M. University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginny bit her lip at his tease. "Damn them telekenetics huh?" She snapped her fingers in emphasis.

"Funny for someone nursing a beer." She moved closer and held her hand out. "Virginia Dunn. Go by Ginny though. Less old sounding." She smiled. "And no I don't mind being around you. Why would anyone? Are you one of those pixie loving creeps cause I'm not a damn pixie." She eyed him with brow raised

Daniel held out his hand and shook hers. "Daniel Adams. I thought I would try another beer. This time no explosions so yay me!" He joked, a sad smile crossing his lips.

"Pixie? Naw. My moms a fae and after awhile you find things out about them you would rather not know." His grin came back, painting a smile on his lips. "As for not liking pyros...well we are pyros. We get a bad reputation for being quick to anger and too much fun at parties. Not to mention our body heat. It makes most uncomfortable." He shrugged as if considering this no big deal.

Virginia listened to him and shrugged. Having high body heat would be advantageous in winter. She was usually cold. "Hmm. You sound all right. Where I'm from it was pretty solitary. You are first pyro I have met. I'm pretty sheltered. My parents share my powers." She said thinking they were a pretty boring family.

She understood his warmth the second he shook her hand. It was like a warm embrace. Like a day at the beach. It was inviting. "It is college though... no use in socially exiling yourself. " she said winking at him as she walked along the curb, balancing herself like a young child.

Daniel walked alongside her with a smile. "I come from a small town. My mom being fae is the only reason I know about others. In my town there weren't enough of us to form a group though. It was pretty solitary."

she balanced like a child and he sighed. "I'm not a big party person. Last time there was a party in my hometown I nearly set the building on fire."

"That would be a real party downer." She said eyeing him. "Is it that you can't control it? Not that I'm dou ting your abilities just wanting to understand." She said looking over at him.

She had bever been a party person. She might've enjoyed a party here or there but she stuck to reading or being alone. It was how she became so gold at using her powers they say practice makes perfect.

Daniel let loose a laugh that shook his whole body. "I was literally playing with fire. Things got a little out of control at a fae party my mom's work buddies son was throwing. Have you ever had their so called nectar of the gods? Phew is it powerful." He opened his hand, letting the fire race around and grow. It traveled under his sleeves and then poked out as if alive.

"Things got a little out of control, one of my friends was threatened and I lost my temper. They pushed me into a wine barrel, drunkenly trying to put me out so to speak." He let loose another chuckle, looking up at. Her with piercing green eyes. A sad smile crossed his lips for an instant before he fixed his expression. "Boom. I was on fire. All over my bodym"

Virginia frowned at his recollection of the party. She shook his head at the drink question. She hadnt had a drink in her life. "I'm pretty boring... I've never had alcohol. Virgin in all ways so to speak." She said with a shrug.

"Well I hereby solemnly swear to be your party wing girl. If you start drinking I'll keep your blood alcohol level down even if I have to dump all alcohol at every party." She mused.

"In every way but drinking I'm a virgin." He teased, winking at her. He was beginning to find her a pleasant person to be around.

Her offer to be his wing woman made him beam and he pushed her lightly. "That, my dear, sounds fantastic! My water bending roomie doesn't seem to be too concerned with a pyro."

"Well it would be easier for him to put out whatever you may or may not light." Ginny said laughing as she was pushed off balance. She hopped back up onto the curb at once. "I'd say let's go back to the party but I'm having more fun out here. Are you a dancer or are you one of those I'm so manly, I bend fire... I don't gyrate my hips." Ginny said with a deep voice exaggerating her words with her hands.

Daniel looked over at her, an eyebrow rising slowly. "I can...well what type of dancing do you mean exactly?" He continued to walk alongside her, hands moving to his pockets. "Yeah, well Shawn didn't seem the type that would help put me out. More like the type that would set me on fire."

Ginny looked over at him and stopped walking. "Seriously that sounds like crap. What kinda roomie is that? I'm glad Lacey is a girl after my own heart. We meshed like yin and yang." she said with a smile. "Are there at least like fire alarms with them water dousing thingies installed in your room? If not you should definitely invest." Virginia teased.

"As for the dancing, Any really. What is there a kind of dancing you won't do?" She asked her bright blue eyes locked onto his shockingly emerald ones.

Daniel laughed. "He's a guy. We do things like that." He paused, standing in front of her uneasily. "There are fire alarms that include those installed in my room. A very good thing since I'm apparently such a partier."

His demeanor went from light-hearted to serious. "I don't do the hip hop stuff. Mom forced me to take ballroom dancing." He held his arms up, swaying gently. "Really boring stuff that does nothing to get me an actual date these days." He laughed, turning around and running fingers through his hair. "It's stupid."

"Says who?" Virginia gushed watching him with a bright smile. "I do not think that at all!" She twirled around him dancing with an invisible partner just as he had. "I didn't take classes but my mom and dad have taken me to every "era" dance you can think of. Fifties, sixties, masquerade waltzes. I love dancing." She twirled bowing before him and then smiling brightly.

"Whoever thinks dancing classically is dumb needs some reeducation." She said.

"As for partying I'm not really a party goer but I'd like to get out more. High school was so lonely and closed off. I've made a promise to myself to get out more, go against my nature and be more open. That's what college is for anyway right?"

Daniel watched her dancing around him and felt very foolish. Of course she would be the type to dance so elegantly. He shook his head and grinned. "Well maybe you should teach it. You dance well."

An awkward silence fell over him and he shuffled his feet. "Is that you talking about this being what college is for? Because for me college is about making friends. And avoiding..."

A shout came from behind him and he cocked his head to the side when he saw Shawn running over. "Hey, you're up!"

"I'm up what?" Daniel frowned, confused.

"For the contest. I entered your name. Turns out the prize is a hundred bucks. Figured we could use it to buy food or something."

Daniel tensed, his fists clenching. "You did what? I don't fight..."

Ginny froze when she heard the shout. She didn't like how she could feel the ripples of tension just drop right off of him. She looked over his shoulder at Shawn and then back at Daniel.
She wished they hadn't been interrupted she wondered what he was avoiding. Maybe she'd ask him at a future time. She didn't like the idea of a fight either. She knew her powers and the extent of her strength but she was not one to showcase or use her powers for a fight unless it was to protect herself.

"Well that's one way to get back to the party." Virginia muttered her annoyance thick in her words.

Shawn peeked over Daniel's shoulder. "Woah, hello there, doll." He winked, turning his attention back to Daniel just as quickly. "Seriously, if you back out it will be a serious slap to your honor. And lucky for you I think I was the last water user."

Daniel flinched. "Who said I care about honor?"

"Oh, please. You aren't even an Adam. I figured out your real last name. You're just using a human one." Shawn grinned, "Come on. One fight and you could win it all."

Daniel turned eyes back to Virginia. "Ginny, you don't have to come along. But I need to go." He took a deep breath, nodding to Shawn. "Fine. But if I throw it on purpose, you can't say anything."

Virginia gawked at the two. She smoldered annoyingly when Shawn called her doll. She followed a few steps behind them. Why had he lied about his last name? She was so intrigued. She had a million and one questions but kept to herself. When they were back in the mixer the noise in the building seemed to be amplified with the crowd readying for the match.

Some were dancing, others drinking and smoking what she could think was only marijuana. Such stupid things to do, with the more you impaired your thinking, the more you hindered your ability to use your powers. It was one of the main reasons she had never done anything, she had harnessed her powers to their extent by focusing. She closed her arms around herself watching. She would not interfere with his match but she would be watching his opponent... she didn't want anything to get out of control.

Daniel shook his head. "I can't believe I'm doing this." He growled, irritated. He approached the ring, stripping off his hoodie and the shirt beneath. He was a very fit young man and it showed. He peeled off his shoes, bare feet hitting the ring that had formed in the middle of the room. The other man stepped into the ring and an unsettled feeling filled Daniel. By the way he seemed happy and the dread filling Daniel, he had to guess the other male was an earth user. That meant he could be in big trouble. "Curse everything that is fae." He growled under his breath, ignoring a few gasps from mixed bloods in the crowd.

"Ready, FIGHT!"

Daniel shifted, flames lighting his hands. Shawn moved to stand by Ginny, grinning at her. "So, what do you think of our boy? Think he can win this one?"

"I think you should be the one in the ring instead of him. Our boy? I've only just met him. I hope this doesn't get out of hands... I'd hate to come to the rescue. Guys are put off by a woman who is stronger." she said rambling about as her nerves were getting the best of her.

Ginny saw the look on the opponent. He wasn't going to hold back and she didn't want Daniel getting his arse kicked because Shawn had unwillingly shoved him into the ring and had him go up against an ill suited opponent. If anything Earth bending would trample fire in most cases. It took a very strong fire bender to come up against an earthy as they were called.

"You're gonna pay for that comment, singe-freak." The man slurred, slightly drunk.

Daniel just blinked, cocking his head to the side as a snarky grin appeared on his face. "Really? Sounds like you need a life." The earthy rushed him and he jumped out of the way, moving like he was used to avoiding hits. The crowd boo'd this maneuver. Most of them wanted the chaos and blood that came with a good element battle.

Shawn looked over at Ginny. "I only just met him today but I think I'll keep him around. He knows a lot more than he lets on. Either that or he doesn't care about what he knows. If you interfere, he will be disqualified. So, don't even think about it."

Daniel growled, growing frustrated. "What, you can't hit me? Maybe you shouldn't play with fire." He shot a few bursts out at the earthy.

For a few moments it seemed as if the other man was going to flinched. Instead, he stomped his foot, half the floor rising to shield him. "Yeah, well...I hate your kind. You're way too hot headed and cocky. Maybe you're just compensating for something?"

Daniel blushed bright red, more frustrated with the teasing than with the way the man had blocked his move. "Why would I need to compensate? You seem to be the one missing a brain." He rushed towards the earthy, throwing a few punches before narrowly avoiding one himself.

"Sure, but at least I can keep the ladies happy." Earth laughed, sweeping his feet out to catch Daniel off guard. Daniel hit the dirt, rolling into a crouched position, knowing he was hopelessly outmatched. He looked over at Shawn, the aqua giving him a glance that meant he best try or else...

Status
Not open for further replies.