Lunatic Fringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
*shakes fist* Mother tongues...!

Anyways, Acerbus are not ranked in and among themselves in any way from 'most powerful' to 'least powerful.' Some individuals may master their powers faster than others, however. That being said, Acerbus have a huge range of abilities and powers. One fire Acerbus may be able to shoot fireballs, another may be able to light himself/herself on fire, etc. I'm really going to leave it up to the players to decide the powers of their Acerbus within the limits of their element, so do whatever you think is best and suitable to whatever element you choose. That said, I expect weaknesses from every character, as well. :D A fire Acerbus may not take too kindly to have water dumped on him or her.

Acerbus can be any age, gender, sexual orientation, or skin colour, though many of the infants likely died during the cutting of the Veil or shortly thereafter. All Acerbus did spawn in Duncaster with the cutting of the Veil, but the Veil cutting was powerful enough to send those little balls of energies shooting out all across Merith, so the first memories your character may have may very well not be of Duncaster, but somewhere else on the map. I am planning on adding a little more to the Lore about the Veil for clarity. (: They will have memory of the Veil and will have some vague understanding of who/what they are right from the get-go. They were never in an episode of 'Naked and Alone' or anything like that. :P

I would really like to thank you for reading everything on the lore page. 8D I wasn't expecting anyone to notice Duncaster until after I threw up more about the Veil. *highfive*

Reactions: Kestrel
So, now I have a question. From what I read I was assuming we were all originating from Duncaster. Does the cutting of the Veil release souls out into the world to go possess someone or what is being released and how do we get our bodies?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nav
So, now I have a question. From what I read I was assuming we were all originating from Duncaster. Does the cutting of the Veil release souls out into the world to go possess someone or what is being released and how do we get our bodies?
This will also be explained, but no, no possession. Ya basically shoot out across the world and land. From there, ya basically mutate like a heathen until you take on your final form. Everyone is basically a glob of goo and energy when emerging from the veil. From there, within hours, an Acerbus begins to solidify, take shape, and look human.

OPEN SIGNUPS - Lunatic Fringe | Rules & Sign-Up

Character Sheet Skeleton will be posted on Wednesday this week and you are welcome to begin posting character sheets at your leisure. Once I have the CS Skeleton up, I will decide on a deadline for apps and give you a time for my review process. I am happy to accommodate more players than I had originally stated; however, applying doesn't guarantee entry. That said, I look forward to seeing everyone's wild creativity and, as always, don't hesitate to grab me with questions! :D

grey @Meraki @Joan @alaska @Dipper @Sav @rechonq @Boo Girlie BoomBoom @Kestrel @Jakers @Shizuochan

Hello!

You have been tagged because at one point you expressed interest in this roleplay. If you're no longer interested, it's totally cool, I won't tag you again. If you are interested, I would like to announce that sign-ups have been officially opened. I would like all applications submitted by February 1st so the roleplay may begin on February 5th. Some of these dates may change slightly due to the announced upcoming site downtime in early February, but these are the dates to stick to for now.

As always, if you have questions, ask! :D I'm pretty friendly. You may find the sign-ups here: OPEN SIGNUPS - Lunatic Fringe | Rules & Sign-Up

Please also post in the OOC and introduce yourself! I'll be sending out a group PM once we have our finalized group, but don't hesitate to chat, hang out, and begin brainstorming up ideas. While I have a general direction for this roleplay in my head, 90% of the plot will be decided by your characters' actions and responses to various scenarios. In the end, this is YOUR story and I want you all to have an input in it. Stop by the OOC here: INFO DUMP - Lunatic Fringe | Lore & OOC

If you are new to this thread and haven't expressed interest but want to, no problem... just fall into my metaphorical arms. (: Anyone is welcome to apply on or before February 1st.

Thanks for the tag! I'll get working on my CS tonight. About to get situated now and read everything..

Thanks for the tag! I'll get working on my CS tonight. About to get situated now and read everything..
Wonderful! As stated above, you have plenty of time. (: I will read CSs if submitted earlier, but I don't plan on moving the deadline up any due to upcoming events in my own life. c:

Bleck, life! Always interfering with my roleplay time.

Reactions: Sav
Wondrous! I do have an inquiry I'll post up here since it should be helpful overall.

It is explicitly stated that the body of an Acerbus is 'human-like'. Does that mean that, outside, of their powers, they are physically indistinguishable from humans?

Wondrous! I do have an inquiry I'll post up here since it should be helpful overall.

It is explicitly stated that the body of an Acerbus is 'human-like'. Does that mean that, outside, of their powers, they are physically indistinguishable from humans?

Generally, yes. They are almost entirely human-like in appearance and can thus usually blend into crowds pretty well among civilians who may not know better. In very rare circumstances, some Acerbii may exhibit unusual qualities like small markings, odd hair or eye colours, or other very minimal 'abnormalities.' I say minimal in a sense that no known Acerbii displays things like rabbit ears or cat tails or entirely purple skin, for example.

Orion Knights are able to detect Acerbii individuals fairly easily. I do have the entire lore written out for how they're able to do it, but it's irrelevant at this point. ^_^ If you're interested in knowing, you can PM me and I can shoot the lore out to ya. It was just extraneous information I didn't want to bog everyone down with.

So, to answer your question, yes, most Acerbus could blend in with unsuspecting human populations. You may have an individual with unusual characteristics as mentioned above, but run them by me first so we don't have purple aliens with bunny ears running around. ;D

• Useful
Reactions: Joan and Aero Blue
Well, if there are any spots open I'd love to join! No preference as to medium!

Well, if there are any spots open I'd love to join! No preference as to medium!
Sure! Sign ups are still open until February. I'm not limiting the number of elemental types there are so pick what you find most inspiring.

Would perhaps, swirl patterns of a pure white color on upper arms and thighs count? As an odd marking? I thinking that could be the one for my character! (Who will likely either be light or fire)

Would perhaps, swirl patterns of a pure white color on upper arms and thighs count? As an odd marking? I thinking that could be the one for my character! (Who will likely either be light or fire)
I think that would be reasonable. (:

• Love
Reactions: Joan
Status
Not open for further replies.