Lux Tenebris - The Light of Darkness OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may, although I do have expectations of my players. If you look up there at number 2 in my list of expectations, follow the link to the Dwindling Glory RP and the posts you'll see there are the standards I'll hold you up to. No need for that same length, but I expect substance.

Oh shush your face, Shadow! *throws a stick at you* and ok.

Uhmmmm....I post by phone so....uh...that possibly won't happen...

Maybe, I was going to read the other posts first to see what the characters were like.

Smh...as soon as you left the big action started in our rp. Smh. When you start in something finish it or wait to be killed. Just saying.

Well, that much wasn't really happening, besides, I didn't think my character's personality would work well in the plot.

That's your thinking not everyone elses. And a lot was going on. Your character didn't interact with anybody so that's your fault.

Oh, so the person that made and plays the character has no say in whether or not it'd work out? Do you expect me to play her like she's a different person than her profile describes? She's a little too mature to be playing catfight with a bunch of kids who don't act like the world is under seige.

Nope, but everyone stayed in the rp because they stook to it, some trained, some made drama, and some interacted with others no matter what their profile says. You dropped, your problem. Before you enter a persons rp, finish it. Period.

To answer your question, yes, this is still open and I'm not willing to start without a good portion of players to launch with.

Second, guys, as a staff member, I need to remind you that it's one: impolite to start arguing about other RP's in someone else's RP thread and that two, this kind of conversation can be better off held in private messages. Please keep that in mind for next time.

Right. So lay the hell off it, Dark Guardian, because there's no point in roleplaying a character if you aren't going to act like them.

I am interested In joining, I am just writing up my character now.

Name: Elysia
Apparent Age: Late teens - Early Twenties
Nation of Origin: Ignis
Type: Lightning
Appearance: Elysia has a very angular, willowy appearance, her cheekbones are sharp and her lips fall into a naturally condescending smile. Tall and statuesque, Her hair is an ominous purple with stray pure white streaks scattered throughout , it falls in ever so slightly jaunty curls to her waist. Her eyes seem to emit a kind of silver glow which is both mesmerizing and daunting. Her skin is adorned with halos of constantly moving strands of light which give her pale skin a purple sheen.

Personality: Loyal and steadfast to few but to those she is the loyalty is unyielding, Elysia is a calm and (mostly) mature person. She has strong morals and woe betide anyone who cross them, she has a tendency to go too far to prove a point. She is a strong leader and is good at forcing others to co-operate. Shes somewhat no nonsense, not lacking sympathy but patience.

Background: Elysia is a wanderer, she travels with a very small group of people who work together like a well oiled machine. Elysia finds it difficult to dedicate herself to something for long periods of time and shes as constant as a breeze. However, occasionally she makes a tight connection with another person, in cases such as that she sticks with them permanently. She sometimes struggles with the responsibilities of protecting so many others, at heart she is a loner. She spends a lot of time tracking and more and more recently she has been withdrawing from those around her and has become more prone to outbursts. She grew up in a large community where everyone was expected to pull their weight and she has become increasingly harsher on her group of misfits.

Profession: Hunter, Uses a slim crooked but sharp Dagger and Short bursts of incredible speed and accuracy to hunt her prey.

Edited her slightly so I can have a little more fun with her when the darkness comes and she goes a little more loopy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, over-all she looks good. However, it's more an issue with the timeline of her backstory that I'm having to consider here. The RP itself begins BEFORE the onset of the bulk of the invasion and even so it's only been 6-7 months since signs of encroaching darkness first began to appear.

I happened upon this story today and I am taken entirely by Elyne and its people, and the threat that feels very palpable to this nurtured utopia. However, I have a question: how often do you foresee your players posting, Malkuthe? If I can commit to a well-written post or two per week, will that be enough?

[MENTION=4437]Ceridwyn[/MENTION] that would actually be perfect. I don't really want sub-par posts so take your time if you have to. Most of my roleplays tend to follow that trend anyway, quality over quantity. I would prefer a slow-going RP over a really fast one with one-paragraph posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.