FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
maid /mād/ noun, a female domestic servant.

There are many ways to serve someone and service never means the same thing to two people. Servitude is a fickle matter that is measured in different degrees. To some servitude means going to a nine to five. Others find a deeper emotional resonance with the word "servant." A mother might see herself as a servant to her children's whims - sacrificing parts of herself for their well-being; however, one can go a level deeper. Some will slay others in service to another.

Servitude.Sacrifice.Slay

These three words are the motto of Her Majesty's Assault/Intelligence Division (M.A/I.D). A bloodline of maids dating back to before Christ walked the Earth. Always loyal and always deadly. However, they have not always went by the acronym M.A/I.D and have a much darker origin. Regardless of their genesis, it is evident that they have drifted throughout the shadows of history always acting in service to several influential figures. Not once were they asked to question why they served, nor did they care to. Service was all they knew. Typically, new maid candidates would be plucked from desperate situations. Need money? Sell us your daughter. Orphan? Come with us. Homeless? It's okay, we have somewhere warm you can stay.

The triple-s motto of M.A/I.D defines the three facets of their day to day existence. Servitude the majority of a member of M.A/I.D's activities. Whatever influential figure the Shadow Queen deemed worthy of M.A/I.D is subject to having most of their daily needs attended to. These include: cooking, cleaning, shopping, security, and other miscellaneous chores. Additionally, if push comes to shove, a member of M.A/I.D is expected to sacrifice them-self for their masters continued existence. Yet, sacrifice can take many forms. A M.A/I.D is expected to sacrifice both body and mind. Whether it be jumping in front of a bullet or losing ones humanity - sacrifice is sacrifice. Finally, and what really makes a member of M.A/I.D separate from their non-acronymed counterpart is the act of slaying. Prior to being dubbed as M.A/I.D during the second world-war, members focused on more deceptive forms of slaughter. Poison, traps, daggers in the back, psychological warfare, and all manners of low-handed dirty methods. A new form of warfare and a changing world spurred M.A/I.D to adopt more active roles in combat. In-addition to the methods of old, now members of M.A/I.D are expected to be proficient marksmen and martial artists.

How might these combative-maids be used? Historically, they have been used to kill rivals of influential figures in underhanded and quiet methods. Now-days, depending on who they are in service to, they have become a mysterious force of active-enforcers. Local rebellions, drug operations, terrorists, opposing political parties, and even more have become subject to the wrath of M.A/I.D. Despite their effectiveness, M.A/I.D will not last without change.

Slowly and gently M.A/I.D has begun to fall apart. Competent, loyal, and capable candidates were becoming increasingly more challenging to find. Even with the authority of kings, queens, presidents, dictator, or tsar candidates were simply not what they use to be. The new world of this "Information-Age" values ones individuality over infallible service. How can you ask someone to give up their own aspirations and dreams? Simple, you don't give them a choice.

You have lived your entire life unaware of your origins. You were placed into a false home with a false family. You had a normal childhood. You are normal. But what was inside you altered everything. In an effort to preserve M.A/I.D, vat-grown girls were placed into families loyal to the Shadow-Queen. These girls were given normal childhoods, but they did not know that the learning institution they were sent to at the age of sixteen would be a one-way trip.

Maidsong Girls Academy

On your first day, you were injected with a "vaccine." From that day forward, despite your individuality, you would live and die as a maid. This injection contained an unknown chemical that generated a psychic bond between you and other vat-grown girls with this specific injection. A forced sisterhood and an infallible service. From that day on you learned everything from how to pour tea to how one can calculate the drop of a bullet over a prolonged distance. It all seemed so... natural? All of this strange education seemed right - as if you had done before. You are part of team-six who are nearing the end of their apprenticeship. A final test awaits, but something has gone terribly wrong. Those drugs come with a particular side-effect.

You begin to see something unseen lurking beneath the Earth's service.

Something dark...

Something terrible...

The Shadow Queen, with this knowledge, has initiated a new decree.

Our Service To Humanity

Team six are the most promising of the maid-candidates. Proficient in both service and combat. Rather than being assigned to one of the Earths many leaders, the Shadow Queen has decreed they become her personal maids in reaction to the unspeakable darkness brewing beneath the Earths surface. You are now on your way to meet with your new master to fulfill her decree: "Our service to humanity."

What is beneath the surface? What dark horror awaits? Why are we seeing these things? What is the origin of M.A/I.D?

You might have these questions. Maybe you will get answers. Never forget that service comes first.

S.S.S

What is this RP: You will roleplay being part of an organization that distributes teams of combat-trained maids to influential people. The reason for this is not known; however, it can be assumed their is an ulterior motive. You are part of a new generation of maids who were given a drug to promote sisterhood and servitude. This drug has a latter side-effect that causes those with it to begin to "detect" an unimaginable horror lurking beneath the Earth's surface.

What technological level is this: Current-day technological level with pieces of highly-advanced technology rarely present.

Is there a supernatural element: I intentionally left this vague. The unimaginable evil lurking beneath the Earth's surface may or may not be supernatural. It might not even exist.

Is this all female: Yes and no, all of the maids (who will be the core-cast) will be female. However, if someone wants to join as a male character and can provide a solid reason then go-ahead.

What activity level do you want: I would like to shoot for a post or more every week. Although, more posts the better.

What literacy level: Semi-lit, I would like to shoot for a solid paragraph every post. Please avoid one-liners.

NOTE: "M.A/I.D" is used as a broad term for an organization that has gone by multiple-aliases throughout history. Three distinct generations exist of M.A/I.D with the first two generations having no recorded name. For the sake of convenience, these two separate generations from the current name will be referenced as "Gen. 1" and "Gen. 2."

1191 B.C.E: The first recorded instance of Gen. 1 in service to the female Egyptian Pharaoh Twosret. During the subsequent Egyptian civil war at the end of Twosret's reign Gen. 1 acted as spies and assassins.

901 B.C.E: Towards the end of the Greek Dark Ages Gen. 1 officially finds themselves in service to an unnamed Greek Scholar.

Circa 800 B.C.E - 100 B.C.E: During this time period any records alluding to Gen. 1 having a presence in the Mediterranean region are not present. Instead, many records from Asian regions allude to "Fair-skinned female servants." These records have been found spanning from India to eastern-China.

Circa 50 B.C.E: A "spice" of unknown composition begins to circulate in Greek aristocratic-circles. Accompanying this spice was Gen. 1 in service to Greece at this time. It appears that this spice allowed the aristocracy to perceive the rise and fall of several great empires.

37 B.C.E: In-conjunction with the foundation of Roman Empire, Gen. 1 splits into two separate groups for an unknown reason. This is the first mention of a "Shadow Queen." It appears that one of the two newly formed groups was led by this Shadow Queen.

2 B.C.E: The Shadow Queen has either eliminated or absorbed the opposing forces of Gen. 1. Although, Gen. 2 does not appear until nearly a millennia afterwards.

33 C.E: Christ is crucified. The Shadow Queen is present at the crucifixion (Or so the latter Shadow Queen claims). From this date to 1111 C.E. no more records of "M.A/I.D" activity is known.

410 C.E: Rome is sacked by the Visigoths. Following this incident, the Visigoths acquire approximately 100 lbs worth of an unknown spice. Some attribute this spice to viking "berserkers."

1111 C.E: Henry the V is crowned the Holy Roman Emperor. He employs a retinue of female servants that remain in service to the English crown until 1936 C.E. This is the start of Gen. 2.

1533 C.E: Queen Elizabeth the first is born. A close retinue of female servants remain at her side throughout her life. Some theorize she was the Shadow Queen during her lifetime.

1609 C.E: Shakespeare stages his first performance of Hamlet. A single document exists attributing his inspiration for "Ophelia" stemming from a queens servant gone mad due to a peculiar spice years before.

1775-1783 C.E: English sent "maids" serving the crown unsuccessfully attempt to quell the American rebels. This is the first record of "M.A/I.D" donning their standardized maid uniform.

1814 C.E: A group of maids infiltrate the White House and subsequently participate in the burning of Washington.

1865 C.E: In an unremarkable diary written by an anonymous individual, it is noted that during the night of Abraham Lincoln's assassination an inordinate amount of maids were present in the theater (Make of this what you will).

1936 C.E: Tensions in Europe cause MI6 to utilize every resource to better prepare them for the coming war. This is when the British Parliament (confidentially) founded M.A/I.D to combat the coming Nazi Threat.

1939 - 1945 C.E: Odd reports of "combat-maids" begin to circulate. It is important to note that sometime during WW2 a number of these maids appeared to be fighting for the Nazi regime.

1946 C.E: The Shadow Queen declares that her organization is now independent from the English Government. M.A/I.D begins distributing their affiliates to many influential figures.

2000 C.E: The Maidsong academy is founded in British Columbia. Work begins on creating a new generation of loyal maids.

2001 - 2019 C.E: A rising level of quakes at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean are measured at a systematic and increasing rate.

2021 C.E: The Frill Corp. appears seemingly over night. It is the primary beneficiary behind maidsong academy. No-one knows where or how they suddenly "fell" into the public mind.

2025 C.E (CURRENT YEAR): The current generation of M.A/I.D begin to see a growing darkness beneath the Earths surface. The shadow queen pulls team-six into her personal service.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcy
Ooh, this looks cool.

Reactions: SadistPoet
Ooh, this looks cool.
Thanks for the interest. I will be expanding upon the lore in the coming days.

Just a quick note to anyone looking at this thread. I am looking for 4-6 players for this RP (not including myself) at first with the potential to add more.

This looks SUPER damn interesting - the several layers of ambiguity especially grabs the attention like nothing else.

If I could ask a question, how 'action' focused do you see this RP being? I assume action/combat will be a pretty big factor, but will there be elements of down time between the more momentous moments?

This looks SUPER damn interesting - the several layers of ambiguity especially grabs the attention like nothing else.

If I could ask a question, how 'action' focused do you see this RP being? I assume action/combat will be a pretty big factor, but will there be elements of down time between the more momentous moments?
I was planning for the RP to have a heavy focus on espionage, intelligence gathering, and detective work. Action and combat scenes will be quick and lethal to better resemble the pseudo-realistic vibe I am going for.

What the ultimate goal is for the RP to be about self-discovery/revelations about the world around our characters.

Edit: I forgot to specify that there will be moments of down-time with no posting restriction so people can RP together and form relationships between their characters.

Reactions: Ariel and Baddamobs
I am still looking for interested members for this RP.

Reactions: Baddamobs
It's certainly been a while since I did a group RP, but this has caught my eyes. I am interested in this!

I love the concept! Any ideas for a co-GM?
A co-gm would be nice. Pm me about it. I will boot up the ooc tomorrow and character sheets. I think this is just about enough interest, but I will keep it open for now.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: marcy
what happened? this seemed interesting :(

Notice the strike through/line through SadisticPoet's name; it means, unfortunately, that the account has been shut down. I couldn't even begin to guess the why of it, but it means the account is not active, thus he's no longer on the website.

I guess if we really want to see the idea come to fruition, we could make an RP that's in a spiritual sense similar to this concept (we'd obviously need make sure it wasn't just a straight copy, since it remains his idea/property even if he's not active on the site) in a new thread

There were allegations of some really skeevy things going on, which is why I pulled out of his games. Whatever the truth of it I wasn't comfortable being involved.

I'd be willing to put together some kind of similar game, can tag you in if you're interested when I put it up.

Reactions: Baddamobs