M.A.R.'s Academy: The Puppeteer and the Dampyr

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aura string glowed with intensity as Alice charged it with magic. She Yanked the string has hard as she could to pull Lucy away from Adonis. Tears rolled down her face as the sight of Lucy getting slashed flashed in her mind over and over. This was all her fault. She sat in the back seat and allowed the pieces to move for her far too long. That was not her. Alice worked alone. She trusted no one and relied on her power. That is why she was standing today.
That was painful. And as Lucifer found himself out of further harms way, he realized.

Adonis had aimed to kill.

This was no longer all about a grudge now. Or some stupid rivalry. Adonis just tried to kill him.

Which meant Alice was in danger.

That was unacceptable.

And as he stared at her construction come to life, time seemed to slow. The pain felt dull and distant, like it happened to someone else. More important to his mind? He saw her face....She was crying. For him? She shouldn't...Crying didn't suit her. He'd rather she looked flirtatious....Content when she clutched him in her sleep, mischievous and grinning when she had an idea that involved him. Adonis made her cry....Or was it him? If he made her cry, he found he'd never forgive himself.

And if Adonis made her cry?

Then he'd never forgive him.

He rose to his feet.

A new wave of pain rocked his body, ignored and only revealed through the sweat on his brow and his paler complexion.

He wasn't done just yet.

------

Adonis laughed aloud, looking at the blood on his blade.

"Yes, yes, yes! This is how it should be! How could I have not have seen it?! This is no place of heroes...It is a den of demons! Those who welcome heretical temptresses and evil folk who pretend to be good at heart. I will purge it all!"

He turned his gaze, his once-handsome features scarred and twisted. Madness lurked in his eyes, anger boiled over in waves as he raised his sword.
. Then 2 Mini W puppets shot of of her box. Both of them wielding swords and clad in armor. Though she was angry she did not shout out. Her hands came out of her cloak and blue lines darted to the puppets. Popping of wood and metal grinding against each other echoed form the puppets as the magic flowed through their gears.

There was no turning back until somebody had paid.
And with evil laughter, he pressed a button on his wrist-device.

With a resounding smash, what looked like a cylinder the size of a man landed from the air before him and as he stepped forward, it split apart....The armor in which he was known for, coming together till a massive white knight-styled mecha ten feet appeared, with a much bigger sword in hand.

Right before it charged.

@Unyielding

(so sorry i thought i responded)

Alice trembled with the giant metal suit dropped from the sky. The Mechins in her world fought using mechanical devices. She always was interested in them but never got around to learning them. Still she knew that they required a magic source to operate. Who knows, maybe this person was the same.

She hid her hands back into her cloak and backed up. The puppets chattered and ran to the suit. The strings which connected to them appeared to faded away. The both raised their swords and lunged at the armored suit.

(so sorry i thought i responded)

Alice trembled with the giant metal suit dropped from the sky. The Mechins in her world fought using mechanical devices. She always was interested in them but never got around to learning them. Still she knew that they required a magic source to operate. Who knows, maybe this person was the same.

She hid her hands back into her cloak and backed up. The puppets chattered and ran to the suit. The strings which connected to them appeared to faded away. The both raised their swords and lunged at the armored suit.
(Oh its alright. I thought this would alert me, my bad.)

Adonis lunged forward, swiping and seeking to strike down the swifter, faster moving puppets. His movements were slower, but that was their only saving grace. One good hit and as a nearby tree found out...

The sound of metal biting wood and the crash of it echoed in the jungle area, Adonis roaring with fury out of his mind.

Before ignoring the puppets to charge for Alice directly. The sword came down and Alice found herself grabbed out of the way, Lucifer back in the fight. His shirt was bloodstained, but otherwise he seemed to bear no scar. A new ability or old one? At any rate, looking at Adonis as he carried Alice out of the way in his arms he spoke.

"We need to hit its mobility. Then if you have anything bigger I can use, I think I can strike the head. Cut the power."

@Unyielding

Alice watched helplessly as her puppets failed survive the powerful blow of Adonis. Those where her strongest puppets. Their armor should have made them durable enough for this extended fight. What was she to do. Rouge had to protect Lucy. She did not bring any more Mini Ws either. She had 2 Mini but they would be useless against the mech. This added to the fact that he moved so fast now. There was no escape. She was done for. As he struck, she closed her eyes.

The sword came down but Alice felt no pain. She opened her eyes and saw that Lucy had saved her. "Lucy?" she called wondering if it was really him. "Lucy... I... I dont think we are to win this. He defeated my strongest puppets in one hit. My only other tool is Rouge but I dont think she can by pass his armor."

When lucy mentioned using something bigger. She clenched her fist. "If i could harvest this magic... I could make a relic that would help us. However it is going to take time."

"We're smarter too."

He said with a cheeky grin before adding.

"Remember when you used your wires on me? Think you can do it again? Except to the puppets to entangle him up?"

He added more somberly as he held up his fist, still encased in the armor she gave him.

"I think I can get him....I just need an opening."

She nodded though she was unsure if she had enough wires. The box on her back flung opened and two Mini As flew out holding her thin physical wires. The roll in the box whined as the wired unraveled. After she was put down, She started running away from the two beings help the puppets spread the wires across a small zone. "When I say now, I need you to get him into my Zone!."

mecha_knight_from_teutonic_order_by_dx8493489-d83fdrx.png

What is a Hero?

Adonis for a long time, thought of himself as one. Back home, he had done things to save his world. He fought dragons, repelled goblin invasions and stopped treasonous men in their quest for domination. People applauded him for it and he responded like a flower to sunlight and water. As he fought, he began to ponder....Why stop there? If dragons were always going to burn and maim whenever new colonies were established near them, better to kill the dragon and her clutch of eggs to prevent more from happening. If Goblins invaded from the earth whenever humans mined and harvested from the earth, far better to gas the whole mine and ensure that no real lives of value were lost.

It was harsh, but sacrifice for greater good was always the right answer. His own sibling wasn't even exempt from it, seeking to overthrow the rightful king. Adonis was proud of his accomplishments and being a hero. Coming to this place, this academy was like a shock.

So much darkness everywhere and tolerated. Wrapped up in pretty packages and lies.

It was unthinkable.

It was intolerable.

He roared and charged.

And Lucifer charged back.

His own blade began to strike out, joints and elbows as he danced around, avoiding the more massive blade as black and white clashed. All to buy time for her.

@Unyielding

With half her wire used up, she jumped back out of her trap. Hopefully it would work though she never thought of using her wires alone as a weapon. It would be a first for her and, if it worked, a new way to adapt to this world. She turned to Lucy was was still holding of the metal knight. "Lucy, Now!" She raised the puppets high into the air and summoned Rouge to stand in the middle of the zone to give her partner a spot to aim for since the wire was nearly invisible to anyone not looking for it.

With half her wire used up, she jumped back out of her trap. Hopefully it would work though she never thought of using her wires alone as a weapon. It would be a first for her and, if it worked, a new way to adapt to this world. She turned to Lucy was was still holding of the metal knight. "Lucy, Now!" She raised the puppets high into the air and summoned Rouge to stand in the middle of the zone to give her partner a spot to aim for since the wire was nearly invisible to anyone not looking for it.
And at once, in perfect synchronicity he did so.

Leaving Adonis in a rage as he tried to charge after....And ended up caught in her trap.

Lucifer skidded to a halt by Rouge as he spun to face him, while holding up his chipped blade in a defensive stance.

Time to see what effect her trap had on this tarnished knight....

@Unyielding

Alice shot one of her aura strings from her ring at the metal knight as he enter the middle of the field. Some of the wires snapped but most of them tangled around his armor dangling effortlessly and waiting to be pulled. She then removed her coil and attacked it to the aura and then reeled it as fast as she could. Within seconds all of the string tighten limited if not straight out stopping the metal knight in his tracks. The strings glowed blue and reinforced to maximum durability. Then Rouge jumped and grabbed the aura string attached to the metal knight and dug her dagger into one of the joints.

Alice's goal was to drain the magic from his metal suit and use it to further fuel the wires. She did not know if it would work but at least she could hold down the knight for a few seconds. It was up to Lucy to finish him off.

Alice shot one of her aura strings from her ring at the metal knight as he enter the middle of the field. Some of the wires snapped but most of them tangled around his armor dangling effortlessly and waiting to be pulled. She then removed her coil and attacked it to the aura and then reeled it as fast as she could. Within seconds all of the string tighten limited if not straight out stopping the metal knight in his tracks. The strings glowed blue and reinforced to maximum durability. Then Rouge jumped and grabbed the aura string attached to the metal knight and dug her dagger into one of the joints.

Alice's goal was to drain the magic from his metal suit and use it to further fuel the wires. She did not know if it would work but at least she could hold down the knight for a few seconds. It was up to Lucy to finish him off.
Against all odds, it worked. Adonis had been running off of rage now, all sense of sanity lost. He rushed into the fight and was paying for it now, suspended by wires before a sharp pain rocketed up his leg as he howled. The wires grew stronger, leeching off his armor and it slowly became dead weight as he sank to his knees.

The sword clattered from his hands as Lucifer ripped off the helmet. Adonis stared back, hate suffusing his features so vividly that Lucifer flinched to see it.

"....Go on then....Kill me. Do it. Do it, you son-of-a-!"

Cut off in midsentence, Lucifer slammed his sword handle into the side of Adonis's temple, knocking him out...It was over...The adrenaline stopped and he realized he was exhausted as he fell over backwards on his ass.

They did it....And Lucifer smiled and slid into unconsciousness.

Five minutes later, thanks to an anonymous tip(a certain cyborg who shall remain nameless), authorities came for all of them.

------

In short, everything turned out well. Adonis was court-martialed, his followers as well. As the news filtered, a lot of people would approach Alice, with apologies heartfelt and sincere as well as outpourings of sympathy for what she went through. Suspicious as a lot were, none would have dreamed of what Adonis tried to do. Lucifer himself...Slept mostly.

In the hospital wing, for several days now. His skin felt cool to the touch and the doctors claimed it to be normal. He was undergoing transformation and one day, as Alice visited him, she would be visited in turn by another.

"May I sit with you?"

A hooded man with a staff, he smiled kindly.

@Unyielding

Inside of Lucy's room, Alice looked over her friend while tinkering with her new doll. That last fight proved how powerless her puppets were for combat in this world. They required too much set up and a lot of research on her target. Two things she could not get at the Academy. Her only reliable creation who be her doll but she only one because of he lack of magic. However, at the end of that fight, she discovered how to collect magic. Her popularity went up and everybody wanted to suddenly talk to her. It was weird and annoy at times. She was a busy person after all but she did not hate it. It was almost nice.

Lost in thought, a hooded man appeared and asked to sit with her. She looked over to him but did not turned her head. Dropping the doll head into her box, she made her decision, "Take a seat, though I can't promise a interesting performance."

Status
Not open for further replies.