2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Modern, Slice of Life, Omegaverse, etc
I like asking people this and seeing what they say. But when you listen to music what do you tend to focus on more? The lyrics or the beat of music? For me I've always paid more attention to the beat, less so to the lyrics. If a song doesn't have a beat I like I can't get into it. But it has lead to awkward situations where I didn't pay attention to the lyrics and when showing someone the song I find out they're hyper sexual or fucked up 😂

• Love
Reactions: Diana
Only if I like the overall sound will I pay any mind to the lyrics, then determine whether or not the song is suitable.

Reactions: Sorrelfur
I'm a beat first, lyrics second kinda person. If the beat doesn't catch my interest, then there's no hope I'll like the song even if it has the prettiest lyrics. I usually end up listening to a song at least 5 times before I pay any attention to lyrics honestly

I don't care about the beat or the lyrics if the melody is good. I love instrumentals and those are wordless! But I could also listen to a nonsense song all day if it tickles my eardrums.

WHERE'S THE OPTION THAT SAYS BOTH >:[

I went with beat cause it's always the sound that hooks me first, and then the lyrics come into play cause I do care about lyrics and they'll often make a difference. O:

The beat can be a good hook, but I focus on the lyrics mainly. There is great artistry in writing lyrics. Sometimes the artist doesn't have a choice in what the beat is. Sometimes the artist makes a cacophonic beat on purpose so as to accentuate the lyrics. That is why I get frustrated with heavy metal as I usually can't hear the words (I have to look up the lyrics).

I think people miss out on the fun of analyzing lyrics, especially those that wear the cloak of seeming overly peppy from the beat alone. (ex. Grimes) Also good lyrics can be transformed when another artist covers them (ex. Johnny Cash's cover of NIN's Hurt) as well as creative re-mixes.

WHERE'S THE OPTION THAT SAYS BOTH >:[

I went with beat cause it's always the sound that hooks me first, and then the lyrics come into play cause I do care about lyrics and they'll often make a difference. O:
I ADDED IT FOR YOUUUUU

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana