Lyrics Behind the Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chef Baby95

Original poster
The applause rings in my ears once in done with me set and I blow a kiss. "You've all been an amazing audience! Thank you, thanks you, thank you!" I called and ran off as they continued to cheer and laid on the couch, panting and smiling with the adrenaline rush. This wasn't a dream- this was my life.

I'm currently on your, and your band got somehow signed on and involved a quarter of the way through the tour and now for the bast two months we've been touring and sharing a bus together. Believe it or not your involvement kicked my bassist out of the bus with me. Thanks.

My name's Mandi- I keep it that way. My band is called Up All Night. We got signed two years ago with a record deal and this is our third tour. And let me just say with you on board- it'll be the most interesting yet.

"You may not believe me when I tell you that the reason I even started playing was because I saw your band when you first started out, and I wanted to be a part of it. Now, here I am, your guitarist, and just because I found out what was going on with that other company, Joey got kicked off the bus. I'm sorry for all the trouble, Mandi. You do so well up there on stage, but all I do is drag you down."
Victor looked at his feet, unable to face her, his long, blonde hair hiding his face as it welled with tears, the sorrow in his voice easily apparent.

Mandi looked up from her face in the couch and sighed, closing her eyes, still trying to catch her breath. "This is the like, tenth time you've apologized. Just stop okay?" she said and sat up, brushing her hair back, but finding it useless since it only reached her shoulders. "Victor, you're kissing up to me aren't you?" she asked in a bit of a teasing tone and laughed. "Lighten up, you know I'm chill."

"I know, but we haven't been able to find anyone to replace him. The last three gigs we've played just had you, me, and a few people we one-shotted, and it's hard to find anyone willing to join up that's really good and that we can get along with. Honestly, I'm not kissing up, but I wouldn't mind kissing you. I mean, you're talented, beautiful, graceful, sweet, caring, understanding. I still don't know why you still let me be around you, even after all this time. I mean, there were plenty of people during those auditions that played much better than I did, so why'd you choose me?"

Despite his tired state, he knew that she must be even more exhausted, yet he decided it best to tell her why he felt the way he did with a song, hoping it may help her relax, as well as get a few things off his chest more easily.

"I'm self-taught and barely know how to play.
Every time I try to sing with you, it's like comparing the lights of night and day.
I write songs for you, but I don't know what to do, because I always feel that I get in your way.
If you can just tell me what to do, to make up for all I've done, I'll keep on striving, to be someone that you can put your trust and faith in, 'cause you're someone worth breakin' my heart over, over and over again.
I try to take what we do, and make every song I write bring out the best in you, but every time I try to sing, I get wrapped up in all kinds of feelings that seem to show me what I want, but if I tried to pull such a stunt, you'd prob'ly hate me for it for sure, and then I wouldn't be allowed to play with you anymore.
So let me tell you honestly, that you really mean so much to me, and when you smile, it dives me wild, because I love you, no matter how much everything tells me not to, and all I want is for you to be happy, instead of layin' there feelin' crappy.
I wanna do what I can for you, because just being around you has done so much for me."

Victor set his guitar aside, looking into her eyes to prove that all he sang about was truly how he felt. He then quickly looked away, afraid to see what kind of changes he'd see in her expression, hiding his face once again behind his hair, as he lay on his side and rolled over, facing from her, partly out of fear, partly out of embarrassment.

Last edited:
She looked at him, pure surprise on her face. She had never thought of any of this like that and didn't exactly expect a song to be sung about it. "Victor I- I like having you around me. And don't give me that crap you can't play, that's why a picked you. Those other people were- superficial and fake and you know I don't like that. I was real artists, real musicians who'll work at it and continue to try and better themselves. THAT'S why I chose you. You of all people should know there's a method to my madness sometimes." she chuckled a bit and then looked away herself, playing with her lip ring.

"Victor, please don't hide your face from me...." she said softly and looked at him again, trying to keep her gaze gentle. "'Please, I'm not a scary person."

Victor rolled over, his hair stuck to his face as tears streamed down it, making his vision hazy, but letting him finally be able to tell her why he'd done what he'd done.

"I'd never be afraid of you, but I'm afraid of what I just admitted to you. I love you like I've never loved anyone else, and yet, I'm afraid that my love will only hold you back from your true potential. You have a great future ahead of you, but I don't want to lose you to fortune and fame, so I'm afraid I might do something about it later on that could cause you to lose your chance at a life you deserve. I just want you to be happy, I don't care what happens to me. We've been together for years now, and I'm just now telling you how I feel because I've been considering finding a replacement who wouldn't hold you back from your ascention into the halls of fame, where you'd be safe and secure, and wouldn't have to worry about little guys like me.
You have so much potential, you just haven't been able to bring it all out with me around. I've seen you at your worst, and heard you at your best, and I know that you can be so much more than you may seem to be,"

After calming himself a bit, he got to his feet and walked over to her before wrapping his arms around her, leaning closer to her to look deep into her eyes, his own now red, but calm.

"What the hell are you talking about!? You don't get it- I'm at my best with you around…" she protested, her fave forming a frown and her eyes turning a bit angry. "What makes you think you're holding me back Victor? You aren't, you help me be at my best I don't want anyone else up there with me! You're my best friend, the one person I can talk to- like really talk to when we're on tour and I know I can trust you. You have no idea how much you help me every day." She contined, her gaze slowly softening.

"Without you here is be a mess every single damn day if these tours, I'd be going out and doing what I shouldn't instead of staying in and being with you. Watching movies and laughing, resting myself and resting my voice. Victor I won't let you leave me no matter how much you want to." She said, her voice sounding determined yet tired.

Victor held her tighter as he pressed his lips against her's hoping that she didn't regret the things she'd just said later on. As he gently pulled away from her, he brushed a small clump of hair out of her eyes, gently stroking her cheek as he gazed into her eyes once more.

"Do you really think I'd want to leave? Do you think I'd want to let someone else be with you? No, I don't want either of those things. If you're gonna be so obstinate about me sticking around, then I think I can give you this."

Walking over to his lucky guitar, he gently reached inside its hole and pulled out a box covered in black leather, gently rolling it over in his hand before kneeling in front of her as he opened it to reveal a diamond ring with text etched along it's outer side, as well as it's inner, yet in the box both were covered, the diamond itself having a similar shape to a music note.

"Do you remember six months ago, when I last played my old guitar, and you asked why it sounded off? This was the reason. I'd been saving up some money for a while now to get it customly made. You've done so much for me, so I've decided that I'm going to spend the rest of my life doing whatever I can to make you happy. The ring has the first part of the chorus of the first song we wrote together: 'By this Love we are bound, Forever, You and I.' I love you with all of my heart, and I only ever want to make you happy, so would you do me the honor of being my bride?"

Mandi looked at him, her mouth dropping as she stared at the ring and finally it began to sink in what was happening. She took the ring and pulled it out of the case gently, still staring at it. "You got the right size- right?" She asked and her eyes flicked up to his. "What are you doing idiot? Put this thing on my finger!" She laughed and handed it back to him with a smile.

He should've known she wouldn't have done this the traditional way. Crying and such. It's Mandi, she does nothing in the traditional way considering she has so many tattoos and a nose ring as well as a lip ring. She was everything but ordinary in almost everything she did. Maybe that's why she was famous enough now to be on tour.

Sliding the ring onto her finger, Victor once again drew her into a kiss, overjoyed by her answer.
"You've always been so different, so unique, yet I've always loved you for that. Do you want to set a date now, or see what happens after the tour? Or would you prefer to- ...Um...unless you would want to wait on that?"
His face was plastered with a big, goofy grin, yet it was a beat red as he realized that he was leaning over her, his breath shallow, yet his eyes full of longing.

"We're done with the tour in two months. Let's wait. Get our bearing and figure things out." She smiled and placed her hand on his cheek. "Victor, breathe." She laughed as leaned her forehead against his. Closing her eyes and sighed, relaxing. "I have to go shower and head to the bus to sleep alright?" She said and leaned back on the couch. "And I love you too…" Mandi added softly.

Victor's smile grew as he gently placed his hand over her's, allowing her to slide it free before she touch her forhead to his, the wamrth of her skin calming him, yet the shine of her eyes causing his heart to beat faster. "Oh, that's right, we've got another gig tomorrow. Mind if I join you?" he asked playfully, wrapping his arms around her.

"When did I ever say no?" She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Come on I'm exhausted and gross. She chuckled and slid out of his grasp, getting up and stretching before turning to him with a smile.

"When did I ever ask?" he returned with a wink, adding to it as he stuck out his long tongue, "You may be exhausted, but you're never gross. Heck, if you feel dirty, I could try lickin' you clean."
As he finished, he got to his feet and lifted her up in his arms taking three steps before stopping and looking around.
"Um...which way to the showers?"

"You idiot." She teased and kissed him. "Other direction silly, and you better not lick me clean." She warned but laughed with it as she looked at him, brushing his long hair back. She rolled her eyes and shook her head but kept her gaze soft.

Doing a 180, he eventually found the showers, carrying her in with him before setting her down and holding her against him, slowly sliding his hands up her sides as he began removing her shirt, gently biting her neck, as his hands moved higher and higher until they found her brasier, which he slowly unlatched before gently running his fingers down her spine and kissing her once more.

She giggled a bit and kissed him back once he pulled away from her neck. "You're usually never this eager..." she said in between kisses and laughed against his lips as she leaned against him was an interesting change of pace, he was always so gentle with her. But this- this was nice, showing this side of himself was a bit refreshing actually.

"Because last time I was afraid to go too far." he replied, calmly, a mischievious grin spreading across his face, "This time, I'm not gonna run away. If you're gonna be stuck with me, I might as well show you all of me." As his hands went farther down her body, resting on her hips, he began to lick her neck, down her shoulder, and stopped before reaching her chest. "Well, let's get this out of the way." he said as he tried to remove her upper clothes with his left hand, and her lower with his right, seeming to have quite a bit of trouble.

"Victor, Victor- let me do it. I'll be able to get it off twice as fast." she laughed and shook her head at him, a smile on her lips as she pulled off her clothes herself then found herself pulling at his, trying to get them off herself. He was afraid he'd go too far? He really seemed to care, which was new she always used to hook up with anyone on tour before he came along.

"Just so you know, I do know about you tour 'training sessions', but what's in the past is in the past. I want to look forward to our future together. It may be true that I've been your 'training partner' since I joined up, but you're the only woman I've ever been with, and the only one I ever intend to be with. You're only a bit older than me, yet I always felt this void between us. Even after my infatuation turned to hatred, and my hatred turned into full-blown love, I never thought I'd be able to break free of my chain to show you how I feel, yet today, I'm gonna make you see what I'm like when I truly get to taste this sexy body of yours instead of merely being ridden by it."
Tossing his clothes aside, Victor coiled his tongue around hers, doing his best to show her that he'd learned from what she'd taught him, touching the places he knew she was most sensitive, and tasting others after setting her tongue free.

Status
Not open for further replies.