Lycanthrope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I stake claim to a female character. I am horrible at playing males.

Sounds good. Can't wait to get this started.

Yeah, about that. Been having a bit of writers block, the plot is all down but actually putting it to paper is proving to be an aggravation. Don't worry though, I'll have the OOC up soon.

I have added Sir Pinkleton as a Co-Gm, I ask everyone to respect him.

Interested.

Will find time sometime today to read through all the posts and see what's what.

Welcome aboard Windsong. I have a link to the OOC on the first page of this interest check, sorry for the wait guys and gals. or you could just use this one.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
I'll post a character in a bit. I need to find pictures that will be suitable.

Hi everyone, looks like I'm your new co-GM! I'll try to be fair and keep things cool. I'm currently working with Sammael, coming up with new ideas and things to have in the roleplay to make it more immersive and detailed for you guys.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, then!

If I can ask, why have this RP set in the 1990's? I mean, well, I was born in 1993, I'm probably going to make some mistakes trying to fit the setting.

Good luck, then!

If I can ask, why have this RP set in the 1990's? I mean, well, I was born in 1993, I'm probably going to make some mistakes trying to fit the setting.
  • No one really had cell phones
  • Computers were for office work
  • Pagers were the big thing
  • No internet or Google yet
  • Likely more conservative views
  • 24/7 stores are almost nonexistent
  • Gas is under a dollar!
That's off the top of my head. Just imagine the world without Internet and it's not much different.

• Useful
Reactions: Kazama
Okay, got it! I suspected it was something like the lack of social media and other tools that could endanger the werewolves' secret.

• No one really had cell phones
  • Computers were for office work
  • Pagers were the big thing
  • No internet or Google yet
  • Likely more conservative views
  • 24/7 stores are almost nonexistent
  • Gas is under a dollar!
That's off the top of my head. Just imagine the world without Internet and it's not much different.
You're pretty much right on the money with what went on in the 90's. The time was also chosen to establish a tone with the roleplay and encourage the feel of a sleepy town. It give the city of Immowakee more of a rustic, isolated, small town feel that wouldn't be as prominent if everyone had smartphones and Googled everything. We also went with a past decade to reinforce that old monster movie lining the roleplay has. We could've gone older, but the 1990's were a good mix of old school and new ideas.

Besides, don't you want to be able to rent VHS tapes?

Question: wasn't sure if this belonged here it in the OOC. Didn't want to clog that up when character sheets are going to be up.

What is the stance on an unaffiliated wolf living in the town? No family ties to the others.

Question: wasn't sure if this belonged here it in the OOC. Didn't want to clog that up when character sheets are going to be up.

What is the stance on an unaffiliated wolf living in the town? No family ties to the others.
They would be viewed with a lot of distrust. Many families would not like it, and some may take measures against you. A lone wolf wondering into town without ties to any family would more than likely be picked up by the Sheriff. The Sheriff wouldn't harm you, but he would be damn sure you understood the do's and don'ts of the Town. Lets say for example you were simply looking for work, then you would be allowed to stay so long as you didn't mind being watched all hours of the day and night.

• Thank You
However, if an unaffiliated person lived in the town long enough, the community would grow to trust them. Distrust comes first, but after a few years of good behavior and quiet living; they'd become more and more of a trusted member.

Sounds about right what I had in mind though probably should've given more detail.

Someone who's lived in the town for a decent portion of their life but doesn't have ties beyond community to the families? Only thing I'm having any problems coming up with is a profession for them besides a waitress..

Edit: Care to explain the rating, @Sir Pinkleton , is it not a legitimate question?

A waitress isn't a bad idea. No small town is complete without a 50's style diner.

If a character has lived there unaffiliated long enough, people will become friendlier. The families aren't always at each other's throats, just the less well-adjusted ones. Most are pretty civil to each other and unaffiliated who've been here long enough.

Alternatively, your character can be the child of someone who had already lived there, but had no connection to the big families. This way you're not in a family pack, but you're trusted because of a parent.

@Windsong come on, a waitress? Why not be a dispatcher at the local sheriffs office? You know the one you call for an emergency but keeps you on the line to talk about trivial things for half an hour?

The city itself is a tourist city, so you could work at a hotel, the ski resort, the aquarium, the National State Park is just a few miles from the city so you could work there. The list goes on.

50's style is always a hit with locals and tourists alike.

Probably gonna go with the offspring of a resident then. Will give me plenty to work on then.

Still doesn't explain the rating. Grammar and spelling aren't that bad, are they?

@Sammael9216 Fine. >:(
I'll roll with the plucky dispatcher at the little sheriffs office.

Gawsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.