Lunardust- Part One: IC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WgtsUSI.png
"You've met plenty of women before?" Ashina smiled, pretending to be impressed, "I suppose a congratulations is in order then."

For all of that hooded man's words and tone, she wasn't perturbed the slightest. Indeed, this was much better than having to romp around in some dusty basement, dancing to the tune of some lunatic elf. If Kain wanted a fight, he'll have one. If he didn't, he'll still have one. After all, if he wasn't going to provide refreshments for her, he'll have to entertain her instead, right?

Her eyes flickered over to the other two men who remained, one a slim midget would have been fairly handsome if not for his midget-y self, and another who was wrapped up with so many bandages and cloaks that Ashina wasn't sure if he was a diseased leper or just an eccentric. Both had womanly hair and were beardless too, and it really made her wonder. Where on earth did these drag queens come from?

She kept those thoughts to herself though, that expression of disinterest and amusement continuing to persist.

"And I'll get off the statue when my legs have recovered, kind sir. If something must be sacrificed though, I suppose it'll the warmth of my body upon this lifeless stone."

She cared not for the moonlight that had gathered much too quickly, nor for the illumination of the goblet above her. After all, it was merely another example of architectural design, wasn't it? All the 'holiness' within this temple was due to the craftsmanship of humanity, not the influence of a dead goddess.

• Love
Reactions: Cwispy and Joan
The Dwarf passed the mug over to the giant with a jolly chuckle as they continued down the stair, taking it back and shaking it a bit to ascertain how much was left as they reached the doors.

Torvo was getting tired of these extra steps the elf man kept throwing in. Weren't they just supposed to find a thingie for the goddess, if she really wanted them to find it for her, then why make it complicated? These sound too much like weakling rules, wasting time instead of appeasing the great goddess. Torvo's theory of heathens slandering the good lady's name seemed to get more and more reinforced the more the puny elf kept talking.

That thought made Torvo's smile grow wider, for it meant he'd get to please the goddess by delivering righteous justice unto those who dare pollute her wordings. The Dwarf would get to have so much fun! It made him sigh happily before taking a gentle sip for once as he savored the thought.

He had already been reaching back to unstrap his chest from his back. To get confirmation quicker, he'd been willing to say to hell with the puny man's words. He'd wanted to smash through all of the doors with his axe as quickly as possible in search of the goddess's thing, until the giant spoke up.

Underneath his helmet, the dwarf raised an eyebrow at the Giant's sudden suggestion of the black door. They had just been given the option and already the giant considered the darkest one to be correct. How'd he get the that conclusion, was it a random guess, did he already have knowledge, or maybe...?

The dwarf glanced down at his mug of grog, was the giant one of those types of drinkers? Had he prepared specifically for a mystery like this by drinking some of Torvo's swill? Like a sailor's strength rising with every chug, had the grog been so delicious that his brain power grew at an unprecedented rate?!?

Torvo nodded at the giant, didn't even know he had it in him. But whether it was correct or not would be another thing. It could've been a fluke, that fuzzy animal with the big mouth on it did look quite inviting if he did say so himself.

"Torvo no care what door it behind, Torvo find thingie for Great goddess." the Dwarf said as he approached the dark door and nodded to Mat "No idea how big guy know where thing is, but Torvo like fuzzy beast. So Torvo check. Hehe."

He reached for the door handle without even a hint of anticipation, pausing as his fingers touched it "But Torvo no just look here. Torvo look in one place, then Torvo look in other. He find thing, or he no find thing. If Torvo no find thingie in any place, then Torvo bring goddess something even better! Gahaha!"

With that jolly chuckle he wasted no time in grasping the handle of the dark door and pulling it open to investigate.

uhn.jpg

Location: Temple of Zycie - Main Alter || Time: Nightfall || With: Aurelion, Kain, Ashina || Mentions: @Why Not? @Raven Haruka @ERode
Upon Aurelion's approval Röl fell into step with the smaller man's stride, appearing strangely as if he were his companion's disproportionate shadow rather than company. They neared the priest in question just in time for Röl to catch the human girl's imperious reply, questioning the temple inhabitants hospitality before utilizing the Goddess' statue as some sort of sitting stool. To Kain's credit he didn't blow a fuse but rather quipped a quick warning to get off unless she was volunteering as a potential sacrifice. He had also pleasantly (or as pleasant as Kain could be) greeted Röl with his uncanny brand of crude humor that earned him a rare little smile from the usually reticent man. Although it was unfortunately hidden behind a face shawl his amiability could be perceived in his fluid, respectful bow and surprisingly expressive eyes that he was just as glad to see the priest again as well.

Before he could audibly respond however the same melodic tone cut their reunion short; a sharp, sardonic retort that both belittled Kain and slandered the holy statue fell like brittle notes from the sweet-faced devil.The thick silence that followed was uncomfortably tangible, seeping into every languid breath until it lay like an unmoving lump in one's throat. Impossibly, the sensation rose as Röl turned his unnervingly constricted pupils towards the source of the insult; thin, pointed, and piercing in their inhuman luminescence. Even the shadows visibly faltered in his wake as he languidly approached the altar.

The undercurrent of tension heightened all at once when he finally stood in front of the human girl; a myriad of indecipherable intentions lurking beneath his blank expression.Then, just as quickly it unraveled like shredded pieces of silk as Röl seemed to completely overlook her presence altogether. Instead, he moved to where the only point of concentrated light had captured his earlier attention and that had caused such a curious reaction to his powers.Gazing up at the statue his eyes softened significantly as he faintly recalled the first time he had stood beneath its shadow, awestruck and in complete wonder. In one simple gesture he touched a corner of the marble sculpture and bowed his head in respect, uttering a short prayer before politely stepping back.

He was more than aware that the goblet just mere inches above him was where his source of curiosity lay but he wasn't so crass as to deface the Goddess by just taking it. At least not without permission. So he turned towards Kain once more, the question clear in his actions. For a moment his gaze flickered towards Aurelion and inwardly wondered if he had noticed the different name the priest had called him by. At the current circumstances however he pushed the thought to the side, opting to explain later should the question arise.

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Alas the gears of fate ticked as the lady of inundating beauty sent it's arrows on a new trajectory. As they made their way to Kain, she verbally wrecked their plans for discussion with the door priest, slinging volleys of disdain for the cantankerous monk of humble livings. Aurelion had to stifle a chuckle in his throat, which came out almost like a snort. Kain then suggested she offer herself in an [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]auto de fe[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], if you will, and a wide grin couldn't help but spread over the small man's face. Aurelion was obsessive and slave to his own ideologies, like all parties involved, but humor became a skill for survival early in his life. Comic encounters such a this were all to rare in Aurelion's business. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well shit, Rol. It's enough of a problem you're here, why'd you bring more?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aurelion's eyes flicked imperceptibly. He hardly believed in coincidences, and once again the Mantle seemed to be revealing his path, like salvaged moonlight in a stormy night. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]These guys are old associates it seems. "Adrian" certainly knows more than just a legend. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]An Aurelion of another time would've have been incensed at a new associate's insistence for lies when the small man had offered honesty, an open palmed gesture for cooperation during common plights. But that was an Aurelion of another time, one that had anger to exercise. This Aurelion cared not, and his eyes were drawn to what the Mantle intended fit for his vision. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Where it drew his focus was on the way the moonlight, unlike the splintered sunlight through the stained glass, converged on a focal point. It's lunar essence seemed to gloss the goblet in an aura that wreathed the nocturnal Goddess in night. During Aurelion's years trapped in the Edlund estate, he fancied esoteric scripture, scrolls that detailed the primordial energies of the masculine and feminine. Women were always associated with the moon's silent vigil of the star pinned void. Diving into her being required confronting the mysteries of life that could only be learned in death, going back the way you came. This is why Kings and gods always strove for immortality, whereas the Goddess knew that eternal continuity is in both beginnings and ends.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And what becomes of a man when he becomes secured in the comfort of darkness? His new associate Ról seemed to have sauntered over to the human girl with quaking shadows at his heels. He took note of the unnatural way nightshade bent to his stride. This man was certainly more than he let on. Aurelion had to assume that they were all more than they seemed. Ról then composed himself, performing an appropriate invocation of devotion, and this was when Aurelion guessed that he may have previously spent time in this particular temple. It was a practiced gesture of true reverence, completely unlike Aurelion's attempt at prayer; exactly like the kiss he planted on the Mantle. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Both Ról and the porcelain doll at least had something in common; they had to double back to put on a composed mask. Underneath those fragile shields was pain of some sort. An Aurelion of another time could've empathized with that, however the Small Man cracked the knuckles of his hand and single-mindedly acquiesced to the Mantle's beckon, as its invisible hand pointed him exactly where he needed to go. Him and his new associate shared a glance as Ról turned towards the door priest and himself. Once that look ended, Aurelion lightly dashed to the Goddess statue, over Her Highness, his light feathery frame scrambling up the statue, lithely perching upon where her wrists met to caress the goblet. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Is it acceptable to apologize in advance?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He peered into the goblet, grasping it carefully, seeing if he could shift it out of place and pry it free. He wasn't applying too much force, and the small man wasn't that strong to begin with. Also, during his scamper up the statue, a strand bandage on his arm slipped loose, exposing all the scar tissue that covered all of the visible area. While he was up there, he didn't take the time to rewrap it, his focus consumed by moonlit revelations.[/BCOLOR]

• Love
Reactions: Joan and Isomia.n
Joan Raylen Drazelan

Joan noticed the small man slipping past her and frowned slightly. Where is he going? Did he maybe think of something? She considered following him but decided against it. As far as she could tell, the immaculate woman and the cloaked person that was only a a couple inches taller than her had stayed behind, and she had hopes that the cloaked man would at least be good company for him. Besides, he might find something there, or he might not. Good to cover your bases, she thought as she resumed following the others.
The giant's sudden stop took her by surprise. She quickly took a step back, then stopped and listened as he mumbled to himself. What's going on with him? Does he possibly know something? His question and Sanzir's reaction confirmed her suspicions, and she frowned again. Curiouser and curiouser...I suspect his gift is telling him something, but what? And how? Her contemplations were interrupted by the silver-haired girl's apology and question, and she felt admiration spreading over her. The girl was considerate. Good. That would hopefully adjust any bad impressions the priests had of them.
The dwarf spoke up next, and she felt her frown deepening. Give ladies to...that's the second time now he's talked about giving people to Zycie. I'm fairly certain she never condoned human sacrifice, though I could be wrong...We definitely need to find this thing before he gets impatient. I wouldn't want to have to fight him to keep him from sacrificing people. When he asked if anybody had a taste for 'grog', as he put it, she shook her head, though she doubted anybody could see her since she was at the back.
She descended the stairs carefully. What awaited them down there was anybody's guess, though it would hopefully be safe for the Goddess' children. Hopefully. Then they reached the row of doors, and she contemplated them each in turn. The dark door and the second lightest door both caught her eye. The one was as dark as night and also had a sheep on it, making her think of counting sheep, but the other...She stepped forward and ran one finger over the crescent, feeling its shape and texture. Could this one possibly be it? Possibly...
Once again the giant seemed to know something almost immediately. She turned her head and watched the expression on his face as he spoke. A mixture of fear, bewilderment, and determination...Huh. You'd think he'd just seen a ghost.
Seen a ghost...It's certainly possible.
She pulled her hand away from the crescent and addressed the giant cautiously.
"Excuse me, but may I ask what your gift is? And is it how you're so certain the sheep door is the correct one?" She turned her head toward Sanzir and directed another question his way. "Sanzir, what shade of blue was there before the purple? And I would like to reiterate what these two--" she gestured at Torvo and the giant, "--have been asking. Why are we limited to one per door? I would certainly say that it allows for more efficiency in searching, but why is it a rule?"
Finally, she nodded toward the other elf. "As for you, I'll accompany you, if you'll have me."

[fieldbox= , gold, solid, 10]
"I think the item we're looking for is behind the last door, but if we're all children of Zycie, why can't we just go get it?"

"Well, that is to say-" Sanzir couldn't reply much to the question of the giant, as more voices clued in on the conversation.

"Sanzir, what shade of blue was there before the purple? And I would like to reiterate what these two have been asking. Why are we limited to one per door? I would certainly say that it allows for more efficiency in searching, but why is it a rule?"

"But Torvo no just look here. Torvo look in one place, then Torvo look in other. He find thing, or he no find thing. If Torvo no find thingie in any place, then Torvo bring goddess something even better! Gahaha!"

"...oh."

Sanzir let out a sigh, before clasping his hands together.

"I give up. I don't know how you did it- nor do I really care, but go through the sheep door. If you find it, you will. And if not, oh well."

While he didn't answer any of the questions being asked, the elven man slumped over, apparently defeated already in attitude. "...I'm going to see what Kain's up to now, don't burn the place down please."

And with that, Sanzir the elf left.

- - -

When walking through the room with the purple sheep on it, one would come across a long, dark hallway. Torches dimly lit the way, suddenly being placed higher and higher as a steep staircase appeared. Once said stairs were climbed, a sudden pile of familiar looking marble would block the sight of the next room- although narrow pathways along the sides of this suspicious figure would lead back to the main praying room the group had originally entered.

Looking behind, one would notice that the suspicious pile of marble was none other than the statue of Zycie, with two suspiciously familiar figures near the goblet being held by her hand.

- - -

"And I'll get off the statue when my legs have recovered, kind sir. If something must be sacrificed though, I suppose it'll the warmth of my body upon this lifeless stone."

"Aye, how considerate of ya'." Sarcasm reeked from the man's voice as he turned to face the girl, arms crossed.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Is it acceptable to apologize in advance?" [/BCOLOR]

Kain shrugged at the question, back turned to the duo who had scrambled up the statue.

"Honestly, as long as you don't break it--oh, wait no-"

But it was too late, as Aurelion had gripped something loosely placed within the cup. With ease, it was removed from it's safeplace- revealing a bronze statue of a small girl, wearing a small dress and carrying a smile that only those with no soul could host.

But, that's ridiculous, surely whoever had created such a fine piece of art could have put a bit more expression into those metal eyes, whose gleam glittered an aura of confident fear- as contradicting as it was.

"Oi! You two get down from there! Honestly, are you twelve?" A yell from below revealed the annoyance received from the in-resident madman that was Kain. Shortly after, the meeker voice of Sanzir could be heard.

"Oh, they found it already? How odd."
[/fieldbox]
@everyone

• Love
Reactions: Joan
Status
Not open for further replies.