Lucrative planning ooc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, I've got to fix all of my photos on this site... Photobucket went rancid on me and I almost lost everything!!

Anywho, got any ideas for the new day? Or, you want to move to the mid week, or what?

I'm trying to think of a situation that will be, not as heavy as a fight, but a chance for Gardosh and Suri to get to know each other more. I have an idea for a festival in town, or in another town, which I believe I've mentioned in a post somewhere; but that might come at a later time. I'm thinking it would be a nice scene for a really dramatic fight/kidnapping type thing - large crowds that are easy for a kidnapper to hide in....

Oh, Dache is about to die, FYI. Since the attackers were not able to get Suri, the other half of the group who were just watching decides to snag Dache. They're going to do something to him and probably hang him at the entrance gate of Roan's estate... IDK, something crazy. That's going to have Roan really tighten security on Suri, and will have the guy from Forneroy really upset about her safety.

And, I'm trying to set up a twist...but it hasn't developed completely in my head just yet... Anywho, if you want to know about it, tell me. Some people usually want to be surprised, and others want to know so they can help me develop them.

I don't think you've mentioned any festival... But it sure will be one when Dache dies! :D

Now... Ideas............... A few days later on a festival sounds good. :P

And I think I prefer the twist to be twisty and with a surprise :3

And now I feel that even my ooc post is short compared to yours T_T

Dude...I'm like this - normally - My gab is gynomous, but rarely does it make as much sense as my posties. LOL!

Okay:

Dache dies

Somewhere a festival will occur - one that was probably mysteriously mentioned in previous postie

Oh, and I never forget details (except a few when it comes to my pop-up NPCs at times).

Post #9:

The cook settled a platter of tarts in the center of the circled patio table shaded by a large umbrella made of peacock feathers. D'Larrie and Vel - in her humanoid form - automatically dug into the tasty treats as they chatted away about the upcoming week's schedule and the possibility of seeking away to visit the Elves during their weekend festivals. Sari, on the other hand, ignored her favorite treats and the talk of escape to follow the stocky dwarf as he quickly turned to avoid any more of her inquiries.

BOYAH!

Huh. Guess you've got a better memory than me then :P

Anyways, I'll post in the oc thread soon, just gotta do something first. D:

Alright, I've made my edit. It's not major.

I'm also thinking of another good scene... If you have an idea or two about something, post it up.

Also, I was thinking that the group that actually attacked Gardosh and Suri in town is a set of hostile pirates that Roan had hired to keep his trade ships sailing safely, and attack his competitor's ships. This is how he's slowly regaining his power, and how he'd became the first trader from Kaeleer to make a connection to Tal'vis. But, he's broke, in a sense, and cannot pay them. After several months of working for him with no pay in return, they are secretly planning on kidnapping Suri for a high price.

So, in a way, we have another set of people making plans for some sort of profit - fitting rather nicely to the theme, it is. I think the pirates will be a major problem for both Roan, Suri and Gardosh. What do you think about this idea?

To me it sounds like we now have both pirates and a ninja against us. Which I've got nothing against! :D
But yeah, that's a pretty clever idea! Explains Roan's riches, as well as the attack! But the attack almost made them seem more like ninjas... So we've got a ninja against us, as well as a crew of pirate-ninjas. And Gordush has to fight them unarmed. It could become quite interesting! :P

Ninjas! HEHE! I was trying on the lines of mystic assassins, almost gypsy-like magical abilities and stealth. But ninjas sounds just as epic! LOL!

IDK, I was just thinking "Why would Lord Lee want to attack Suri when he's already laid claim to her?"

Then I was like, "Well, there's someone else out there who really can't stand Lord Roan for something...and they're wanting to kidnap Suri, thinking that would hurt him from the inside."

But then, I was like, "Well, government speaking, they think he's a genius for his trade knowledge, not knowing the underhanded things he's been doing to make it so... EUREKA! What are those underhanded things, why have they help his success, and who would be pissed off because he's using them?"

And that's when I saw, "PIRATES!!"

So, yea...they're epic pirate ninjas from some new location that we haven't established yet. LOL!

I think I've got a new scene in my mind...

Someone's going to find Dache hanging in the front courtyard. That will be an interesting wake up call.
I'll try to get it up today.

Interesting indeed. Not quite as exiting as a ninja-pirate trying to kill one, but hey, can't have too much happen at once, now can we :P

Also: The Reh'Anola Islands! Home of the pirating ninjas/sneaky pirates! A series of near-tropical islands which are seemingly uninhabited from the coast. Yet further in, there is a thriving civilization of sea-fearing murderers and robbers, and for hire for a certain, high price. Due to the immigration that started it all, they have a wide range of races living there, with a wide range of skills in the fields of murder and stealing.

Hehe, excellent; now, we have our own Tortuga!

Only better! And it won't sink into the sea from its own weight!

Don't want to lose our OCC thread...

Just had a thought...

Suri's being really calm about Dache's death - too calm.

I have a feeling she's about to lose it. This whole threat on her life has become quite real now, and very close to home. She's going to somewhat become hostile during the sparing, trying to build herself up in order to protect herself, finding something to drown herself in to ignore her fears right now.

She sees herself stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either she's going to marry a killer, or be killed by killers. Either way, she's dead. And even though she had friends all around her who would lay their lives on the line to save her, or keep her safe, they're dead as well - all because of her.

So, she's on the verge of giving up. If she's no longer there, lives will not have to be sacrificed on her behalf - just because her father messed up and is attempting to use her to clean up the mess.

I'm not sure if I want her to seriously crack, but I've sensed a scene where, after fighting Gardosh rather psychotically, literally attacking first at ever turn, trying to really make him fight to avoid her rant, she flat out drops to the ground - exhausted, realizing that there's no way she can protect herself against anyone bigger than her. So, in defeat, she's going to raise her sword towards her neck.... only to be stopped by Gardosh.

I'll have to think about this - if I can see her really having such a crazy breakdown, or a minor one... Well, anywho, she'll show some emotion about Dache's death, rather than being so cold-hearted. She didn't care for his attitude towards her, but he's saved her life countless times and did so because he had his personal reasons - not because her father threaten him to, or paid for him to. She, at least, respected him for that, but she still hated his guts - not enough to see him hang though...

Anywho, posting will be coming soon. Just wanted your opinion on this. I'm not sure where I want her emotions to go, but figured this would cause them to have a chance to really get to know each other through such a rough situation like this. She did grow up with Dache, after all... He was big brother, in a way, before he'd become annoying captain.

Well, that she has some reaction is to be expected, but I hope you wont break her completely :P I'm all for a bit of character development and stuff, but there's a limit for everything.

Okay, with a clearer head I'm having the same reaction to that idea as well. I'll have a rush of various thoughts and idea for all of the stories I'm working with, and some ideas tend to work well with one story/or charrie that with another. This idea is really not Suri at all, and just won't fit. But, her going through a bit of a rant is all her.

That slight change in her attitude will be rather blunt and wild, in a sense, but will flip back like switching on a light. I don't want her to be too bipolar, mind you, which is why my first idea just didn't seem right... Dramatic, but too much for Suri... I wanted to double check my thought process - which is dangerous to listen to at 3 am in the morning... hadn't had my coffee yet.

Thanks for the second opinion.

Hey anytime :D And yeah, good ideas aren't exactly the most common thing to come out of one's head at 3am :P But I hope you'll figure out how much is too much for poor little Suri. Wouldn't want her to go completely batshit, after all :3

I had Vel mention three Goblins, hoping to expand our small cast, and she's either really good friends with one of them, or has a crush on one. I'm not sure how I'm going to work that out, but Vel hangs with them because they're just as sneaky as she is - but she's probably more honest than they are.

If you want, I'm thinking they've had opportunities to overhear certain secret discussions between the (pirate) spy stationed at the estate, and the connection he talks to who portrays possibly a delivery person, or someone who works in town who frequently heads to the estate to drop off things, or to do odd jobs, or works in the trades - something that gives him access to the estate grounds and the dungeons at times...

That will be one of the connections between the unknown baddies and the unknown spy. After a while, they'll be able to tell Gardosh about what they've overheard at times, or seen, which will aid them in keeping Suri safe on the grounds... Also, they might be able to overhear conversations between her father and the adviser from Foneroy about the plans for Suri's move to Foneroy to marry the merchant lord there...

Or,

They can be the ones overhearing something else that seems unrelated to the whole situation, but later on in the story it ends up being vital information that threatens Suri, and Gardosh; proving that the ones who are spying on the house, who killed Dache, are the same ones who attacked them in town.

If we were able to work this out, and make it so oddly unrelated to where it throws them off, it will make finding clues harder. Then, the things the Goblins are able to tell them from their eavesdropping all that time ends up filling in some gaps, and through Gardosh and Raifie (the only two people who have traveled enough and knows strategy within the group), they would be able to put two and two together...

And hopefully do so before the sudden change of plans for Suri happens upon them - which forces them to have to attempt their first plan of 'deflowering' Suri in order to keep her in Ssagonot. I can almost see the pirates making a last ditch effort in kidnapping Suri and killing her new bodyguard, when she's leaving Ssagonot via ship towards Foneroy. The pirates could sink the ship after taking her and other valuables.

Or, just go with the first one, which is easier to set up, mention that they're now threatening Gardosh as well - trying to break through the walls surrounding Suri; and then lay the ground work for tossing that wrench into things further by connecting this situation with that of Suri's wedding plans.

Or, am I just rambling again? I think I've just confused myself here in mid type...

Okay, just for a bit of simplicity, I think I'll prefer the first one. Or else I'm gonna have up to 5 headaches >_<
And yes, I think you might have rambled a bit. Or I might just have been a bit too sleepy to read it properly >_>

The first one was my initial thought... the other ideas sprouted from the first, and they're not that well thought out.

The first one is the easiest.

LOL! I love Craz already!

I'm wondering if they can get out of there, and get Craz out with them to head to the gardens without causing D'Larrie to start spying on them? Now, if Raifia knew about their secret sparring times, he'll probably jump right in, having had his fair share of fighting sneaky Goblins; he'll get a kick out of highlighting his prideful moments as a warrior. But, D'Larrie would be upset because Suri's father doesn't want her getting hurt, and frankly, D'Larrie doesn't want that to happen at all.

From out of the three Goblins, which one do you think Vel would have gotten to know? I don't know which one you've designed to be the one who gets out more, or is the most talkative, but you can decided which Goblin has had a change to work with Vel, and we can go from there..

I've got to scan through the postings, but I think we had Vel head back down to the dungeons to return the weapons and to talk to the Goblins. If that's the case, then I'll run a short scene with her chatting with the other two about their plans to head to the garden. Then, she'll catch Suri's thoughts about meeting Craz and heading to the garden now. So, she'll work out something with them to slip them out of there without Hawkwin noticing... Even though, he's probably going to be mighty busy with helping with the security of the grounds right now. Since Roan's security staff is majorly lacking, he'll be calling on Hawkwin, and probably Raifia, to assist in the management of the watch...

Let me know your thoughts here... I'l be heading out the door do make a few deliveries, but will be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.