M.A.T.Q. Many Against the Queen

D

Demmy

Original poster
So, lots of words in those tabs. Feel free to ask questions. I know I don't always make sense but I'll try to explain anything that isn't clear.

• ((Alright. I lost the original file I wrote this up on so I'll try to put in everything I remember in dot points.))

- Centuries before the age of man the world was run by a single kingdom.
    - This kingdom held magic and creatures beyond our imagination.
    - There were good rulers, bad ones, merciful ones and those who squashed any that disobeyed.
    - There was one particularly evil queen. An 'ancient demon' who ruled with such malice that her own bastard son rebelled against her.
    - He created M.A.T.Q. Also known as Many Against the Queen or simply 'Mato'.
    - This rebellion was the downfall of the queen, who was too strong to kill, so they split her essence into ten and trapped it within crystal shards.
    - These shards were scattered around the world. Some were buried, others left to the ocean. One remained with the son, who protected it with his life.
    - Upon his death, he passed this shard to the new leader of Mato.
    - With the queen gone the kingdom fell into darkness and chaos and thus the age of man was born.
    - But man, whose heart was full of fear and distrust turned against magic, against the other races and hunted them down.
    - Over time the magic of the world dwindled until the only memory left of it was in fairy tales and legends.
    - Now we turn to modern day, where humans are the only race to have survived. Or so they believe.
    - You see, magic and creatures are still out there, though their numbers are not what they used to be.
    - They hide among us, identities protected by none other than Mato, who now dedicate their time to protection and preservation of peace between humans and creatures.
    - They originally made the rebellion into an organisation to protect the crystal shard-turn-necklace, yet branched out to bringing peace between humans and creatures.
    - And this was acheived by allowing humans to forget their magical ancestors.
    - But there are new rebellions rising. Ones who believe magical creatures should not hide from man. That the age of man is due to end.
    - And the most prominant of these is known as 'Free'. An organisation founded by Dracula himself.
    - He aims to use the shards to power the fall of man.
    - Will you help keep the shards safe and fight against the coming war or will you try to bring down mankind and bring about a world where you no longer need to hide?

• - You must make either Free or Mato agents. No civilians will be accepted.
    - Free agents are magical creatures only.
    - Due to it being 'the age of man', creating Mato agents must include a human. For example, you can create either a single human character for Mato, or both a human and magical creature.
    - Also due to the previous rule there will be a limit on the amount of members of each group. For example, if there are three currently made Mato agents then there will only be one Free agent. If there were ten Mato agents, then I will allow five Free agents and so on.
    - Please include descriptions of magical creatures. For examples, please see the 'magical creatures' section below.
    - I also suggest reading or skimming over other character sheets.
    - Try to put limits on powers and such. Nobody like all powerful OCs.
    - Feel free to use fairy tale characters and such.
    - I don't care about post length. Write as much or as little as you want.

• Mato Leader - Taken for plot purposes
      Ikata Villo - Engineer/second-in-charge
      Caleb Arrien-Villo - Foot soldier

• Vlad the Impaler A.K.A. Dracula

• Humans are fragile creatures who used to be able to manipulate magic. They lost this ability along with their memory of magical creatures. Though some may hold magic in their blood, it is so minute that it cannot be used. Their name may be tainted in the RP, but some have taken it upon themselves to rectify this.

• Ancient demons are a long lived race that appear to look just like humans. They can live to be many centuries old and are often known to dabble in 'dark magic'. Which, truth be told, is just magic that people are too scared to use. They are extremely rare to come by due to being the main target of the earlier hunting as the evil queen was one of them.

• Vampires like Dracula appear human when satisfied or have recently fed. Though as their thirst increases, their features become more bat-like and more blood is required in order to return them to their human-like selves. They all have the same abilities - so none have unique ones.

• furry-nature-blue-eyes-purple-hair-anime-girls-px-148340.jpg

Name: Ikata Villo

Age: Many, many centuries. Though, she looks to be about 20 years old.

Race: Ancient demon.

Race Description: Ancient demons are a long lived race that appear to look just like humans. They can live to be many centuries old and are often known to dabble in 'dark magic'. Which, truth be told, is just magic that people are too scared to use. They are extremely rare to come by due to being the main target of the earlier hunting as the evil queen was one of them.

Personality: She's rather cold to people she doesn't like and hardly talks about herself. She has a love of science and often blows up things for the sake of watching an explosion.

Things your good at: Puzzles, fighting, science and technology.

Things you suck at: Emotions, talking, not insulting others.

Preferred Combat Specialization: Combat is her preference, though she often fuses it with technology. Her magic is a last minute resource.

Magic Abilities:

Necromancy: Ikata is capable of raising the dead for short periods of time. This is limited to small creatures, such as wolves, rabbits and great danes at the largest.

Shadow Manipulation: Her personal favourite. She can create shadows or manioulate existing ones to hide herself, capture others or teleport over small (must be visible) distances. These shadows are easily conquered with bright light.

Audio Illusions: Whilst not technically dark magic, Ikata has always loved studying music and sound. She uses this abillity as more of a hobby, though can use it to temporarily deafen another.

Personal History
      : She has lived many, many lives. She was once a pirate, assassin, a queen and a warlord. In her time she has married and become a widow. She has adopted humans from the streets and raised them as her own. She has fought in wars galore and has killed many, including other demons.

How You Came to join Mato/Free: Over the years Mato had constantly tried to get her to join. Finally she gave in, claiming that she had nothing better to do anyway. Truth be told, some of her own adopted children had become victims of Free and she is out for revenge. She now works as the head engineer.

Other: She has a variety of weapons hidden on her body and a temper that will burst with the wrong words.

• e10fa37412039ef057c05cffe9713d8a.png

Name: Caleb Arrien-Villo

Race: Human

Personality: Often described as too energetic and trusting. He is usually the one attempting to cheer someone up and always looks to the bright side of a situation.

Things your good at: Hand-to hand combat, cheering others up, working in teams.

Things you suck at: Puzzles, remaining quiet when it is not necessary (ie. in libraries), one-handed firearms.

Preferred Combat Specialization: Melee is preferred though is handy with a sniper rifle as long as someone watches his back.

Magic Abilities: He has none though often boasts about his 'luck powers'/

Personal History
      : He doesn't remember much from his childhood but was found by Ikata after his home was ravaged by Free. Any questions about who Ikata thought were personally responsible was recieved by a change of subject.

How You Came to join Mato/Free: He simply joined when Ikata finally agreed that he was old and mature enough.

Other:

• THP3d05SFhdRvLOKLs2gqUFz0THCvIe10gufubJGDV2XdWQOGjgCmk-Xv-oy3g6MK82UkJ0ff7WI6xflLVWBHtnhtF3fkN0JnsDvv66BgAjLldw6S9N_YMVlHCKvojhbvMghOlBOyldwRPtFqSt5XA

Name:Vlad the Impaler. A.K.A. Count Dracula

Age: As he was born in 1431, Vlad is now 580-odd years old.

Race: He is a vampire.

Race Description:
      Vampires like Dracula appear human when satisfied or have recently fed. Though as their thirst increases, their features become more bat-like and more blood is required in order to return them to their human-like selves. They all have the same abilities - so none have unique ones.

Personality: He can be called an honourable man... Sometimes. He appears caring and hard-working to his peers and aliesn. He loves to be surrounded by, well, women and tends to ignore anyone who tries to explain technology.

Things your good at: Deception, his powers, seduction, organising his ranks, stealth attacks

Things you suck at: Blood hahah. But seriously, he sucks at technology, science and full frontal attacks.

Preferred Combat Specialization: Usually using his magic and hand to hand combat together.

Magic Abilities:
      Transformation:
      Yes, he can change into a bat.

Bat control:
      He can control all other bats in the vicinity.

Super strength/speed:
      Literally just super strength and speed.

Seduction:
      Can seduce and decieve anyone he desires so long as they are unaware of it happening.

Personal History: Essentially most of the stories you've heard about Dracula are true. Born into a wealthy family he soon became known as Vlad the Impaler. He decapitated his enemies and impaled their heads on a spike to ward of enemies.

How he became Dracula may be a little different to what you have heard. For instance, he wasn't the original vampire. As it turned out, it was his sister that had become a vampire and upon finding this out, he took the blame for her crimes. As time went on she eventually lost control and bit him, making him into the vampire he is now.

Years after the villagers found out and burned down their mansion while his sister was trapped inside. To this day he still holds a grudge against all humans.

How You Came to join Mato/Free: He founded the organisation.

• T.B.A. when they occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this still open?

I admit, I honestly didn't think this was any good. I was half asleep when writing it. Though if you are interested i could put it back up.

Yes I am interested :D

Alright, I've put up what I could remember and made it a little neater. I'll put my characters up in a moment, so feel free to post your own once they're there.

Yo, Happy new year. Just a heads up. My character sheet is almost done. Currently recovering from new year celebrations. Will post it asap

Ooh, happy new year to you also. Feel free to take your time.

this still open? looking for a fresh setting to practice dynamic character development - city of thieves too

They're both still open. Feel free to join whenever.

Shadow-of-War-Mask-of-the-High-King-Appearance.jpg
Name: The Umbra Lord (collective name)
Personal History: The Umbra Lord is made up of a collection of revenants from the Umbra Knight army. The Umbra knights were renowned for their strength due to them possessing a tiny portion of the queen’s powers. Umbra knights were typically identical to one another except for the lieutenants which were revenants from great warriors and leaders of the ages. Notably, the current lieutenants that comprised of the Umbra Lord are Rudlisi, the highest-ranking Umbra Knight within the Umbra lord, Nadalus, an expert of runic magic and Remah, a barbaric warrior with an unquenchable thirst for violence

"We have seen the power of the queen destroy entire civilizations. For generations our people prospered under her reign. Her power allowed us to maintain order and peace. We protected both the human and non-human alike. But then came the rebellion that ended her rule. But with the Queen’s power at our fingertips, we will end all this needless suffering."

Race: Revenants, cursed to inhabit their armor long after death.
Race Description: Revenants were mortals which were not allowed to pass onto the next realm.
Personality:
Rudlisi – A bold and confident leader that seeks to restore the great queen reign once more. He truly believes that the Queen return is for the greater of all, humans and non-humans alike. As such, he has nothing but undying loyalty to the queen’s cause.
Nadalus – A crafty trickster who prefers to take an unorthodox solution to each problem. He does not truly care about the Queen’s cause but instead seeks he resurrection so that he may be restored to his full power.
Rameh – Bloodthirsty and savage, he seeks the thrill of battle and follows only the strongest. He follows Rudlisi for his strength and vision. However, he will not hesitate to challenge his leader’s authority when he shows weakness.

Things your good at: Fighting multiple enemies at once, summoning minions.

Things you suck at: Prolonged combat, Understanding modern etiquette and technology, occasional split personality.

Preferred Combat Specialization: Melee combat with their blades, magic and coordinating attacks with summoned minions.
Magic Abilities:
Manifestation
+ The individual umbra knights can manifest themselves outside the armor for a limited amount of time as phantoms like figures. These figures can attack and use a small fraction of their original power.
Rudilsi
maxresdefault (1).jpg
Nadalus
NazgulSuladan.png
Rameh
Hammerhand-MainPic.png
+ Lesser Umbra knights can be summoned at the cost of some life essence. Unlike other Umbra Knights, they do not have autonomy and act solely based on the orders of the Umbra Knights.
maxresdefault (2).jpg
Lesser domination:
+ Allows domination of lesser beings, making them loyal to the umbra lord for a limited amount of time. Upon domination, the Umbra Lord will also gain the target’s knowledge.
Soul Siphon
+Lesser soul siphon. The Umbra Lord can absorb the life essence of nearby living things to empower and sustain themselves.
Weapon Conjuration:
+ Able to conjure spectral replicas of weapons, such as spears, swords and throwing knives.
How You Came to join Mato/Free: Excavated from a large tomb like structure by members of the free.

Attachments

• isildur.jpg
    isildur.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Doom Spiral
Reactions: Demmy
That is unfortunate. Should you think of one feel free to return.