Mage Clans -- [Forgotten Eight.]

I feel like this mage clan dealie could easily be it's own roleplay. I actually didn't realize it was part of something else until you pointed it out, heh.

1362368709928.jpg

Name: Ignis Gentes
Nickname: Inferno
Sex: Male
Race: Mage
Backstory:

Ignis come from a rich history of the Phiali, His great grandfather fought in the great mage war. Yet he died in the end as he was killed in a surprise attack, Yet he left something behind for Ignis. A book, a book which he has been deciphering for years upon years. In this book is spells and powers of magic that have been untold for years, Yet he cannot read this book as he does not speak the language required. He protects this book with his life which he keeps in his giant library, Were he has his collection of spell books which he is still learning from. His Increased fire ability along with his swordsmanship seem to be his ally along with his knowledge of his weakness, Water the bane of his power he seems to be weak against this element as it over powers his flame. The power of Air can also be used against his flame as the use of oxygen is also enveloped with the use of his flames, Working around these weaknesses are near impossible as he cannot find anything in his knowledge to fight against them. Ignis claims to be weaker than his bloodline and lacks motivation at times, but his power is immense and grows more as he finds more.

Ah, my guilt has dragged me back here, more likely because I'd seem like the GM of all this mage madness. I can't just 'up and leave' it.
And so, I'll be giving a few instructions, and a tentative solution to the number of mages who can rp in the original thread.

First, the count of Arch Mages:

• Éimhear Clan - 1
  • Tyarlae Clan - 0
  • Ilonrian Clan - 0
  • Airith Clan - 1
  • Silaes'ra Clan - 1
  • Phiali Clan - 2

Sign-ups for Phiali are temporarily closed in order to balance out the ratio with the other clans. There should be at least one mage for Tyarlae and Ilonrian. I will also need another mage to join from one of the clans except Phiali, the ideal number of people would be eight. An even number is required for the first task/trial/mission that I'll be handling out. All eight are considered Arch Mages. Once the quota is reached, we can begin. However, sign-ups are still open until the the first of January 2014, although they will be grouped as normal mages under their specified clan.

As for the solution, the first trial has something to do with who will become the Head Mage of the Tribe. The Head Mage will have the right to represent his Tribe with other foreign Tribes. (In other words, he/she will be the one to interact and roleplay in the original Forgotten Eight roleplay.). The Head Mage will have other privileges, I'm still thinking and finalizing on those as well.

For those of you whose character mages have appeared in Rainbowwave's original rp thread, it's fine, the Mage rp thread hasn't formally started yet. But once it starts, try to make your exits clear (preferably in rp format). We wouldn't want confusion to arise.

I am still in the process of figuring out the first trial, I'll be absent for nearly a week. I have examinations in irl, I'll get back to this right after. This should give enough time for the quota to be fulfilled. In the meantime, I'm going to give over the co-GM role to -Exion-, I will be in contact from time to time.

My threads alive if you wish to join. I was a bit behide the other day.

Name: Kyle Jumal

Nickname: If you really need a nickname to remember him he'll go by Ky, but nothing else.

Sex: Male

Back-story:

Part of the Ilonrian Clan, the Jumal family was known for their experts in fighting and healing. Primarily the duo that always fought side by side, a skilled fighter and healer that covered each other's weaknesses. There was nothing these two couldn't accomplish even into their older years. Kyle's parents were no different, and that's why they were instantly drafted when the war broke out.

Kyle was five when the war started and his whole life was thrown into chaos. After the first year his father had been killed in a sneak attack of a healing camp. Kyle and his mother were able to escape thanks to the father. Throughout the next year Kyle's mother taught him how to wield water and any liquid as a weapon. At the beginning of the third year Kyle's mother decided to teach him how to heal and all was going well for a while. In the middle of the third year Kyle's mother was killed in battle. Although she was a healer primarily she knew how to fight and this was what caused her to be brought to the front lines. Kyle pleaded with her not to go but it would mean death if she did not. When the news reached Kyle he went into an uncontrollable rage that awakened his true talent: The ability to use healing and fighting magic as well as any duo in his lineage.

Kyle used his new-found ability to jump straight into the battle and prove he was useful. Being only 7 1/2 he had a limited pool of energy to use, but in his first battles that did not matter. He went on for almost a straight hour striking down enemies and healing allies in the blink of an eye. After this however he fell to the ground in ally territory and fell into a coma. The Ilonrian Clan knew Kyle was going to be something great someday and made sure to keep him safe. His coma lasted for the rest of the war and a bit after. When he finally awoke from his coma he did not remember much except that he yearned for something dear. He had suppressed the memories of the war and his family which let him focus on making his life better. While learning anew, like the much younger children these days, he heard about and decided set his goal to become the Arch Mage of his clan and eventually Head Mage.

Appearance:

5688-2126607878.jpg

Name: Eyrin Kara Tyarlae
NIckname: Kara
Background:
Eyrin was raised and pampered for much of her life. Her parents were killed during the war, so she relied heavily on her clanmates. She liked one girl in particular, this older girl acted like a mother figure to Kara when she needed it most. She was taught trade, magic and the persuasive style that many Tyarlans had. Everyone in her clan respected her as she matured and everyone saw promise in her. She got her way most of the time because of her persistent way of dealing with others. Because Kara was too young to join the last battle, she was kept hidden. The mother figure in Kara's life had to go, many of the able mages in her clan had to join the battle to push back the advancing enemy clans. The girl that Kara looked up to the most with care and love smiled a smile full of a promise that she would be back with victory. Kara didn't know that that would be their last farewell. She was abandoned and felt really distraught when she was told that they had lost the war. They were betrayed. She searched everywhere, until to her sorrow she found one girl's lifeless body, the body was burnt and twisted horribly. Kara cried and for years that pass by she cried inside. Kara would convince with her smiles, but inside her anger boiled up. The betrayal was unfair and unjust to her, it cost her too much. Kara vowed to be the next Arch Mage, to set things right.
(my char maybe will be mean or a tad evil in this rp but I'm not holding any grudge on anyone, just to let you guys know! ^^)

Appearance:

Pixiv.Fantasia.600.950525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've returned. I will be posting the first IC thread in a few minutes, everyone please don't forget to do the Character Build before starting the roleplay.

Hey! Reading through, I might be interested. To sign up, all I need to do is do up a character bio and the ability build, correct? I would be interested in filling a spot in the Éimhear Clan.
Also, seeing as my favorite element is full at the moment, I can create a character now, and later if things balance out, I can make a second character? Just wanted to clarify.

P.S. Silly question, sorry, where is an ideal place to find pictures for your characters? Those I've seen fit so perfectly, I was wondering if I was just missing out on a really reliable site, or they're all from searching google images. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, and yes, those would the two prerequisites. I'll be updating the spot list, the Phiali Clan is now back to an open sign-up for only one person since I'm assuming Akuma has dropped out of the roleplay. Mostly because he has been unresponsive to the threads and messages. In your case, you may choose from any clan and integrate your character into the roleplay. You may create another character, though both will be considered Arch Mages.

I've tweaked it a bit so that others may join. Each clan can still have a maximum of two Arch Mages. You might have to catch up a bit on what has happened in the IC thread, though luckily, we aren't knee deep into it yet.

Lastly, I simply used google for my image. If I'm not satisfied, I tend to refer to tumblr, zerochan or even pixiv.

Oh, I hadn't realized you had begun. Sorry, I guess that may cause some problems... I don't want to cause any issues. I'll still think up a character, but if it becomes a problem, I won't post it. Sorry! ><

It's fine, I think you can still slip in. Originally, I thought of an even number of players, but now I don't think that would be necessary.

Suppose I'll give it a shot.

Name: Ashali Erisin
Nickname: Ash

Backstory:
Living in the shadow of the world all her life, Ash decided she'd make it work to her advantage. Instead of working with illusions and trickery as most of the Éimhear Clan, decided to leave the mind games to everyone else and chose to work solely with the darker side of magic. To this end, she's been frowned upon most of the time, and ultimately ignored. This isn't a bad thing for her, since this gives her more time to practice in peace. The fact that she's only shows her full potential to public eye once hasn't helped her reputation, but for most, this one time was enough. Having saved herself and a small scout party from an ambush during the war, she proved herself worth her keep. Little else is ever told of the interaction, and she quickly came to be respected thanks to the rumbling of that scout party.

Appearance
: Long, straight black hair. Dark brown eyes, rumored to turn black of occasion, yet to be proven. 5'7" and slim build.
Anime_Girl_by_Otaku_01.jpg

Or if we could have had nine people since there are nine shards. That would be interesting haha. Also I do this with potential RPers, I looked at Akuma's recent activity and he hasn't even looked at our threads. So yeah I think he isn't interested anymore.

No im still intrested, i didnt have this on watched for some reason. Let me see were we are and i'll post to my best ability to get into this.

Sorry to jump to conclusions. I just knew Aurelia messaged us all but you never responded and you've been posting everywhere. Anyway make sure to make your character's abilities, strengths, ect known in the group forum.

Erhm, stupid question incoming, but do I need to be invited to the group? Sorry, first time doing a mutli-person roleplay on this site, not familiar with the workings. I have the character bio part 2, but I'm assuming I need to be in group to post it. Sorry I'm causing problems. ><

I'd been checking this out for awhile and thought that it died out. I remember reading something about @Aurelia leaving so I thought the RP was done. Are there still openings for the Ilonrian Tribe?