Lunardust- Part One: A Prophecy has Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Calypso Major

Original poster
NOTE: Signups for this are now closed! Thanks to all of you who showed interest, and here's hoping for a fun time!

Gold Premise: Part one of the "Lunardust" series, a group of adventurers come together under the guidance of the Goddess to raise her from the "dead"... sort of.

Genres: High Fantasy , Adventure , Character Death (possible, but don't worry!)

Pre-requisites: Intermediate+​ writing, posting speed of "every few days" or "once a week".

Disclaimer: All Iwaku Rules apply, and also this has the potential of being mixed, so keep it PG-13, please.

Interest Tags: @Joan , @Dip , @rechonq , @Isomia.n , @ERode , @Why Not? ,

"When the King falls, and what was once green turns red, I shall stir.

It shall be on the day that dogs bark, and birds flee,
the clocks shall stop ticking, the age of the once fallen will arise.

Watch for my blessings of my children, and you will be blinded.
Listen for the rumors of my blessings, and you will become deaf.

On the day that Life and Death greet one another, hand in hand,
a child will be lost- yet alas, they will not.

With the rising of the new god, comes the decrepit loss of tradition.
The lands will turn to rust, the clock will start once more, and my children will strike.

On the day that the sun becomes the moon, I will rise.

And my anger will rage across the land,
my rage shall burn everything I love,
it will make the sun shiver,
it will cause the waters to freeze over,
it will bring Death himself to my knees.

Only then, will immortality become nonexistent,
as shall mortality,
with Time being my only witness."

- The Almighty Goddess Zycie, at her deathbed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"And so said our Goddess, as she closed her eyes to the world, lying on the bed made only of the finest of silks, right here in this very temple. You all must be the chosen ones, the ones blessed enough to be labeled as Children of the Goddess!"

A priest bows his head, his long hair draping onto the ground as he lowers himself onto his knees in front of this group of seemingly strangers. Quickly, the rest of the men surrounding said group followed his example- each and every one of them falling to the ground, before pleading in unison.

"Oh honored ones, we beg of you!
Awake our Goddess once more!"

...and so the story begins.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Hello!

If you've read this far, I can only assume that you are somewhat interested in this little piece of garbage roleplay I whipped up. I just took some D&D elements, added in some epic music for inspiration, and topped it off with an oh-look-why-not-prophesize-this-thing.

...welp, it's like a riddle, so I can't tell you everything about this plot- but don't worry, I won't leave you completely in the dark!
[fieldbox= , green, solid, 10]
"Long ago, the world lived under the rule of the Almighty Zycie, a woman blessed by the Earth.

She was said to have eternal beauty, more wisdom than even the all-seeing seers, and the power of the most feared depths of hell.

Zycie was placed upon her golden throne by the people, who worshipped almost everything about her- for in their eyes, there was not a more perfect being in both the living and unliving realms.

...but they all overlooked a single flaw- a flaw which could only bring about their downfall.

You see, with all this praise and worship and everything, Zycie was always under extreme pressure. Externally, she was the most graceful, the most kind, the most wise of all.

But internally, she was driving herself to the point of madness.

Sensing this within herself, the Goddess did two major things before stepping down from the throne. She made it known that all the women of all species would now be rare to find...and that families shall only ever have a maximum of two children.

With this said, all families with more than two offspring had banished all but their eldest two children from their families. The ones who didn't...witnessed a great tragedy.

The second thing was her prophecy, told only to the high priest Kostucha-- the only mortal ever said to also be a lover of the Goddess. With the knowledge that the Goddess didn't know when she would return to the waking world, the two lovers made a vow.

For as long as Zycie slept, the elven priest Kostucha would never age a day more.
For as long as Kostucha stayed within the temple, no tragedy would occur that involved her or her disciples.

Ultimately, this lead the priests of the temple of Zycie to shut their doors to the world, only to open once more for the chosen ones.

A century passed, and the tragic tale of Zycie and Kostucha became just that-- a story. The Hilldew family became our royal family, three generations of wise human kings passing away...and the current generation becoming nothing more than a tyrant, corrupted by the new "priests" and their creation of the "God" named Rozmyte Hilldew.
This God has done nothing but take from the people, according to my sources...and he has already forsaken the wisdom of Zycie, seeing her as nothing more than a myth. However, his priests do not brush the story off so quickly--they already know of the existence that is "Zycie's Children".

...and they'll do anything and everything to stop them from awaking the Goddess."
[/fieldbox]

And that's where you guys come in! As the "blessed children" of Zycie, each and every one of you has felt a calling that lead you to this temple.

Some of your characters may know each other, others could be complete strangers, but the only thing that they all notice right away is that something within them causes belief that none of you are foes.

But, you didn't think awakening the Goddess would be an easy feat...did you?

No, it is a perilous journey, filled with demons, monsters, and DWINDLING FOOD SUPPLIES?!?

- wait a second, that can't be right, let me read the script here once more- OH HOLY WAFFLES YOU GUYS WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME SEMI-REALISTIC ASPECTS IN THIS WORLD?!?

MONEY?!?

DRAMA?!?

STUBBORN MERCHANTS?!?

AND A LACK OF BOOZE FOR THE DWARVES!?!

...Ah, did I forget to mention that there are four species coexisting within the same world?

There's the Humans, although the quickest to die, are also the most tenacious amongst the species.
The Elves, known for their cunning minds and vast knowledge, sadly aren't the best with following social standards.
The Dwarves, small in size, are considered the species with the most pizazz, if you know what I mean.
And finally, the Giants, averaged at a height of 9 feet, are the most heart-felt out there.

Now- with that small detail out of the way- where were we...?

Ah yes, the conclu-

[fieldbox= THE CONCLUSION , red , solid , 10]
Adventure forth, to where the Goddess lies.

Answer the pleas, do not deny.

If you're interested, in any way.

Then post below, any time of day! [/fieldbox]
Thank you for reading, if you have any questions/concerns/sacrifices/ideas/interests , please post below or shoot me PM! I'll try my best to answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't normally go for prophecies, but this actually looks well-developed and awesome. I'm interested.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
SIGN ME THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good premise but high fantasy isn't my cup of tea, plus I got my hands full with Hisakawa :x

I don't normally go for prophecies, but this actually looks well-developed and awesome. I'm interested.
Awesome, glad to have you on board! (I tried to make it well-developed...but then again, my roleplays never seem to survive the players- if you know what I mean xD)
SIGN ME THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, that's what I thought (^.^) I'm glad you're interested too!
Sounds like a good premise but high fantasy isn't my cup of tea, plus I got my hands full with Hisakawa :x
I'll try to keep that in mind for the next time I tag you on anything. (Also, completely understandable, thanks for looking!)

~*~

Alrighty, since 2 people have kick-started this interest thread off- I'll put my limits up right now.

I'd love to have at least 2 more people show interest before I get to work on an OOC thread, but I'm not going to lie- I'm hoping for a group of 6 players...maybe 8 at the maximum- depending on the interest.

Also, if you guys have any plot bunnies potential ideas for NPC interactions (would you enjoy stubborn middle-aged merchants trying to rip you off?) , world-building (would you enjoy forcing the group through a treacherous swamp? Or perhaps you'd even enjoy going sailing sometime?) , and/or character ideas for when this (hopefully) does kick up...let me know!

A lot of what I have right now is still up-in-the-air, and completely changeable depending on what you guys were looking for. (Oh dear, this sounds very last-minute-ish...I still have stuff planned, I promise! Think of this as...extra content?)

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Joan, Dip and Miya
I'll try to keep that in mind for the next time I tag you on anything. (Also, completely understandable, thanks for looking!)
Thank you for the considerations, and good luck in your endeavors Goshujin-sama :p

This seems really interesting and I would really like to be a part of it. I don't really have anything to contribute in terms of additions right now. I'm pretty flexible with a lot of things.

Also, if you guys have any plot bunnies potential ideas for NPC interactions (would you enjoy stubborn middle-aged merchants trying to rip you off?) , world-building (would you enjoy forcing the group through a treacherous swamp? Or perhaps you'd even enjoy going sailing sometime?) , and/or character ideas for when this (hopefully) does kick up...let me know!

A lot of what I have right now is still up-in-the-air, and completely changeable depending on what you guys were looking for. (Oh dear, this sounds very last-minute-ish...I still have stuff planned, I promise! Think of this as...extra content?)
I'm up for just about anything, though as far as the world-building goes, I have a fondness for cities and forests, not sure why. As for characters, are you asking us what type of character we'd want to play or something else? I'm asking because I have an ensemble of characters I like to pull from instead of making completely new characters for every roleplay.

I'm up for just about anything, though as far as the world-building goes, I have a fondness for cities and forests, not sure why. As for characters, are you asking us what type of character we'd want to play or something else? I'm asking because I have an ensemble of characters I like to pull from instead of making completely new characters for every roleplay.

Noted. And as for Character Ideas, you're on the right track! I figured that it'd be pretty boring to have 5 people play practically the same archetype of a character, so if any of you wanted to do some planning beforehand...?

And yep, I have no problems with you reusing characters (well, so long as they're "original"...not to mention it'd be nice if there was a diversity of races amongst the group, so I guess for some people this could come across as calling dibs...?)

Noted. And as for Character Ideas, you're on the right track! I figured that it'd be pretty boring to have 5 people play practically the same archetype of a character, so if any of you wanted to do some planning beforehand...?

And yep, I have no problems with you reusing characters (well, so long as they're "original"...not to mention it'd be nice if there was a diversity of races amongst the group, so I guess for some people this could come across as calling dibs...?)
Ah, I see. Well, I tend to play overly serious, slightly snarky, or even motherly characters that pack a punch and come up with unorthodox plans. And I'd prefer playing a human or elf, though I wouldn't mind playing something else.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
MY GOODNESS I FORGOT TO INCLUDE AN IMPORTANT FACT!!

Well, somewhat important. Since we are talking about character creation, it'd be kind of important to note that your character should be somewhere in between the ages of 18-25 (or, reeeallly close to those ages...I'm pretty lenient with this stuff) , due to plot shenanigans.

And I know that with different races, different ages mean different things...but stick with those numbers please and don't be too snarky with me OOC please :p

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I was thinking of possibly playing a giant that has a thing for knick knacks, especially magic ones. I was hoping maybe he could have an interesting array of weapons. Things like a fishing pole that he also uses as a pole-arm or scissors that he uses like daggers or a small door like a shield. I've always liked the idea of a magic lantern that he uses like a club that could also summon will-o-wisps. Depending on the color wisp that is summoned the lantern-club would have different properties.

Other than his items, he would basically be known for being a big kindhearted guy. Unless we have plenty of the kindhearted and then he could sort of be quiet and recluse. I can probably be pretty flexible with his personality actually.

If I hopefully just counted right then I'd really love to fill in the 6th role for this RP. As for plot contribution I'd like to say I'm fairly good with coming up with random scenarios that can jump-start the plot from time to time. I've also got a thing for underwater world building (and possible species if it ever comes up).

I've also gotta ask what's your preference in face claims?

I was thinking of possibly playing a giant that has a thing for knick knacks, especially magic ones. I was hoping maybe he could have an interesting array of weapons. Things like a fishing pole that he also uses as a pole-arm or scissors that he uses like daggers or a small door like a shield. I've always liked the idea of a magic lantern that he uses like a club that could also summon will-o-wisps. Depending on the color wisp that is summoned the lantern-club would have different properties.

Other than his items, he would basically be known for being a big kindhearted guy. Unless we have plenty of the kindhearted and then he could sort of be quiet and recluse. I can probably be pretty flexible with his personality actually.
Terribly sorry for the upcoming briefness, I'm on mobile.

I didn't bring up the subject before, but "magic" is a fairly simple concept.

You are either blessed with the innate power to harness and direct the natural energy surrounding you, invisible to the naked eye.

Or you use artifacts, made by these natural "wizards". So, with your knick-knack giant idea...it could work, though I'd probably have to limit you to three weapons just for the beginning...you'll be able to find (or make) more later on though!
If I hopefully just counted right then I'd really love to fill in the 6th role for this RP. As for plot contribution I'd like to say I'm fairly good with coming up with random scenarios that can jump-start the plot from time to time. I've also got a thing for underwater world building (and possible species if it ever comes up).

I've also gotta ask what's your preference in face claims?
Alright, underwater idea...noted xD. As for face claims, I have no preference..though a bit of a personal preference is to write a paragraph or list specific features about the appearance, along with the picture...but that's just me.

And with that, I'll get to work on an OOC thread! If anybody else has been lurking out there, I'll only accept 3 more players at maximum before shutting down these interests! Happy New Years Eve, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Isomia.n
I've read it. The premise does look promising! Unfortunately, I have a massive group RP and a one-on-one planned. D: Good luck though! And have fun!

I have neither. And mortal gods are one of my kinks, so let's gooooo.

I've read it. The premise does look promising! Unfortunately, I have a massive group RP and a one-on-one planned. D: Good luck though! And have fun!
Ah, that's alright. Thank you for the luck (we all know I'm gonna need it x.x) , and best of luck with your roleplays too!
I have neither. And mortal gods are one of my kinks, so let's gooooo.
xD
Alright then, welcome aboard!

~ * ~

Seeing as how I'll be up until midnight tonight...I should be able to get the OOC thread done and up sometime before next year?

I'm working on it right now, so...THUMBS UP! \(>.<)

*pokes head in* is there still room on this prophecy pain train? :D

*pokes head in* is there still room on this prophecy pain train? :D
YES! YES THERE IS!

Also, here's a fun voting poll for you guys, to pass the time.

PICTURE ONE, OR PICTURE TWO?
_alice_mare__little_red_riding_hood__by_protorc-d858mch.png

14c4405773af6eebe9308c88a168558e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.