MAFIA

So basically y'all are saying the mass role call strategy was genius, right? xD

Hm, that's not a bad idea, actually. I suppose the most obvious option would be to add a jester, as was suggested earlier. Would that be acceptable?

So basically y'all are saying the mass role call strategy was genius, right? xD

Hm, that's not a bad idea, actually. I suppose the most obvious option would be to add a jester, as was suggested earlier. Would that be acceptable

As a vampire- it made me nervous. That's why I wasn't claiming and just wanted the carnage. But yeah, a jester works to balance out role call because a vampire can claim something, but so could a jester . Also, if the angel is functioning similar to an executioner, maybe if their protected target dies, they become a jester instead of dying. ( If that seems more interesting.)

The current description of the Angel doesn't specify what happens to them if their target dies when the Angel wasn't protecting them (other than losing), so we can certainly add that. If we go that route, however, I don't think I'll add in a role that starts off as a Jester from the get-go. I feel like it might be adding just a little too much chaos into the mix if we have the potential for two jesters to be running amok combined with how complex this set up already is.

The current description of the Angel doesn't specify what happens to them if their target dies when the Angel wasn't protecting them (other than losing), so we can certainly add that. If we go that route, however, I don't think I'll add in a role that starts off as a Jester from the get-go. I feel like it might be adding just a little too much chaos into the mix if we have the potential for two jesters to be running amok combined with how complex this set up already is.

That makes sense to me.

Reactions: Starlighter
@Matizze
@Kiilgore
@Luster
@Joan
@IceQueen
@Dipper
@Canadian Cat
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Elle Joyner
@Kimberlyn
@Pf.D

Role List
*Please note that the list has been slightly changed. The Pumpkin has been removed, and a slight alteration has been made to the Angel.
[spoili]
2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed. The Angel will become a Scarecrow if their target is lynched, or dies on a night that the Angel is not protecting them. The goal as a Scarecrow is to follow their protectee to the grave via lynching.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.
[/spoili]

The roles have been generated! As soon as you receive a PM with your role and its description, you may consider it the first night phase and reply with your night actions. I'm sure you all know better by now, but just a reminder not to tell anyone what your role is. I am not currently available on Wednesdays, so I will be allowing an extra day for the night phase; it will end on Thursday at 5:00pm MDT with a max extension of one day.

Am I too late to join this round? Aw man. Oh well, next one it is.

• Love
Reactions: Starlighter
Missed it by a hair, unfortunately. It'll be great to have you back for next game though!

@Starlighter I have a question regarding a scenario that popped into my head involving the angel/ Scarecrow, the Lich and the random townie. Hypothecially, let's say the townie dies and the angel becomes a scarecrow because of this. However, the Lich revives the townie the night after they die and it's successful. Would the Angel remain a scarecrow or would they become an Angel again?

Hmm.... well since the win condition for the Scarecrow is to be reunited with their townie technically speaking, I'm gonna say that in that scenario they would revert to being an Angel, as otherwise, the win condition is utterly pointless.

Hmm.... well since the win condition for the Scarecrow is to be reunited with their townie technically speaking, I'm gonna say that in that scenario they would revert to being an Angel, as otherwise, the win condition is utterly pointless.

Okay, follow-up question, what about the Angel's ability? Do they reset or would they stay the same as before the townie would die.

They would stay the same. Like for example if they had already used both heals before the townie died, after the revival they would not get two more heals.

At least I'm assuming that's what you mean; correct me if I misunderstood....

They would stay the same. Like for example if they had already used both heals before the townie died, after the revival they would not get two more heals.

At least I'm assuming that's what you mean; correct me if I misunderstood....

No, it's good. That is what I was asking.

@Starlighter Hey, if you want a chance to play next round, I'd be willing to run the next game.

The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role.

Full stop. I just had a question. If the lich revived a vampire who was once a townie, would they come back as a vampire or the town role?

1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.

Full stop. I just had a question. If the lich revived a vampire who was once a townie, would they come back as a vampire or the town role?
They would return as their town role.

@Starlighter Hey, if you want a chance to play next round, I'd be willing to run the next game.
Hip hurray, no more drowning in millions of conversations!

Sure, go for it! I wouldn't mind getting back into it as a player for just one round.

Super silly question, but is there a designated order to vampire attack?

For instance, there are townies A, B, and C as well as vampires X,Y, C.

If the vampires try to concert the werewolf on the full moon, one of them dies, correct? How do you decide which one? Newest to oldest in order? Other way around?

If the vampires attempted to convert the werewolf, the only consequence would be that the conversion would fail, regardless of whether it was a 'full moon' or not.