MAFIA

Is there currently a lookout?

I'm not 100% on what roles are included besides detective, mayor, and doc.

Either, just want to give a quick shoutout to @Daz for putting together a great game.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Daz
In the ongoing game, the roles are detective, doc, mayor, jester, mafia, and townie (yes I included normal folks because otherwise I feel like I'm not including everything :P). I'm not sure where you're getting sheriff from or how it's supposed to be different from detective, though o.O

In the ongoing game, the roles are detective, doc, mayor, jester, mafia, and townie (yes I included normal folks because otherwise I feel like I'm not including everything :P). I'm not sure where you're getting sheriff from or how it's supposed to be different from detective, though o.O

Ah, I meant mayor. Town of Salem uses sheriff instead of detective, so it was a total accident when thinking of the word detective.

Reactions: Joan
@Daz Are we going to do a Halloween themed mafia ( ie werewolf) when October comes around?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hello everyone. I should start by apologising for my absence, even with the explanation I'm about to give it's not really excusable. So, I'm sincerely sorry guys.

I've already mentioned I've been stressed about exams, but that suddenly got a lot worse to the point where I haven't been motivated to do anything. Just making sure I get out of bed and eat has been hard for me, so pretty much everything in my life other than revision has come to a grinding halt. I've been avoiding Iwaku for the last week or so for that very reason. In order to better look after myself and manage my life I'm officially staying off Iwaku until my exams are over for everything but this mafia game. Since this is mafia round is nearly over and it doesn't take much time for me to run I think I should at least be able to finish this round. After that I won't be starting another round until my exams are over, which will be in 4-5 weeks time. Hopefully I should be more reliable now I've got my business in order everywhere else on Iwaku so I'm not afraid to come online. That's it from me, I hope you can all continue to enjoy mafia despite my ineptitude.

Don't you worry too much about us, Daz; take good care of yourself, and I hope that things settle down for you after those exams. Best of luck to you :D

Don't you worry too much about us, Daz; take good care of yourself, and I hope that things settle down for you after those exams. Best of luck to you :D
Things will settle down too much aha, I have no idea what I'm going to do after exams aside from writing. I hope you're doing okay too Star?

Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to find something to do. If nothing else you'll be able to get some nice R&R. :D
Eh, I'm mostly okay I think. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow that I might have to skip because my boss is being a jerk. But I'm fairly sure that I'm not going to die, and if I do I know who to blame, so XD

Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to find something to do. If nothing else you'll be able to get some nice R&R. :D
Eh, I'm mostly okay I think. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow that I might have to skip because my boss is being a jerk. But I'm fairly sure that I'm not going to die, and if I do I know who to blame, so XD
I hope you're able to get to an appointment at some point, your health is kiiiinda slightly important. Not that I care, baka!

So, this round of mafia is over! The next round will start in roughly 5 weeks, since I want to get my exams all done and dusted before starting another round. Feel free to keep discussing things until then though! I'd like to hear suggestions for the roll list, voting system, etc. I'll do a check for who's interested in participating in the next round closer to the time of it starting.

Ahh I freaking knew it murgh

So, out of curiosity, can we have a kill list from the mafia?

Ahh I freaking knew it murgh

So, out of curiosity, can we have a kill list from the mafia?
I was momentarily confused because you already know who the mafia successfully killed, but you mean a list of attempted kills so you know who they targeted on nights nobody died, right?

Yup, I was detective for sure. Mhm, besides dying early, I like how this game turned out, village loss aside.

Mafia Attempted Kills List:
N1= Dipper. Failed because Dipper was the jester, thus couldn't be killed at night.
N2= IntrusivePen. Success.
N3= Dittles, although Starlighter was also considered. Success.
N4= Dipper. Failed because Dipper was the jester.
N5= Joan. Failed because Joan self healed.
N6= Joan. Success.
N7= Luckycoolhawk. Success.

• Thank You
Yup, I was detective for sure. Mhm, besides dying early, I like how this game turned out, village loss aside.
Hopefully the dying early thing will be remedied next time by adding a medium (a townie who may speak with the dead at night). Although if the medium dies early...
Hmm, what if the curse of the medium could be passed on? So if the medium dies then one of the normal town members would be randomly selected to become the medium? It could have a limit to how many times the pass could be passed on, or there could be no limit- thoughts on which would be better? Also, I currently base when the night phase ends partially on when I have all night actions submitted, but the medium's night action can go on indefinitely. So I suppose I will now have to introduce a hard date for when the night phase ends, so there is a limit to how long the dead and medium can talk.

ofc dipper was jester the whole time. no one listened to me though :'(

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
whoo. goodgame everyone.

@Daz
I'd prefer no passing around, but If it was to be passed around, I'd say limited times. I mean.... we don't want the town to be too op, right?

If we do the no passing around, then the medium, once dead could contact a living person and give them a message. (during the night.) Or something like that.
As for voting system, a more than half to lynch, and if equal inno/guilty then it's a no lynch, and possibly someone else up. (that way, a suspected jester can't be voted up and gamed by saying 'okay. nobody vote guilty.' as to get rid of a suspected mafia/jester without risk)
@Joan
@An Otaku

May I ask what clued you two in as to be suspicious of me?

ofc dipper was jester the whole time. no one listened to me though :'(

TBF... that ended up helping us in the end (i'd say.). After all, by calling out Dipper as jester... it could be that you were actually mafia buddies and you wanted to plant that thought into the soil of our minds, letting him get off scott-free. well, trying to anyways.

• Useful