M/F, M/M, F/F - Which one(s) do you role-play?

What orientation(s) do you role-play?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do all of the above. It depends on the story. Although I'd love to do a sci-fi rp about a species with three sexes.. hmm, I think I'll add that to my idea list now.

I've done both M/F and F/F. I tend toward female characters when I roleplay, too, so maybe I'm not the best to respond. Heh. I've never really had any interest in M/M.

I have done F/F, M/F & M/M.
I like to do M/M & M/F both romantically and non-romantically. I'm not very interested in romantic F/F, but I don't mind it, and it happens that I get into the mood for only F/F. But I prefer M/M & M/F for the most parts.

You do realize I posted both of those DAYS ago.

And the acronyms refer to pairings - male/male, male/female, female/female.

Hmmm, mainly I have been playing M/F. I sometimes play the guy which I don't mind at all. Or I can double-in which I play male for my partner if they wish it to be so. I find M/M and F/F quite interesting, yet I have not done many. I would like to change that!

I am a dude. I like girls. Can't change that. I am totally cool with other sexualities, and I've tried to do other rps, but... I can only get behind m/f. I'm not even that good of a romantic female player. X(

I play Male with Male, Female with Female, Female with Male, intersex with female, intersex with male...

Of course, finding men to play with female-identifying intersexual characters who like to give as much as they receive (cough) is difficult on more straight-laced sites.

Going into body types (such as people who are occasionally squids or cybernetic crab-spiders) would take too long and I like to keep a little bit of the mystery alive.

I also occasionally go for genderless characters, such as robots, though they often identify as one gender or another so that might not count.

Since I almost exclusively play as female characters I've only really done M/F and F/F.
I wouldn't mind M/M if I could find a male muse I could stand to stick with.

@Crowsie Depends on your age range and I'll go a m/m with you!

Honestly, I will play all of them and have done so in the past. Though I prefer to do a pairing of two males since I am able to play a male character much better than a female character; at least in my opinion. It is rare for me to do a pairing of two females, since such things do seem to be scarce, but I am up for it if someone suggests wanting to do it.

I had selected all three options.

I usually do M/M because for some reason I just love doing those relationships, but then I also do M/F. I haven't tried my hand at F/F before, but I'm sure that will be fun too. 3

I typically only do M/F and F/F. I have no problem with M/M personally, but I'm just not interested by it.

Very rare is the occasion to do F/F though. Especially done well.

M/F and F/F for me. Though it's usually M/F.

I have no problem with M/M, but I don't really have the will to rp it.

I typically only do M/F and F/F. I have no problem with M/M personally, but I'm just not interested by it.

Very rare is the occasion to do F/F though. Especially done well.

can I ask what you mean by 'done well'?

I am a dude. I like girls. Can't change that. I am totally cool with other sexualities, and I've tried to do other rps, but... I can only get behind m/f. I'm not even that good of a romantic female player. X(

This more or less describes my situation regarding this. I've done F/F twice before though and it seemed to go well on both occasions, so I checked that one too.

can I ask what you mean by 'done well'?
Sure! Many of the F/F roleplays I have done, especially one x ones (not here on Iwaku but elsewhere), have little story and are primarily smut-driven. Not to discriminate, but this is especially true of F/F roleplays where one (or both) characters is/are played by males.

Not to say that my experience is representative of Iwaku because I haven't done any F/Fs on Iwaku, but... in the many many years I've been RPing in chat roleplay, that's what I've seen.

So when I say "done well," I simply mean with an engaging story and interesting characters that actually develop through the roleplay, with or without romantic interaction. Not just objects of lust. For the record though, I have no problem with smut. Actually I quite enjoy it lol. Just not all the time!

Reactions: FleurDeLis
Sure! Many of the F/F roleplays I have done, especially one x ones (not here on Iwaku but elsewhere), have little story and are primarily smut-driven. Not to discriminate, but this is especially true of F/F roleplays where one (or both) characters is/are played by males.

Not to say that my experience is representative of Iwaku because I haven't done any F/Fs on Iwaku, but... in the many many years I've been RPing in chat roleplay, that's what I've seen.

So when I say "done well," I simply mean with an engaging story and interesting characters that actually develop through the roleplay, with or without romantic interaction. Not just objects of lust. For the record though, I have no problem with smut. Actually I quite enjoy it lol. Just not all the time!

This makes sense! I totally agree with you too. Sometimes same-sex pairings get really fetishized and it's a bummer, especially f/f. :( I just asked because sometimes I know people say they aren't able to play gay characters 'well' and I always wondered what that meant exactly, just because I consider the sexuality of my characters such a minor thing. Like, how is it different from straight characters? Though maybe they were just talking about the sex part. That I could understand.

Sorry, went on a tangent.

Status
Not open for further replies.