Low-Wage Silliness (OOC/Sign-up)

Late already shame man.

Trust me i screw up with that a bit sometimes...but that reminds me i need to go color mine.

I'll be posting later tomorrow!

maternity-dresses-pregnant-women-summer-tops-12388.jpg
Name: Ashley Yukyun Kang

Sexuality: Straight

Position: Regular Worker

Role: The Mommy-to-be, often showered with love ^^

Height: 5' 7", 170cm

Weight: 140 lbs., 63 Kg

Past: Parents moved to Colorado from South Korea when Ashley was four-years-old. As she was not part of a Wealthy Family, Ashley would often spent her time out of school working part-time jobs to help her parents pay rent, despite them working very hard. She didn't really get to enjoy all the luxurious most kids would have. But as she got older, her life got more comfortable. She graduated from High School with Honors. Going to College, she ended up deciding to major in Psychology, but finding a Job in that field was difficult. Sadly, a One-Night Stand left her pregnant.

Place of Residence: Her place of Zen and Piece. Perfect for an Independent Mommy-to-be
Studio-Apartment.jpg

Personality: Ashley isn't the most outgoing person in the world, but isn't exactly anti-social either. Ever since High School, she is known to be very shy, especially around guys. As the fourth of six children, Ashley did have the tendency to hide behind her older Siblings, which carried into her early teens, but she eventually grew out of it when she graduated from High School. Although she was a bit more outgoing in College, Ashley was still shy around guys, so she had the tendency to stay out of relationships. As a result of being shy, Ashley is also a bit socially awkward, but it has improved after she graduated from College. Around her friends, she is practically the therapist and has an open door policy for her friends if they ever need someone to vent to or talk about their problems. But sometimes, even the therapist needs someone to vent to. Although headstrong, Ashley is not without a soft side, as she is family oriented and has shown to be a nice and caring person, both as a friend and family member. However, she is weak emotionally, as it takes only one rude comment to make her cry, which she does not like, but is not ashamed to admit that even she can be quite the crybaby.

Quirks: Well, considering that she's pregnant and her belly's getting bigger almost every week, she has the tendency to rest her hand on it. Even holding it for extended periods of time. She'll start trembling at certain parts when watching Horror Movies. Not a big fan of Sharp Objects, mostly Knives or Scalpels. Ashley will even freak out if its being pointed at her belly. Pregnancy is tough, what can she say?

Hobbies/Addictions: Well, she is an avid gamer, so if she has any left-over money from paying bills and rent, she'll buy a new game that she is interested in. Ashley will also look into certain Magazine Issues and collects them as if they were Comic Books. But if anything, she watches a lot of movies, and buys new ones every three days since she doesn't really have time to go to the Movie Theater. However, with a baby on the way, its tough for her to feed any addiction or hobby she even has.

Dream: Considering that she has a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, she wanted to be a Therapist...Nothing special besides helping people either coup or recover from Depression and whatever the case may be.

@Kirisuna you is accepted, feel free to post, though you'll be coming in as a new hire if that's alright? Everybody else has been working there for around a week, but your character has just recently been hired, k?

Umm, sure. Where do I start?

Just waking up, doing your routine, and then heading to work ^^. Then fell free to participate in the silliness however you wish ^^.

Sounds like fun
What's the ratio of female to male?

We have one more girl over the guys at the moment.

Oh ok thanks

Just got home from campy wampy outdoor funtimes with no internet! I'll get a post up ASAP, promise

EDIT: Gotta wake up early tomorrow for IRL job... Okay then, my goal is to have my post up by tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys got room for a sarcastic, slightly over-talkative Brit? *Makes かわいい puppy eyes and nyaa's inappropriately*

Oh course we do the more colorful characters the better.

tumblr_inline_mxd45yPUSJ1qcj2e9.jpg

X - X - X

Name: Archie Wood

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Position: Regular Worker

Role: The over-talkative, shy and sarcastic Brit.

Height: 6'0''

Weight: 62KG

Past: After graduating from York St.John University back home in England with a Bachelor Honour's degree in TESOL and Japanese language studies, Archie decided it was time to travel for a while. Feeling that he'd worked his arse off all of his life, he decided it was time to take a break and see a bit of the world for himself. He doesn't talk much about how he ended up living in Colorado or about his family and friends back in England. One thing is certain about his past, though... there's more to his story than he lets on.

Place of Residence:

studio-apartment-layout-awesome-design-with-studio-apartment-layout.jpg

Situated not too far away from where he recently found employment (about a 10 minute walk), Archie lives in a modest abode. His 1 bedroom studio apartment isn't the most expansive or luxurious of places but the restricted space is pleasantly nostalgic of his university days. Most of his decoration is quite rustic and zen, there are multiple statues of buddhas and ornate candle holders which play host to a variety of scented tablets. However, in contrast, the walls are also littered with posters of various anime and video games series (although he keeps most of those things confined to his bedroom out of embarrassment for when he has guests). All in all, it is quite pleasant to say he only has a low-wage job in a foreign land and for that he is grateful.

Personality: Incredibly nervous and shy, Archie often blunders into situations head-first armed with nothing but a few snarky words and awkward one-liners. His usual fall-back defence is humour and he utilizes it whenever he feels even a hint of discomfort. Many people comment on his sunny disposition towards life and he tries to take everyday as a breath of fresh air... emphasis on 'tries', there. He has a passion for language and culture as well as a lust for adventure. His spare time is often filled with him pursuing knowledge on these topics or playing video games/reading manga. He's a bit of shut-in in that sense and finds it difficult to fully connect with people, however, once he comes out of his shell he has quite a wild party spirit in him. His music taste is incredibly varied and he will listen to anything from metal to J-pop, it all depends on the song. One particular thing that he manages to nark people with, however, is his stubbornness and pride.

Quirks: Adamant fear of lifts, if he is forced to use one he will begin to shake and bob up and down as if desperate for the toilet, hates any sort of sea food with a passion, slight obsession with wearing cardigans.

Hobbies/Addictions: As previously stated, his main hobbies revolve around studying foreign languages and cultures as well as playing video games, watching anime and reading manga. He doesn't have any major addictions, however, he does have a prevalent affinity for jazz and classical music.

Dream: His original dream was to become an English teacher in Japan. However, as he progressed through university his ambitions set their sights on a new goal - becoming an advisor and translator for large businesses in the foreign relations department.

This will always be open, but worker spots are being taken quickly, soon enough we'll only be taking Customer characters.

Also, Archie is accepted, though he'll be newly hired like Ashley if thats okay.

That's absolutely fine ^^