2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
If you are interested in joining, please PM @Nav and we can discuss getting you involved! :D

[bg=#000000]
3nXN97S.png
Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated; witch hunts will never be about the witches.

The King's Speech
You gather before me today, my lords, my gentleman, to listen as I fully open my views and intentions. The constant employment of my thoughts and the most earnest wishes of my heart, tend wholly to the safety and happiness of my people, to re-establish the order and tranquility of Brandkast, of whole Merith. You have seen the fruits of present disorders in a land rampant with these savages, these spawns of leviathan raised from hellish ancestry from behind the Veil, these so called Acerbus. The Acerbus whose humanity they once possessed flickers out from within them, leaving them empty, inhuman husks. They kill or men, women, and children, and I have stated to you the measures which I mean to pursue for suppressing them, nay, eradicating them.

Whatever remains to be done, that may further contribute to this end, I commit to your wisdom. My most elite, these Orions as they are named, have started their ride across the lands. As bloodthirsty as the Acerbus themselves, they shall quench and extinguish these animals like the vermin they are. And I am happy to add that, as well from the assurances I have received, as from the general appearances of the affairs in Merith, I see the Orions have been successful in their summer's ride. I have ordered the proper estimates for the ensuing season to be laid before you; and I rely on your affection to me as King and your resolution to maintain just morals of this kingdom, for such supplies as the present circumstances of our affairs require. Success aside, Acerbus strongholds continue to exist amongst unavoidable ill consequences of this rebellion that has spurred amongst their ranks and for this reason, I bid war upon the Acerbus and all those who support their demoniacal way.

No regret affects me more sensibly than the extraordinary burden which it must create upon my faithful subjects, but I need not dwell on the fatal effects of the Acerbus. Nigh is a time of peace; now is the time of the sword, my lords.

-King Sephiran, 1519, in an address to his Royal Court​

Overview
[question=#afada7]Level: Detailed
Genre: High Fantasy, Medieval Secondary
Genre: Survival
Scale: 4-8 players
Pace: Medium. One post expected per week. [/question]​
1514, the veil between life and death has been broken, carpeting the Earth in new magic and a thousands of half-living creatures named Acerbus. These Acerbus look, and quite often act, human, but are incredibly powerful creatures that come in a variety of flavours. Separated by element, all Acerbus are able to control one of five elements, each possessing unique powers. Most of these creatures live relatively harmless lives and seek endlessly to integrate into humankind, yet the King, King Sephiran, trying to quench a revolt bubbling in his subject over high taxes, starvation, and disease, turns the common man's eyes to the Acerbus: accusing them of being evil magical entities that have disrupted the cycle of life and have angered the Gods.

Now the year is 1519 and a war against the Acerbus had been declared by King Sephiran. He has trained and sent a métier cavalry, dubbed The Orions, throughout the kingdom of Merith in search of capturing and killing these creatures like animals, like vermin. Hundreds of Acerbus have already been eradicated by this elite force of soldiers, and the remaining few have fled into underground villages or under the shelter of the elves, some of whom have opened their dwellings in secret to the Acerbus. Others still have turned to fight for their freedom against King Sephiran's armies, but often die at the end of a blade. The people have abandoned the Acerbus, the kings have abandoned the Acerbus, The gods have abandoned the Acerbus; precious few friends exist, but so long as their is a heartbeat in their chest... the Acerbus are alive.

Who Are You?
As one of the last few hundred Acerbus remaining in the kingdom of Merith, you are hungry, terrified, and fleeing for you life from the Orion Knights who remain in your constant pursuit... biting, and biting away. You are hiding in the wild, in an elven village, in an underground refugee camp speculating how long until the Orions sweep through when, rather abruptly, a letter shows up. Perhaps it is nailed to your front door, or folded on your dining table, or slipped under the flap of your horse's saddle... but it appears, seemingly out of nowhere, inviting you to a meeting. There are precious few details, aside from a meeting place and the closing line A Friend, but in a world where the road is paved with enemies, friends are going extinct. The question remains: do you go? You are tired of running; you decide you must.
[bg=#727e59]
The Letter​
[/bg]
[bg=#000000]
Eej2Ug7.png
[/bg]
[/bg]

So, interest? Maybe? Maybe not? Looking to start early February sometime.​

Last edited:
-slides in and sits in the corner- I am definitely interested in this!

• Love
Reactions: Nav
-slides in and sits in the corner- I am definitely interested in this!
Wonderful! I have two other people interested as well, so I'll definitely be doing this. (: I'm still gunning for first week of February, but I'll probably have sign ups and more lore up sooner so everyone can work at their leisure.

Reactions: Joan
*is waiting patiently*

• Love
I'm certainly interested.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Would you folks prefer a discord channel or group PM?

Reactions: Sav
  • Bucket of Rainbows
I'd be interested in this as well, if you have space for one more...

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'd be interested in this as well, if you have space for one more...
Definitely. (: As stated above, I will begin piecing things together for a start in the first week of February. I'll have initial lore and character sheets up sooner, however!

• Love
Reactions: Sav
PM would be my preference. Easier.

Well this has certainly interested me. I am fine with any sort of medium.

Definitely. (: As stated above, I will begin piecing things together for a start in the first week of February. I'll have initial lore and character sheets up sooner, however!
Sweet! Thanks. PM works for me as well!

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!

Boo looooves this~~♥,♥!!

K so like first week Feb sounds good! AND! PM on Iwaku preferred cuz simpler^^!!

...if you're still looking for another RPer that is...

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!

Boo looooves this~~♥,♥!!

K so like first week Feb sounds good! AND! PM on Iwaku preferred cuz simpler^^!!

...if you're still looking for another RPer that is...
Yay! I'm glad to hear you say that. It brings me joy! :D

Of course, run into my metaphorical arms! That being said, I think we'll go with a PM. *salutes*

Work on Lore has begun, and can be used for OOC:

INFO DUMP - Lunatic Fringe | Lore & OOC

I don't have a sign-up yet because I'm a lazy heathen, but feel free to read through lore. I will be adding in locations and NPCs sometime today. Sign-ups will be opening up this week. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact or pop in the OOC.... or both. Both would be cool. Or something. *kicks soda can*

If spots are still a thing, I'd love to join this one. If not, good luck, because this looks super neat.

If spots are still a thing, I'd love to join this one. If not, good luck, because this looks super neat.
This won't start until February, so there are definitely still opportunities to join. (:

• Thank You
Reactions: Jakers
color me interested!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Heh. Fire closet and clouded sea. Damn you, mothertongue.

I do have a question. Are the acerbus fullblown mages shooting fireballs or are their abilities more tailored towards witchcrafts (concepts like exchange, potions/alchemy, rituals and curses, etc)?

At what stage do acerbus return to the world? As adults? Or are they born again as children? Do they all spawn in Duncaster or is their re-entry more flexible?

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.