6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Lincoln and Tommy Fluff
They were already dead, how was he even deader than before? " Tommy, are you okay? How did you get this injured?"

As a doctor, Lincoln noticed that his friend was in great pain, before he even responded. " Before we got here, back home, a piece of building pierced my chest. It hit me in the chest- and well, the next thing I knew I woke up there, you know."

" So this is an old injury?" He asked, as he went to get his medical bag out. He wasn't about to let his friend die again. He removed the piece of debris and saw that blood was indeed pouring out of his friend.

" It's okay Lincoln. You can go on without me. I made peace with everything in this life. Just let me go."

Lincoln ignored his friend's plea and stitched him up. " I'm not letting you die. Not now or ever. We are in this until the end. Come on, we got to catch up with the others. Take it slow."

Hopefully, the stitching would hold. He wasn't ready to lose someone else. Not now or ever again.​

Last edited:
Asher and John
Prologue

John had been standing in the hospital with the boy at one moment and the next moment, he was in some sort of between place. It seemed that there was a hallway of a million doors and they didn't seem to end. Worlds upon worlds, universes upon universes. He looked back and the door that led back to Linda and it slammed shut.

" I guess that is just me and you Ash, a killer and a baby. I guess I could see this as my second chance to redeem myself, I let my own son die and I never was in his life, but now you are here with me. A job to protect you, that sounds like something I can do. Kill anyone who hurt you, I can do that. I am a doctor, I'm a killer. I can do this," he said, as he watched as the door to one world swung open. He guessed this was his chance to prove himself.

One last time, he took a breath and Asher teleported them through the door.

World 1: Phoebe

John looked around the place he and the baby had landed. It seemed they had literally teleported into a house and he had no clue who it belonged too. He inspected the room and stopped at a picture. It seemed to be of a normal family. A father, a mother, four kids, two teens, two pre-teens and a toddler. He accidently flicked it and it turned and the same family was shown there, except in strange costumes. He wasn't sure what to think of it.

"Max, is that you?" A female voice asked.

John held his knife tightly and looked around. He didn't know what to say. He couldn't exactly talk to give himself away. He hoped that the baby didn't cry, but it seemed that he was quiet. " Max, are you back from- wherever you have been?"

John tensed up and was lost at what he had to do. He had never been so close to being caught. He also couldn't exactly be caught holding a knife and a baby, that wouldn't be ending well. He slide his weapon back into his pocket and hoped that she was friendly. As the girl walked down, she just as shocked as he would be.

" Who are you?" She asked. She seemed to be moving closer and he was getting nervous.

" I'm Dr. John Stevenson and this is my n-nephew Asher, he's kind of sort of- I don't know how to explain this," he said.

Asher explained for him by teleporting from his arm to the couch and back. " Oh, he has superpowers. You must have come since you have never seen anything like this before. It isn't something that most mortals wouldn't know. I am going to guess your family must be superheroes and you were born normal. It makes sense. So, you came looking for my-"

" You, I came looking for you... ummm...."

" Thunder Girl."

" Thunder Girl to help me what is going on with my nephew."
" It is not all too common for people to come seeking me, but I will be happy to help. So his only power is teleportation-," Asher exploded a light fixture above them. " And a form of pyrokinesis, that's rare."

" Pyrokinesis?"

" A super baby having more than one power after birth and being able to stay so young. Are you from this world? I know this may sound strange to you, but my brother made a portal after he claimed to see another dimension."

" Yes, we are from another world, I was just- in a room where there were a million doors and it is hard to explain..."

It seemed that John had no time to explain as Asher teleported them somewhere else again. This hopefully wasn't a frequent occurrence.

World 2: Daisy/Skye

John had to take a deep breath for the sixth time. It seemed like it had been a whole year since the boy hadn't teleported him across dimensions. They were in places for less than a few minutes and sometimes as long as two days, but they encountered no new people. Besides Phoebe, John hadn't killed or seen another human being. When he teleported to New York City again, he thought he was back home.

Maybe he could find the boy's mother and this thing would be over. Oh how wrong he was. He sighed, as he wished he had knew what had happened earlier. He had kind of been captured by some sort of government agency and he was still holding Asher thankfully.

" So, you do understand how all of this sounds? You caused a portal and then all sorts of crazy things escaped. It is not looking good for you. You are lucky that my team caught you before anything else happened."

John didn't feel lucky. He felt annoyed, he felt ashamed. He felt so many emotions, but lucky was not one of them. He really wanted to get out of here, even if he hurt a few people in the process. He took a deep breath. " I don't know what you are talking about. The boy had been teleporting me, so it isn't like I have control over what he does. Odds are I am going to be teleported before he even wakes up."

" So, how would you describe-?"

" I don't know. Why do you care so goddamn much?"

The woman slammed her fists on the table and the whole room shook. " Because my boyfriend lost contact with me after he saved my life, as he disappeared, I was left standing here. So, I care if you are making problems worse than what happened to him."

" I honestly have no clue what happened to your boyfriend, but Miss.. I didn't catch your name."

" It doesn't matter. It isn't like Lincoln is going to come back."
" Lincoln? Would that happen to be the name of your boyfriend who had vanished?" Even if he hadn't intended too, he had uncovered some important information about her. That was a good thing. If he was going to get her to trust him, then communication was going to be key.

"Yes, that is his name. What does it matter to you though? I highly doubt that you are going to get out of those-," the woman said. He just needed to keep her talking. This wasn't his first time slyly picking a lock.

" Well, I can deliver a message to him if I run into him. What would you like me to tell him if I encounter him? Also, is it just Lincoln or is there a last name?" He hoped that this was going to be distracting enough for him to finish picking his lock.

" Lincoln Campbell, that was his name. I don't think it matters much, but tells him that Daisy misses him."

John had finished picking the lock and thankfully Asher had picked now to teleport him. Well, he would deliver the message if he ran into the man. He doubted that it would happen- but he almost felt bad for Daisy. Almost. He sighed, as he looked around once more and was dragged to the next world.

World 3: Rita Hanson (GHD musical)
John had grown used to teleporting- more than used too. He had grown numb to it. Despite being with the boy for three years now, the man himself hadn't aged. He wasn't sure it was due to some sort of doing of the boy or just the multiverse travel not catching up to him yet. He didn't care either way. The boy had teleported them into a small town in the middle of a snow storm. John was lucky he didn't often wear short sleeves often. Sadly, Asher was not so lucky and John had to duck them into a bar for the time being.

" This should be a fine place to stay for now. That storm is pretty bad out there, Ash." He looked over at the boy.

"Cold-cold," Asher replied, shivering as he cuddled up to the other man for warmth. He didn't even register anything else right now. John surveyed around the bar. It seemed there was a bartender and a woman. He honed in on the woman, watching her.

" Phil, if you get the message- call me. I'm w- you can't just shirk work and disappear like this. I need this job," the woman said, before hanging up her phone. She noticed John watching her and glared back at him. "What are you looking at?"

" Oh, I'm terribly sorry, madam, I didn't intended to overhear your phone conversation, I was just trying to keep my mind off my cold nephew," John said to her.

Rita arched an eyebrow up at him. " Sorry about that, I just have a very bad w-day. Day. My weatherman just upped and vanished on me, can't find him anywhere and it just happened the day after he k-. We had an argument and he did something to scare me. I'm Rita by the way."

"John Stevenson and this is my nephew Asher. He's a little cold- snow storm came out of nowhere."

" Yeah it did. Been making it impossible to find a signal or leave by any vehicle, not even horse and buggy," she said, chuckling a bit about her own joke.

" I mean- horse and buggy was never meant for such weath- or so I heard," he said to her. " I'm a bit of a history buff alongside being a doctor. Early 1800s and Jack the Ripper, both fascinating things in my opinion," he said.

Rita blinked twice, uncertain how to respond to that random trivia. She decided to just distance some of that information and focus on the doctor bit. " So, you're a doctor. That seems fascinating. What medical school did you go to?"

" You probably never heard of it. It closed down a long time ago, learned to be a doctor and surgeon there. So, enough about me, you mentioned that you were worried about a weatherman, Phil?"

Rita sighed. " You probably heard of him, Phil Connors. He's the weatherman of good Weather, on channel 5."

" .... Yes, I have heard of him. His forecasts are something." It was a lie, but after being too as many worlds as John had- lying was easier than explaining you travelled with a universe jumping baby/toddler.

" He goes off the books so often that it isn't funny," she replied. " I hope he is okay, I really need to go to bed, have a great Groundhog Day John."

John stared at her and watched her leave. " I guess we will be here for a bit while you warm up. Bar keep, do you have a spare room?" He asked.

The bartender nodded and handed him a key after he gave him American cash. It seemed good here. John went upstairs and rested Asher on his chest. The boy was asleep and he fell asleep too.

" Who is that? Who is that? Emerging from his burrow..." John hit the alarm clock but not before he heard the radio wished him a Happy Groundhog day. That seemed weird to the man. He looked over at Asher, who was awake. "This is different than anything else- right Ash?"

Asher nodded. " Not good," he said, as he looked at him.​
" Stay Asher, don't teleport..." John said, but was cut off by Asher.

" Caw't," he said.

John paused and looked over at the baby. He couldn't teleport them away from here. That was weird and different. " You can't teleport us away from here. Like your powers don't work here?" He asked.

Asher shook his head. " Boom boom no work , go bye bye doesn't," he replied to his Uncle John.

image.jpg

After spending a good twenty minutes trimming down the beard, he emerged, looking less psychotic and more friendly for the age.

320x180-Q90_50e1801d4bad0681398014b698d94c5f.jpg

" Come on Ash, let's figure out what's wrong with this place," he said. After a good twenty or so minutes, he entered a dinner and spotted a diner. " Rita, was it?" He asked.

"Huh- I don't recognize you. Who are you?" Rita asked.

" I'm John- we met yesterday, I know I shaved- but come on now-," Rita shoved him out the door and sat on the park bench.

" So- you do remember yesterday? I'm not the only one. I have been repeating February 2nd, with and without Phil for... well- over four years and now whenever it hits the point he vanishes, it resets. The loop can't move on without him.... it's stuck. Perpetually stuck. Nobody can leave, nobody at all. I assume you appeared from somewhere and now you're stuck... hopefully he comes back soon, in about three days, it will reset and go back to the start. I'll remember this and you will... but we will be the only ones. THE Only Ones, so listen good, please whatever you do, don't leave yet. Please."

John could only sigh. He would wait three days time and then he would leave if they could- he hoped they could.​

Last edited:
The Ever-changing House ( Part 1: Physical changes and Interludes)

Chapter 1
Physical Transformations: Appetizers

Legend goes that there is a unique house in this world- well, to call it as a house was to undermine what it truly was. A giant mansion. This house/mansion has the habit of moving around the world- never going to the exact spot twice. It also says that people that enter it can be physically, mentally or emotionally transformed. Nobody knows what in the house does this- but some argue that it is some unique food that is found there. So unique. Of course, this is all speculative since anyone who ever entered the house has never came back, and if they did- no one could recognize them. Others argue the house is evil. I am about to find out the truth about this house- even if it kills me.

-From the journal of Jackson Williams

Jackson closed his journal and took a deep breath. This wasn't the first time he had written in his journal about the ever-changing house. It was actually the 127th time he had written about it in his sixteen year life. He had become enthralled by it especially after his grandma had told him that his parents had found the house and went there for the changes. Sadly, it would seem that them and the other six classmates they went on with never returned. Each was left with only their grandma. The four of them. Jackson Williams, Sophia Grace, Aiden Walker and Emma Stone. They had all become enthralled and wanted to find it. Aiden and Emma wanted to find it for the same reason as their parents, to be changed.

Jackson and Sophia, however was more interested in the other purpose. To find out what happened to their parents. The four of them had convened in the woods to come up with a plan to find it.​
" So, how do you think we should go about finding the house?" Sophia asked.

Jackson had pondered this for a while. He hadn't found any consistent way that they could find the house. " I have been trying to find that out for the longest time."

" Well, we have already found it. That is why we called this meeting to order," Aiden replied.

Emma nodded to show that he was telling the truth.

Jackson paused and looked over at Aiden. " So, where is the place that we are looking for?" He asked.

" Well- it's-... behind us." As if by some magic, the house was literally behind them. Jackson blinked twice. It hadn't been there before. The house had to be some kind of magic and he sighed. Before anyone could stop him, he walked into the house and the others followed him. As soon as the last of them entered, the door closed behind them.

Sophia pulled the door and paled " It's locked. I guess we are stuck here for now," she said.

Jackson went across the room to the other door and it was also locked. " This one is also locked. I imagine that we must have to do something to open it." Jackson looked around the room and spotted a sign. It read: Physical changes are done here. One must be done for each of the three courses before proceeding. Food shall appear once this sign is read. Foods available to eat for appetizer. Mozarella sticks Garlic knots, French fries and Italian bread. Effects of each food.... the rest of the sign was faded and it disappeared after Jackson had read it.

" So, what did the sign say?" Emma asked, looking over at Jackson. He looked at them and back at the area and the food had appeared, He was the only one who could answer what the sign had said.

" There are going to be three courses and we have to eat one food for each course. We can't proceed until we do. These are supposed to be the physicals changes."

Before Jackson could finish his sentence, Aiden had already taken one of the foods, the French fries and taken a bite of them. Jackson paused and watched to see what strange effects it had on his slightly overweight, average height, couldn't grow a beard to save his life friend. He waited and paused. It didn't seem that he had changed at all. Perhaps the house was all just lies. It could all be a game, but before he could finish his thought, a bright flash of light was seen. Jackson had to cover his eyes to shield them from the light.

After the light flashed away, Aiden stood there. But he looked completely transformed. He had to be at least a foot taller and was muscular, like he had gone to the gym since he was thirteen instead of binge-watching Netflix. He wasn't sure what to say- the house wasn't a lie. It was legit. The magic was in the food. " What are you looking at?" He asked, his voice a lot deeper than it had been before. He seemed just as shocked as everyone else. Jackson pulled out his phone and took a picture and handed it to his friend. "That's me?" He asked, as the others nodded. He sat down on a bench that appeared.

Jackson immediately noticed something. Once Aiden had eaten the fries, all of them had disappeared. It seemed that whenever something was eaten- it vanished. That made sense. Once the effect was known, anyone could exploit it. It seemed that the house took that into account.

Jackson looked over at Emma. She seemed to be frowning. He knew why. Aiden was gay and she loved him. He had known what change she wanted. She wanted Aiden to love her and the only one to do that was to become a teenage boy. He was about to comment that they should take their time about eating the food when Emma grabbed a Mozarella stick and crunched on it. It seemed that she just wanted the change to happen. He bit down on his lower lip and covered his eyes, as the light covered the room. God, the house sure liked to be flashy.

Standing in Emma's place was a boy who was about her size and had short blonde hair and was about average height. She/ He didn't comment and sat next to Aiden. He wasn't sure what to say. He looked back at Sophia and the food. He hated Garlic knots, she hated Italian bread- it was very obvious what food the two of them were going to eat. Above the door, a counter that read two was showing.

Jackson sighed and took a deep breath. He grabbed the Italian bread and took a bite of it. He wondered what the food had tasted like and he got his answer when he bit down it. It tasted like regular Italian bread, yet it didn't. It was weird to say this- but he wasn't sure what made it taste different. Maybe it was the magic or something else. After he finished it and swallowed, he took a deep breath. There was no bright light for him- did he do something wrong? It seemed Sophia transformed and had gotten a little taller, but nothing changed for him. He wasn't muscular, he wasn't thinner, he wasn't taller. He was the same. " I guess it didn't work," he said.

All of them said it at once. Three words. Your eye color. He pulled out his phone and his eyes were now a deeper emerald green. The door swung open and he looked over at them. " I guess we can proceed," he said. As they did, the door closed behind them once they were in the next room. No going back now.

Chapter 2

Physical Transformations: Main Courses

The ever-changing house's first room was much different than what the legends told me about it. The legend told about dying in there or the transformations working against the original form and killing the host. It seems that these were all just tales to keep the people from searching from it. There were of course, details that they got right- the sign that told you there was eating one of each that opened the door. It turned out that even the sign lied since the next room opened. Perhaps, that was the original plan, but it changed over time. Similiarly, it seems that the first physical changes all are involved with minor details such as eye colors, height differences and gender changes.

From what we gotten together, I should inform you of how we looked before we went through the first room and after.

Aiden: Slightly heavier than most people our age, average height, babyish voice, brown hair and no facial hair, Male, gay

Aiden after: Muscular, taller than most people our age, deeper voice, brown hair and still no facial hair.

Emma: Female, straight, long blond hair, petite body and gray eyes.

Emma after: Male, bi-sexual, short blond hair, same height and build, still beardless.

Sophia: Red hair, average height, bright blue eyes, petite body.

Sophia after: Red hair, slightly taller, same eye color and body type.

Last, but certainly not least myself.

Me: Dark brown hair, clean shaven, tall, average build, average weight, eyes were light green.

Me after: Dark brown hair, clean shaven, tall, average build and average weight, eyes have become emerald green.

After notes: I am uncertain what is going to happen next.

- From the Journal of Jackson Williams

Jackson wondered why the sign had lied, but he decided not to question it. He could have assumed wrong and he was still at a loss of why he had gotten one transformation as compared to everyone else. Maybe he had eaten something that wasn't double laced like everyone else. Perhaps it was because he only ate one slice of bread when everyone had grabbed two or three of their foods. He looked over at the area and once again the room was empty.

"I guess this is going to be a recurring game. Perhaps we have to find the sign and read it again before the food appears in front of us," he said, looking over at his friends.

" That does make sense," Emma replied.

" Emma, we kind of had to address something. You are a male now, we can't exactly call you Emma anymore."

Sophia nodded in agreement. Calling him Emma was weird and everyone in the group seemed to know that. " Perhaps you could call me Lucas," Emma, now called Lucas ( for the rest of the story) replied.

Jackson was happy that they had resolved that situation for the time being and he looked around the room. There didn't seem to be a sign at first- but he paused and blinked twice and saw the sign. " Hey, guys, do you see that sign?" He asked. He noticed that the others shook their head. It seemed that he was the only one to see it. Of course, it had taken a few moments to spot it. " Well, I am going to read it."

The sign read: None of you are dead yet? Jackson blinked twice and the sign's writing had changed. He wasn't sure why he had seen the original writing, but he felt like perhaps his eyes were playing tricks on him. He reread the sign: Congrats on clearing the first step to your complete transformation. Most people don't pass the first test and work together and are exe- ejected from the house. For the second time, Jackson could have sworn that the sign was saying something else, but he ignored it. It was obviously his imagination. Now, we bring your main courses. There are three of them- baked ziti, a pinwheel and pizza.

Jackson raised an eyebrow. The sign added something in. Four- I forgot about the never eaten baked clams. Effects are... the sign was faded like the last one and disappeared. The food had appeared .

" Jackson, what did the sign say?" She asked.

Jackson looked over at her and back at it. " That we have finished the first step and very few do and are kicked out of the house. Also, that there are four main courses. Baked zitis, a pinwheel, pizza and baked clams, which it forgot."

" Well, that certainly isn't suspicious," Sophia sarcastically replied to Jackson.

" I know, it certainly is." Sophia facepalmed and didn't bother to explain her obvious sarcasm. " So, who wants the baked clams? I am allergic to clams."

" Hate fish."
" Nearly died eating some clams once. Fatal to me," Lucas said to them. Everyone turned to Aiden who had always had the strangest tastes in food. He didn't like pizza, or meat or pasta. It was one of the regular gags that no one know he got fat when he eat so healthy that it was ridiculous.​
" I'll have them, I'll have them," he replied, grabbing a baked clam and taking a bite of what you were supposed to eat. Jackson watched his friend and expected a bright flash of light- but none of it had happened within the first few minutes. It seemed that the ever-changing house had a different way of doing magic. Instead of a bright flash of light, Aiden started to glow like a Christmas tree. What was up with this house and lights?

After the glow finished, Aiden had been transformed again and now had a light brown beard goatee combo. " Is there a reason that the area around my lips feel itchy?" He asked. Sophia pulled a mirror out of her purse and Aiden looked over at the table of baked clams and grabbed some more. Actually, Jackson had watched him grab all of them before the table disappeared. Before anyone could stop Aiden, he had eaten most of the baked clams and was finishing the last one. His body glowed once more and his face glowed entirely and had a full beard and mustache that was thick and bushy.

" Sucks to be you. I imagine that none of those are as awesome as mine," he replied to the others.

Jackson wasn't about to argue with his friend and he watched as Lucas grabbed some of the Pizza and took a bite out of it. He glowed for a moment and nothing happened at first. It really sucked to be a blond with a beard as it was never noticeable. Jackson titled his head and noticed that the pizza had changed Luca's hair to a chocolate brown and her own beard combo lightly appeared. It seemed that both of the guys had picked food that involved facial hair and Lucas ate the rest of the pizza. He now had a thick chocolate brown mustache beard combo. " Guess that it is my turn," she said, grabbing some of the pinwheel.

He watched as she glowed and she seemed to gain a change in her breasts. They were now a moderate size and he didn't know what to say about that. " Guess it is my turn. Luckily, you left me my favorite food," he said. He took a small bite of the baked ziti and sighed. The odds of him also getting a beard was so exponentially small that he figured it wouldn't happen. What was the odds that the house had laced the food with three magicks that had to do with facial hair growth?

He glowed and felt the same sensation that he felt before, that something was off, that the food didn't taste good, but yet it did. Normal people would have taken this as a sign something was wrong. However, Jackson wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He felt a strange itching sensation, similar to what Aiden had described. He pulled out his phone and he indeed had a light mustache from taking a nibble. He went back and grabbed the food before it vanished and scarfed it down. Each bite tasted worse than the last, but after enough time, he felt his whole face and it was covered in a dark brown beard and he smiled. The door clicked open and the four of them entered the next room. The door slammed closed. There was definitely no turning back now. Unbeknownest to Jackson, each of his friends had snuck a piece of the food out as he had. The house was not happy about that.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"They are proceeding to stage 3, soon enough they will find out the truth, but by then, it will be too late."
-------------------------------------------
Jackson opened his journal and wrote about his experience from the last room.

Chapter 3

Physical transformations: Just Desserts

We have now completed two rooms in the ever-changing house. It seemed that certain rumors and theories were proving to be true, the house adjusted to what you wanted. When my friend wanted to eat more baked clams, the food was still there. Similarly, the same could be said for the rest. It also seemed that there were other things that could be confirmed. The belief that only the initial sign reader can find the next sign and all others lose the ability to see it. I am not sure what caused this in the slightest. I have not forgotten anything about my parents- the house seems to keep its secret. Perhaps they had made it through- but it mentioned that many failed. If my parents even made it past the first room. I can't dwell too much on that. I also am weary of the signs.

For the record of everyone who knew us- I will also be recording the changes that took place in the last room, the first room and how we looked before. Below is a recording of that.

Aiden: Slightly heavier than most people our age, average height, babyish voice, brown hair and no facial hair, Male, gay

Aiden, after 1st room: Muscular, taller than most people our age, deeper voice, brown hair and still no facial hair, Male, gay

Aiden after 2nd room: Muscular, taller than most people our age, deeper voice, brown hair, thick bushy light brown beard, Male, gay

Emma after 1st room: Male, bi-sexual, short blond hair, same height and build, still beardless.

Emma after 2nd room: Renamed Lucas, Male, bi-sexual, short chocolate brown hair, same height and build, thick bushy chocolate brown beard.

Sophia: Red hair, average height, bright blue eyes, petite body, female

Sophia after 1st room: Red hair, slightly taller, same eye color and body type, female

Sophia after 2nd room: Red hair, slightly taller, same eye color and body type, breasts were changed, female.

And last, but not least, myself.

Me: Dark brown hair, clean shaven, tall, average build, average weight, eyes were light green.

Me after 1st room: Dark brown hair, clean shaven, tall, average build and average weight, eyes have become emerald green.

Me after 2nd room: Dark brown hair, thick dark brown bushy beard, tall, average build and average weight, emerald green eyes.

I still have the least amount of changes as compared to my friends. It strangely bothers me.

Note 1: I am uncertain what deserts and effects they will have. The sign is still super vague.

Note 2: I am no closer to the truth.

Final note/Note 3: The food tastes weird- nobody else had commented on this. Similarly, the beard seemed to emulate actual beard growth. I wonder if we are still even physically look 16.

-From the Journal of Jackson Williams

Jackson took a deep breath and looked around the next room. It seemed to be the same as the other rooms they had entered at first. Barren and empty with nothing in it. No tables, no food, no sign. He had noticed the trend that the room was empty before the sign was active. He looked around the room to see if he could spot the sign. He noticed that it was behind them where the close door was. He wasn't sure why, but he had noticed that the sign was always moving.

" Jack, do you see the sign? It seems that you are the only one who can see that goddamn thing," Aiden replied.

" That probably has everything to do with the fact that he entered the house and read the 1st sign. If legend is to believed, there is only one person in the group who can read the signs. I am going to assume that Jackson is our man to do that."

" Well, Jack, read the sign, so the food can appear. I am not sure what these effects could be, but I imagine that there has be something to change about us. It would make sense to have three physical changes for each of us. I imagine we get the remaining one."

" I really could do without the beard."

" I imagine that the effects are gender specific to everyone in the room. I imagine I could get a muscular build, perhaps a deeper voice or a hair color change since none of these have happened to me and these are all things that I wouldn't mind being change. Likewise, I imagine Lucas would get more muscular with a deeper voice and height, maybe the eye color. I imagine it will be just eye color or hair color for Aiden and for you Sophia, perhaps also eye color. I mean- you always complain about your eyes."

" I guess you are right about that. I hate my brown eyes, they are so ordinary to compare to everything else."

Jackson turned back to the sign and it only read two things. Please don't move food through rooms in the future- the house does not like that, please place them on the floor. Also, figure out the effects yourself, you got two rooms down- you know the gist. Our desserts are cheesecake, zeppole, struffoli. Before you raise your goddamn eyebrows, your least favorite dessert is the cannoli. Since you were all greedy bastards, one of each dessert has been loaded with the effects. Also, riddle me this, once you finished your transformation, tell me what all of your food had in common to exit.

It disappeared and he looked at them and slide the baked Ziti out of the container he had placed in. Aiden pulled out a baked clam, Sophia pulled out the pinwheel and Lucas took out the pizza. He sighed. " So, we learned the other lesson. Never steal from the house." Each of them placed the item on the floor and they vanished. Out of nowhere, the tables appeared with one of each of the desserts. The four of them eyed the food and turned back to Aiden.

" I know, I know, I eat the first dessert. I get the first effect. We have been doing it for the past two rooms. You know I hate most Italian foods except the cannoli. Those things are gifts from God and I wouldn't mind having one," he said, as he grabbed the food and took a bite out of it. Jackson absorbed to see what flashy light show the house had started- first was the blinding light, next was the Christmas tree lights and he waited. It took a few moments, but light bounced off of Aiden around the room. This time wasn't a light attractor, it was the opposite. Everything except themselves and Aiden were dark and then his friend started to blink light for a few seconds before it settled down.

It didn't take long for Jackson to notice the difference or the two differences. The beard had remained, the hair was the same color. However, Aiden's eyes were now a deep blue as compared to the baby blue they started off as. Also, he was no longer a pale white skin tone, his skin was slightly tanned and looked good." It's the eyes, they changed shades of blue like our friend here. I guess I should have expected it."

Lucas grabbed the zeppole and took a bite out of it. He had the same effect as his friends before him and his transformation was complete. He had gotten more muscular, even taller than before and his eyes were now a deeper gray. His hair had also grown a little. " Well, I guess I was right." His voice had gotten deeper. He was the same pale white he had always been for a minute, but before Jackson could blink, the skin also became a tanned white.

He looked over at the table and saw what had happened the first time. Lucas had left one food he hated and one Sophia hated. It had been happening for the last two rooms and it hadn't changed. He looked over at Sophia and she picked up the stroffli. She bite into it and her eyes glowed and became a vibrant purple. She also grew a little and gained some muscle. Her skin also became the tanned white.

Jackson turned to the piece of cheesecake and was uncertain about what had happened to lead here. he expected one effect. It was all he had ever gotten before. He took a bite of the cheesecake and he was confounded. Unlike the last few times with the solo magic, the cheesecake tasted normal. He ate it rapidly and saw the flash of lights and the effects that were happening. However, while his other transformations had been awkward, this one was different. He kneeled over in pain and blinked once it was gone. " God, that hurt like a bitch. I have no clue how you guys handled that. You know, my lower pain tolerance must be why," he said, as he caught it. An effect. His voice was deeper. He grabbed his phone and put it in portrait and held it away. He was more muscular and definitely taller, matching Aiden's new height. He also noticed that his hair color had changed to a sandy blonde and his thick beard was still visble somehow. He looked over at the area where the sign was. His normally light brown skin was now even lighter and looked whiter than before. " Italian, all of the food we had was Italian." The door clicked and behind it were four separate corriders.

" I guess we go down one," Aiden said. The others nodded and walked down a path.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Initating phase 2. It is too late to turn back now."
-----------------------------------
Jackson opened his journal and started to write things down.

Interlude- When will my Reflections show me who I truly want to be outside? /Hall of Reflections

To play while reading chapter:

Reflections. There is something to be said about them. They show what we already know about. Our face, our eyes, our nose, our mouth. The tiredness in our eyes. Sometimes when we look into our reflections, we are not sure what we are seeing. Maybe one day you wake up with that pimple to ruin your perfect face or your mustache is finally growing. There is also the time where you grow over the years and look at old pictures while staring in the mirror and don't know who the true you is. Oh yeah, look at me. I am getting so insightful, but you don't want to know this. I still strive to find my parents- I am still me.

I normally mention what happened, but instead, I will let the descriptors talk for me.

Aiden, after 1st room: Muscular, taller than most people our age, deeper voice, brown hair and still no facial hair, Male, gay

Aiden after 2nd room: Muscular, taller than most people our age, deeper voice, brown hair, thick bushy light brown beard, Male, gay

Aiden after 3rd room: Muscular, taller than most people our age, deeper eyes, brown hair, thick bushy brown beard, sea blue eyes now, tanned white skin, male, gay

Emma after 1st room: Male, bi-sexual, short blond hair, same height and build, still beardless.

Emma after 2nd room: Renamed Lucas, Male, bi-sexual, short chocolate brown hair, same height and build, thick bushy chocolate brown beard.

Emma after 3rd room: Male, bi-sexual, short chocolate brown hair, taller like us and muscular, thick bushy chocolate brown hair, tanned white skin and gray eyes were a darker shade.

Sophia: Red hair, average height, bright blue eyes, petite body, female

Sophia after 1st room: Red hair, slightly taller, same eye color and body type, female

Sophia after 2nd room: Red hair, slightly taller, same eye color and body type, breasts were changed, female.

Sophia after 3rd room: Red hair, slightly taller, purple eyes, slightly muscular, female

And last, but not least, myself.

Me after 1st room: Dark brown hair, clean shaven, tall, average build and average weight, eyes have become emerald green.

Me after 2nd room: Dark brown hair, thick dark brown bushy beard, tall, average build and average weight, emerald green eyes.

Me after 3rd room: Sandy blonde hair, thick sandy blonde bushy beard, tall, muscular build, emerald green eyes and a lighter skin tone.

-From the Journal of Jackson Williams

Aiden walked down his corridor and looked around. Each step he took, he saw his reflections and he took a breath. It was so weird to see what he looked like. Before he had looked like the guy no one wanted to date and now, here he was the guy people would fall head over heels with. He was muscular, he had a beard, his hair and eyes matched beautifully and his voice was deeper. It was everything that he dreamed he could be. It felt so surreal that he barely noticed when he got to the end of the hall of reflections and was stopped by a figure. " Hello, Mr. Walker. I have one simple question. How old are you?"

Aiden paused. " Sixt-," he paused and looked back at his reflection. " Twenty-one."

The figure smiled and disappeared. Aiden wasn't sure why he had nearly said sixteen. It had been a long time since he had been that age. He took a breath and went to meet up with his friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucas walked down his corridor and looked back and forth. Each step he took, he saw the reflections and wasn't surprised by what he saw. He felt that everyone looked like this. He was like Aiden, yet different. He was muscular, he had a beard and was tall. His voice was deep. It was all of these things and he wasn't sure what to think, before a figure appeared. " Hello, Mr. Stone. I have one simple question. How old are you?"

" S-," he turned to his reflection and looked back at the man. " Twenty-one."

The figure disappeared and he wasn't sure what he was about to say before twenty-one. Whatever it was certainly wasn't his age. He headed to the next room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sophia skipped down the corridors and looked at the mirrors occasionally. Each step she took, she reminded herself of the real reason she was here. It wasn't for these transformations. It was to find what happened to her parents and that meant playing the house's game. She noticed as the figure appeared. " Hello, Ms. Grace. I have one simple question. How old are you?"

" Sixteen and no amount of reflecting will change who I am." The figure frowned and disappeared. She had her purpose and that was to solve the mystery.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson felt weird being alone. He looked all the reflections that were in there, but each one looked so far from who he was. Sometimes when you got everything you wanted, you realize how much you didn't want them. The appearance was beautiful and he couldn't deny that- but it also wasn't him. He was still the sixteen year old who loved the legends of the house and who still wanted to know the truth about his parents. He was determined to find that. No amount of changes to his hair, to his muscle, to his body would change that.

The figure appeared. " Hello, Mr. Williams. I have one simple question. How old are you?"

" Sixteen going on seventeen. No changes can change who I am at the core. I am here to find out the truth. I will do it." The figure frowned and disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Memo from the figure: Two are on the path to corruption, but the other two are stubborn like their parents and are determined to find the mystery's answers. I believe it is time to up the stakes. Someone has to die.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson opened his journal and wrote in as he entered the next room.

Interlude 2- The Other One
Unknown to the four friends, one of their classmates had followed them to the house. He was a nosey sort of boy. His name was Liam Connors. Liam watched as the four friends walked into the house and frowned when the door slammed. He couldn't get in. There was nothing for him to do now and it made him severely upset. He wanted to experience the wonders of the house.

There were tons of things he wanted to change about himself. He was short, he spoke with a stutter, he couldn't grow facial hair, he had the voice that sounded like a chipmunk and a helium had had a baby. He was scrawny and couldn't breathe properly. He had asthma. He was the ephiphany of the proverb of Murphy Law. Everything went wrong for him. Every single little thing. He was poor, he wasn't too bright.

The red haired boy waited for something to happen, but the house didn't move and after a good hour, the door seemed to swing open and he entered the house. It seemed that the four friends were already gone and he looked around the room. There seemed to be a sign. It read : " Hello, normally, we don't get a second guest immediately after the first and often have time to restock items and magic. We however have one course that we offer that people forget about."

Liam arched an eyebrow. " M-m-m-magic? W-w-w-what c-c-course?" He asked, as he seemed to get the answer. It was a weird type of object, but it was indeed food. He couldn't understand what it was- but it seemed that he had to eat. He took the fork that had appeared out of thin air and took a bit of the food and licked his lips. He enjoyed it thoroughly and it tasted wonderful and he couldn't imagine anyone hating it. He took a deep breath and smiled. He could breathe. The house had cured his asthma. The food had disappeared.

The door swung open, both of them and for the briefest second, Liam looked back and debated what he should do. He could go home, cured of his asthma, but he would still sound horrible and be bullied. He looked at the door and proceeded to the next room. He paused and looked at the sign again.

It read this time: " There were four, we got the special course left though." Liam watched in anticipation, as another blob appeared and he held the fork and took a bit of the food. Though, he knew that there was magic, he felt a sharp pain in his back. " Ow-that hurts," he said, as he looked around the room and saw he was taller and could see the whole doorway. It was great and he was also muscular. His voice was still horrible and he looked over at the food, as the two doors opened again.

Once again, the young teen was at an impasse. He could go home and leave it all behind, but he thought back to the kids who teased him. He still wasn't perfect. Sure, he could punch them back and then everything would be better, but then they would get bigger and he would be hurt.

The sign, that Liam ignored read: He's simple bait, isn't he?

Liam walked through to the next room and he looked around for the sign. There was none, but there was a plate of two objects. One was a cookie and the other was a muffin. There were two simple words on it. Enjoy it. He debated what he wanted to eat and finally settled on the muffin. As he chewed on the muffin, he coughed. " W-w-w-w hat w-w-w-as in that m-m--m--muffin?" He asked, confused. It took him a second to realize that it was his voice. He could leave now, but he looked at the cookie and wondered what effect it had. Would it get rid of his stutter?

He took a small nibble of the cookie and felt an itching on his face and felt his upper lip. A light mustache had started to formed. He took a second bite and felt more hair grow around his cheek. It didn't take long for the boy to shove the rest of the cookie in his mouth and like the friends before him, he had a thick, full and bushy red beard. He could turn back now- but he choose to proceed to the next room.

In the hall of mirrors, he simply walked straight and pulled the door. It was locked. Guess, he was waiting again.

" If one betrays, then they will let you in."

Last edited:
The Stuff Nightmares Are Made Of- Scott and Stiles Fluff
Stiles Stilinski was used to nightmares happening for him. He had been through two traumatic events. First it had been the Dark Place with the bear and the field trip. The next event was the breaking of the Coalition. Did he regret leaving the Coalition? To a small degree, yes. But it was just too much for him. It didn't matter that these events may have been next to time for home, it had felt like an eternity for him. Of course, nothing quite measured what Scott had been through.

From what Scott would tell him, Rapture was a place that you didn't want to be. Despite having his powers, he had came out of their damaged. Stiles could see that it had affected him. All the people who died already that he couldn't bear. It was just the things Scott that told him that he knew, but the stuff he didn't tell him was unmeasurable in comparison. He didn't know what he been through. From how Scott described, it was a single day or two, but those days had left Scott more shaken than his entire lifetime. The thing was Scott slept and endured the nightmares.

Stiles, on the other hand, hadn't slept in a good long time. He took naps and short bursts of sleep, but he refused to allow himself into REM sleep. He knew that the deaths of the people in his head would echo through his mind. Yes, all of those people had been guilty of murder..... but they didn't deserved what was given to them. The death kept Stiles awake or awake enough to watch Scott at night.

Scott tossed in turn in his sleep. Stiles had taken to chaining the werewolf to the bed for his own safety in case he lashed out in his dreams or got too upset. He was grateful that he had stolen a pair of handcuffs on their brief visit back home before coming here. He also took the key with him, so that the wolf wasn't chained to the bed.

" No, get off of me. Get away, get away," Scott mumbled in his sleep. Stiles had no clue what he was hoping would get away from him.

Stiles noticed that Scott managed to break the handcuffs. Well, fuck. Fuck. Stiles reacted immediately and shook Scott. " Scott, wake the fuck up, wake up."

After a few good shakes, Scott stirred awake. Stiles breathed a sigh of relief. " Stiles, what happened?" Scott asked him.

Stiles sighed. "You had another nightmare. Scott, what's freaking you out so much?" He asked.

Scott looked over at him. "You wouldn't-"

" Don't you dare say I won't understand. I went through my own personal hell with a talking bear."

Scott sighed. "I'm happy that you made it out with friends... it's just I didn't. The person I thought I could trust- well, she turned around and killed someone in front of me. I nearly killed something Stiles in self-defense. It was a long two days."

" Scott, do you remember when I had the nightmares? The one about the nogitsune and told you about it? I think you need the same thing. You have to face your fears."

Scott started to cry. " Stiles- I don't think I can...I don't think I can. I am not strong enough to do that. It's like... do you remember that time in the hotel?" He asked. " It's like that and ten times worse. It hurts."

Stiles responded the only way he knew how
3x06-scott-and-stiles.gif
" We can get through this together. I'm here for you and so is everyone else." He took his hand and pulled him into a hug.​
" Thanks Stiles... I need that. Are you okay?" He asked.

Stiles wasn't about to let Scott worry about him. " I'm fine, now go back to bed." Scott nodded and fell back asleep, his nightmares gone for now. Stiles, exhausted from staying awake fell into a REM sleep and tossed and turned in.

He was scared, but he felt less pain and the nightmare and he knew what happened. Scott had taken away the pain of the memories.

Like a brother. They would always have each other backs.

Always.

Last edited:
Co-written with @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Dying was the last thing on the clone of Matthew Harris's mind. Dying in an alleyway after finding out that the world didn't want or need you was also not how he expected to go.

Yeah, he knew that alleyways were super sketchy and that he would have better luck not getting hurt at the wedding of his own self, but he hadn't expected to be stabbed by another kid who was lurking there. He didn't expect to die on the cold floor, just three blocks from where he was created.

Something was poetic about that- too bad it was lost on him.

Meanwhile, not too far off, Adam was taking his evening stroll when he spotted the regenerating clone. " Seriously, could you make my life any more difficult, Starlight?" Hopefully the city didn't answer in that way he hated most, by answering his rhetorical question. No seriously, he didn't need a portal from the sky or something.

Adam, despite being a technical god, still had a lot to learn about the way the universe works. For instance, when a situation applies that has even the barest possibility for an unfortunate ironic situation, complaining about how bad things were or, even worse, stating that it couldn't possibly get any worse, would spark said ironic situation into being, unless intentionally invoked of course.

Adam should have known better than asking that question. He was a god of knowledge and had told the heroes he mentored to never ask questions like that. It was kind of ironic in of itself that he had to address it himself to realize what was wrong with what he said. He looked for a portal or something to go horribly wrong. He expected it, like a kid getting a Christmas present they always wanted, but never needed.

Said irony came in the form of a young man clad in jeans and a leather jacket suddenly appearing and slamming into the concrete with bone crushing force, then lying there unmoving. At least there was no portal involved.

Oh, look, a young man slamming into a wall in front of him. So, now he had two injured teens. Seriously? " I asketh it and I shall receive it. So, would either of you like to wake up? Nope, great. I guess we are going to the hospital or something."

The unnamed young man, perhaps surprisingly, perhaps unsurprisingly, didn't offer an intelligent comeback or discourse. He might have groaned in pain slightly though.

Adam sighed and walked over to the man. He waved his hand and summoned some healing magic. He rarely healed people, but he felt that this man was worth the saving to do.

The boy groaned and shook his head, sitting up as some strange force pulled his body back from the brink. He could feel it tingling across the nerves of his body, active magic reacting to dormant magic. The young man let out a low groan, the feel of organs shifting and bones knitting themselves incredibly uncomfortable and painful, the magic targeting the smallest damage first and then dealing with the bigger problems. That meant every nerve ending was awake and sensing the incredible wrongness that was happening to the body in the presence of fixing it.

Meanwhile, completely unnoticed in the background the clone was regenerating. It was as painful as possible for the clone since he only had one regeneration under his belt. He could speed heal like a pro, but Nicholas had only programmed one second time for the man. It was a fail safe. A way to make sure that if his son ever did return ( spoilers: he did) , the clone would be able to live its own life once it died. It wouldn't be tied to its past. Of course, the only problem was that it was meant to be in a controlled setting and it hurt like all hell. God, damn it all for once.

And then it was done. Pain leads to anger, anger leads to suffering, suffering to agony, and then agony gives way to clarity. And beyond clarity, for those who choose it, is rebirth.

And then it was done. The healing at least, the physical appearance melted away to reveal something different. A new younger man, but one who could survive in this city for once. A nameless man,alas.

The boy was reborn, slowly finding his footing, a hand against the wall to keep himself steady. The passive magic-sense he possessed pointed the origin of that flush of mana from the man in front of him. Bowing his head, he simply said, "Thank you."

The clone also struggled to stand up. Regenerating like healing was painful, it was messy. But it was worth it. " You are most welcome. Do you have a name?" a asked,addressing it to both the bmen. . If not, well, Adam would be pulling a name of thin air.

"William." The young man said without a moment's hesitation. Then he hesitated. "...My Mom and Dad... where am I?"

" This here is Starlight City. It's a far way from you home," he said, looking over at him. He looked at the clone who responded.

" Me too, I'm a William too." Yup, the clone still had the knack of copying things.

" How... interesting. Guess, I will call you Liam," he said, addressing the one who seemed confused. " And you Will."

How creative Adam had been made very obvious by those nicknames... he wasn't.

"I'd ask how I got here, but I seem to at least remember the end of the trip." He said wryly. "You. You're a Mage, aren't you?" His brow crinkled, confusion taking residence on his face. "And how do I know what a Mage is?"

" Yeah, that was one of the most painful landings I seen in awhile... and I saw Iron Man get impaled by the top of a building. Not pleasant. I wouldn't call myself a Mage. More of a Hero of Time. It's messy. If I were to bet money, it's probably past knowledge or the city itself."

Will was confused.

"No. No No No. I've seen maps of so many realms. Starlight isn't in any of them. No one has *been here* before. I'm completely off the reservation." He held his hands in his hands. "Mom and Dad won't be able to find me."

" You won't find us on maps. We kind of exist in a world that straddles between two worlds. Also, it is kind of hard to map a place no one can leave. Well, unless you're Iron Man. Still haven't figured out how he did that. But yeah, your parents won't find you."

Will was listening, tapping his foot as he waited for someone to talk to him.

The newly christened Liam held his hands out, palms down. Deep breath in, deep breath out. A woman stood in his mind's eye, blonde hair and cherry red lips, speaking to him in the gentle voice of a guardian. "Breathe in, breathe out. Panic only makes things worse for you and better for the asshole messing with you. Breathe in, breathe out. Take all of the panic, all of the worry, all of the fear, and flush it through your hands."

Will took a deep breath and he looked at the ground. He didn't remember much about his past- he was a blank slate. However, in the recess of his mind, he remembered there had been a nice woman who had talked to him. " Once you are reborn, everything will be better. I know that your father wanted a failsafe to let you die easily, but I think you need a second chance- even if it will destroyed my life and my marriage. Sometimes men are wrong."

"Is it magic?" He had asked.

Will hadn't thought much of it recently.

"Kinda." She had replied. "Anything is magic if you wish hard enough."

It had seemed that it had come back just when he needed it to be though.

Liam opened his eyes, calmer, but still troubled. "Then I'll have to find them. I *will* find my way home, Mr. Adam."

Adam looked over at him. " I am sure that you will, but do you need a place to stay for the time being," he replied to him.

A bit hesitantly, because he didn't get what the man was implying, he asked. "Can I stay with you?"

Adam was sure he had been clear, but he looked over at him. " Sure, you can stay with me," he replied.

William chewed his lip, thinking it over. On one hand, he didn't know the person in front of him, and advanced paranoia demanded he suspect the person closest to the scene as the culprit. On the other hand, he lacked the elder generation's advanced sense of caution. Deciding to take a risk, he asked a very important question as neutrally as he could. "Do you know what an assassin is?"

Will looked around and wondered if the strange man was going to take him in too. He didn't ask, but he hoped that was the truth. He looked over at him and wasn't sure what he could say to make things better. " I do know of assassins. We don't have many in the city itself, but we have a few. My son is one of them. It's a long and complicated story." It seemed that he wasn't going to go into much details.

That was the exact reason Liam had chosen such a generic term. It wouldn't give too much away too fast, but it was something to build on. "What kind of assassins?"

Adam looked over at him. He was certain he knew how to phrase it. " He's more of a vigilante assassin. I don't see him much, so I can't elaborate much more about this thing."

Vigilante assassins. It had to be them. It had to be. "What is the assassin's creed?" Hope creeping into his voice from how close to them.

Adam looked over at him. " I don't know much about it , I have never asked him. He tells me he only kills the guilty, but I don't talk much to him."

And just like that, his hopes were... not quite dashed, but severely delayed. Bowing his head respectfully, he asked. "Mr. Adam. I realize you've already done a lot for me, but... is there any way that I could meet your son? He could be very important to me getting home."

Adam paused, as if he was debating something, before he spoke again. " Well, that would be simple enough to do- except, recently, my sons have been disappearing- not sure how or why, but besides Legendary, I haven't seen any of them in a long time," he replied to Liam.

"I can wait," He promised. Then, he stood to the side, getting out of the clones way. He was content to follow at this point, and learn more about this strange city.

Will looked over at him and waited for Liam to move forward. Ahh...how sweet and creepy, Will was planning on shadowing Liam. Adam led the way, walking past the square and towards his house.

Liam followed like a shadow to Adam, achingly aware of the young man shadowing him in turn. He fidgeted slightly under the close attention, before stilling his hands. Clarity begins in the mind and flows outward. Don't be nervous. Don't be nervous.

Adam, ever oblivious to everything around him walked through the school grounds and finally to his house. He turned the keys and waited for the other two to follow him inside. He hadn't really been paying attention to either of them. Hopefully, neither had been hit by traffic the two times they crossed streets.

Thankfully not being hit by the traffic under the carefully watchful eye of their self appointed guardian, Liam stopped for a moment and took in the house he'dd apparently be staying. It wasn't a fancy affair, something he was thankful for. The home he'd grown up in had been a little large and drafty, full of figurative and literal ghosts. This looked better.

It wasn't as if their watchful self-appointed guardian was bad at his job. He just didn't know that they were mentally seven and five, respectively. He took a deep breath and turned to the boys. " Do you two want anything to eat? I think I have some sandwiches in the fridge," he said. Will looked over at Liam. If he ate, he would eat too, if not, they would starve together.

"Would you mind if I cook?" He asked. The request was twofold, first he wanted to earn his keep. The second, he was used to the cooking. Dad was bad in the kitchen, mom usually lit the meal on fire, and grandpa. He suppressed a shudder.

Adam looked over at him and debated what to say next. " I wouldn't mind at all. I have had so many people cook here," he said, as he looked over at him. He wondered if Will would want to help Liam cook, but he decided not to ask that for the time being.

Liam began the preparations to make a trio of grilled cheese sandwiches. It was simple to make, quick, and easy enough since he didn't know his way around the kitchen. While he was working he observed Adam and Will from the corner of his eye, trying to figure out their particular brand of weird. Growing up where he did, he was familiar with many different types of strangeness.

Will watched as Liam mad the grilled cheese sandwiches and looked around the room and noticed a plant and he sneezed. A mighty sneeze, which wouldn't have been so bad... except he had kind of froze the whole room with a ton of ice. Well, that was going to be a pain in the neck to clean up.. He looked around and wondered what he could say to apologize for freezing the whole kitchen.

Well, he suddenly got a lot closer to understanding the weirdness involved with Will as he blocked an . Metahuman, uncontrolled abilities. Powerful too if the amount of the room frozen was any indication. "Gesundheit." He said dryly.

Will seemed a little embarrassed that he had frozen the whole room. He looked over at him. " Did I ruin dinner?" He asked in the most innocent tone. Adam took a deep breath and waited to see how Liam would address the whole situation.

"Well." Liam took a look around the kitchen. Thankfully, the stove and the ingredients had been spared, though the room was going to become a rainforest when the snow eventually defrosted. "I think we're goo-...," His voice trailed away as he looked closer at the piece of ice. Something was wrong with his reflection.

Will looked over at him and he hoped he hadn't ruined diner. It would be really bad if he ruined it. Somehow, no object had been frozen, only walls and floors. Kind of like Van gogh throwing colors on a canvas and not hitting the floor. He paused and wondered if Liam was okay and if anything had happened. Will looked at his reflection and was confused. Who was that?

His eyes shot open wide enough to show his whites, and he stumbled back, the ice slipping from his fingers.

Adam took a deep breath and muttered a spell to melt the ice under his breath. " Are you two okay?" He asked, looking over at dinner too.

"I am not okay." Liam said, distress evident in his voice. "I'm old!"

Adam decided to approach this as cautiously as possible. " How old do you appear to be compared to how old you remember being?"

"I'm seven." He cried indignantly. "This guy in the mirror has to be at least twenty."

" Hmmm...." Adam put his hand on his chin and thought for a moment. " Give me a second," he said, quickly going upstairs to grab something. After a few moments, he came back with a device. " This is an age modulator, measures mental and physical age for precision." Adam scanned Will and Liam.

The scanner came back as Liam had promised it would, at least mentally. He was seven in his mind, or at least his memories. His skills and a little bit of his personality were older. Physically, he was close, but off by a year. He was still nineteen.

Adam looked over at him and checked Will's read. Mentally, five. Physically, 17. He looked over at the two of them. " Nineteen and seventeen for precision sake, but seven and five mentally. I imagine that has to do with how I found you," Will gave puppy dog eyes to Liam.

Liam tried to ignore the pleading look that Liam was giving him. He was currently trying to wrap his own mind around it. Okay. Calm. Think. "Either I'm nineteen and I have amnesia, or I'm seven and my body has been aged." He cradled his head in his hands. Either way, this was going to suck. Did this mean he was going to have to start dating, ick, girls?

Adam took a deep breath and wondered how the duo was going to take this. Will seem unfazed by it. " Both of which are possibilities, with this city, one bad food or some rogue experiment has done that. However, you are thankfully not the weirdest thing in this city. I have to have a whole class in similar situations to you too," he said, being quite honest.

"Mr. Adam, I can promise you, I'm not from this city." A note of uncertainty entered his voice. "Unless, that's part of my amnesia. Can you fix this? If it is amnesia?"

" Amnesia is something that I can't cure. It is out of magic's ... actually, there is one person who could help you. How would you feel about a trip to a graveyard?"

Something deep inside Liam shuddered at the idea, manifesting as a momentary unease. Slowly, he said. "Alright... If you think that is best."

Adam nodded, and led the way heading for the graveyard. Hopefully, the seven and five year old were paying attention and didn't get hit by cars because Adam wasn't again. Once they arrived at the graveyard, Adam looked around and paused, looking for something.

Thankfully, Liam once again managed to avoid the traffic, though this time there was a slight look of annoyance on his face. However, he tried not to let himself become too annoyed, this man had taken him in out of the goodness out of his heart, or so it appeared.

As if the creepy scale wasn't up in the graveyard, a man appeared behind Liam and Will. " Well, then, two mental broken cases. Goodness, that is going to cost extra hard kids," he said, as he looked at him. Adam was still looking for the man who was literally behind them. " Name's Peter. God of second chances, so are you here for a) a memory fix or b) a revival?"

Liam immediately took a dislike to this man. Immediately took a dislike to this man. Something about him seemed, familiar, and unsettling. Still, he struggled to remain polite to him. Being rude to physical gods..... His father had never been fully the same afterwards.

"I'm not fully certain. I may have amnesia, or I may have been aged by about a decade."

Peter didn't care if the man standing in front of him loved him or hated him to pieces. He just cared about the deal that he was about to make with him. He took a deep breath and waited for him to say something. He had every intention to at least half-listen to his deal.

" I can help if it is a memory problem. I would just need to know two bits of information. What do you remember and what don't you remember?"

Riddles? Great. Liam loved riddles like he loved a hidden blade to the back of the throat. "I remember seven years of my life. I'd rather not talk about what was in them, if you don't mind. I *may* not remember the other twelve."

Peter looked over at him. " Good, now, second and stupider question, have you have had any blunt force trauma that could have cause-"

" He slammed his whole body into a wall." Will was sure willing to talk to the strange man standing there,

" That would do it. Now, I can restore your memories, but it is going to cost you."

"Are you a fey by chance?" Liam asked idly.

" Not today. I do like deals though, I personally have no memories, so my price is simple. I restore your memories. You hand over one of them, just one."

"I've had this story read to me before, and it never ends well. Which particular memory?"

" That is up to you. I am not cruel and unjust... however, if you want me to fix the other boy too, that will be a total of four memories."

"And I get to choose the four memories?"

" But of course. Just give me a second to find... hmmm... we may have a slight problem. Will here has no memories. It is going to cost a lot more, perhaps one hundred or so. Got to start from scratch."

"What makes up a memory? If you define it a certain way, my entire life could be made of a hundred memories." More and more bad memories were coming to mind of when his father had made deals, deals, and more deals in an attempt to win a forever war. Exact terms were essential when dealing with magically bound creatures.

" A memory is made up of forty or so moments strung together. One memory can last for years or a day. It depends on the significance of the memories to you," he replied, looking over at him. It seemed that Peter was being vague. It seems that he wasn't going to get a straight answer from the god. He had a decision to make now.

Liam stopped and thought. This dragged out for quite some time. On one hand, being stuck as a seven year old when over half his life had gone by was disconcerting, on the other, the witch his father had complained about growing up had shown just how capricious and malevolent creatures bound by their magical natures could be.

Peter watched the boy/man and wondered what his decision would be. There were things he could tell from a person, how they acted about their memories. He had dealt with other gods and others who were vile. He had cursed a brother he had revived of a man who didn't pay him. There were things he could tell from the amount of things people said.

It wasn't a good bet.

He knew it wasn't a good bet.

"No thank you, Mr. Peter. I think, some things aren't worth the cost of others." Without waiting to see if Adam or Will were behind him, he turned to leave.

" I admire you. Have a nice day," he said. Peter looked at Will who followed Liam. Sometimes he knew what was right. He let Will have some memories and personality, despite no payment. It would come in handy later.

When they were out of earshot of the god, Liam turned to Will. "That could have ended badly. I'm... sorry... that I couldn't give you your memories back, but, nothing good comes of faustian deals."

Will was in pain all of a sudden, as he was washed over with a flood of memories. " It's okay."

Liam looked at Adam. "Do you want to head home, Mr. Adam? That was a bust."

Adam looked over at Will. " I have the strangest feeling that it wasn't as bad as you thought," he replied, as the other man had fainted. It was such a rare occasion the god had done something like that. Hmmm... this could be good or problematic.

Liam looked over at Will as he decided it was nap time. Thinking quick, he reached out and snagged him out of the air before he could fall. Ah yes, one moment of character interaction, let the slash fics commence.

Adam looked over at him and took a deep breath, hoping that somebody else could support the other man. Thankfully, it seemed that Liam had gone out of his way to make sure he could support his friend thankfully.

Privately, Liam marveled at how easy it was to support his weight. To his perspective, he'd suddenly become superhumanly strong, even though Liam was no stronger than a well exercised athlete at his age.

Will snuggled up against the stronger Liam. Well, here was some more fuel for the slash fictioners out there. He was being overflowed with memories and he wasn't going to wake up any time soon. Well give or take a scene.

"Any help Mr. Adam? Any at all?"

"Oh, you need help? It looks like you were handling it well."

"Is our whole relationship going to be like this?"

" No, I help when you need it most. My eyes and vast knowledge show that you are fine."

"You're just like Ridley." He started to drag his friend and apparent brother with him, then frowned. Since when had he started calling his mother by her first name. Whatever. "You know, I wonder if it'd be possible to use my soul to restore my memories. A Magus might be able to do it, if we could find one that I'd trust to not use me as a science experiment."

Adam arched an eyebrow and decided not to inquire who Ridley was. He took a deep breath and looked over at Liam." Well, we would have to find a sane mage. Most of our magic users in town are slightly insane. That may have everything to do with my son having a high control of magic. I am sure we can find one. Hopefully Will will awake soon... before midnight."

"Midnight?" He inquired. That sounded, foreboding.

" It's nothing bad. It's complicated." Adam didn't sound too reassuring in that statement,

"I've got time." He promised. "Is it a complication with being a god? Oh please don't tell me you've got a superpowered evil side."

" No, I manage to get rid of my vampirism a while back. That was not a fun time. I am a time traveler, so my timeline is a tad, slightly messy."

Liam's next words didn't seem to come from him, coming out in a quick but steady monotone, like from a machine. "Time travel in localized reality creates branching realities based on the point of divergence. Overuse of time travel destabilizes one's own timelines and unmoores them from the anchor in the Ego."

Adam listened for a second when Liam spoke. That was definitely not his voice and he looked over at him. He wasn't about to argue with any of the points that the voice offered. He was very established from the timeline- it also didn't help that he controlled the time of here. It was probably why portals were appearing more frequently.

Liam put a hand to his head, slightly dizzy. "Well. Uh. That, made no sense, especially since I understood it."

Adam looked at him. " I understood it. It's complicated and messy. It's my life." Adam simply replied to him. He could only ever live here.

"I wonder if that applied to me. Maybe... ego. Huh. I'm only vaguely familiar with psychology, and I know I never learned it." He gently lowered Will to the ground, then sat beside him. "Ego. I'm pretty sure that's the shape of the mind. If the Ego contains an anchor of some kind, or mine is warped, could that be the reason for the amnesia?"

Will stirred a little bit, but still didn't wake up when he was placed on the ground. Adam meanwhile seemed to be deep in thought. As he looked over at him. " Yes, it is entirely possible that is the reason you can't remember anything. It also could be why the god was asking for such a steep price. Sometimes these things happen to us."

"So..." The boy seemed to deflate onto himself. "So... I get to live with it." He said nothing for a few moments, then resigned himself to it. "Some people live without limbs, or hooked up to machines. I can live without a few memories."

Adam looked over at him for a brief moment. " Yes, it seems like something you will have to live with. It is far from the worst thing to happen to someone, but a decade without memories is certainly one of the more bizarre things to happen."

"As long as I don't get possessed by that weird voice again." He shuddered.

" I honestly don't know if that might happen again.I mean, unless it is activated anytime someone says time-..."

"Time Displacement Equipment."

Adam had a feeling that was going to happen.

"Traveler-..."

"Mounting dimensional pressure on foreign object."

It was exactly what he expected with each word that passed.

"Timeline-..."

"Fourth Dimensional Space/Time Alteration."

Sometimes he hated it when he was right though.

"...probably."

Taking after his father in a situation like this, Liam let loose something he'd been taught not to. "Fuck."

Adam looked over at him. " I was right in my theory. Anyone says anything related to that word, the robot activates."

"Great. I've got a Terminator living in my brain."

"Hey, it could be worse. You could have gotten a Yeerk in your brain."

"Hey, I like that book series." The conversation was rapidly devolving, but hey, sue him, it'd been a long day.

" If I remember the name of the series correctly, animorphs. 55- urm- I mean 54 books in the series, excluding specials." He paused, catching himself. Nobody knew that she was going to write a book twenty years after the last one was published to resolve the story archs she left hanging.

"Man, I'm glad I never ran into a Yeerk. Recursive reality means that they're out, somewhere, waiting to break the dimensional barrier." He paused for a minute, then realized what he'd just said. "You know what? I'm not even going to question how I know these things at this point."

" It's fine. I imagine they are. They may be hard pressed to get here though. The world itself has barriers against most alien evils. Human and supernatural, not so much. Alien on the other hand, hugely. It's why Supergirl and Superman can't arrive here." he admitted, looking over at Liam.

"Any guesses how I got here then? I may not remember much, but I know that I could travel between universes, and even multiverses, though I don't actually remember doing that."

" Well, judging by your lack of memory and lack of remembering, I would imagine a temporal time dragging in which one of the city's net caught you before you went to a much worse place."

"Not that I actually remember much of anything." He said bitterly.

" It's fine, I am sure that you will eventually get those memories back."

"Yeah. Maybe. But, what worse place?"

"There are places worse than here. I rather not talk about them." Will stirred a little more.

"Fair enough. I think I understand." He waited, then hesitantly said. "Well... now what? Does life go on? Where do I?" Will's stirring reminded him of the other boy's presence. "We. Where do we go from here?"

" I am sure that you do," he said, looking over at him and then back at Will. Oh, he had also forgotten about about him. " I have a school here that you both can attend. Seeing as even with false memories, my special ED class will be required. No offense."

"None taken. I know things that I shouldn't be able to, but I don't know how far that education extends." He looked hesitant at this next part, but he had to ask. "On field trips, we're going to have an actual crosswalk monitor, right?"

Adam looked over at him. " Yeah, it may be your safest bet to not stretch your limitations on how well everything goes." He gave pause and then looked at him. " Well, yes. Something about me being reckless with people while crossing a street. Father recommended it... sadly."

"Well. I guess I just have one question left."

" Shoot me the question," Adam simply replied. Will wrapped his arms around Liam's chest or attempted to at least.

Liam flushed, maybe not for the same reason a girl might have, but growing up in the castle had left him very isolated around people his age. Attempting to focus through the awkward feeling of someone hugging him, he said. "Do I have to share a room with huggles? I don't want to freeze to death in my sleep."

Adam wasn't sure why he had flushed- but he wasn't about to argue with the young man with the mind of a seven year old. " Well, yes, you are going to have to share a room with him. I kind of only have one room besides my own in the house that isn't cluttered with things that can't be moved in the slight," he replied.

"Any... any chance of a heater in the room?" He smiled wanly.

" Well, yeah, I have a heater in the room. It's broken though."

"I can fix it. I think."

" Well, okay." Adam replied.

....Monday Morning had finally arrived. The dreaded morning that nobody wanted to be awake for. So, of course, Will was already awake and stretching a bit. He wondered if Liam was awake now.

"I'm not dead. Thank God."

" Oh come on. Yesterday wasn't that bad," Will said.

"I was more worried about the night brother."

" What do you mean by that, Li?" He asked him.

"You're six, mentally, right? Liam's tone wasn't snide, merely curious. He could hardly judge considering his own handicap.

Will crossed his arms. " Five and a half. Six is really old, like almost as old as you," he said, sticking out his tongue at him.

Liam snickered. Wherever his mental age had settled at between now and then, his apparent brother's attitude was pretty funny. "You know what hypothermia is?"

Will didn't understand why he was snickering, but he looked over at him and paused. " Hippo oh what e uh?" He asked, not even bothering to pronounce the word right.

"I'll take that as a no." He paused, then ran his hands over his face. "Forget about it. I'm heading downstairs."

He looked over at him and bit on his lower lip. " I am right behind you," he said, following his brother downstairs.

Liam took the stairs two at a time, jumping the last five to the bottom easily. He'd had a weekend to adjust to this new body, and he had, and hadn't. Moving around felt natural, easy. And that was what was so discomforting. He was used to tripping over his own limbs. His agility now was almost inhuman.

Will followed closely behind him and hopped down the last three steps. He wasn't that good at jumping and knowing that he wasn't he wasn't going to make it. He bit on his lower lip and wondered what was going to happen when he got downstairs. Liam was usually the one to make him and Adam some breakfast.

Breakfast was going to be pretty hit or miss if he let his cloudcuckoolander guardian take care of it, so he resolved to make breakfast like he'd done the past two days. Hopefully Mr. Sniffles didn't ruin his culinary masterpiece this time.

Surprisingly, when Liam got downstairs, there were pancakes made... and they weren't burned. Adam was reading yesterday's paper and scratching his face as he looked at the paper. God, why had he grown the beard? It was itchy.

Liam's eye twitched. This... this was heresy. This was madness. He picked one up and bit into it. This was... not terrible, surprisingly. "I didn't know you could cook old man."

Adam looked up at his paper. " I probably won't again for another five days or years... give or take timelines, Liam," Adam simply replied, his beard now showing. Meanwhile, Will was still trying to comprehend the time travel thing.

"I have a question, if you don't mind." He hopped up onto the stool for the kitchen island.

"I am not going to be able to stop you from asking," Adam simply replied to him honestly.

That doesn't mean you're going to answer. Liam thought, but kept that thought to himself. "I know a bit about time travel, for some reason. I'd like to see if what you're saying and what I know matchup."

Will looked over at Liam and Adam and went over to his pancakes and he silently ate it, not certain what the two were talking about. He chewed and hoped that this wouldn't go on for a long time there.

"So, you've mentioned multiple timelines. Do you jump between them? And if so, why have I never seen you leave? Or is it mental time travel?"

"I am not certain about the answer to that. It happens at midnight and I can't say how the time travel works. I simply phase in where the old one is.. plus I lock my door before midnight."

"Alright. Now for the hard question." He put his head between his hands, not in pain but frustration. Where was all of this information coming from? "Time and space are the same thing, simply different locations and moving between them. So how... How do you move between timelines if no one can leave Starlight?"

Adam looked over at him and bit on his lower lip. He wasn't sure how to answer the next question that Liam posed for a simple reason. In all of his time throughout the city's history, he had never been able to find the answer himself. " I don't know- it just sort of happens me. I can't explain it. I don't remember much about the actual process- just an ocean full of pain."

That got his attention. Something about that seemed familiar, pain ripping through every cell in his body, like he was burning up and being drained at the same time. "I'm sorry Adam. But, this could be the way out. You said Tony Stark did it? Then so can I. I won't rest until I get home. There's a war on, after all."

Adam looked over at him. " Yes, I said that Tony Stark did it, but I don't know how. It is almost like..." Adam turned his head to the door and cursed. " Fuck, I have to go and address something," he said, looking over at him and teleporting him. What the hell was on the TV? If Liam turned to the TV, it would mention that the giant portal opened in the middle of the city.

"The timing of that..." He mused to himself. He turned to look at the screen, curious about what could have alarmed his almost irritatingly placid guardian.

Will looked at him." What do you mean by that?" He asked, looking at his bigger and older brother to figure out what he meant by this. He was indeed curious.

"Oh, just how convenient that-..." He waved at the giant portal on screen, oddly nonchalant about the whole thing, "-happened right now. That, plus he always seems squirrely about the nature of the city. I'm getting the feeling if I want answers, I'm going to have to find them on my own."

" I mean- portals are opening all the time throughout the city, it's just so rare that the main city one opens or at least, that what I remember from before. You know... Adam lied. There is one other who escaped this city who resides here right now. He is the man who I was cloned from- Matthew Harris."

"Why would..." Liam bit his lip. "You don't know how he did it, do you?"

Will tapped through his old memories. " I don't... it had something to do with.... a teleporter."

"Was it, by chance, anything related to something called a Time Displacement Equipment?"

" Time Displacement Equipment was what it was called. How did you know?" Will asked.

"Because my father has one in his basement."

" Oh, okay. I don't know what you mean by that."

"It doesn't matter. Home is pretty far away at the moment. But now I know what I'm looking for."

"What was home like for you?" He asked,curious to what the older teen had experienced in his life.

"Dad was busy a lot, but tried to make time for me. He was busy fighting a war for the fate of the universe, so I didn't blame him. But, I was closer to my mother. She didn't give a damn about the war, except the one time they attacked our home. Then... Dad never gave me the specifics. He just said something about a one winged angel. Mom was a pretty powerful witch." He held up a hand. "Something that I apparently never inherited."

" What do you mean by dad being busy most of the time? What did he do that was more important than raising his son?' He asked, very confused to the older teen living situation and what had caused it. He frowned and wondered what he meant by a one winged angel, but he choose to not ask the man about it. He looked at him. " I can't remember much, but I know that my dad wasn't there for me either. Mom took care of me though," he admitted.

"Oh... that's a long story. You don't want to hear that." He said airily. "You mean, she took care of the person you were cloned from? That's... kinda confusing."

Will looked at him. " I mean, I like long stories." Will paused when he looked at him. " No, I mean me. Not him. Me. He was gone, but I was still around. It's messy."

"Ah, maybe later Will." He laughed nervously. "Right now, I just want to investigate that portal." He pointedly left the matter of Will's cloning blues aside. Cloning could be a confusing business, only second to time travel. Better to focus on the here and now.

Will looked over at him and then back at his pocket. " It's in the place where I was made. I mean- at least the one I remember. We could probably get a tour to see it-.... but we need to find a way to sneak off. I remember where it is and for that you will need me."

"I wasn't planning on ditching you." He promised. "It's not like I can freeze ray anyone that gets in my way." He looked at the TV, Adam was already onsite and dealing with the issue. "Right now would be good. We don't have to worry about Adam trying to stop us."

Will smiled. " I prefer to call it freezing them," he said, looking over at the TV and then back at Liam. " I think now would be the best time to go," he said. Once the two arrived, it seemed that a tour was going to be starting in ten minutes. They could wait-.. or follow an employee in.

Liam smiled evilly, it seemed like he was enjoying this entirely too much. Must be part of his bloodline. "Up for some breaking and entering oh brother of mine?"

Will didn't realize the smile was evil. " I mean, it wouldn't be so if there was a window or door open, they are just asking to be entered," he said, replying with a smile.

Liam took a deep breath and stilled his mind, then looked again. Perception seemed to sharpen, small details coming to the forefront. There, on the second story, an open window leading to the grounds inside. Quietly, more quietly than he should have professed his illegal intentions, he asked; "Can you parkour?"

Will wasn't sure what the older teen meant by parkour. Why would they be going to a park anytime soon and what did it have to do with what he wanted? He bit his lip and was careful when he replied to him. " No, I don't think so. I can jump, run, jump and climb really good though," he replied. One could not tell if Will was being serious or not by his answer.

"That's... good to know." Liam said carefully. He didn't want to bruise his ego, but where had the boy picked up his vocabulary? "Well, I'm going through that window. If you think you can make, come in with me."

Will beamed proudly, happy that the other teen was proud of him. He looked over at him and did something simple. He froze a path from the ground to the window and slide it to his window. " Hey, come on slow poke."

"Mother, wherever you are, thanks a lot for marrying a magical wet blanket." He grumbled. No no, instead of getting lots of magical power, he could climb buildings! Awesome1!1!. Silently, he followed after the younger William brother.

Will leaned out the window and back punched one of the guards before Liam could arrive. He also froze his legs. He waited for his brother and played a phone game while he waited. God, he still couldn't beat this level of Candy Crush. It was so hard.

After sliding down the ice bridge for the third time, Liam began beating his head against the wall in frustration.

Will made an ice ladder by the window for Liam so that he didn't beat his brain out. It should be easy to climb,

Slightly dizzy, Liam began to climb. This all could have been avoided if Will could just park the damn core.

Will looked over at him and waited for him to finish climbing up there. " How come that took you so long?" He asked.

Though he didn't realize it, Liam was giving off what the Japanese would call killing intent.

He'd spent years in a former life learning to control the signals he could give off, and could mask true killing intent or project flase killing intent. For a relative stranger like Will, Liam would look mysteriously look monstrous when in actuality, he was only frustrated.

Will simply ignored the killing intent that he was glaring at him. He had dealt with psychopaths, a boy with an evil side and so many other crazy things that his brother looking monstrous was as common as anything else. Sometimes having memories of his past made him feel confused and different. He looked at the ground and wondered where the guards were.

"Let's go." He growled in a huff. Their luck wouldn't last. Guards frequently changed patrol, they must have just gotten very lucky and hit in between the guard shift.

Will smiled as they walked down the hallway. After about three minutes in the building, the new guards spotted Will because he waved into the pretty camera. Oh, Will, what have you done?

In the control room, the guards suddenly heard a large crack. That was the sound of Liam's palm hitting his face at the speed of sound.

Will didn't understand what he had done wrong. He was happy to meet new friends. The guards waited a few moments, clearly confused at first.

"Will, I know you didn't know buddy, but cameras are bad when you are breaking and entering. Also, run!" He grabbed Will's hand, exciting fangirls all over the world, and started dragging his adopted brother down the hall.

Will looked at him and was confused. Cameras were always a good thing, but he was going to believe his older brother for now. He let him take his hands and drag him down the hall. It seemed that everything was going wrong, very wrong.

"In his best calm, 'I'm not agitated' voice, Liam asked. "Where are we going Will?"

" Well, I am going to guess four or five flights down the stairs," he said, looking over at him.

After seven minutes, they arrived at their location. The room was filled with high-tech machinery and a computer. Liam walked over and turned on the computer, trying to figure out what the banks of machinery did.

The computer opened up to a Windows 95 screen. Liam sighed. Why did they have something from the forties in here? Shouldn't this be in a museum?

The PC booted up as slowly as you expected it would be being a Windows 95. After three minutes, it opened to a password screen. On one hand, he hoped this worked, but on the other, he'd roll his eyes if it did. Quickly, he typed in, '1, 2, 3, 4'...

The computer denied the request. It dropped a password hint.. " Name of your first born son"

Liam stopped and looked at it for a moment, heedless of the guards that were coming down. Hmm. If Will had been here, then logically speaking the best chance getting through was entering his name. Carefully, he typed out, 'William'.

The password was all denied. The computer dropped a second hint. " Name of your first born son. Hint, it starts with a M and ends in hew. It seemed that Liam had forgotten that Will was a clone of another man, a man who indeed had a different name.

Liam looked at his stepbrother and asked him, "Will, what is the name of your 'father'?"

Will looked over at him. " Do you mean the man who I was cloned from or the man who did the cloning?"

"Your source material."

" Matthew was his name."

Liam typed the name into the computer.

The computer opened up finally. There were three files on it. One was labeled ' Clone. One was labeled ' Dimensional portal' and the final one was labeled in Gaelic.

Gesturing for his companion to come and see, he clicked on the file labeled Clone.

When the file opened, there was a ton of information. First was a picture of Will.... as he currently looked. It seemed that there was more to this clone business. Also on the page was the information that he was an orphan and was made to die once Matthew returned.

A life stolen to be a scapegoat for one man's immortality. The thought made Liam sick. What had been done, could it be undone? And should it? Was Will's current life any less valid than the person he'd been cannibalized from?

It seemed that the man who ran this company was less than good. It was only through his wife's meddling that the boy had lived. It was a sad thought that the current man in front of him may have been different if he had lived his life.

The thought was... troubling. He pushed it to the side for later. They needed to get out of here, and fast. He clicked on the folder labeled Dimensional Portal.

When the computer open to Dimensional portal, the file was blank. There was no information, almost as if it was erased by someone. It was certainly suspicious to say the least.

Nothing to do about it now. The clock was ticking. Hurriedly, he clicked on the last folder, Gaelic.

When the file was opened, it was exactly what it said it was. It was written in Gaelic. Roughly translated, it read: You won't find the truth here. 123456.... 7th floor is where you need to go.

The sound of footsteps gaining entry to the room drew the two boys attention to the doorway. Whatever they laced into the food here, they needed to stop for the health and safety of their security force. The two men were massive, Arny in his prime types. The had guns and steel batons clipped onto their belts, but hadn't drawn them, clearly feeling it'd be overkill on what appeared to be delinquent youths. The one on the right spoke, his voice a deep rumbling bass, "Kids, I'd rather not have to drag you anywhere. Just come in easily and wait for the police."

Will turned to the doorway to see who the loud footsteps were coming from. Maybe it was a friend and then he noticed the two security guards walk into the room and his very first thought was how massive the two men were. Like they went to the gym every second they weren't working. He also saw the guns and tried not to panic. Panicking would be a very bad thing to do. He looked over at his brother and then back at the guards and his allergies kicked in and it happened to be the perfect time. He sneezed and the entire room became frozen.

An awkward silence fell over the room. That what happens when you freeze the other three occupants of a room.

Will taped on Liam's ice to break it. He hoped that it worked to defrost him. He was happy that the guards were frozen.

Liam fell to his knees, gasping for air. "You maniac! I'm never sleeping in our room again." He staggered out of the room, alternatively coughing and swearing under his breath.

Will frowned at his brother. " Sorry, but hey, the guards are taken care of," he said looking over at him. He was surprised he had frozen people... that hadn't happened before. Perhaps his powers were getting more powerful.

Liam stopped and stared at the guards. If they were to leave, their lives would be in danger. But, he didn't want to fight them. A figurative light bulb came on over his head as he looked at the human ice cooler beside him. "Can you selectively unfreeze them?"

Will looked over at Liam. " I mean, I guess I could. I can't touch them to move them since I think it will unfreeze them, but if you move them, I don't think it will unfreeze them until I touch them," he said, being honest about the entire situation that was happening.

"Just unfreeze their mouths. The other guards will get to them before hypothermia sets in, but they're going to suffocate.They're going to die."'

Will nodded and touched their mouths and moved back. The only problem was that when he stepped back, he grazed against the guard's arms.

The guard's hand shot out, clutching around Will's throat. "You're him." He gasped, his voice hoarse from the exertions that had been forced upon him. "They knew you were going to come home. You're not going to leave this building, ever."

Will couldn't exactly move fast enough to stop the guard from grabbing his throat. He didn't recognize him, but that didn't mean he wasn't scared of him. He didn't want to be trapped here. He looked over for Liam for some help. Any help would do just fine.

Fine then. It was time to use that. Throwing his fist down to his side, a small blade shot out of his sleeve. Drawing his hand back, he pierced it through the arm of the offending guard's arm, the blade cleanly entering one side and going out the other.

Will hoped that the grip was loosened and he could escape. Something rang scarily across him. Home, the guard had called this home. Had he a relationship to someone who worked here or was the guard referring to his creation as the clone here? " What do you mean?" He asked the bleeding guard.

Exhaling in a hiss, he answered in pain laced tones. "You belong to Superior Industries. Your DNA is copyrighted and patented. I would not want to be you."

Will didn't understand what he meant that he was owned. How could a person be owned if they were also a person? This confused the young man greatly.

With great relish, Liam removed the now bloodied blade from the guard's arm, twisting it on the way out for good measure. "Right. Copyright and patented. Except for the raw materials stolen from some random kid."

Will smiled when he point out that he was made from some random kid. He was right. He was still himself, even if they inserted DNA that did not belong to him originally. " Who was I before? Did you even know me?"

"Me? I'm just a hired gun that hears things. But I do know that these eggheads are looking for you. Consider it fair warning. You're going to want to sleep with one eye open from now on."

Will didn't understand any of this. " But why do they want me back? I don't understand. I really don't remember anything about my time here... to be entirely honest, I don't remember much at all," he said.

Liam gently pushed him out of the way, standing in his position in front of the guard. "Don't bother. He doesn't know anything." Liam flicked his blade in front of the man's face, purposely turning on the killing intent. "I'm going to let you live this time. Next time... come after me and I'll go after your family."

Will wished he could remember, but it seemed that it didn't matter. He looked at Liam who was protecting him from the man. He didn't care about his past, now that he thought about it. It was the present that mattered and he looked over at the man. He was silent when Liam threatened a person.

"I live alone kid. Cute posture though."

Instinctively, Will looked him at him. " I can still freeze you again."

Liam turned around and stood shoulder to shoulder with Will, facing away from the guard. In a hushed tone, he said. "Freeze his arm. Despite the talk I'm not planning on killing him. I don't want him to bleed out."

Will nodded and closed his eyes to concentrate on where he was targeting. He had never tried this before, but he hoped it worked. He aimed for the man's arm at first... and then his groin since he had annoyed him a lot.

Liam resolved to never get on his stepbrother's nerves. He wasn't necessarily opposed to having children someday if he could ever meet back up with... he blushed suddenly, completely out of context for the guard and Liam. "Will. The mission is scrubbed. We need to get out now. Think. This is where you were made. They'll have containment protocols, and I'm just a kid with a knife."

Will looked over at his stepbrother and decided not to guess why he was blushing. There were a ton of reasons why he might be, but none of them were evident to a five year old. He looked over at him and nodded. It seemed that there would be more than these two and they did want him too. He sighed and nodded in agreement. He wished he had learned more or helped Liam, but alas, he didn't.

The door started to close behind them.

"Catch it." Liam yelled, and put his newfound strength to the test trying to keep it from shutting.

Will froze the door, above Liam's hands. He hoped that it would be enough. He paused, wondering where guard 2 was.

The answer to that question would be tasering Liam in the gut. He body convulsed as forty thousand watts flowed through him, then collapsed backwards. The door sealed shut, blocking the guard from entering. Past the pain wracking his body, Liam whispered, "Freeze the gears..."

Will was happy that his brother was okay even though he had taken some voltage and he looked over at the gears and froze them. He hoped that it would keep the two guards out., but both of them looked like they could break doors with their bare hands, so he doubted it. He looked over at Liam. " I'll carry you."

"No." He whispered defiantly.

" Can you walk?" He asked him.

Liam ignored him, and shut his eyes. Inside his mind, something was taking shape. It couldn't quite be described in any words except... familiar perhaps. Instinctively, he knew it was something a seven year old should never see. In that moment, he was more sure than ever that he had several years of his life missing, and if the world taking shape around him was anything, they hadn't been good years.

He stood alone at the top of a skyscraper, the customary beaked hood of his kind pulled over his head. He could see far beyond the normal site of any ordinary human, and yet as far as he looked he could not see a single living soul. It was a city devoid of life. The place showed signs of life, graffiti marked the walls, litter lined the streets, but they souls that should make a place home were gone.

A chill ran down his spine. What abomination was this? His kind remained hidden by moving with the ground, becoming one with the people. So why was his mental landscape barren?

And then, with a knowledge he could not explain, he realized. This entire world was his blade. Empty, but untouchable. Alone with all of what he had to do. Who was he forced become that would necessitate stripping himself of the bonds that would make him human? What was this blade aimed at?

The answer would come in time, he was certain of it. But now, now he would take strength from this desolate place. This place was a representation of his will, and his body was nothing but an instrument of that will. He was not the figure on the high tower, he was the empty city itself.

Liam's eyes opened, and he flipped himself onto his stomach. He pushed himself up, and collapsed. Then he tried again, and collapsed. The nerve endings were just scattered, any way you look at it. But he had to. He was alone, and the only person that he could depend on to keep himself alive was himself.

Meanwhile Will offered a hand up to his brother. He hoped that he would take his hand from him, It seemed that the stairway they had used to answer was blocked. It seemed the only way out was a glowing door. Nothing suspicious or evil about it.

Liam continued struggling, ignoring the hand for a moment. When it was clear he couldn't continue, he grudgingly took it and stood up, leaning on Will's shoulder for support. Inside of the empty, hidden away from the sight of the boy on the tower, a young man named Will appeared.

"Do you know where that portal will take us?"

Will noticed that he didn't immediately take his hand. He however didn't give up and was happy when he took it from him. He was happy and when Liam asked him that question, memories started to trigger. Cold, his pet hamster, missing, caught there. Lucky, god. He took a breath and focused.

" It's a room where they turn man into animals or animals into men."

Liam's next question was very pointed, and very important. "Is it worse than here?"

Will looked over at him. " I don't know, I remember screams, but either way, it is our only choice."

"Let's go then, brother."

Will nodded as they entered the portal.

A good amount of time later....

Will hang up the phone and looked over at Liam. " So Adam wants us to stay inside as he believes it is too dangerous. What do you want to do Liam?" He asked.

"How long have I been living here?"

" Hmm... we came in August, it is currently about November... of next year," he replied.

"And how long have you been living here?"

" About the same amount of time quite honestly."

"And how long did it take you to figure out I never listen to Adam?"

" Well, let's see. You did it the first, second, third time.. It took me about a week."

"I might have gotten older mentally, but I still have the same bad habits. Let's go break into an evil mad scientist lab."

" Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Now would be the best time to break into there. Apparently, the guards are off today." Will was looking at their facebook pages. Stupid guards didn't set them to private.

Liam looked over the top of his brother's head. "That is a serious breach in security." His eyes squinted as the obvious thought occurred to him. "I dunno. Think it's a trap?"

Will ran a hand through his hair for a moment. " Knowing our luck, it probably is. But on the other hand, we have never had a better opportunity to do it then today," he replied. " That and I can practice my new power of teleportation."

"Oh why the fuck not?" Liam complained. "Another power? I get a little knife, and you're practically a demigod." He pinched his brow and took a deep breath. "Alright. It's fine. Just, let's focus on the mission."

"We know it's a trap, and knowing that, we can spring it around the people trying to trap us."

Will tapped his chin. " Yeah, I have no clue why I am getting more powers. Maybe I am a demigod, but I don't know since I don't know who my real father is or for that matter mother. Knowing my luck, I had a ditcher parent."

" The only problem I can forsee is that they know we know it's a trap and will try to spring it on them, so there will be a trap to the trap, if you get what I mean."

"Brother, that mentality never ends well. There's no saying we can't spring the trap that was meant to trap us within the obvious trap. And in turn, that could be a trap. I can't see the future, just go with Occam's Razor. There is only one trap."

" Well, if we keep talking, then we aren't going to get there." He grabbed Liam's hand before he could argue with him and teleported them. Sadly, Will's power was new and well. " Liam, a bit of bad news, I teleported us into a sensor trap door that is going-," Will didn't get to finish that sentence because gravity.

In a deadpan voice totally devoid of the mass frustration that he had to be feeling right now, he said. "You're going to kill me."

When the duo finally landed on the ground, it was soft. The room had no doors, just two sets of food that said eat me. " Well, fuck."

The boy landed softly, he blow of not having any special abilities softened by the mysterious training he'd received in his other life. "William. Don't touch the food. It's laced with poison."

Will looked over at him. " You know, I thought, it was laced with candy apple. There has to be a way..." A sign appeared. It read: The door will appear if you eat the food. " As I said before, fuck."

"Just teleport us out of here already. I don't like it here. I don't sense any killing intent, but that wouldn't pop up if they just wanted to capture us alive."

Will nodded. " One teleport coming up," he said. As he attempted to teleport, nothing happened. " The room must have a power blocker in it."

"Fine. I'm... in the sense of this mission" He grimaced. "Expendable. I'll eat the food, then when the door opens, maybe it'll break the circuit of whatever is keeping us trapped here."

"Yeah, it's a terrible plan. But it's the best I've got."

It seemed that the sign had appeared again with some new wording. Two plates. Two eats of different people, or door doesn't open. It seemed that this was a magical sign of some sort.

" I don't think the sign likes your plan, Liam," Will said, not shocked by the sign having a magical origin."

Walking over to the sign, he pulled a pen out of his pocket and drew a phallic symbol on it. When he was done, he stepped back and admired his work. "Not helping, but it made me feel better."

Will looked around the room and saw that there was no other option. Hmm.. he just noticed something. The food he had seen happened to be his and Liam's favorite. Well, that was certainly creepy.

"Fine. Fine. I get it. But thou must." He walked over to the food, considering it, then turned to Will. "What do you think would happen if I threw this away? A, they could leave us to starve to death in here, or we could jump them when they come to retrieve us."

Will wasn't sure of the answer, but turned to the food and noticed it floating when the word thrown away was said. " Huh? Oh, it's magical food, well, that is not a good thing. Magical food likes to- force it way if it hears the words thrown away, Well, fuck our life." The food hovered close to Liam and Will.

"I'm starting to get why dad hated magic so much. With a look of great consternation, he took a bite of the food.

Will sighed and took a bite of the food. He hoped that there were no magical side effects.

It seemed that for a good five seconds after it was bitten that there were no side effects. However, there was a lingering feeling he had at the sixth second. Like some sort of magic was ebbing and forcing a small change in his body. He couldn't tell what it was, but if Liam looked, he would notice that Will's hair had turned slightly spiky and he had a light aftershadow... after just a single bite.

ND_IWr6Jp1bbwaQd7ue_aVDZ6FLDUiBuaK0SBqKmujXcJpaGU-ShM0T372FhpZfPdOXDhDPemvbfde5bFamxk2iEGJVZNqqFhFkPnncOzubrQVSWEqCodE1X2YU08D2gv8mty7tg

That certainly wasn't good. The little detail Will had forgotten about magic food is that it had the same effects of being starved. One bite made you crave more and more until it was finished. That was the problem with magic.

Though he couldn't explain how he knew what to do, as soon as he felt the foreign mana enter his body, he began to circulate his own. The effect left him feeling, queasy. Circulation of the body's mana was designed to stop attacks from the outside, not within.

Will took a deep breath, resisting the urge to eat some more food. He felt that there was something different from the bite and he didn't like it. He growled, as the food started to fly around him, trying to force its way into his body. " Have I ever told you I hate magic food? Because I do," he said, giving some food room to slide down his body and activate more effects. If you guess more muscles and beard growth were the effects, you would be right.

xqpRqQwmFBBYji-_LdG2GhwsqXPiX7SbFdSiASNMBxiJ9Of8cZCZ03FP_EZ5Flsu7mwvZ7teXYn9DsA60NY6UgmxOrR7nEmH0966Zr-sV6lmeqfrZ1FATDQOILHLDZRdNVUx4hOS

A single glance at his heteosexual life partner, he began to laugh. It was not a good laugh. It was filled with the mirth of madness. He hunched forward, stepping forward like a marionette that has had it's strings cut.

Will wasn't sure how to react to Liam at the moment or for that matter, what the heck he was laughing at. He bit his tongue and held back a word. Sadly, he had to breath and well, magic food took advantage of things. Some more beard growth away.

ivjcrw_GSfVkJnSZVJvpwbdNJCfc7hmB-a-SoOdGG5qx6sGhvPebkAj0X3HYbm_rAyR5CLq69Vme4TPyeYhqcQF_ttdB34BhTf8JQr5VyDaAR0Ac4_c-lCzABivTawd6LTfJNDM-

"It's finished. I can't do it anymore." His hidden blade flicked out as he grabbed Will by his collar. "Don't struggle. I have to do this. You'll just make it worse for both of us." His hidden blade drew near to Will's throat, and then he cut.

Five minutes later, Liam was still struggling to cut the damn beard hair off faster than its growth rate. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!"

Will wasn't sure where this as going, but he knew that his brother was a little different and a little eccentric, so it didn't bother him when he got a hidden blade to the throat. He knew he didn't regenerate, but hey, he trusted Liam a whole lot.

" Magical food, magical beard, I could have saved you five minutes of your life if you asked," Will said, as the magical food hovered. He batted it away before it could reach his mouth.

"Well do you have a better idea? If you haven't noticed, the door is still shut." He gestured irritably at the aforementioned door.

" Well, fuck, forgot about the door," he said, looking over at the magical food and sighed. He took another goddamn bite. More beard growth, but hey, it wasn't... never mind, there was still one bite left.

Q91Hc-2wAoS4MdRdnsVx4-aGRz3N_56TJBnc9O0Ypwj12WKW4tPiqi1ummkPjzEsjxT5C-ORCa_Flo9Z_Jz7DRXq_qYZ-c79GDWvgCUyIcfSWBkL6S-m7C2gG5EMkwRg0xKcYZGG

"Stop!" Liam cried out. "Anymore and... and... and you'll look like a reject from the Hangover. Let me take the last bite." He looked into Will's eyes, "For you."

Will nodded and let him do that. Besides the fact he didn't what was happening to him, he felt a burning feeling. He knew that one more bite was going to do something.

With a forlorn sigh, he ate the last bite of the accursed food, the mana laced within it tasting like poison, and swallowed. That... might have been a mistake. The magic circuits laced throughout his body burned like fire, sending shooting pain through every extremity. The magic was building some kind bridge between him and his brother, his own hijacked circuits doing the work for it.

Meanwhile, Will was not doing with the magic in his body. To say his body was rejecting it was an understatement in the grandest of scales to be honest. He was burning and freezing at the same time. Dark magic did not go through well through the child of luck and light. After a moment and a bowl appearing, the magical food was thrown up ( well most of it except one small piece) into a bowl. After this, the bowl disappeared as did most of the effects.

"Will." Liam began in that too calm voice that spoke more to how worried he was than when he was bellowing in frustration, "What kind of magic was that? Where I'm from, that would be called a contract. And those are very, very dangerous."

Will took a deep breath. " I know that magic. It was coursing through my veins when I was him, Matthew. That is pure chaos magic, not controlled and it shouldn't be here. Nothing's making sense to me. What magic do contracts use?" He asked.

Liam took a seat as he waited for his magic circuits to 'cool down' so to speak. Explaining this to his brother would help take his mind off the lingering pain anyways. "Where I'm from is not like Starling. We have different universes, or whatever the hell you want to call them. A lot of them have their own type of magics. Where my mother is from, where my power originated, is from an earth that houses a human variant called Casters. Now, I've only visited that place once. I learned magic in a city called Fuyuki, from an irritable mage called Tohsaka. The 'magic' within my body was compatible, in fact more or less the same, as that world's version. Mine, comparatively, was from something equivalent called the Age of the Gods. It's stronger than modern magic, but because I wasn't on my mother's earth on my sixteenth birthday, it's true potential never awakened within me."

"Now, Fuyukian 'magic', for lack of a better term, isn't wild or uncontrolled. It's almost like science, though science is its antithesis. Humans have mana, supernatural creatures have prana. Because I'm from the Age of the Gods, I have a -lot- of mana, but because of my unique circumstances, I have no way to express it."

"A magical contract is when one being submits itself, or is forced to submit, to the will of another, becoming a Familiar. But, one shouldn't form between mages, and even if it could... I sense no mana from you. You have something weird, but it's not magic as I know it."

"So altogether, i don't have a fucking clue what is going on. What is this chaos stuff?"

Will looked over at Liam. " I am not entirely myself. But from what I remember and understand, certain beings here can tap into chaos magic. It's magic but it is more darker in origin and it is difficult to control."

"Sounds like my mom's cooking." Liam mused to himself.

" Sometimes it can take you over and you can't reply. The problem is chaos magic isn't good or evil... it's just chaotic." Will stopped talking. The door clicked open.

"Can you teleport us out of here now?" Liam asked urgently, storytelling time over.

Will tried to teleport, but it failed. " Nope, it looks like we are going to have to walk through the door."

At the mention of this words, the door swung up and ... a song was playing. " How ominous," Will muttered.

"No, no. Not ominous at all." A sigh and a pinched brow later he said, "William, in case we die here, there's something I want to tell you."

"Never. Ever. Teleport me without my permission. I could have busted you out from the outside by now, but nooooo. Mister no impulse control has to go and teleport into the obvious trap." He took a deep breath, rant over.

The music continued to play, getting slightly louder, but suddenly dying down. He had only been half listening to Liam, so most of his advice was going over his head.

Due to missing most of the rant, he stepped into the room and it lit up. It was empty… save for a woman smoking a cigar in the corner and a puppy in some sort of strange device. " It certainly took you long enough to get out of that room," she said.

His rant finished and apparently unheard, he followed in behind the blockhead just soon enough to hear the tail end of the woman's taunt. "Fuck you." Uncouth though it may be, sometimes it was best to take a phrase or two out of his father's vocabulary.

" Sorry sweetie, I already got a boyfriend to cover that front," the woman replied, as a man appeared out of the corner, holding a gun. " As I said, a boyfriend. Now, where was I? Oh yes, making sure that you didn't get out of here alive," she replied.

Will silently looked over at the pair and felt like he knew them or had at least read about them. He tapped on his foot and paused. " You wouldn't happen to be Bonnie and Clyde?" He asked. Detective of the year award goes to Will, not really.

"Do they look like the undead WIll? You're not the living dead, are you?" Said the joker to the thief.

" Yes, we are. It seems infamy does have its perk… especially after being let out of hell by that son of the Devil."

" Well, fuck," Will stated bluntly.

"Isn't this the part where you tell us your plan, and then we make a daring escape?"

" Usually yes, however, I have never been one for the old cliches," she replied, as Clyde cocked his gun towards Will. He didn't notice Bonnie pull out her gun and aim it straight for Liam's head and pull the trigger.

They say your life flashes before your eyes when you die. Funny thing is, most people have memories. It's an event to remind them of either a life well lived, or a life full of regrets.

The thing they don't tell you about darkness is that it doesn't come from one simple moment, it comes from a collection of them, a collection of pain and suffering that you gather over a lifetime.

In a blank, innocent mind like Liam's, his life flashing before his eyes was a revelation. As neurons fired frantically for the last time before being erased out of existence by a crude piece of metal with no other purpose or function than to erase life, his final thought as he passed into oblivion was simple, and bitter.

The second the shot rang off, something started to wake up in William Knight. Something that had been there since the moment he was born. Pure chaos. It wasn't the controlled kind like Nicholas's Harris, it wasn't the kind that was passive like Matthew where you have some control, it was pure and unfiltered and vengeful. It shook the whole building.

Nothing changed.

Everything changes.

And then William Miles, Connor Duchannes, Liam Knight, died as he lived, alone.

There was something poetic about that-, too bad it was lost on him.

Not too far away, Adam Knight felt something was very wrong… but he didn't know what.

As things exploded and Bonnie and Clyde escaped, all the chaos was let out. Pure, unfiltered and overwhelming. In less than one minute, William Knight collapsed on the floor.​

Last edited:
The Beard Machine- Inspired by the YouTube Video of the Same Name

Prologue- In Which Ken Buys Miles A Weird Present

Ken should have known that going to the skivvy pawn shop for his best friend Miles's birthday gift was a bad idea. But he had promised him something special and he always delivered, no matter how impossible the task was. Miles's birth request this year was a weird one. He wanted to grow a beard. Ken could have gone something and gotten him some of those beard growth oils, but he wasn't one to shirk and go the easy way. So, here he was, standing in front the strangest man. He was tall and broad with a name tag that read Anomaly. If that wasn't a clue to run, the decorations were creepy as fuck to booth.

"So, Mr. Thant, have you found what you have needed from my shop or will I need to wait to close up?" He asked.

Ken sighed and looked over at the shop keeper. " Sadly, Mr. Anomaly, I don't believe you can help me. I need something to help my friend grow a beard and well, you would need magic for that. This kid and I have both gone nineteen years without a single hair growing on our faces. So, unless you have some sort of machine that magically grows a beard, I won't be getting anything."

Anomaly looked over at Ken. " Well, my dear friend, I have just the thing you need." He pulled out something that looked like a CRT TV inside.

" Sir, that is a CRT inside. I don't think that will help grow a beard. If I needed a grainy picture, I would take it though."

Anomaly smirked. " My dear friend, I'm going to make a deal with you. If this doesn't work, then you can return it. Actually, I will make a better deal with you. If it doesn't work right now on you can walk out no charge. If it works, you give me ten dollars and be on your way. Heck, I will throw in an anti-beard growing device in case something goes wrong. So, what do you say, Ken?"

Ken raised a skeptical eyebrow. " It's a deal."

Before he would let him use the device, Ken surveyed his appearance once more.
pexels-photo-673554.jpeg

" Okay, listen, this is going to sound stupid, but it only works if you hold the CTR end towards your face. It can be used by anyone who has its in their possession, no matter how they obtain it.. Nobody else can do it for some reason. Don't ask why this machine works so weirdly, it just does. Also, this is very important. Don't ever expose yourself longer than twelve seconds. Longer than twelve seconds leads to horrible extra long beard growth. But it's cool, but in all seriousness, don't use it for more than thirty seconds. That has world ending consequences. Do you got it?"

Ken nodded. Anomaly looked over and closed the blinds, handing Ken the device. Ken was still skeptical of this 'beard machine'. What were the odds that a weird device from a pawn shop would work? He sighed and place it over his face. Due to having such a broad face, he couldn't get all the way up to where his sideburns would have been. He started to count as he stood there. One Mississippi, Two Mississippi. He stopped at ten and slowly removed the 'machine'. " So, I guess that means I won't have to pay-,"

Anomaly continued to give a coy smile. " Look in the mirror, Mr. Thant." Ken turned back and took a step back and stared at the reflection back at him. It was impossible....

man_guy_male_headphones_earphones-1391975.jpg

He had grown a beard. He turned to Anomaly who handed him another device and he knew what he wanted him to do. He put it for twelve seconds and he was back to normal. " Here is your ten bucks. I am sure that Miles will love these things."

Ken left, not thinking of the consequences to such a purchase.

Prologue End

Continued here

Last edited:
The Beard Machine- Inspired by the YouTube Video of the same name

Chapter 1- In Which Ken Deals with a Bully who Steals Miles's Gift and Makes A Dumb Choice​

Ken stepped out of the pawn shop, enthused about his purchase. Nothing could go wrong now. Of course, due to Murphy's Law, that was exactly where everything went wrong. Standing on the curb was the neighbor bully, Keith. Keith was your run of the mill bully. He was tall, he was buff, he was mean. He couldn't grow a beard to save his life. He also hated Ken and Miles. " What do you got there?" Keith asked. Ken surveyed the blonde man and groaned.

" A gift for Miles." Ken didn't even look as he said it. However, Keith pulled him uncomfortably close to his face. He saw his brown eyes and groaned. Maybe it was a bad idea to have answered in such a way. He was being bold and brazen.

"So, what's up with CRTV gift?" Keith asked. Ken had forgotten he had been honest. Fuck, maybe he should have lied. As long as Keith didn't grab it out of his hand, he couldn't use it. The rules were very specific. Whoever holds it can use it. As Ken was holding it and owned it, Keith couldn't use it. But of course, Keith was also only a few feet away and it would be easy to snatch it. He looked Keith in the face.

Bully.PNG

God, why did he have to be so deplorable yet look so nice? Some people got all of the luck in the world and others were like Ken. Beardless and with only one friend. "It's what Miles wanted this year."

Keith scoffed. " Things busted. Kind of a lazy gift to give a friend, but what do I know?" He asked.

Ken should have let him have the win. Should have not spoken another word, but like always, he opened his fucking mouth. " It makes it so Miles can grow a beard . You stick your face in and you get an instant beard, bye Keith." Ken was about to walk past Keith when he grabbed it out his hand.

" Pfft, twelve seconds and an instant beard. I'll believe it when I see it," Keith replied. Before Ken could stop him, Keith had managed to stick his entire goddamn face. He hadn't given him the twelve second warning. Ken counted. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen. Fourteen. Fifteen. Why hadn't he pulled out? Sixteen. Seventeen. Eighteen. Nineteen. Twenty. Keith pulled his face out. Thank god. Ten more seconds and the world would have ended. Thank god. He looked at Keith and realized Analomy wasn't kidding earlier. Keith, the bully who could never grow a beard, had a long beautiful blonde beard. Damn, he looked better with it.

Bully beard.PNG

Ken did notice one thing though. Keith looked older. Would rapid exposure be that be bad for Miles? Not if he gave him the warning. Keith saw his reflection and nearly dropped the CRTV, but luckily, Ken caught it. He ran off to Miles, but didn't make too far before he was grabbed by Keith. " What are you going to do?" He asked, watching him.

" Nothing. I just wanted to thank you. You know, I bet I can make it so..." Keith bent the two sides over. Ken looked. It was large enough to fit his whole face. Twenty seconds and he could get a beard as beautiful as Keith's. It was so tempting. He decided to not do it. Keith shoved Ken's face into the beard machine. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty two. What was the number again? Twenty three, twenty four, twent- 30. He was pulled at 25 seconds. Thank god, he didn't want to cause the world ending event. He surveyed himself in the reflection of a mirror Keith must have pulled out.
Ken long beard.jpg

Maybe it was the beard machine or the beard, but he wasn't mad at Keith. He felt like more of a man." Damn, let's go and give Miles his gift and show him how it works." And with that, the two went off to Miles's house.
END CHAPTER 1

CONTINUED HERE

Last edited:
Patient Zero
Prologue- Their side of the story
Such a worldwide epidemic hasn't been seen since the last epidemic we had. Reporting live from the labs that have caused this epidemic, I'm Charles Chadwick with 123456 news. Today, a month after the epidemic has started, the labs will be open to the public once again. The hint for patient zero is still out there, it is still unknown if like the other victims that he has succumbed to this epidemic or he is amongst the many left. I shall bring you in now alone.

The TV was flicked off. Joseph Josephs knew that what they were talking about was his fault. How was he supposed to know that even with all the precautions he had taken the epidemic would still take place? Some of the numerous precautions were such 1) He had made two parts to this unique serum, one of which was contained and contained within the body and another hidden within one of the early stage volunteers of this experiment. Hidden in the fine print of one of the volunteers was the permission to use them as one half of the serum. 2) He had kept the air borne half of the serum within a safe which only him and his three assistants were knowledge to them. 3) He had made it so that only together the serum could affect people. Of course, there were details he had put even more into place. Fourth, he had made it so that woman who had been exposed to both had one of two outcomes. Death or a change to them. Fifth and the most important precaution, he had made it so that original host could be affected by only a touch from someone already affected.

Joseph thought that with all of these precautions, it would be okay. But with each precautions, there were things he hadn't thought of. 1) Making sure he knew the identity of the carrier. He did not. 2) Never letting the serum be taken from the lab or released by satellite. It was. 3) Not thinking it wouldn't find a way to work regardless. 4) Not thinking of how poorly protected he had made it in general. But 5) he hadn't made the original host immune.

It was the kind of stuff that in hindsight should have been fairly obvious to do. Of course, it was always the obvious that was overlooked. He turned the TV back on and saw that Charles Chadwick was continuing his speech as the doors opened. He took one brief glance back at Charles.

full

He had been affected a little by the airborne one, but he was otherwise fine. It was better to be safe than sorry. As the doors opened, for the briefest moment, Joseph could have sworn that he saw someone touch Charles on the shoulder. As the doors closed, he didn't turn to see Charles. " I'm happy to talk with you, Charles, my dear twin br-" He turned to see Charles and cursed. He had seen someone touch him, as his friend was now fully bearded.

full

Joseph sighed, knowing that it was going to happen eventually and he took one brief look at himself, one last time.
full

He slowly put his hand on his brother's shoulder and sighed. He hoped someone would figure out the cure soon.

END PROLOGUE

Last edited:
Patient Zero
Dream 1- My Side of the Story

Sometimes I wonder if things could have been different. I had heard about an anonymous experiment that needed volunteers a long time ago. Me, being who I am went to it. There were so many of us. Everybody in the world loves a good mystery when everything has been so peaceful. Oh god, it was so weird from I can remember.

There were questions. A ton of them at first in which they weeded us out. There had to be at least six hundred volunteers and of those six hundred volunteers, there were about thirty of us left. We were split even, 15 men and 15 women. Ten more were knocked off after we took a blood test. 10 Men and 10 Women. There were still too many of us and that was when things got interesting. Five were cut for asking when the experiment would start, five more when they were revealed to be asthmatic on a second blood test. Ten was the number they wanted.

They took the women first. We watched as they were exposed to a mysterious gas, three fainted and were taken out. It was strange, but it didn't deter us. It should have. It really should have. Of course, the five of us went into the room.

The memory of what happened in the room is fuzzy. I remember inhaling the strange gas and it smelling like some foreign smell. I can't remember much else. Of the five who entered, three more fainted. I feel I would have two if the room had been stayed in for longer. It was just four of us in the end. Myself and the three others. I knew their names by heart. Jack, Jillian and Jasmine. It was easy as we were all J names. As for myself, I'm Jeremy. The next step was a shot. Then the watching. Oh god, the watching in the room of gas.

Jillian and Jasmine died during the watching. It was strange and I didn't know what to make of it. Of course, it was about to get strange. Jack and I slept for the night. I remember what he looked like before the night was up.

When I awoke again, a stranger was standing there, but the Jack looking back was fully bearded and looked different from how I remembered. I hadn't changed. I was the same. He was not.

I remember it all too well.

For a second, security rushed in and passed me grazing me, but when they got to him, they were also bearded. It was strange to say the least. I was asked to leave by the scientists and I did. I wonder how I couldn't have known.

That was over two years ago and now the gas was exposed to the world. They are hunting for Patient Zero. The one who could make others bearded. I didn't realize they were looking for me. I was Patient Zero, but my own ignorance blinded me to the truth. But that tale is not what brought you here. You want to know what I plan to do with my power to do that, I answer this. I plan to make the whole male world back to the bearded era, I will find a way to make myself the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremy brushed his hand through his hair as he looked around the area to decide who he would affect. There were a ton of options and so little time to choose it. He stared at the women and shrugged it off. There was no changing them easily, but he was going to try. He passed a few and they fell. They weren't dead like he thought before. They were in comas.

He looked and spotted his next target. A young man with glasses and a blue shirt. He briefly touched him and watched the transition before his eyes. Each time was still amazing. Some men lost hair, others gained muscles or gained other things.

before-after-growing-beard-no-shave-november-47-5a0d93716aa2e__700.jpg

The change to this man was his glasses changing to sunglasses and his shirt and hair changing. It was like looking at a before and after picture.

As he passed, he wondered if he could touch him, but the guards had already taken him away, using their special suits to never come into contact. Yet another lost opportunity once again. He sighed and continued, fading to the shadows.

END DREAM 1

Last edited:
The Beard Machine- Inspired by the YouTube Video of the same name

Chapter 2- In which Ken's Gift to Miles Changes the World or When Miles dooms the world for an Extra Long Beard ( We HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT, MILES!)

~~~To be edited later~~~

Last edited: