Mafia's Boss's Daughter [ Aleta x RiniPinja ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayne rubbed the back of his head at the question. "I mostly got some sci-fi novels, or books about coding and stuff. I don't know if that suits your fancy." He muttered, thinking that Lily would want some of those gross romance novels. To be honest, he tried a few of them, but he always found them so sickenly sweet. He much rather go back to his action packed and mind boggling books. "If you do want to try them out, they're over there." He motioned towards a small bookshelf he had against one of the walls.

He then went back into the kitchen, and soon enough, Lily can smell the sweet aroma of food fill the air. "I'm going to make hamburgers!" He called out randomly from the kitchen, "feel free to come in whenever! I also have some soda!"

Lily had smiled as Kayne disappeared back into the kitchen and immediately strode over to the bookshelf. The first title she saw was Ender's Game and, despite already reading it multiple times, Lily snatched it up and sat down on the couch to read.

When Kayne called to Lily, saying that he was making hamburgers, Lily smiled, glancing in the corner of the page. "Page 19..." she murmured to herself before standing and snapping the book shut. Holding the closed book in her right hand, the girl walked into the kitchen, smiling at Kayne.

Kayne glanced at her, seeing his old copy of Ender's Game. He raised an eyebrow, "Really? You enjoy that?" He was shocked, not use to seeing other girls finding interesting in that sort of genre. "Suit yourself then." He muttered, although he sounded a bit proud of her...

Kayne already had the patties cooked for the hamburger, he was just in the middle of putting them all together. Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, he went all out. He even had some condiments, but he set those aside for Lily to chose for herself. As for soda in the fridge, he mainly had cans of Dr. Pepper, but there was one or two cans of Sprite and Orange Fanta.

When he finished up, he placed the two burgers on the dinner table. It was a shabby table, barely capable of fitting the both of them, but he managed. He then took off his apron and look up at Lily. "Um... Bon apetite?" He muttered awkwardly, "Nothing as extravagant as your chef's cooking or whatever... but it'll have to do." He thought Lily must have been use to full course meals every day of her life, but it wasn't like he could possibly afford all of those...

And anyways, why did he care what the girl liked to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.