Mafia's Boss's Daughter [ Aleta x RiniPinja ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayne was about to shake his head at her request. He didn't think there was anything he could do. But then... The sob fest.

He immediately freaked out. What was he suppose to do? The girl was CRYING for pete's sake. He looked around at the guards, but they merely turned the other way. Was he suppose to do that too?

No, that's not right. He's pretty sure his dad told him to not leave a crying girl by herself. He frowned. "H-Hey. What's wrong?" He asked meekly, knowing it was a stupid question. Of course everything was wrong. She's sitting a jail cell! "I mean... Hey. Don't cry...?" He squeaked lightly at the end of his question, immediately embarrassed.

He can just see the words ERROR. ERROR. over everything he was doing. Why must people be so complicated? He went closer to the cell bars and squatted down, to be more on her eye level. "Seriously... I suck at this." He muttered, unsure about what else he can do.

Calm down, Lily. You're supposed to be regal and elegant, calm and collected. Everything's going to be okay... But nothing was going to be okay. Lily would still be stuck in this jail cell. The girl took a deep breath, tears still streaming down her cheeks as she fought to wipe them away. "I... I'm fine. J-j-just ignore me. I'm just b-being overdramatic. I'm okay." she managed to mumble in between sniffles and hiccups.

The girl was looking away from Kayne, her face still buried in her hands and, when she spoke again, her voice was that of a lost, little girl's. "I... I just want to go home. I just want to get out of here..."

Kayne shook his head, apologetic. He stood back up. "I'm really sorry, Lily... We can't let you go home yet. Not until your father answers."

He rubbed the back of his head, his mind made up. He really think the girl was telling the truth, there's no way this poor girl had anything to do with the crimes her father committed. "I'll try to make your stay comfortable, but... That's really the one request I can't comply with." He paused for a second... Then, seemingly out of no where, he asks, "What's your favorite food?"

Kayne's question startled Lily and she looked up at him, her face streaked with tears. "I don't know. I don't really have a favorite... Well, I g-guess I like spaghetti a lot..." she mumbled, shrugging. Lily dabbed at her eyes with her fingers, wiping away the tears.

"I'm s-sorry to be such a bother. I'm sure you have other things y-you need to attend to, Mr. Ramsey." she said with a forced smile.

Hm, spaghetti... That was easy to do.

Kayne shook his head and stood up. "I do have something else to go. I'll come see you in the morning though." He looked over at the cell bed and down at Lily again. "You should really try sleeping in the bed, it beats the floor."

Then, he finally stood around and left.

It had been a long day for him, but he felt determined to do one more thing. It was, after all, the least he could do for the poor girl he kidnapped. Kayne wasn't the bad guy, dang it, he was a good guy this time... Just... Doing not so good-guy things... He sighed, the whole "good-bad" thing was still confusing him. One would think he would know his lesson by now...

He tried to toss out his negative thoughts in his mind and gathered the ingredients. He'll wake up early tomorrow morning, food always tastes better when it's freshly cooked.

~~~ Next Morning ~~~
When Lily wakes up, she can smell a delicious aroma in the air. And before she could open her eyes, she can hear a voice. "Hey, sleepy head. Breakfast time."

When she woke to an aroma of food and a soft voice calling her, Lily's back ached from sleeping on the hard bed and she was hungry, too. The girl yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she pushed her blanket aside, sitting up in the bed. At first, she didn't know where she was, but then she remembered...

"Oh... good morning, Mr. Ramsey." she mumbled, recognizing the voice.

Kayne held a take out container of freshly made spaghetti in his hands. He worked hard on it the morning of, despite the simplicity of the meal, he always tried to put an extra spin on it. A Kayne's specialty spin, if you will.

He turned to the guard and asked him to open the cell door and he stepped inside. "So, how about some non-jail food?" He asked, placing the container on the floor. He knew that this was outside normal protocol, but hey, feeding somebody couldn't be a crime. And, he wasn't going to poison her or anything, so he couldn't see if there was going to be a problem with this. "I know spaghetti isn't usually a breakfast food, but... I thought the situation called for a special occasion."

Lily stood from the bed, her eyes widening with excitement as she saw the container on the floor and heard Kayne's words. "W-wow, Mr. Ramsey. Did you make that for me?" she asked. He had just answered the question, but she couldn't believe it.

He was the enemy, though. He had captured her and brought her here and locked her up. She couldn't deny that. Lily's smile instantly disappeared and it was replaced with a frown of concentration. What did he want now? Was he going to try and get information from her? "Do you want something in return? I don't have any information, you know..." she mumbled, staring at Kayne.

Kayne nodded briefly at the question... Then he shrugged at the second question, his eyes averting her gaze. "I don't know." He really didn't think about asking her any questions... But now that she mentioned it, he suppose he shouldn't.

She didn't believe that she had anything for him, but that's just consciously. Perhaps, admist in her memories, she'll remember something odd. Something that most normal people won't have in their own memories. "Actually... If, you would... Even the smallest details matter. Does your father or family do anything that might be strange or abnormal?" Kayne's not actually quite sure how this could help, but who knows. Maybe Lily will unknowingly give them insight to how he thinks, his weaknesses, etc.

Lily shrugged, looking away. "You know, I appreciate your kindness, Mr. Ramsey, but if this is just a way to bribe me, I'd rather you treat me terribly. No matter what you do for me, my first loyalty will always be to my father and I will never give up any of his secrets. I know what you were trying to do in the mansion, you know, Mr. Ramsey. I had plenty of time to think about it last night. I bet it was part of an assassination plot to murder my father, right? I'm not going to help you do that. No matter what crimes he has committed or how many people he has killed, if he had killed any, I will always love him." she said flatly, the pleasant mood of the morning disappearing as if it had never been there.

Kayne eyed Lily for a few moments. Her unwavering loyalty was... amazing. And he knew there was nothing he could do to convince her otherwise.

He nodded and then stood up. Sighing a bit. "It wasn't my intent to bribe you, Ms. Lily." He said softly, then left the cell. "I simply thought a good meal would be in good order for your current situation. Most girls like to drown themselves in food when depressed, right?" He grinned, attempting to make a weak joke, but knowing it certainly wasn't the time for it. Then, with a frown, he left yet again.

For the rest of the day, Lily would be badgered. Different cops would come in and would constantly try to get different information out of her. They would often resort to different techniques: asking, bribing, and even to the point of threatening. The would come in non-stop. Her father, after all, was one of the most wanted man in the country. They were not going to take this lightly.

They even informed her of the situation at hand.

"Your father, Lily, have not answered our call. We left several messages, telling him that we have you in custody. We even gave him photographic evidence! It almost seems as though he's given up on you. Why don't you just tell us about what you know? This would go much easier for you if you did."

And they kept coming... Non stop... Continuously...

The day had just all gone downhill after Lily had finished her spaghetti. The cops had been coming in one after the other for hours now, trying to extract information from the girl. "I don't know anything!" Lily would scream in exasperation, often dissolving into tears. No matter what methods the cops were using, though, Lily would shake her head and refuse to say anything regarding her father.

Finally, after five or six hours, when another cop came in, informing her once again of how her father had "abandoned" her, Lily lost it. "Look, sir. I don't mean to be rude, but if you think you can get information out of me this way or if you think my father will just abandon me like this, you don't know my father or me very well and I would appreciate it if you and you little friends would just leave me alone. I understand that you believe my father has done something wrong, but I really and truly know nothing and, even if I did, I would never tell the likes of you."

As she finished these words, Lily folded her arms, falling silent. She turned to avoid looking at the cop, making it clear that she expected him to leave.

"She's not cracking," one of the female cops, specifically Courtney Miles sighed in exasperation. When she walked out of the cells, she ran her hands through her short hair and glared at the door behind her. "This girl is a really hard cookie to crack. Most people would break after 10 hours straight of interrogation!"

Kayne watched as each cop came out, all of them unsuccessful in their ability to extract information out of the girl. Little by little, he was seriously getting convinced that she was actually ignorant of the entire situation. Anybody in the mafia, family member or not, would only care about saving their own skin after all. "I don't think... I think she might truly not be aware of her father's actions." Kayne spoke softly, but not many people heard him.

Kayne was usually a confident and happy guy, but he never really participated in any of the police activites unless he was told to. Not to mention, he was often looked down upon, since he was a former criminal himself. It wasn't their fault that they didn't pay him much attention (well, the good kind of attention anyways), because he didn't really want to partake in any opinionated stance against the criminals. But this time, he actually had something to say. So, he took a deep breath, and coughed once loudly so he can be heard. "She's young, but she's not stupid." Kayne started, "If she was hiding something, this is certainly not the way to get it out of her."

"What do you propose then, tech guy?" Courtney, from earlier, snapped out. Her face clearly showed her distaste for Kayne and her disbelief that Kayne would be capable of anything good ideas. Kayne looked up at her, his eyes unwavering from the steady wave of glares.

But, despite his outward appearance, he was freaking out inside. What was he going to do to convince them of his beliefs? Nothing, there was nothing he could do. At least... Not yet. He had an idea, although it was going to be a big gamble to go through with it. Ah well... No backing out now, right?

"She's a girl, a young girl at that. Trust is obviously going to be needed to get any sort of information out of her." He started off hesitantly, but then quickly continued on. "And staying in that cell is not going to build any sort of trust."

"What?" One of the other cops beside him called out confusion. "Where else do you think we should keep her?"

"House arrest."

The crowd around them immediately all spoke up at once, all stating their arguments and disbelief of the complete idiocity of their plan. "If you have nothing smart to say, then shut your trap! Idiot!"

Courtney just stared at Kayne though. She did not back down, but at the same time, she did not immediately voiced her thoughts about his plan. Kayne tried to speak out, "Wait... Just listen to me!... I'm not done yet!" but no one wanted to listen to him. They were all drowning his own voice out.

"Shut UP!" Courtney screamed out, now extending her glares to all of the other cops. Kayne's eyes went wide, and Courtney focused her hard gaze on him again. "Well, out with it. What's the rest of this stupid plan?"

Kayne couldn't believe that she was giving him a chance to continue, but he didn't want to look at the horse in it's mouth, so he quickly stated "I don't mean her own home. I meant with one of us."

~~~​
Lily was left alone in peace for about an hour before the next cop came in. When she looked up, she sees that it's once again, Kayne Ramsey. He had a smile on his face, and he seemed excited, "I have something to tell you." He simply started, watching her to see if she'll want to hear him out.​

When Lily looked up, her face was impassive, tired, and emotionless. The girl glanced at Kayne, ignoring his smile and excitement, before looking back down to the ground. When she spoke, it was in a hopeless, flat tone. "What is it? That my father has abandoned me? That you'll hurt me if I don't tell you what I know? That things will go better for me if I tell you everything? I've heard all of those before from all of your cop friends, you know." she mumbled in response to Kayne's words, "Well, hurry up and tell me what you want. Then, could you and all of the others just leave me be, please?" From her words and her apathetic expression, it was clear that Lily honestly didn't even care about what Kayne was going to say. She just wanted the cops to leave her alone.

"Oh, and before you even ask, I'm not going to tell you what I know, because I know absolutely nothing. If that's what you came here to do, you can leave now." Lily added, her eyes still fixed on the ground.

Kayne watched as she lifelessly gave her monologue. He winced a bit, knowing how hard it must be for her to go through all the interrogation and pain that the other cops must have been giving her. "No, no, don't worry, there won't be anymore of them coming in." He assured her. Kayne then walked over and sat down in one of the seats provided for the cops.

He tried to keep his face light and a bit excited, knowing that the news he was about to deliver will hopefully make her day a bit better. Well, hopefully. There is a little bit of nonsense in the deal he made that she probably would not approve of, but... One step at a time, right?

"I actually had a talk with one of our bosses... And they agreed to let you out of this cell... But on a few conditions." He started, then look up at her. "You'll be under house arrest, and under my house in particular. You don't actually have to agree to this, but... I have a warm bed, and you'll get better meals!"

"I really hope you'll agree." He finished, hoping that he said enough to manage to convince her.

Lily listened to Kayne's words emotionlessly. This day had been terrible and, despite the fact that Kayne had been kind to her, Lily didn't believe he was trying to help her. After all, he was a cop first and her... friend, or whatever he was, second. The fact that she would have a warm bed to sleep in appealed to the girl, though, and she couldn't help but feel a little bit excited about the offer.

"I... alright, but don't think for a moment that I see you as anything other than a captor. You're just the same as any of the other cops to me and keeping me in your house will never help you earn my trust or get me to give you any information." Lily replied back, some sassiness creeping back into her voice. "So... when can I get out of here?"

Kayne smiled, happy she's back to her sassy self. They still haven't broken her spirit, good.

In the back of his mind, a thought was scratching at him. Was he actually doing the right thing? Was this girl actually as good as she claims to be? Or was Kayne just falling, yet again, into another trap... ? It gnawed at him endlessly, but he kept trying to ignore it.

"Same, you're just my... capture...?" Kayne paused, not quite sure how to say it, but then he just shook his head, "you know what I mean."

He then entered the cell, and held out his hands. "I'm sorry, but I need to put this on your foot. It's a house arrest device, and it contains a tracking device. Once you have this on, we can go." He grinned lightly, placing the machine around her ankles - trying not to click her skin in between the latch.

"And sorry, I have to keep your handcuffs on. Other than that, do you have any other questions / complaints?" He then walked out of the cell, holding the cell door open for her.

Lily stared impassively as Kayne put a tracking device around her ankles and told her that she needed to keep her handcuffs on. What? Did they think she would try and hurt Kayne or someone else? Did they think she would try to run away? If she wanted to do the first one, she would've done it a long time ago. As for the second one... well, she couldn't exactly say that she wouldn't try.

"No questions or complaints." she mumbled as she followed Kayne out of the cell, dragging her feet on the floor tiredly.

When they arrive at the apartment building, Kayne led Lily up the elevator. The place seems a bit run down, as in a bad neighborhood, but Kayne didn't seem to mind. On the other hand, he just seemed relieved to be going home. "It ain't much," he muttered, knowing Lily was use to so much more, "but it's home."

As they walked into the apartment room, Kayne unlocked Lily's handcuffs. "Feel free to explore around. Though there's not a lot to explore." He chuckled lightly, and he went to the kitchen himself. The apartment only consists of 4 rooms - the living room, kitchen, restroom, and one bedroom. In the living room, there was a TV and a rather large, soft-looking, couch. There was also a computer station in the corner, it consisted of 4 computers...

Kayne peeked out from the kitchen, "Hey! Do you have anything in particular you want to eat for dinner?" He seemed almost like a housewife...

Lily smiled softly at Kayne when he told her that his apartment wasn't much. It was a decent place, not at all like the mansion Lily had lived in, but she didn't mind. After he unlocked her handcuffs and told her to explore, Lily weighed her chances. She had surprise on her side. She could knock Kayne out and be almost back to the mansion before anyone knew what was going on. She might have had a tracking device on her, but she was still fast. For some reason, though, she ignored the urge to hit Kayne and instead gave him a smile.

Kayne went into the kitchen and then peeked out again, asking if Lily wanted anything specific for dinner. Lily shook her head. "Anything's better than the jail food... but I was wondering... are there any books that I would be allowed to read?" she asked Kayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.