Lux Tenebris - The Light of Darkness OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's beautiful. Thank you for replying - I should have a character in the works tonight, due for completion by Sunday. <3

Name: Wick

Apparent Age: Old enough to be considered an adult - she's reminiscent of a person in their late teens.

Nation of Origin: Ignis

Type: Candlelight

Appearance: Wick is a short creature, coming up to the elbows of her tallest brother, the smallest in her family, and she's built in a way that she can slide through almost any gap. With hardly any meat to claim, some may stake that she lacks the curves to be a good woman, but that's okay by her, an honest preference because it gives her room to move. She has fat cheeks and large eyes, and even lips that she keeps closed when she smiles. Her hands are calloused and rough, although they prove nimble and quick at weaving, threading, and cutting; she uses them in almost every task she commits to, and she's been told more often than not that she has a nice touch, a warm one.

Although one among many siblings and plenty of girls to be with, Wick dresses like a man if not solely for the sake of practicality. She enjoys her vests with their many pockets and her breeches n' boots, and she opts to wear shirts with sleeves long enough to roll up. Her hair's a wavy mess of coarse blonde hair the shade of morning light, and she typically wears it back in braids, figuring it too much a hassle to let loose.

Personality: A quiet young woman with a penchant for observation, Wick is of few words and more action than none. She's terse, useful, and loyal, content with her lot and an unspoken sort of playful, known as a good keeper of secrets by even the most trouble making of her brothers. Somewhere in the core of her being is an aspiration to carry the same exuberance as her oldest brother, Jack, a flame of a man who can guide conversation with ease, and garner even the toughest smile to peel before him -- but she's easy to terrify, easily cowed by large crowds and booming voices. Some would remark that she's a timid sort, and she won't claim otherwise, too busy with being busy to really care. The girl's an early bird, the first to rise and the first to fall, the mender in her family's lot.

Background: Wick was one among the many born into her family, the first girl after her several brothers, and she depended on them from a young age to show her what was right. The memories of her creation, her parents, the coherent forces of her conception, they're heavy with clouds, and she had - has, for a long time now - forgotten what it was that inspired her life. But did it matter? Does it matter? With her brothers, Jack, Vit, and Moore to pull her though, she never had to worry about those things. They pursued the hunt and she worked their clothes to keep them fit for battle. That was the exchange, and eventually she found a mentor for her trade, someone to teach her proper the skills and tools of sewing and needlecraft.

How the others came about, her little brothers and sisters, she wasn't sure; had they come off the street? Had her brothers found them and took them in, creating life out of an already busy hovel? Wick can't recall, occupying herself with work, tasking herself with keeping their affairs in order with the help of Vit; their 'home,' in that their family, was a hearth in and of itself, and they brought stories to their nomadic sprawl, and laughter too. They were, are, good at that, and Wick will always be the first to boast how proud she is of her brothers and sisters.

It all comes to the present, the here and now, and the young woman's hand at clothwork and mending has brought her some fair prestige, and now that she's not at the beck and call of her mentor, she can bring in sufficient income and bartering to supply her family with better things.

Yaaaaay! Looks good, Ceri!

Like Yuuka, I wish to watch this RP. I've read the extensive information about the Elynes and I have to say, I've fallen head-over-heels in love with the world you created.

Sadly, I already have my hands full. Best of luck to this RP~

@Serran Aww. That's alright and totally understandable. If you do ever have some time freed up, feel free to join in! The way the plot of Lux Tenebris is structured makes it very conducive to people joining whenever.

This is actually my third attempt at running this RP. Hopefully it actually takes off this time.

I'll be a watcher, simply because the length requirement scares me. ;~;

I can see that a lot of work and care went into the creation of this RP. The lore is absolutely amazing. Such a shame that it appears to be dead before it even got a chance to live.

I doubt it's dead. XD. We're only really waiting on a few more people to join before I launch the IC thread.

@HoldMeCloser @Ceridwyn @SapphireInk You are all still interested, right?

This world you have created is simply gorgeous! The waning light and the looming darkness; the blithe Elynians and the impending Tenebrae, this such an alluring world that I refuse to let pass me! I would love to join! In fact, I will be starting my character sheet soon :)

Congratulations, you've gotten another watcher :P

I may join a bit later on. You did say that its possible for people to jump in at any time, yes?

Yes indeed, that is the case. *nods*

Name: Coventina

Apparent Age: This odd child appears to still have a youthful glow about her, similar to those in their early twenties.

Nation of Origin: Lune

Type: Crimson

Appearance: Coils upon coils of crimson hair spew from the dark scalp of the Elynian. Like an erupting volcano where her hair serves as lava and her skin as the charred surface of the rocky terrain, the ringlets of crimson fall down her tall figure residing at the small of her back. However, unlike an active volcano, the lava-like curls that snake down her body are littered with silvery streaks, as if liquid silver had been poured in the wild and dangerous flow of magma. Similarly, her round eyes that sat prominently above full cheeks, a small nose and her crooked smile that held small curious fangs gleamed with a scarlet twinkle and silver glimmer. The flecks that swam in the blood-red pools that resided in her eye sockets were like iron rocks shining bright against the intimidating color.

Though aside from her features that seem to be burning with a passion for life, Coventina bears skin that is stained with a throbbing sense of lifelessness. As dark as a raven's plumes, her skin begins to give way to markings that glow an erie red. Intricate and beautiful designs, these markings are, as they take their place etched upon the shadowy canvass known as this Elynian's skin. The dull glow of these designs start at the tips of her fingers and vine themselves up to her forearm like gloves. Her inky colored skin peeks out behind these designs but the faint glow of them draws the attention away from it. Only on her arms do these designs reside. No where else on her towering stature would one find the beautiful designs that she tries so desperately to cover up.

Dull grey trousers secure the lower half of this Elynian as knee-high silver boots clad her feet. A silver, thick, utility-like belt straps itself to Coventina's hips and bulges with pockets all away around the belt. The pockets are usually filled with various igneous rocks that she had gotten into a habit of wearing silver suspenders to hold it up. Now, like her pants, her shirt is also died the a dull grey. What clads the upper half of her body is a thick fabric shirt that is collared and only covers everything above her waist. Her midriff is bare though that is one of the few places that are. Her shirt gives way to puffy sleeves that covers the skin above the intricate markings on her arms, though, black fingerless gloves shoot up her arm and cover the engravings that glowed red.

Personality: Patience is a virtue, luckily it was a virtue that this Elynain doesn't just have but holds a deep respect for. Patiences, Coventina believed, is the door to one's heart. Just like eyes are supposedly a window to one's soul, Coventina strongly thought that there also has to be a door or passageway to one's heart. Though most of her beliefs are skewed and contradicting, truly silly little things, they were well protected by their created. From spontaneous curiosity to the gnawing hunger that ravished for results to the stealthy and fabricated way the results works its way into a philosophical idea to the adoption of idea that would begin to become morphed into a belief or superstition, her sharp tongue that splices with wit serve as a weapon to defend the delicate and capricious ideas of this blithe young creature.

Background: The lively marble wall around the city of Allune, the blooming Moondrops in Silver Hills, the glimmer of far off lanterns keeping a steady rhythm as they make their way down a river, and the grand Excalibur, the Tower of Night, that lights the furthest reaches of Lune are all visible among the knit community that the Elynian had always known. The small town located near the border between Ignis and Lune witnesses the stunning radiance that their nation emits, though there is a small lament pang that stirs in the town built to welcome and lodge travelers. This subtle remorse is what shadows the beauty and the far off view of Lune; knowing that there is such beauty in the word and the center of its origins must be so far away. However, many of the artists that reside in the small town find inspiration in the disseminating beauty and creates legendary works of art from the stimulus view. This isn't the case for Coventina, however.

Beauty, Coventina believed, is in language. Rhetoric and emotion holds the brightest beauty whereas grand visuals leak beauty. Of course, there would always be beauty in materialized things, but pure and legendary beauty came from the hearts that people speak - this was where she would find her inspiration. This notion had always been a strong belief of hers that never ceased to accompany the rhythmic chime of hard work that had been a highly valued proposition more than any of her other silly values. The values that she began to tote everywhere always started out as small philosophical ideas swarming in her head that would later become a belief or a harmless superstition of hers. These ideas surfaced during her trips to Ignis when she would refill her supply of igneous rocks by seeking out a magma-filled river. These trips were often long though they were always excitedly embarked. Lunes held an elegant beauty to it, true, but Ignis's beauty was wild and unpredictable. The nomads she encountered had always been interesting creatures that her curiosity would often times interrogate and before the nomads had realized, the poor things were being used for their knowledge to benefit her collection.

Though despite her hunger for knowledge and her unrestrained curiosity, the seemingly placid conversations Coventina engage in would, in turn, spark the passion flowing inside of her. With the passion and inspiration she needed, the journey ventured would quicken her return and the igneous rocks, most often Balsalt, would be an easy gather. Granted, this Elynain had been fetching igneous rocks from the magma river she had happened upon for years; finding and making metal had become second nature to her. And as Coventina aged, the metal work she produced grew more intricate. She would often times trade her a pieces of artwork to the travelers that would visit her tiny town, that is, if she had any pieces to sell. Often times she would be working aways at one of the many steps to making a piece of metal work. Despite her curious nature that seizes the chance of picking the brain of anyone who catches her interest, Coventina isolates herself from the world usually due to a metal work project of hers.

Profession: Metal Artist

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed. Also, Happy New Year to all you good people!

Hello there people with vested interest in Lux Tenebris! I have elected to start the RP off within the next two weeks.

Here's the rundown of what you need to do and where you need to be for the beginning of the roleplay.

What: Provide a short introduction for your character. And provide an explanation for why you are where you are.

Where: You need to be either in the city of Sol or anywhere in the outskirts, about a day or two's walk from the city itself.

@HoldMeCloser @Aetherea @Ceridwyn

I need to roll out of my commitment to this game. A lot of real life opportunities ventured into my world and changes are about to be had that will affect my ability to post. Sorry, Mal ;_; I was really hyped up for this, but I need to prioritize. I'll definitely swing back when I have the time to devote to role-playing.

Merry meet and take care, everyone! Best of wishes!

I've half a mind to join this. Provided room and life enough to try.

@Angry GMK Awesome! *takes out club* YOU WILL JOIN, YES?

I think I start my normal work schedule, so I'll be able to redact my withdrawal and write up the introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.