Lucerne, the City of Life

After the woman had walked away with a sad, yet slightly rude, "I'm fine", Auburn was distracted by the man she was getting away from in the first place. His cheeks were rosy red, his hair blondish, and a cute face. Actually, Auburn recognized this man by the many times he'd come here, he was a cook. The obvious red face gave it away, but would slowly die down with time, of course. If anything, Auburn thought it cute seeing a handsome man like this.
To avoid an awkward stare, Auburn turned on his curiosity and asked the man,
"What happened?"

Before he got an answer, August came up to a booth nearby and sat down, asking for a light drink. He knew what Auburn was thinking of this man, and he wanted to make sure he wouldn't go too far into trouble; not that he actually would.

"Nice to meet you Serenity," Jay replied as he shook her hand. "Hey, do you maybe wanna go get coffee? Don't worry, it'll be somewhere quiet if you're afraid of noise." His voice exuded an air of confidence, as did his smile. He bent forward, hands on his knees, so that he would be face-to-face with Serenity. "Don't worry about me being a creeper though. I'd just like to pick the mind of a girl who reads. There aren't many in my social circle."

The restaurant was getting rather busy and Faith began to see Esther getting nervous. she wasnt good with busy places, and Faith knew this, however she barely had a bite or two of her tiramisu, and she hated to be wasteful. "are you going to be ok for a little while longer honey?" she asked her shy daughter. the little girl nodded, and picked up her crayons again, drawing on a clean page in her notebook. as Esther drew it was obvious she was more relaxed focusing on the paper more then the people.

(just gotta say Darkness, out of my 11 characters, Cian happens to currently be my only bisexual character, as its something new ive been working with. lucky youre character picked up on him!)
Cian looked up, a somewhat guilty expression, "well, she was a bit upset about her food not being done yet, however she said she had waited 6 minutes, which is not nearly enough time to prepare quality food." he said with a rather thoughtful expression. "by the way, i see you here quite often when im sitting out on break. im glad to see people so heartily enjoying the food i cook, since im studying in the culinary program at the university." he chatted away. it didnt matter who it was, Cian was a social butterfly and often found it easy to talk to others, most likely because his parents where always deployed when he was a kid, and he got lonely.

Serenity raised an eyebrow. "afraid of noise? not really, it just gets on my nerves is all." she put her worn bookmark into the book and closed it. he seemed rather straight forward in his invitation, not at all unsure of himself. "as far as coffee goes... i think i will take you up on your offer." she gave a playful smirk as though she were accepting a challenge. she was actually amused by how confident he was, since anyone who actually knew her tended to be a bit intimidated of her. sometimes she could have a sharp tongue, and she was rather intelligent as well.

**note to everyone, i may be adding an additional character soon**

"Oh, I've always wanted to take a culinary class. Too bad I'm not the handiest in the kitchen though." Auburn gave a soft laugh t himself. "But yes, I love your food." After realizing the awkwardness of the statement, he tried to fix it. "I-I mean, the food here, that is served. I mean, yeah, you cooked it... You're really good at it." Auburn could feel the blood rushing to his cheeks, and soon they would be the same color as his name. He tilted his head to the side a little, trying to hide his face, yet not wanting to make it obvious.
August saw his brother becoming red, and gently kicked his back from the stool he sat. Getting his attention, August held out his cup.
"You look hot, would you like some to cool you down?" Auburn shook his head and replied,
"No thank you, Brother, I prefer wines." His blush had lightened up, and he was left with only a light pink strip across his cheeks as he turned back to Cian. "I'm Auburn, pleased to make your acquaintance." He held out his hand formally.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Awesome," Jay said with a grin, noting every detail down to her choice of words and her expression as she replied. He stood up straight again and held his hand out as though he were inviting her to a dance. "Shall we?"

(Sorry ive been gone so long! i know there was th import and all, but ive also had exams and finals and such for my college classes. anyway, im back now!)

Faith was just finishing up her cake and was going to ask Esther if she was ready to leave, however Esther was now humming a quiet tune and was totally absorbed in coloring in her notebook. Faith decided not no to disturb her and sat glancing around the room a bit.

Cian smiled and chuckled, "thanks, the best part of cooking is knowing someone enjoyed themselves, so im glad you like it. i suppose if you ever come in when the head chef is here the food is probably much better then mine." Cian gave a modest shrug. the twins seemed friendly, and didnt seem to know him for his less then stellar reputation. he could be a bit flirty, however mostly with the ladies, and only when they asked a favor of him. he had one of the most unconventional match making strategies you'd ever seen. a lot of times two people would take a liking to each other but not make a move. when the stalemate became too much Cian was asked by the girl to make the guy jealous... therein lying the problem with Cians reputation. Cian would probably flirt with anyone, but guys were often put off by this, so he would only flirt with his own gender when he was having a bad day, because their reactions were priceless. Cian liked to mess with the guys a little, but only because he knew guys could take a joke. his yellow-green eyes grew a bit distant as he started to zone out.

Serenity took his hand and stood up, "a gentleman are we?" she gave more sincere smile this time. she gave her skirt a quick pat so the creased and folded bits would fall naturally around her legs. "now, do you have a particular coffee shop in mind?" she asked, waiting for him to lead.

Jay gave a little nod and a wink. "As I should be," he replied. He recalled the day before when Elle had brought him to dinner at some place. All he could remember was crappy music, a huge crowd, and her not doing the cheque dance. If she wasn't hot, Jay wouldn't even have gone out with her a second time.

He looked at the girl before him, taking Elle off his mind. "I heard there's a nice Italian place nearby. Lovely Italy or Ladle Italy or something. How about that?" he suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the time and his now more-relaxed brother, August decided it was safe to leave Auburn and go home. After paying for the drink, August tapped Auburn on the shoulder and said "Goodbye" to his brother. Auburn waved then turned back to the chef, who was still unnamed and now beginning to stare into space in thought.
"Well, seeing the time I think I might go, too." Auburn said softly to the cook, though there was nothing better to do at home.

Faith put a hand gently over her daughters and motioned towards her backpack. Esther picked up her things and took her mothers hand as the exited the slowly quieting restaurant. the lunch rush was over so the crowd had thinned out. Faith walked Esther out of Little Italy and got her situated in the van before driving away.

Cian snapped back to his conversation upon hearing one of the twins leave. "sorry about that, i guess i zoned out a little." he shifted from his slightly slouche position and leaned on the table. "My names Cian Dion by the way. nice to meet you." he gave a nod as the head chef came out and handed him an envelope. he took it and opened it as he spoke. "you know, i hope you cherish your brother. im an only child and i wouldve loved to have had someone to lean on during high school, especially with my parents gone all the time." he folded up the paper and placed it with the money in the envelope and grinned at the blonde, "well, looks like im leaving too. just got myself a nice bonus and i get to leave early"

"Little Italy." Serenity corrected. She followed him out, pondering whether she would pay for her own food or not. "are you treating, or would you like me to pay for myself?" she asked bluntly. Her father may have been pretty well off, but Serenity knew the value of a dollar and merely thought it considerate to pay for herself if need be.

Elri had enjoyed a day off from work walking with her friend and guardian Jethro. He was a well trained service dog and a pure bred German Shepherd, but most of all he was her companion. even though she was sightless, Elri was well adapted to getting around Lucerne and relished the ability to take in the sounds and smells of the city she called home. Jethro gave her a nudge and she heard close rustle very close by. "thanks Jethro, i guess i wouldve gotten ran over by that man." she said, reffering to the man who had walked by with great haste, not paying attention to those around him.

Phoenix stood in front of the peaches at the super market, feeling each peach for it ripeness. "Hmmm" he hummed to himself putting a few in the plastic bag before going to find other items that were on his list. He read each one of to himself:
  • Milk
  • Peaches
  • Butter
  • Chicken
  • Beef
  • Carrots
It was his turn to do the shopping for his foster mom, he was always happy to help out but he hated shopping. He found the milk with no trouble and soon he found the butter, next to it. He had already gotten the carrots so he just had to find the chicken and beef. He wasn't sure what kind of cut she had wanted of the beef so he just got some steaks. As for the chicken, he grabbed some legs and breasts. He had just got off of work so he was tired, as he proceeded to the checkout he saw his favorite type of gum. He grabbed it and then checked out and started on the journey home.

"Oh, so you know it already then?" Jay replied, as though he didn't realize he had made a mistake. "Don't worry babe, it's my treat. I asked you out." He led the way out of the library, glancing back every couple of seconds to make sure she was following.

Each time he met a new girl, he liked giving her the works. Paying for them was never an issue, it was the fact that once they got to know the amount of pocket money he got, they'd start acting as though he was expected to pay everything for them. He was glad that Serenity had at least offered.

"So... What else do you like, you little bookworm?" he asked as they walked. "Food?" He was randomly hopping over things along the pavement; a little habit from parkour. This habit usually got people asking about him. Jay knew it was an easy avenue for him to subtly show off, and he took full advantage of it.

She blushed a bit and looked away from the window and turned her back from it. "What am I doing?" She thought to herself when realized she was basically stalking the place out. Lilly gulped and sighed, warily glanced at the restaurant, and then began walking away. She dreaded heading home though, into an empty dorm room. Even though she had wished to be independent and to interact with people, have friends, and do what regular people would do; she was still very lonely and no one hardly knew she existed.

Lilly almost jumped when she heard the door open, not expecting anyone to come out so soon. As she was turning to go around him she couldn't help but let her eyes wonder on the stranger, even begin staring at him. She stopped and turned toward him, her eyes wide in curiosity. "Such pretty hair!" She said as a smile flashed across her face. She was embarrassed she said such a thing, but she never knew boys could have pretty hair like this. Slightly red, her grin only widened as she sheepishly continued talking, "I'm sorry. I've never seen such blonde hair that looked so radiant. Ah, but I never usually go out so I guess my reaction would be strange wouldn't it?" She laughed lightly and tore her eyes away from the boy as much as she could, to escape any further humiliation she was putting herself through.

Phoenix grabbed a peach from his bags and started to eat it. He loved the taste of the peach's juice running down his chin when he bit into it. He kept on walking to his foster moms little apartment. Soon he'll have to start looking for one and move out. With six of them already in that three-bedroom apartment it will be nice to have his own place. He'd might actually get some stuff done.

Serenity raised an eyebrow, "yes I do know Little Italy, they have very good coffee. A little spendy, but good none the less. I would appreciate not beibg called 'babe' too." She tucked a strand of her black hair behind her ear. "I guess food is ok... I'm more into intellectual activities though." She answered.

Elri ran a hand t hrough her aqua blue hair as her dog trotted along beside her. She had a craving for fruit, but she didn't know what kind. She found a local stand and placed her hands over the different fruits, checking for freshness in feel and scent.

After being thrown out of yet another bar Jericho stumbled onto the street. He was a mess, piratically in tears as he continued to walk unsteadily down the side of the road with his coat pulled tight against him. It felt like a cold night, thought that didn't matter, his senses were mostly numbed to any feeling now that his body was deluded from alcohol. He dropped back and leaned against a dumpster just outside of an ally, normally the dumpster would be closer to the door of whatever restaurant he was next to but some kids must have been trying to push it out into the street or something. Really he could care less. As he looked up his eyes were distant and bloodshot, he seemed to be looking for something... of which he did not know... tears were running down his cheeks. Truly he was a sorry sight.

"Oh! Congratulations, I'm sure you deserved it." Auburn said with a smile. Seeing that the two would part, for now, Auburn shook the man's hand politely. Ignoring the "proper" way to shake (Which they learned several times in his social classes), he shook his hand gently four times. "Have a good night." He said with another, soft smile. He left the restaurant and headed to his left and down the street to the head of the apartment complex that was located closely to (and almost over) the Little Italy. He was glad to have an apartment close to the entrance, for he hated driving, especially when he had to go through the gate entry.
As he finally reached and unlocked his front door, he set down his bag full of child development and sociology books and homework. He re-locked the door and sat down on the bed to finally get some sleep. At least tomorrow would be Sunday, and he wouldn't have college.
Cian.
Auburn smirked to himself. "What a cute man."

(Oh my God, I had to look at my last couple posts to figure out which twin name was which. xD)

Phoenix walked into his apartment complex. He finally got to the third floor and to his apartment. Phoenix unlocked the door and saw that it was dark and quiet. "Their probably already asleep." He muttered to him self. "Guess I get the couch tonight." He sighed again. Putting away the groceries and taking another peach before sitting down on the couch and finishing up on homework. His apartment was to packed. He was the oldest of 5 other foster children. He finished his peach at the same time he finished his homework. Throwing away the core he laid on the couched and tried to fall asleep.

(pstt. What time is it in this rp?)

Jay grinned, though he was a little disappointed that she had not noticed or asked much about him. He was still determined to continue showering her with attention for now, though his experience with girls told him that if the interest wasn't reciprocated for much longer, his get-the-hell-out-of-here protocol would kick in. He'd never found a girl with whom he was willing to stick around and give everything he had, and after the number of girls he'd dated, he was pretty sure he never would.

"Alright then, Serenity. Let's engage in intellectual activities in Italy."

As they arrived at Little Italy, Jay raised two fingers up to the waitress.

(([MENTION=3861]Shadow Reaver[/MENTION]?))

((the time is roughly 7 pm)

Serenity eyed Jay a bit. she knew what he was fishing for. what he didnt know was that in Serenitys eyes, the brain should rule the heart, and not the other way around. petty attractions were more like distractions on the way to a prosperous and stable life for Serenity. She was doubtful anyone would be able to change her mind, so she usually played along when she was asked out on a date. Serenity smirked when he mentioned the intellectual activities. "lets see if you can keep up with my brain, eh?" she had a slightly challenging look on her face.

Cian took the handshake, and walked the blonde man walk out. he gave a small smile and went into the back to gather his stuff. as he walked home he took in a deep breath of the fragrant spring air. thats right, this is the city of life, a place for second chances... my old reputation doesn't control me any longer. He grinned even wider and started a brisk jog the rest of the way. when he got home he set straight to studying, if he reallly wanted to be a top chef, he would have to work hard. and who knows, he might even find himself a companion while he was at it!

Elri heard noises around the corner, and listened in the direction they came from. she placed her feet carefully, realizing by the sounds around her that she was heading into a back alley. she felt her dog walk a bit closer to her as she heard the sounds of someone crawling in a dumpster. she trained her sightless eyes on the area where the sound was coming from, "hello? is someone here?" she asked. since her blindness was due to a head injury her eyes appeared completely nbormal and when she put forth enough effort she could make it appear as though she werent blind.