volley of rocks would be smashed upwards from the fissure, knocking the archmages from below.