Lower Fantasy RP project

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spectre

Original poster
**Update 2/27: This is reopened and looking for 1-2 active roleplayers. There 'is' an OOC up, however prefer to keep the 'recruiting' stage here on the interest check.

After doing some research, I've decided I wanted to try something with the folks here. Just gauging interest in another one of my ideas..

The premise would be along the lines of a rogue-like adventure for the player party involved. Something like the current continent has been quite prosperous and has expanded to happy capacity, and a relative peace has been held throughout the kingdoms.

There has been some expeditions across the seas to find other civilizations and unexplored land that have now been successful. After a few years, there has been a fortified city built around a port, and a small village or two outside of this, but not much else. There has been call for many adventurers to test their mettle and sail there to help the exploration efforts.

The characters would start as wide-eyed novice adventurers, likely in the same youngish age bracket. I'm still trying to decide an "era" to get a feel for. I am currently prioritizing somewhere in a mid-early medieval century. Also considering antiquity [greco-roman-ish]....

Their "jobs" would be to chart maps and bring back findings, and help out with other efforts. Slaying or befriending all manner of creatures. Surveying ruins. Solving disputes. Random things along the way. I'd be keeping a map that will be generated and updated as the players explore and chart.

Characters would step out of town, I'd do some randomizing to see what sort of climate and terrain is around, and let the players run wild (after a bit of direction). Id basically set up a large scene, laying out major points, and allow the players to dictate the rest. If things change drastically, id be there to interrupt and put things here and there. Interactive NPC's, enemies, the like... it'd be a bit of a living sandbox / or grab bag of quests and things to guide players, too. People to talk to, help out, and maybe even some secrets to unlock :).

In trying to keep with lower fantasy, I'll say the characters should stick to human. The new world will be rife with magics and that, though. Magic is known, but by the few- and it's quite dangerous, and easy to miscast and really hurt yourself. Though learning new magics can certainly happen.

I'd be keeping backgrounds and characters beginnings quite open to interpretation. Since no one will be setting foot on the original continent during the roleplay- I'll basically allow your imaginations run wild with who the characters are and where/what they came from.

-Looking for moderate / intermediate players.
-Looking for 3-4 players. But certainly open to swap people around if needed. "Drag and drop" may be an option :P
-Character death will be possible.
-pace is up for debate, but prefer as active as possible.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested as I've always preferred the dynamic of a smaller group. Plus it's been awhile since I've written a novice adventurer type of character. :-)

• Thank You
Reactions: Spectre
This is very intresting

• Thank You
Reactions: Spectre
Ah cool. Gathering some interest, at least.

I'll be getting a character sheet drawn up shortly, and working on an introduction for the future.

For now, i'll consider all of you interested, yes? What are all of your posting habits on average? Just so i can gauge a pace.

@Applo @Rowdybull @BearEnthusiast

@Spectre I can usually post at least once if not a few times a day. I'm pretty adaptable though.

a couple of times a week, or though it sorta depends on how long a post your talking about, dont look here, look at bear

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
I'm thinking the posting size should be at least a paragraph. I'm not looking for walls of text. Waxing poetic and purple prose doesn't normally allow god story pacing between characters/writers. But I 'do' want each player to add their own flavors into the game when they like, so more than just 'X does Y, Z happens' short posts.

I'd like to assume everyone can start off on the same page knowing the same flavor of things given by the GM, and sort of assume 'everything is true' [for the most part] that the writers say about the area, unless the GM has stated otherwise. So, if a player wants to see some strange runes carved into a wall, or 'hear something coming from behind them', they can. And i'll give you something to hear! Otherwise, I'm still going to be putting encounters in, as well as plenty of NPC's to chat with. GM will be the voices and major actions of NPC's, however. Does that make sense at all?

Reactions: Applo
If there's still room for another one, I'd like to take part in this!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Bears
Not at all. I find discord to be very helpful and fun since I can learn more about the people I'm writing with.

@Ataraxia and then @Shizuochan starts talking and you immediately regret everything. i kid

But on a more related note yeah, Discord is hella helpful and should make organizing the whole thing a lot more convenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allrighty. See if this works for everyone:
Discord

PS i'm super new to using discord. so. i'm sure there's things i'll screw up and or miss.

I try to post everyday (although I'm not involved in many rp's)
i also joined in on the discord

Could I jump in as well or has this ship already sailed?

Hey there @Ramboing
The group is currently full. However, if you would like, I can let you know if/when a spot opens up in the likely event that it does. I have no problems doing so.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ramboing
Hey there @Ramboing a spot has opened up, and the RP has not yet kicked off. If you intend to joining up, let me know.

Otherwise, this RP search has re-opened- looking for active roleplayers for a lower fantasy adventure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.