Mafia 2.0: Day Thread Game #5

ROLE LIST

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed. The Angel will become a Scarecrow if their target is lynched, or dies on a night that the Angel is not protecting them. The goal as a Scarecrow is to follow their protectee to the grave via lynching.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.

Although it doesn't change my mind on the matter, as I still think that matizee is practically confirmed as the wolf....

Since heals don't block converts, and reaper is dead, I do understand the 'no point in healing.' thing.

However, it would potentially help to act anyway. If watched, visiting on a night that you presumably can't take an action on.... Could be a terrific alibi.

Soo... I guess you guys pretty much decided that I am the ww already, and as I have no means of proving you wrong, I might as well play the part until I can.

So, from my pressumed ww perspective, I would say that town would gain a terrific advantage by keeping me alive. Stay with me on this one, okay?
So, we have more or less confirmed that the Reaper is dead by now, which means no more relying on the Reaper to clear out the vamps' numbers. That means we have to lynch someone every day to have any hope of winning, but at the same time, the vamps will also seek to thin out their numbers and as they are better at cooperating than us townies (no offense) they will most certainly win.
My proposition is this: let's ignore the ww threat for now, instead giving the ww suggestions on who to kill. As I see it, that is the only way of winning right now.

But we don't even know if there are more vamps OR who they are. And have no guarantee that the WW would stick to that plan.

We don't even have a guaranteed WW. Without absolute confirmation, or someone saying "it's me!" ... We're taking too big a chance.

But we don't even know if there are more vamps OR who they are. And have no guarantee that the WW would stick to that plan.

We don't even have a guaranteed WW. Without absolute confirmation, or someone saying "it's me!" ... We're taking too big a chance.
I think the possibility of all the vampires being dead already is next to none, so that shouldn't really be an issue. I think the most likely people to be vamps right now is @LuckycoolHawk9 (because they can't get accused of not performing a night action), @Joan (because they admitted to not performing a night action) and me (because I also didn't perform a night action). To lynch one of these would be our best bet, though I am hesitant to kill Joan because that would probably make our Angel go rogue.

Also, as long as town doesn't show any support for the ww, I fail to see why they would ever reveal themselves. Especially if it turns out that I'm not the ww, in which case the ww would really benefit from staying hidden.

But then... It's a catch 22 XD WW won't reveal themselves anyway and we're not likely to hinge our town safety on trusting them... Makes more sense to lynch the most likely troublemakers and hope we're right.

There is a second reason it's a catch-22. Vampires may already have majority to swing the vote. Let's assume there are two or even three vampires right now. If one of them is the angel's protectee ( which is a very good reason to not lynch), then nobody gains anything. In theory, keeping the werewolf alive would make it easier for town to win... expect, the werewolf can kill anyone. Town, vampires, neutral. Doesn't matter. It's more of a risk to keep the werewolf alive and hope they do the town's bidding. At worst case, we already have 3 vampires and if we lynch werewolf... then the vampires can win next night. At best case, the werewolf goes through and only kills vampires, but a werewolf lynch would be radical and by killing the vamps, we open room for them to turn. Right now, some of our town has been turned and some haven't.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I actually don't think there are vamps still alive, necessarily. I could be making false assumptions, but everyone was pretty quick to lynch both Cat and Dipper. There wasn't any "wait, are we sure?" from anyone. Granted, that could be a strategy--gain the town's trust. But given that we've already offed two vampires...it wasn't a very smart one. Unless they end up holding the majority...in which case...*shrugs*

If there are any vamps, I think it's quite possible for us to find them. Either way, our guaranteed lynch is pretty much Matizze, in my personal opinion. I have almost no doubt that they're the werewolf, and I don't think it's to our advantage to let them live. NOT lynching anyone is a terrible idea, and the we still don't know for sure if there are any vamps left. Although some people are a bit suspicious, no one is outright "HEY LOOK AT ME, I'M A VAMPIRE"--in my mind, anyways. So, the idea of giving Matizze (the werewolf :P) suggestions about who to kill is far riskier than just offing the threat of the WW altogether.

TL;DR -- lynch Matizze

• Useful
The discussion phase is now over and the voting phase has begun. The voting phase will end on December 20th at 5:00pm MST or when all votes have been cast as guilty innocent or abstain.

I missed the last part of discussion, looks like, but most of the points I wanted to make have been made already, so...

Voting @Matizze
@Starlighter

@Matizze
@Kiilgore
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Joan
@Kimberlyn
@Elle Joyner
@Pf.D

I missed the last part of discussion, looks like, but most of the points I wanted to make have been made already, so...

Voting @Matizze
@Starlighter

Vote to lynch Matizze as well

@Starlighter

As yet another day fades slowly into dusk, the town gathers to watch the execution of @Matizze. An examination of the body following the proceedings reveals that Matizze belonged to neither the Town nor the Vampires, but was in fact Neutral. The townsfolk retreat to their homes to wait out the long night.

The day phase is now over, and the night phase has begun. The night phase will end on Friday, December 22nd, at 5:00pm MST; you may send me your night actions any time between now and then.

@Kiilgore
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Joan
@Kimberlyn
@Elle Joyner

The town awakes on a frosty midwinter morning to discover that the night has passed without event. Everyone remains alive.... but for how much longer?

For this particular day phase, I won't be setting a hard deadline for the transition to voting and voting to night, due to Christmas. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread and make the transitions as needed. If the game ends up in a stall, however, I'll tag you all again and set some dates.

• Useful
well shit 8D

uhhhhh...so we know Kiilgore can't be a vampire...EJ and I are still in the clear...

that leaves Joan, Lucky, and Pf.D...*hopes that you aren't all vampires*

@Joan did you block anyone last night?

Nope, still have no leads and didn't want to risk anything.

@Kimberlyn @Elle Joyner

Did you ever see Dipper or Cat visit anyone?

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9