RECURRING Macho Cafe: Hot Springs Vacation - Thursday September 22nd @ 2pm to 5pm Central

Added to Calendar: 02-11-22, 03-10-22, 03-17-22, 09-22-22

Diana

MOTHER OF OWLS AUTUMN
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
machocafe.png

MACHO CAFE - HOT SPRINGS VACATION

Fujimoto Hinata is an old woman, but she runs a very successful cafe. The theme? Macho Men! If you're a guy that doesn't mind being ogled by cafe guests, come on in and work for Fujimotosama!

So much has been happening at the cafe lately, that all the employees of Macho Cafe really deserve a break. Old Grandma Fujimoto has invited everyone to a beautiful hot springs retreat. Surely we can have one good trip without something crazy happening!

EVENT INFO

This is an ON-GOING Charp roleplay that's just meant as silly character developing fun! You absolutely DO NOT need to read any backlogs or know what's happened in the past to join in.

This is a SOCIAL ROLEPLAY WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. The majority of this roleplay will just be developing your character and interacting within the setting!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya

FenFren

Avatar is by @.M00ndropz on DA <3
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
Online Availability
My time is EST, usually online 8:00 - 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM on weekends, and 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM on weekdays
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adaptable
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Romance ✨
Yaaas new players >:D

And to answer for @FenFren I pretty much agree with what Zarko says in terms that a robot character might be difficult in this setting, because it is "modern realistic" with few non-gm outliers! So he'd have to make sure no one discovered he was a robot because CONSEQUENCES! I wont say no to such a character though, cause having a very human robot is something that is very anime and I will roll with whatever people bring into the Cafe and make it work! 😂
Oh, wow- thanks

IceQueen

The Ball Python Queen
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Depending on my schedule I am on at various times during the week. Usually most reliable after 5, though sometimes I nap. Weekends are a free for all schedule wise.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Possibly Sci Fi
reserving myself a spot since I have time

MissDucky

CutieQueen
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
I work nights, so I am online from around 11pm - 6am
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, horror, apocalypse, romance, slice of life, Sci-Fi
OOH I just joined the site, but this sounds super fun, can I still join?

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
Yes. Welcome! This is a Chat Roleplay (CHARP), so it will be played in the Chat on the scheduled date and time, real-life circumstances permitting. It would be helpful to read through at least one of the Logs for prior episodes (linked in the first post of this thread) to get a feel for the Macho Cafe "universe." You don't have to read them all in order to play, but reading at least one will give you access to CHARP rules and tips, and see how one works in practice.

On the day of the CHARP, try to be online at least a few minutes early. Click on the "Chat" tab at the top of the page. The General Chat will host OOC (Out of Character) discussion, and there will be a separate chat room for the CHARP, labeled with the CHARP's title. I like to have a separate tab open for each, so I can go back and forth easily, but that isn't a requirement.

Diana is the GM, so what she says goes, but I've played a lot of these, so I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

littlekreen

Edgepeasant
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
  1. No Preferences
deryl-arrazaq-5-finalwm.jpg
Full Name:
Declan Marsh
Nicknames: 'Chronos'
Horoscope: Ophiuchus
Birthday: December 1st
Sexuality: Demisexual
Height: 6'2"
Build: Classic strongman
Blood Type: O-
Alignment: Neutral Good
Mental State: Composed but emotionally closed
Traits: Helpful and observant but not the comforting kind. Has a knack for working by hand and likes his solitude a bit too much. While an expat his language skills are pretty good though one can hear the accent from time to time.
Skills: Former marine and aircraft mechanic, carpentry, car repair
Hobbies: likes wood carving small dioramas
Habits: Works out and goes jogging every morning in clothing that tends to make some of the locals feel cold in the winter. Others, less so.
Personality: After retiring from military service wanted somewhere quiet for a while as opposed to the constant bustle of the airbase and military life. He's a quiet sort that likes nature and scratching that itch of taking care of things. Knows how to delegate the complex things and think on his feet.

Once stationed nearby for a while returned after retiring from the military and now currently works at the hot springs as maintenance man.

Astaroth

[*screaming into the void intensifies*]
ROLEPLAY DEPARTMENT
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
GUESS WHO IS BACK BB

*hijacks co-GM position and forces Diana to actually do work so people can find things*

• Love
Reactions: CarnelianUndead