Low-Wage Silliness

"Yes i do indeed dance its just something I picked up when i used to play sports in my college years," Jason answered and was interested when Lilly said she wanted to be an actor. "Well i guess i could ask you about what you like to do, whats your dreams, and finally what drov you to want to be an actress?" he thought that these were all pretty good questions since he does actually spend time writing down ideas on things to ask people in his free time.

Bryan looked up and watched Lily and Jason talk with each other. He couldn't help but chuckle. What a flirt. He continued to sweep and I finally finished. He puts down the broom and stretched. So many people. So little time. Bryan grabbed a small stepping ladder and props it up to the side of the wall before climbing up and taking the clock down.

Lilly scratched the back of her head. "Well, like I said, I want to be an actress. I always loved singing and dancing. Once I started doing schools in high school, I got hooked. I even went to college for it. As for what I like to do...," She blushed deeply as she said this. "I like video games." She thought for a moment. "You seem pretty cool. Maybe we can hang out when we're not at work sometime." Lilly was glad to be meeting someone she could get along with so well.

"I'd like that and mabye we could..," Jason stopped hearing Bryan give a small laugh while watching them, "Something funny over there Mr. Chuckles?" He knew full well the reason he was having a little laugh over there, but that brought on a great idea in his head. "Well if you wanna hangout me and Bryan were gonna go dancing later so if you wanted to join i'm cool with it," he suggested and turns towards Bryan, "If you don't mind another tag along that is."

Lilly shook her head. "No, not at all. The more the merrier. Just...Don't be weirded out if I kinda cling to you for a little bit. If you couldn't tell, it takes a bit for me to be comfortable with someone. But your friend seems nice." She looked over at Brian. Perhaps he could be another friend once she got to know him. Maybe something more. Not that that was her priority at this point in life. "Just tell me when and where."

Bryan turned the clock to the appropriate time and replaced it on the clock before stepping down. He froze and turned to Jason. "Nothing." He laughed "Sure. It would be so cool. We could all dance together." He picked up the step ladder and walked over to them "my name is Bryan. Nice to meet you." He introduced himself before poking Jason and leaning into his ear "Don't get her pregnant." He teased. He whispered soft enough that Lily did not hear.

"Whatever bro besides I don't mess with that baby mama drama," Jason whispered back smirking but tried to play it off so Lilly didn't think something was off. "Anyway we're gonna be having a good old time out on the town since my friend just got a bouncer job at one of these new clubs and he owes me one from a while back so its gonna be my favorite kind of enterance fee which is free," he tells them now excited since he was planning on going there anyway, but it was nice to have a couple of friends along too. "So yeah once work lets out i'm gonna show both of you the complete Jason Barnes experience."

Lilly smiled a genuine smile. "Nice yo meet you, too. The name's Lilly." She looked around to see if there were any customers she might have to deal with. "The Jason Barnes experience, huh? Sounds good to me. I have something to change into once I get off work, so I'll be ready to go when you guys are." She didn't do that well in crowds, but her shyness shouldn't be much of a problem if she had someone to hang out with tonight.

He clappe his hands excitedly "Ooo, the Jason Barnes experience. Can't wait." He grinned from ear to ear. He turned to Lily "I never went to a club before. It sounds like an adventure." He turned to the front of the store front turning back. He pushed up his glasses. His strange pale blue eyes reflected his emotions.

"Glad to see your both on board its gonna be a blast i can assure you that much," Jason says laughing at thought of what tonight shall bring on. "Well now i'm gonna go listen to some music in my little office so if you've got any more questions you know where to find me," he lets them know waving before turing to head back to his office and took out the disk that was currently on his record player. "Now what shall i play next," he wondered searching through his little pile of record albums before finding a good one, "Best hits of Little Richard a true classic right here." He put it in and started up the record player and sat down relaxing at the music that now started to play in his small little section.

(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrF8Zbt5_jJeuXoWthoQmMKta6Kpd5wKl)

"Alright! See ya!" Lilly went back to work, listening to the faint music. She could tell tonight would be fun. She didn't know what kind of guy Jason was, but he seemed nice. And the dancing would at least help her relieve some tension.

Casper shrugged and gave a slight grunt in response to Archie's question. "Depends on your definition of busy, for us a busy day is when everyone actually has something to do. We get enough business to keep the store alive but most days its pretty empty." Opening the door to the loading bay/rear of the store, Casper walked over to a couple of large boxes and pointed to a clipboard and some paper laying nearby. "Ok newbie, your job is to unload the crates and inspect the contents to make sure nothing is damaged or missing. Once you have done that you unpack them and put the items on the matching shelves." Casper then pointed to signs on the tall shelves that read cosmetics, toys, perishables, etc. "It looks like you have two boxes of cosmetics, 1 box of snack food, and a box of paperback novels. If you have any questions just grab someone." Without any further explanation Casper simply vanished through a door and left Archie to his task.

Damian stood back, checking his handiwork. Indeed, it was a pleasant sight. Every book was aligned, ordered and correct in every sense of the word. Now onto the game section! As Damian rounded the corner, he saw two things that instantly made his stomach sink. Primarily, a giant heap of books, shaped like the Effiel Tower. This was not on par with the beautiful feat of enginerring and architecture that was the Tower. There were inconsistencies everywhere, the entire model riddled with asymmetry. He swallowed hard and walked on. The second thing he saw was the head of the video game section. This man was a senseless critic of professional console play and Nintendo in particular, unable to use the refined vision that he boasted about having as part of the PC master race. This man was unable to see the difference between carbon copy clone crap such as the CoD franchise, and real games such as the Super Smash Bros series. Damian had a strong dislike of this man. He walked past him coldly.

Lilly sighed and leaned against the counter, humming again. She couldn't wait to go to the club that night. Maybe other coworkers would join them and they would all make a night of it. She noticed Damian walking through the video game section. The people who worked here seemed nice enough so far, but things were not very busy. Not many customers even came to her counter.

Damian felt preturbed. Something was missing. His keycard! It must be... oh no... by the counter. Lily was at the counter. Lily made him nervous and jittery. He couldn't used his hands properly when he was nervous. But he couldn't get new stock without his keycard. Damian weighed up his options. If he couldn't get fresh stock there would be... gaps! Damian shivered and walked over to the desk. "H-h-hello Lily" He stammered, blushing already.

Lilly looked down, mumbling. "Um, hi...." She was awkward again and she knew it. Damn it, she had to get used to talking to people! She blushed heavily and hoped that she could get through this simple interaction with a stranger. "Uh, what did you need? Is there anything I can help you with? I'm not busy at the moment."

"I um I-I-I just need to get m-my pass" Damian looked away, unable to look at her, too nervous. "I'm just g-going to reach in and g-get it" He said, moving around the back of the counter to where she was standing. He was much taller than her and easily reached around her to try and get his pass. His earlier prediction had been accurate as he couldn't find it with his hands shaking. He quickly realised they were practically embracing each other.

Lilly's face turned bright red. "I...I could have gotten that for you..." She looked around to see if anyone else could see them. Luckily there weren't any customers or other co-workers around to make this even more traumatizing. It was her first day for Pete's sake! "S-so, um.....Did you get it?"

"I can't find it" he admitted, turning bright red. Why did this have to happen? Why was he unable to compose himself around pretty girls? So many questions and none of them offered solutions for his current situation. It wasn't that he didn't like being close to people, it's just he was constantly worried about them disliking him due to his form. He wasn't very muscular at all. She was probably thinking that right now. Damian grew sullen, still embarrassed but also sad that this was a co-worker who now probably didn't like him. "Sorry" he said more softly, some of his sorrow bleeding through.

Lilly looked at him and raised an eyebrow at his tone of voice. He wasn't that bad looking, she guessed. Not that romance was exactly on her mind at the moment. Se couldn't get too attached if she was going to go to New York and become a star. But there was something about him that she liked. "No need to apologize. I'll find it." She looked around and found the pass, handing it to him. "Here you go. Just ask next time. I kinda hope there will be a next time..."