Mafia - That one!

C

Canadian Cat

Original poster
You have been selected to take part in a little game. Each of you have been selected from a different plane of existence and placed into this strange world. Before you is a mosaic of bits and and bops taken from both different places, and even, times. Castles, modern skyscrapers, and structures you don't recognize stretch long throughout the horizon. Somehow each of you are aware of your purpose in this world, to survive and to win. You stand together in a small circle with others around you, and wonder, who is going to speak first?

You may begin day one now...

Roles
Mafioso: On each night, except night 1, the mafioso will target one player. The targeted player will die at the start of the following day. The Mafioso wins when all town-aliened players are eliminated, or nothing can be done to prevent this.
Sane Detective: Detectives will not know their sanity. On each night the sane detective will target one player. The sane detective will who that player is aliened with. The detectives wins if the mafiosco has been eliminated.
Insane Detective: Detectives do not know their sanity. On each night the insane detective will target one player. The insane detective will learn the opposite alignment of that player. (Example: If the mafioso is targeted the insane cop will be told that player is alined with the town, or vise versa). The detectives wins if the mafiosco has been eliminated.
Paranoid Detective: Detectives will not know their sanity. On each night the Paranoid Detective will target a player. On the start of the following day the Paranoid Detective will be told that player is aligned with the mafia. The detectives wins if the mafiosco has been eliminated.
Naive Detective: Detectives will not know their sanity. On each night the Naive Detective will target a player. On the start of the following day the naive detective will be told the player is aligned with the town. The detectives wins if the mafiosco has been eliminated.

Players
@LuckycoolHawk9
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@Kiilgore
@neobendium
@Dipper

Reminder - We will be using the new voting system as seen in our previos game. The day phase will be split into a discussion/nomination phase where the player with the most nominations will be voted on during the phase.

I will start with the chat. I'm a detective and investigated @Dipper last night. He was guilty. Depending on my sanity level, there is a low chnnce I am right. Has anyone found anything out as well?

I investigated myself. Apparently, I am Innocent, which means either I'm the Sane or Naive detective.

I investigated myself. Apparently, I am Innocent, which means either I'm the Sane or Naive detective.

I meant to do that myself, but didn't think about it until after I submitted my investigation idea.

Apparently it's allowed, so...XD

But yeah. Maybe all of us should plan to investigate one person? It doesn't seem like anyone got killed, so.....

... I investigated Kiilgore. Innocent.

Got guilty on Cool Hawk.

Meaning I cannot be naive.

hmm.... for some reason, Neo. your investigate self claim does make me feel a bit suspicious...

Okay, if you got guilty and I know that I'm a detective, I think that means you are the insane detective... if of course, you aren't lying. @Kiilgore

Okay, if you got guilty and I know that I'm a detective, I think that means you are the insane detective... if of course, you aren't lying.

If you are a detective as you say, then I'd be either insane or paranoid I think... I think it's too early to tell otherwise.

Okay based on what I know so far...

Kiilgore- Insane or Paranoid
Myself-Insane or Paranoid
Dipper-Sane or Naïve
neobendium- Sane or Naïve

If everyone is telling the truth about our things, then by process of elimination that means IntrusivePenDesperateSword is our mafioso.

Got guilty on Cool Hawk.

Meaning I cannot be naive.

hmm.... for some reason, Neo. your investigate self claim does make me feel a bit suspicious...
I understand. I figured some might find it sketchy. You can ask Cat about it, at least if they would allow such an action.

Sorry I'm late, I claim detective. I investigated Lucky as well, and he turned up guilty to me as well. Either I and Killgore take both the paranoid and insane roles, or Lucky is indeed mafia, and, well, our roles are more ambiguous.

I am going to be out of town for this weekend so imma gonna set the official deadline for this discussion/nomination phase to be Monday March 11th 2019.

Also I want to know, how long do you guys want the phases to be?

Two people guessed Lucky and came up with guilty charges. It's a 50% chance that he's not our mafioso. I vote either we kill him or we all agree to investigate one person, lynch no one, and hope the true detective doesn't get murdered.

I say we agree to investigate one person. It's not a perfect plan, but it's something.

I say we agree to investigate one person. It's not a perfect plan, but it's something.
That, or me and the other detective that didn't investigate Lucky should investigate Lucky while everyone else investigates themselves.

Everyone investigating one person would be fruitless. We'd get one lie, two guilty claims and two innocent claims.

Considering none of us knows our sanity, I'm not sure really what to do. I've never played this way before so maybe there's a trick to it but as of now, I'm lost. So, uh, yeah.