M. University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia had a lump in her throat. She wanted to deck Shawn for putting Daniel in this position in the first place. She watched and fought the urge to pace. When Daniel hit the floor she took a step forward. Catching herself as the two girls in front of her glared her down.

"Excuse me we're front row, back off pixie."

Virginia's eyes nearly rolled in her skull at the girl's taunting. She focused on ignoring them as best as she could she had to make sure she could see that Daniel was fine. She saw the unsaid words fly between Shawn and Daniel. She glared Shawn down making sure he knew she disliked him grandly at the moment.

Daniel's eyes turned towards earthy and he suddenly realized who Shawn was. He was one of his mother's people. He felt the rage coil within him at the thought of a babysitter. He moved forward, throwing flames as earthy threw rocks. Both of the hits connected and Daniel felt something snap in him. Earthy was out for blood. That much was obvious.

"What? No smart remark singy?" Earthy laughed, seeing that one of his rocks had hit Daniel square in the chest. His arms were burned, the drink beginning to have an effect on him. His movements were slower and more labored and Daniel saw his chance. He leapt forward, wrapping himself in flames before extending his fist and hitting the other man squarely in the jaw.

The earthy fell, knocked out on the floor and Daniel stood there, wiping the blood from his nose. "Actions speak louder than words." He marched over, grabbing the money and then stomping angrily back to Shawn. "Here you go, bastard. Money's all there." He picked up his clothes, not bothering to slip on his shoes as he slightly stumbled towards the door.

Virginias stood off to the side. After Daniel had stumbled off towards the door she faced Shawn. She reared her hand back and slapped him as hard as she could across the face before turning on her heel and running after Daniel.

People moved out of the way as she pushed to get to him. She was much shorter than he was but knelt beneath his arm to help him put some of his weight on her. She knew from experience using powers could exhaust your energies quickly. She helped him hobble over to a bench on the sidewalk and helped him to sit.

"So I have a ton of questions but I'm only going to ask one..." she said kneeling so she was at eye level to him. "Why did you lie to me about your last name?"

Daniel tried to push off her at first. He knew his skin would be broiling. He had called on far too much power for that last move. He could feel his own body radiate with the trapped heat. He was seated on a bench and his hands clenched his hoodie tightly as his teeth ground. "Adams is my human name. I don't use my fae title." He avoided her eyes, wiping at his nose and leaning back away from her. "Please, don't ask further questions. Apparently Shawn is here to babysit me."

He grabbed his shirt and slipped it on, shaking his head slowly as he put the hoodie on the bench beside him. "Sit down and stop worrying. I'm not used to it."

Virginia didn't like being told what to do. Yes the heat that had radiated off of him had singed her skin but she hadn't mind, she was helping someone she wished to call friend. She narrowed her eyes at what he had said. Fae... his mother was a fae. Shawn was apparently here to make sure he was safe. So much for a normal college life. He was running away in the wrong direction, every where he went he was finding the past. Ginny felt bad for him.

She waved her hands in the air in defeat, she would not ask him anything further. He still hadn't given her his real name. It was all so confusing... she wanted to know more. "Well tonight went well." she said sarcastically shoving her hands in her pockets and staring off down the road as many people were now filing out of the mixer building and heading to their dorm rooms.

Daniel looked at her, laughing. "Tonight did go well. Let's see....I managed to keep my name quiet for all of three hours. I didn't get murdered in my sleep. I won a hundred bucks for free food...I met a beautiful young lady....I'd have to say it's going very well for the first day."

He looked over at her, elbowing her gently. "Lighten up. Things could be worse." He leaned his head back, pinching the bridge of his nose as it started to bleed again. "Oops, spoke too soon." He moved until he was half laying on the bench, eyes staring at the sky. "The stars are gorgeous though. They're so bright tonight. Must be a festival or something." He moved his hoodie under his head, pillowing it as he sighed. His free hand ran along his shirt and he grunted. "Shit, another shirt ruined." He could feel the little singe holes from where his skin had still been far too hot.

"Don't move." Virginia thought hard, focusing as her powers began racking the minds of all the people around. She focused harder, ignoring their thoughts, the sounds she could hear focusing on the most important part of their dna... their powers. She pinpointed a healer and spoke to her mentally.

I could use some help... I have a friend who was injured at the mixer... we're on the bench outside, lend a hand?

Within a few minutes a beautiful heavy set girl walked over to them. Her hair fell in thick black ringlets and her eyes were drawn with eye liner that was as dark as her hair. She leaned in to see Daniel better.

"Just hold still." she murmured and placed a finger to his wrist, at the little thump of his radial pulse. Her eyes snapped shut and slowly she healed him. Internally as well as externally. When she was finished she stood and looked between the two.

"I'm Elena..."

Virginia looked Daniel over and put her hand out to shake Elena's. "I'm Ginny... Virginia but Ginny. Nice to meet you."

"I see you're a telekenetic with telepathic abilities... very cool. I saw you... a pyro. My boyfriend's a pyro. He said you're pretty kick ass in the ring but doesn't wanna go up against you." Elena said looking over at Daniel.

"Baby!" a man called from down the road. Elena looked up and waved goodbye to Ginny and Daniel before walking towards her expectant significant other. Ginny looked down at Daniel and cocked her head to the side.

"Come on Rambo... I'll walk you to your dorm. I have a feeling you're not gonna get much sleep tonight." she said thinking that a brawl just might go down against his room mate protective detail... whatever Shawn was.

Surpise rippled through Daniel when a healer appeared. He knew that Ginny had probably called her over. He could feel himself slowly healing and he sighed, grinning. He had been to the healer's before and each one had a different type of touch.

Ginny's voice made him sit up and he pulled his hoodie on. "If its all the same id rather avoid my dorm. I can find somewhere else to sleep tonight. I would hate to kill my bodyguard. Although I suppose that's why mom chose an aqua." He cocked his head to the side and stared at her. His fingers moved to touch her cheek lightly. "Thanks. I do appreciate everything." He stood and stretched, yawning. "I hope I get to see you again."

"Where on earth are you planning on sleeping?" Ginny asked her eyes closing on his. This all seemed pretty heavy for a first day. She knew the rules of the dorm rooms but she didn't like the idea of him having nowhere to go... sleeping on a bench or on stairs to a building or something. She knew Lacey would have no problem with it, hell she was probably going home with the guy she had spent the night grinding away to.

"Why don't you crash on my couch. Lacey won't mind... don't even think she'll be there anyway she seemed pretty excited with her new dance partner." Ginny said

Daniel chuckled, shaking his head. "Naw...id hate to impose. Besides, I don't have pjs with me." He teasedd, leaning forward with a smile.

"Daniel!" Shawn ran up, breathing heavily. With a small smile, Daniel reached over and punched him in the stomach. "Oof...let me explain...." daniel glared at Shawwn, waiting. "Look. Your mom had a bet going. If you kept away from the fighting, she would drag you back to the arranged marriage with my sister. If you fought, the council decreed you wouldn't be able to. My sister doesn't want to marry you, no offense. You're mom figured since you used to be bullied..." he gasped for air as he shook his head.

Daniel's eyes turned cold and he turned his back on Ginny. "I thank you for saving me from that...but keep your mouth shut where my personal life is concerned." He gave Shawn a pat on the back and then shoved him. "I want something tasty from that prize money as a snack tonight."

Ginny looked on in complete surprise. What had just transpired in front of her? She blinked her eyes and shoved her hands in her pocket. Seemed he had a place to stay again, his room mate and him had somehow cleared their scuffle. Her brain was blaring with what she had just heard but for the moment she was going to pretend she hadn't heard anything.

"Well good night then boys." she said dipping down in a bow one would give a royal and turned to head back to her dorm. The night's silence helped for her to focus her thoughts. He was promised to be married... she had to back away from him. Friend or more, she couldn't get involved. The fae world was something she did not want to be drug into as a side chick... it could be very bad for her.

Daniel turned to see Ginny dashing off and he cursed his luck. He sprinted until he caught up to her. "Hey now...no need to run away..." he almost grabbed her arm but pulled back sharply. "Shawn was spouting nonsense. I don't even know his sister." He grinned, eyes troubled.

He continued to walk alongside her a moment or two longer before sighing. "Its not what you think and not what you were supposed to hear. My mom can get a little power hungry and...loook, I can't lose the only college friend I have over that nonsense." He spoke disdainfully, eyes full of sorrow at the thought of once again losing a close friend.

Virginia turned to look at him when he caught up. She nearly stomped off at his first lie but he corrected himself at once. She sighed looking at him with saddened eyes. He wasn't about the life chosen for him.

"Look, I don't know much about the fae world, like I said I was sheltered. All I know is I don't want to be lied to. If you cannot tell me something... then don't. It's fine. It's not like you have to tell me anything. We can just pretend I know nothing if that's what you want... I won't ask I promise." Ginny said holding three fingers up like scouts honor.

"You should go get that snack he owes you. I'll see you around." Ginny said smiling softly

Daniel shook his head, this time grabbing her arm and stopping her. "The fae world...there's an order. There's a court with royals and marriages and stuff I want no part of. My mother is one with a small title and sees me as nothing more than a mixed son she can use as a bartering chip. Neither of us kids want this. She's a pixie, I'm just me. My life has been meddled in enough and sure I've had some fae try to take my life, bbut I don't care. I just want...." he sighed, letting go of her arm and clenching his fist as he felt heat rise within him. "I just want freedom. That's it. I can't say much else but I want you to know the whole story. That way if you want out, you can get out..."

Virginia fought the urge to wrap her arms around him and hug him. She saw him clench his fists and knew he was in such inner turmoil over it. Freedom... she knew the feeling well. Sure she didn't have all the marriage stuff and danger he lived but being always isolated she wanted to spread her wings...live life. Enjoy her youth and her powers. She reached forward placing her hand on his cheek. The heat coursed through to her skin at once. She kept her eyes on his.

"I'm not running for the hills. Just to my dorm. If you don't wanna bunk with your sitter tonight... my couch is still open." she said with a smile. She had promised not to ask questions and she would keep that promise. Right now she knew all she wanted to know any way.

Daniel leaned into her hand, the cold on his skin helping calm him. He looked at her, letting the mask of laughter fade for long enough to expose his emotions. "Thanks but if I don't get back to sitter..." he grinned, holding his hand up to wrap against the one she had on his skin. "besides, it would be bad if you got mixed up in something." He winked teasingly, stepping back from her. "Ill see you later." And with that, he was gone.

Virginia watched him walk away before she too made her way back to her dorm. As predicted Lacey didn't come back till the sun had begun to paint the sky.

Ginny sat up in her bed when she heard the door open. Lacey tiptoed in but Ginny pulled a mother hen move. She flipped the lights on and with the straightest face she could give asked her, "where have you been all night young lady I've been worried!"

Lacey froze like deer in headlights. The look sent Ginny into a fit of laughter. Lacey released the puff of air she had held and sighed.

"You really got me." Lacey said. Ginny caught her breath before smiling.

"Should've seen your face."

"When's your first class?" Lacey asked

"Not till ten but I'm gonna go scout places to do solo practice."

" They have the gym for that."

"I do better outside... really alone."

"Be careful. carry your rape whistle." Lacey joked. Ginny shook her head. She could protect herself just as she had the night before. She dressed quickly pulling her red hoodie on before racing out the door. She needed to find something solitary... secret.

Daniel went back to his dorm and fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. He woke the next morning with a groan, feeling stiff in every joint. "Great." He fussed, shaking his head.

He stood and moved to the door to pull on his shoes. "I'm going out. Figured my babysitter would want to know!" He yelled so that Shawn could hear him.

He made his way towards the courtyard and then thought better of it. He didn't want to set the grass on fire. Instead, he moved towards a clearing with rocks.

Ginny walked past the gymnasium, past the track and past the soccer field. Off behind the fenced off area where they stored the uni's generators she found a wooded area.

It wasn't thick ass forest but a wooded area with a small crick. She could feel the animals around, nothing to worry about. small critters and a couple deer.

She walked a few yards in and found a smooth large boulder by the crick. She smiled at her surroundings. She had found her nitch.

She sat down on the boulder and crossed her legs. Relaxing and breathing slowly as if meditating. The hairs on the back of her neck stood slightly as she mapped her surroundings in her mind without even opening her eyes.

When Virginia opened her eyes they were brighter than they normally were. She focused on the rustling of the trees. She saw four leaves that were now floating through the air. At once they froze in time. Moving whichever way she manipulated them.

The rocked clearing was large and he grinned. There was space enough for Daniel to practice. He began stretching, using more than just his body. He had studied a form of tai-chi...well his mother had pushed him towards it. Not only did it help him to remain calm, but it kept his body lean and limber. He stripped out of his shirt when he felt the sleeves bunch.

There was the sound of a creek nearby and Daniel shook his head to dispel the distraction. He moved to do a few crunches, the simple exercise helping him focus. He moved back into his stance for his martial arts, breathing evenly and letting his mind wander. His body went through the routine as if of its own accord. Flames shot from his hands and feet to match his movements and a small sweat began to form on his torso.

Status
Not open for further replies.