Madness Metropolis

Jack climbed to his feet, and looked at his phone clock a moment, and thanked the heavens for this perfect timing. A bus came in, and the roads looked pretty clear, as he led Faye onboard, and looked around the city a bit, watching a giant cyclops get shot with a laser beam type attack by a silver and red dude. Jack rubbed his eyes, and punched himself in the face just to check if he was awake. And he was.

-

Eventually, they made it to Jack's home, a simple apartment among many others.

"Alright, if you could just sit on the couch" Jack instructed. "I can give this thing a try."

Once he seated her, his hands went out for her head, rifling through her hair.

"Don't be frightened: Just relax. Think thoughts that are serene and calm. This won't hurt, as soon as I find the right points…"

http://www.fairfieldgladerealestateservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/apartment.jpg

Faye looked around his apartment, finding it to be rather nice. Better than her own, that's for sure. When he said to sit on the couch she nodded and did just that. Jack rifling through her hair made her uneasy, but she did her best to relax and think of calming things. Though a question kept popping up in her mind. Why did he care enough to help her out?

Jack slowly felt around a bit more, looking into Faye's eyes, not because of how strange they were, but to keep her from getting any stressful thoughts.

"Gotcha!"

He pressed lightly, an internal surge of what felt like electricity, otherwise known as a meridian shock, occurred as he struck the point, but not enough to hurt, just a sensation to let her know she was better.

"From here, this is where you have to do the rest. A name would be a great place to start…"

Faye looked into Jack's eyes as he felt around her head for the pressure point. She didn't get any kind of stressful thoughts as she looked into them.

She gasped a little at the sensation she felt when he pressed lightly on the point. Was that all it took? A light press to a pressure point?

Nervously opening her mouth to speak, she said her first word in fifteen years. "Faye..."

Jack's eyes flashed at the sweet sound of her voice. He had a small smile, that, on the inside, was large.

"It's worked! All my martial arts training has paid off!" Cheered Jack. "Wonderful to meet you, Faye. I'm Jack, Jack McCoy, Local Kung Fu asskicker, and the guy who brought back your voice!"

He began to calm down, and sat beside Faye, relaxing and acting more laid back now.

"Ahhh~ Now I have more abilities besides hurting people. And I've even helped a mute girl, just like my Dad did…"

Giggling a little at how excited he was, Faye said, "Nice to meet you Jack." with a smile. Having a voice now...It was so strange to her, yet she loved it.

She looked over at him, a bit surprised. "Your father helped a mute girl as well?" She asked.

Jack nodded. "Yes. I visited her once, and we're practically like family. Granted, I just wanted to master all my possible powers, but I never thought I'd sort of reenact what my Dad did, and could do."

But, then he stopped, and blushed.

"Oh...Hey. I kind of just forced you to come with me...Do you want to leave? I mean, I don't mind you staying, but you're probably gonna wanna go home?"

Faye shook her head. "You didn't force me to come. I came of my own free will." She said. "And...My brother doesn't like me to be in the house on the weekends. He has his girlfriend over on these days." She said, blushing a little and turning her head shyly away from Jack. Her brother and his girlfriend had some 'private fun' on the weekends. He never liked it when Faye was home, so she usually stayed at a friend's house on the weekends.

Jack blushed at the sound of the word 'girlfriend.' He never really had one, and didn't like it when he was feeling down, and he saw a person being lifted up emotionally by the one they cared about. He didn't hate love, he just never had it, and that made him want it all the more badly. He looked towards the TV, and on came the show that featured the character from Jack's drawing.

Jack was suddenly smiling, as he watched the funny hero, Kinnikuman (Muscleman) run around being a clumsy coward, and in the end, showing his true colors as a superhero. Jack could really identify with the guy. Every day was like today: he tried to attack that Logan person and failed miserably, before saving a pretty girl, and helping her out, and now she was staying with him. What would happen next?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUOegCG3v1A

Faye looked towards the TV after hearing it come on. She giggled a little at seeing the character from Jack's drawing. "So this was who he was." She smiled. "I was wondering about that."

That nervous feeling in her stomach came back when she thought of what to say next. If none of her friends could let her stay with them this weekend, then she would need to stay with Ja
ck. She always stayed with a girl friend, never a guy. The thought scared her a bit, but with Jack it didn't seem that bad.

"So...If none of my friends can let me stay at their place this weekend...Will you let me stay here?" She asked.

"YES- I mean uh, I guess you can...." Said Jack, suddenly turning casual. "Maybe we could do things together? :D I don't mean like, screwing or something, I mean uh..unless...well...Shit, whatever, you can stay DX We could watch movies, have dinner together, that sort of thing, no sex, no dates, just...a nice guy letting a nice girl stay at his place. Cause he's nice. No other reason. :D"

Faye blushed when he mentioned sex. It made her feel a little more nervous about staying with him. "Thanks...for letting me stay here." She said shyly. "And yeah, I wouldn't mind watching movies and have dinner together and stuff like that." she added.

"And nothing dirty. :D" He promised. "Slip of the tongue, heh...DX"

Jack began to relax a little, before wondering also about Faye's eyes, looking into them. He liked them, but they had him a tad curious.

"Is anything wrong with your eyes?" He asked suddenly. Then he slapped a hand over his mouth. "Sorry! D: I was wondering if you needed more help..."

Faye nodded at his first words. She saw he was looking at her eyes, and knew what kind of question was coming. "No, there isn't anything wrong with my eyes. The rest of my family has golden eyes. I just happened to have a rare trait is all. I like them this way though." She answered.

"Oh, Okay. I guess they are kinda nice…" He complimented. Jack looked back to the TV with a new pen and paper, making all kinds of shapes and such until he started to put them together, and shaded a couple things in here and there.

Faye looked over to Jack. "What are you drawing?" She asked while trying to get a good look at the paper.

"It's not done…" Said Jack, showing a bunch of lines and such. "But I promise I'll show you when I'm finished."

He pulled it back onto his lap, and continued drawing.

Faye nodded and leaned back in the couch a little, watching TV while Jack drew his picture.

Logan swerved into the sand, leaving his board behind and walking up to his car, a gleaming 2012 Dodge Challenger. As he drove, it began to get dark. He was passing Jack's house when it happened.

-

The drunk driver, an older man, in his 30's, was swerving on the road. His name was Cole Hemming. The road began to blur as he approached Jack's house.

-

Logan seen the drunk driver but it was to late. The drunk driver's Ford Pickup slammed head on into Logan's car, causing the now small in comparison Dodge to launch over the pickup, and land on the roof of the car. The initial impact caused Logan's head to smack into steering wheel, and the ground impact pinned his left leg down, crushing most of the bones in the process. And what was worse... he was stuck... and his car was on fire.

Jack heard the explosion outside, and looked at Faye a moment, sighing, as he ran out to go see what the damage was, spotting that Cole Hemming asshole, but paying not attention, as he rushed over to save Logan first, carrying him into his apartment, and laying him down on the rug near the TV, hoping that Logan wouldn't steal Faye...

"Hey Hey, Mr. Logan, Want some water or something?"