Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

If my thought of Pf.D's role was correct, then there still is a chance our detective is alive.
See, I don't know how many of you noticed, but Pf.D had made a soft counterclaim (as it would be), quoting Matizze saying 'would you vote trip if I told you I was doctor' or something to that effect.
That's a really good point. Yes, it makes for sense for Pf to be doctor because it would be kind of weird for the Detective to visit me...

By the way, @Lost-and-Bewildered hasn't been online since Thursday so that pretty much confirms them a Neutral role (Post-Edit, provided the Innocent List is correct).

If I were to choose between Kimberlyn and Starlighter for Maf versus EXEC, I'd say.... as I sort of always have (sort of, sometimes) that Kimberlyn is mafia. I say this because Kimberlyn hasn't really hard-lined anyone which is what I expect of the Executioner.

Yep. My mind's already made. Kimberlyn is the Last-Maf-Standing.

This is pretty much the time for the detective to step forward.

I can confirm that @Starlighter was not active during those votes--she warned us about that on the main thread--so I doubt she is mafia at the very least.

As for @Kimberlyn, she has been preparing for college moving into her college dorm over the past few days--including in the last voting phase--and her birthday happened around Trip's voting phase, so I don't necessarily think that reasoning applies to her. It could, but I'm doubtful.

@Lost-and-Bewildered is fairly inative, and I have no clue how poften they come online, so IDK. His profile says 4 days ago, if that helps.

Also, I would be suspicious of people who voted Trip anyway, simply because voting for Trip would have been a good maf tactic. At the time, they would have had two left, and had no reason to suspect that we would catch Matizze the next day.

Aand people are already posting while I type. Let me read those real quick...

We still have a jester floating around as well.

We still have a jester floating around as well.
Considering people have basically cleared me beyond all doubt of not being maf, I really don't think I can win at this point. Congrats. I'm the jester XD

Oh.... guess I was wrong. Er, half-right! I was half-right.

Ahem.

Oh.... guess I was wrong. Er, half-right! I was half-right.

Ahem.
Darn it, if I'd waited for half a second, I coulda let y'all convince yourselves I was the exec. Ah, well. Too late now.

Okay, I'm in a car with a sick sister, a brother in pain from dentist stuff, and a headache from anesthetic, so...I can't think clearly atm. All I can think of is asking for a role reveal and/or tossing out any and all suspicions, and I already see the latter happening, so...

Roles I believe right now--
-Me as Vigi
-Otaku as Tracker
-Pf.D as Doctor

Roles that are left
-Detective
-Medium

Those are both incredibly helpful roles, if the people with those roles are alive...

We also just got Star announcing herself as Jester, so that's something.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Darn it, if I'd waited for half a second, I coulda let y'all convince yourselves I was the exec. Ah, well. Too late now.

We wouldn't have lynched you anyways tbh

And executioner?
Technically, Star could be lying and said that as a gambit stall, which I believe plausible. Star was Kiilgore's partner last game, and they were both pretty good.

That being said, the EXEC has to be either Star or Lost. You mentioned Kiilgore as being the EXEC, Luster, but I really don't think they've hard-lined against me. Kiilgore and I have disagreed several times this game and stopped just short of condemning the other as Maf, but Kiilgore made genuine and worthwhile claims each time. So I trust Kiilgore to be innocent, not to mention voting twice for Mafia...

Yeah, I know. But it would have been more entertaining for me XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan
I believe that @Kiilgore Is the executioner and their target was you Otaku.
That is not the case.

See, It was just reading too much into the 'I don't believe these two are maf together' post that trip made as a way to (at the time of my thoughts) disassociate his teammates.

Rather..... I am a vanilla townie.

By the way, @Lost-and-Bewildered hasn't been online since Thursday so that pretty much confirms them a Neutral role (Post-Edit, provided the Innocent List is correct).
that would come all down to the minutes.
He was last online on thursday, 1:47 PM CST with what I can see. the end of day phase was 1:40 PM CST. so until we can get a more accurately predicted time of disappearance.... there is a 7 minute timeframe where he coulda sent in his action. (unless he did it early, if he knew he would have an absence like that.)

Another thing to think about is this....
With how I was going after Otaku and Kimber before the reveal of Matizzie being maf....
If I were to die that night, how would your opinions of those two change? (After all, one who was accusing them of being mafia being silenced.)
it would be potentially casting suspicions on them right? Something no mafia wants. (Of course... there's the argument of 'Im being framed!')

Considering people have basically cleared me beyond all doubt of not being maf, I really don't think I can win at this point. Congrats. I'm the jester XD

This may just be paranoia speaking to me... but WIFOM arguments.... the jester WIFOM was quite powerful last game IIRC. It's the one thing that I feel mighta kept me from being suspected... given how hard I fought back against the luster random, fighting back that hard on one who turns out to be mafia, even in a random vote, has the potential to not look good after all.

Claim jester, to detract attention as mafia.
Claim jester as jester to seem like above.

Despite the WIFOM paranoia, it feels... earnest to me after thinking a bit about it.

Technically, Star could be lying and said that as a gambit stall, which I believe plausible. Star was Kiilgore's partner last game, and they were both pretty good.
First game.
Last game Luster was my partner.

So much responding to posts before making this one cuz them being posted as I'm making this lol @~@

yay... jumbled mess....

@Luster
@IceQueen
@Kimberlyn

Claims?

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
I was taking a test when you all exploded into talking again. I make no claims as to who I'm aligned with or what I will be because somehow someone will undoubtedly put me or claim it wasn't me etc. and now as I'm saying this no matter what I do people are probably not going to agree with my decision.

I was taking a test when you all exploded into talking again. I make no claims as to who I'm aligned with or what I will be because somehow someone will undoubtedly put me or claim it wasn't me etc. and now as I'm saying this no matter what I do people are probably not going to agree with my decision.

If you're townie, then I feel you should have no problem with this. There is only one mafia left. We need all the cooperation we can get on it. If we fail, then if we nolynch, unless mafia hits a neutral, or we were wrong about the doc suspicion.... (Highly doubtful) and doc protects the mafias target, we are down to 3-3.

Essentially... we are in lylo. we need as much information as we can get.

Reactions: Joan
Status
Not open for further replies.