Mafia 2.0: Day Thread Game #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
RULES & ROLES

Overall Policies

Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the in-game PMs and day phase thread, at all. You are free to discuss it with people who are not playing.
Do not edit or delete posts. No, not even to correct typos or to remove double posts. While I know that this is frustrating, it is too easy to cheat otherwise. If the current "hall monitor" (@Shizuochan) or I catch you editing or deleting posts, we will revert your edit or undelete your post.
Do not talk in night chats during the day phase, and vice versa. This should be fairly self-explanatory.

Inactivity

Inactive means no activity in the day thread or responding to night action reminders.
If you are inactive for 1 full cycle, you will receive a warning.
If you are inactive for 2 full cycles, you will be roleblocked.
If you are inactive for 3 full cycles, you will be killed. I will state at the beginning of the discussion phase that you were removed for inactivity. If you have a power role and there are any vanilla team members alive and active, one of them will randomly receive your role.

The game will start with me using a RNG to assign roles to players. I will then PM each player to let them know what their role is and ask them for their first night action if they have one. Once you receive this PM, the game has officially begun.

The game consists of three phases: the night phase, the discussion phase, and the voting phase. The discussion and voting phase are referred to collectively as the day phase. The night phase will take place solely in PMs, while the discussion and voting phases will take place on a public thread. Each phase will be 72 hours long, starting and ending at 5:00 PM MDT. A maximum of two single-day extensions each may be requested for the discussion and voting phases. The discussion phase will also end early if requested. I may also extend or end the day phase if I believe discussion is still active or has ended, respectively. You are still allowed to discuss during the voting phase.

At the start of the night phase, I will PM each person with a night role asking how/if they would like to use their night action. Once the night phase ends, the night actions will resolve and I'll enact any results. For example if person X is killed, then at the end of the night I will inform X that they have been killed, and add/remove them from any PM chats as necessary. Most PMs are between the player and myself only, however some players have the ability to communicate with others at night: if this is the case, it will be stated in their role description.

Next comes the discussion phase. Every discussion phase will begin with me announcing who (if anyone) died the previous night, that it is now the discussion phase, and when the discussion phase will end. In the discussion phase everyone is able to talk about who they think is what role, who they want to lynch, and whatever else may be relevant to the game. I may jump in with rule clarifications if I believe someone is confused about the rules. At the end of the discussion phase, I will announce that the discussion phase is over and that it is now the voting phase, along with when the voting phase will end.

In the voting phase everyone may vote on who they want to lynch. In order to vote you must publicly announce in the day phase thread that you are voting to lynch X player. People are allowed to cancel or change their vote, but keep in mind that you are not allowed to edit or delete posts. If someone is voted on by the majority of players (majority = (Total Living Players/2)+1, rounded down when total players is odd) before the end of the voting phase, then that player will be lynched. I will post announcing that X player has been lynched, state their faction (town, mafia, or neutral), and add or remove people from PMs as necessary. If nobody receives a majority of the vote before the end of the voting phase, I will announce that nobody has been lynched. When either somebody has been lynched or the voting phase ends, I will announce that the voting phase has ended and the night phase has begun. I will also state when the night phase will end.

Any questions people have during the game can be asked in this thread, in the day phase thread if it is currently the day phase, or via PM. I would prefer that you ask any role-related questions via PM to prevent cheating, though this is not strictly necessary.

The game ends once either all the town or all the mafia are dead. Once this happens, the game will end and I will announce the results in the discussion and voting phase thread. The results consist of who won and a complete role list. After the game is over, the discussion and voting phase thread will be archived, and players may discuss their thoughts on the game in this main thread. We will generally start planning the next game and pick the next GM and "hall monitor" at this time.

Mayor: The mayor may reveal themselves anytime during the day phase. After they are revealed, their vote counts as 3 votes.
Detective: The detective may visit one person every night. They learn the faction--town, mafia, or neutral--of the person they visit.
Doctor: The doctor may protect one person from being killed every night. They have two self-heals.
Medium: The medium can communicate with the dead. They will be part of the dead chat. While they can always see the dead chat, they are only allowed to talk to the dead at night. After they die, they will be able to send one message. They may choose who to send this message to at any time. The message will be sent at night.
Lookout: The lookout may visit one person each night. They will see who visits that person. The Lookout has a night chat with the Tracker.
Tracker: The tracker may visit one person each night and see who that person visits. The Tracker has a night chat with the Lookout.
3 normal townies

Mafia and Neutral
2 Mafiosos: The mafia vote on who to kill each night. They may decide who visits the target. If they do not choose, one of them will be randomly picked.
Consort: Mafia-aligned. The consort may visit one person each night. The person they visit can not use their night ability and will be told that they were blocked. If there are no other mafia alive, the Consort becomes a Mafioso.
Executioner: Neutral. The executioner gets a randomized town-aligned target at the beginning of the game. Their goal is to make sure that person is lynched. If their target dies at night, they become a Jester. The Jester's goal is to be lynched. Both the Jester and the Executioner are immune to night kills.
Survivor: Neutral. The survivor's goal is to survive throughout the game. They get three self-heals that they can use at night.

Last edited:

Starlighter

Consider this the hint of the century
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi
This is the day phase discussion area for the current Mafia forum game. Here I shall announce who died during the previous night phase and the results of lynching votes, while players may discuss and vote on who they think should be lynched during the day phase.

@Elle Joyner
@Joan
@Kimberlyn
@CloudyBlueDay
@Dipper
@RJS
@Anguissette
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@Kiilgore
@neobendium
@LuckycoolHawk9
@The_J
@7.39
@Lusterine

As on any other day, the Townsfolk awake to a bright, sunny morning. The birds pleasantly chirp in their trees, and at first, all seems well. That is, until word of an ill fate begins to spread - sometime in the night, it would appear that @Dipper was out and about whatever business one has at night, and fell prey to a rogue puddle that swallowed him whole, bringing about an unfortunate early end to his life. May he rest in peace.

The night phase has concluded, and it is now the beginning of Day 1. Discussion may now commence. Voting will begin on Sunday, April 1st, at 5:00pm MDT. A maximum of two single-day extensions each may be requested for the discussion and voting phases. The discussion phase will also end early if requested. I may also extend or end the day phase if I believe discussion is still active or has ended, respectively.

rip Dipper. they usually draw the short straw...

Rip Dipper. May they have cookies wherever you are!

rip Dipper. they usually draw the short straw...
He really does, doesn't he...? At least this game he can communicate with the medium or seance...

I'm gonna go ahead and be the one to ask it--anybody got any leads or ideas yet? Probably not, since it's very very early game, but it's worth asking the question in any case.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Anguissette
WAHOO, I'M ALIIIVE!

Sorry, had to get that out. Truly, what gruesome being would even imagine in its worst nightmares to take the life of innocent Dipper.

I was a little worried last game’s notoriety would get me cut down before the first morning, so spent the night barricaded in my bathroom with an old store mannequin relaxing in my bed.

Come the morning her arm had fallen off, but nothing else to report.

Did anyone see any shadiness near Dipper’s house?

Do we think Star’s comment about him being out and about is a clue towards his role or simple colour?

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I was a little worried last game’s notoriety would get me cut down before the first morning, so spent the night barricaded in my bathroom with an old store mannequin relaxing in my bed.

Come the morning her arm had fallen off, but nothing else to report.

Did anyone see any shadiness near Dipper’s house?

Do we think Star’s comment about him being out and about is a clue towards his role or simple colour?
It's usually simple color, in my experience. I didn't implement much of it myself because I'm not particularly good at coming up with that kind of thing on the spot, but it's fairly common in these games.

• Useful
I'm afraid that it's simple colour, and has no bearing on anything whatsoever; it's just there to liven things up a bit.

Okay... So it was Dipper eh? Hmm. Well.... Don't think there's anything to gather from reading into who the victim was... At least, not that much. (At this point in time)

• Useful
Yeah. Not gleaning a whole lot, myself... First round is torture lol

We could role reveal? I think that's really the only thing we could really do this day phase? Or we could randomly vote someone up? I don't know how advisable either of those options are.

Aw man, you saying we should roleclaim totally deletes the suspense when I out myself as lookout.

We could role reveal? I think that's really the only thing we could really do this day phase? Or we could randomly vote someone up? I don't know how advisable either of those options are.
In my experience neither is of any benefit at this stage. Role reveals are nearly impossible to disprove, so all we would do is out our power roles to the mafia.

As for random voting, simple probability dictates that we're more likely to lynch a town than a mafia.

• Useful
CRAP I forgot to follow this thread. Whooops. I thought it was strange no one said anything...heh. Rest in pepperoni, Dipper.

And yeah...random voting probably isn't something we should do. In the likely case that we don't lynch a mafia, we'd probably end up killing a useful town role. And that seems like it would be a mistake.

Just need a clarification: is voting during the vote phase compulsory?

Just need a clarification: is voting during the vote phase compulsory?
No. Abstaining is totally ok, and recommended in some cases like now, when we don't know anything.

Yeah. I almost never vote first round, cause there's just not enough info.

Hold on while I enter my hyper-formal diplomacy mode. I need a computer, though, so it'll take time.

Ah, who am I kidding. It won't work on a game not centered around diplomacy.

I mean, uh, Greetings, everyone, lend me your ear! For I have many a plight, and my shoulders are burdened. I ask thee, my faithful friends, to lend me your hand in this dark hour. With the sincerest of my intentions, do not vote for me now. Fulfill this my wish, and you shall be richly rewarded when I am in the position to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.