Low-Wage Silliness (OOC/Sign-up)

Hmmm, i could probably photoshop the glasses out of the pictures, but i don't know if i should >_<

Cute!

I liked the other picture, too, but those really capture her true character.

And I don't know about 'shopping them, especially if they aren't your work.

Yea, their not >_<, i can't draw for crap, i can only do photoshop edits and 3D stuff. Guess i won't, i would ask for permission to do so, but i'd rather not bother the artist themselves >_<.

Name:
Chester Treembly

Appearance:
Chester's a tall and overall fairly odd-looking dude. He stands at at least six foot, if not several inches over. Moreover, he's skinny as a plank, which lends him a gangly Ichabod Crane appearance. Bright blue straight-cut Levis cover his storky legs, barely. They don't quite extend past his ankles, revealing white tube socks that ascend out of grass-stained sneakers sporting the big New Balance 'N.' Chester's been known to substitute his jeans for cargo pants of varying camouflage patterns.

Chester wears an untucked and wrinkled polo shirt. It's actually the store's uniform shirt, but you can't really tell due to the black zipup hoodie that he usually wears over it. The back of the hoodie is covered in cat hair. Sometimes he zips it up, sometimes not. Sometimes he wears the hood around the store. He has big hands with long fingers. His shoes look pretty large too, come to think of it.

On most days, Chester walks around with a perfectly neutral expression. He seems to have two modes of walking: man-on-a-mission strides, or aimless head-in-clouds wandering. If he must interact with someone or something, he regards it with an air of detached interest. Grey eyes, set in a long, pale face, stare from behind rectangular wire frame eyeglasses, which rest on a nicely straight nose. His eyeglass earpieces disappear into a flowing mop of blond hair. On his soft chin is what might be the start of a beard. Wispy hairs - difficult to see due to their blond color - spiral outward, some significantly longer than others. When he talks, which most get the impression he loves doing, chin hairs gleam on and off individually as they catch the light at different angles. Acne scars pockmark his cheeks.

Usually he smells faintly of sweat, but on special occasions Chester will spray on a thick layer of Old Spice.

Sexuality:
Straight

Position:
Video Game Section Manager

Role:
Chester is very much here for other characters to bounce off. He has potential for comic relief, but also possesses annoying and abrasive tendencies that allow him to serve as a sort of mild antagonist in the store.

Height:
6'3" / 190cm

Weight:
140lbs / 63kg

Past:
As far as anybody knows, Chester graduated from a local high school and might attend classes at a local community college. He's worked at the store for quite a while. He is purported to have never had a girlfriend.

Place of Residence:
Chester lives with his grandmother in a sketchy area of town. The sidewalk's in shambles, the chain link fence around their yard is rusty, and there's more dandelions in the yard than actual grass. The house itself is in dire need of a new paint job. Inside, the lighting is soft and the furniture quaint, but it constantly smells like popcorn. A TV is playing somewhere deeper in the house. At the end of a hallway is Chester's room. Taped to the door is a DANGER - RESTRICTED AREA sign and a Fallout-themed biohazard sticker. The sticker is appropriate.

Chester's floor is a tangle of laundry. Dirty or clean, who knows. It's a challenge to find open spots of floor to walk on. Dominating one wall is a wooden desk holding Chester's battlestation - three widescreen monitors, a gaming-styled keyboard and mouse, and the massive computer tower, all featuring multicolored glowing LED trim. Even the gaming headset lying atop the tower has glowing trim. You can't move the mouse without hearing gritty noises due to all the crumbs on the desk. A rolling office-style chair is pushed neatly into the desk. Beside the desk, on the floor, is a tactical 5.11 backpack. Very spacious. A teetering pile of textbooks interspersed with crumpled sheets of notebook paper sit on the floor beside the backpack. All manner of eating surfaces and utensils litter the area on and around the desk. Plates, bowls, forks, spoons, cups, soda cans, water bottles, and so on.

In the corner lies a sad-looking mattress with a number of pillows rumpled blankets lying atop it. Chester doesn't make his bed. At least the blankets look comfortable. At the foot of mattress rests a long box with a picture of an M4 carbine airsoft gun on the lid. Overhead, a ceiling fan spins lazily. Sunlight filters through leaves and branches outside, eventually making it through Chester's window to dimly light the whole room. A glance outside the window confirms that the backyard is even more overgrown than the front. Occupying the windowsill is an arrangement of stuffed ponies and a box of 20-sided dice.

Personality:
Frankly, Chester's personality is, by and large, shit. He's overly defensive at times, coldly dismissive at others. He's awkward, with most social cues flying right over his head, but that won't stop him from talking your ear off about something you may or may not care about. He loves video games, but will vehemently rant about those who play them on consoles. He's a relentless flirt. If he doesn't like you, he'll try to pass on as much work and blame to you as is humanly possible. If anybody is that guy, it's Chester. Pouting and attempts to exact petty revenge are not unknown if things don't go his way. Nobody knows why he hasn't been fired already, but it might have something to do with his shameless brown nosing of management. And he's friendly enough with customers when he wants to be. If he does like you, however, he's the most loyal friend you're likely to have. This is the only redeeming quality that Chester is known to possess as of yet.

Quirks:
Hates drinking, smoking, and all forms of drug use.
Hates video game console players, particularly players of Nintendo games. Affects a buddy-ol-pal demeanor with all PC players.
Hates practitioners of all religions except Buddhism.
Hates rap, hip hop, and urban lifestyle clothing such as snapbacks, SUPREME gear, etc.
Is quick to let others know if he hates something. Argumentative in general.
Craves a girlfriend and physical affection.
Loves all forms of ramen, but is mostly seen with the Cup of Noodle kind.
Is meticulous and pays great attention to detail.

Hobbies/Addictions:
My Little Pony.
Anime, to a limited degree.
Conventions.
Airsoft.
Reddit.
4chan.
Punk rock and electronica.
PC gaming.
Warhammer 40K tabletop game.
Dungeons & Dragons, and other pen and paper RPGs.
Forum roleplaying.

Dream:
Chester aspires to become a graphic designer or indie video game developer, but he can't quite decide which one.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Brovo
Nice character, and i appreciate how much work you put into it ^^. Will be fun to RP with you in this, is what i can see already!

Nice character, and i appreciate how much work you put into it ^^. Will be fun to RP with you in this, is what i can see already!
Oh, I definitely had fun writing him :P
I can't wait to get started.

Yay! Now all we need is a Manager, and i can do the IC things :3

Just a heads-up.

I'm unlikely to be around tomorrow. I have a commission for two machines, and probably won't have the energy to do much more than wriggle threateningly at somebody.

Character Sheet
Name: Casper Riktof
Appearance:
eiTociR.jpg

Sexuality: straight
Position: Manager
Role: Lazy boss that has a carefree attitude.
Height: 6'1
Weight: 282 lbs
Past: Casper is a college dropout, not for lack of smarts (he actually has a very high IQ). Casper just was too lazy to give a rats ass about maintaining good grades. After leaving college he started as a lowly floor cleaner at the store. But Casper quickly climbed his way up the management ladder so that he could obtain the cushy position of manager. This allows him to basically be paid to do nothing and have others do the work.
Place of Residence: Casper lives in a small apartment a couple blocks away from the store.
Personality: very lazy, only uses his intelligence to obtain things he wants. Generally does not care about anything except his income and how he will entertain himself.
Quirks: very rarely does Casper show his mean side. This has led to him being nicknamed "The Sleeping Dog". If someone interrupts his precious moments of tranquility, they will soon learn that Casper is not always the lazy and carefree guy he appears to be.
Hobbies: Casper enjoys playing the guitar, playing videogames, and browsing reddit.
Dream: to invent something that will make him become rich and live the rest of his life in lazy luxury.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_ndb4xeyZuj1rtxhy1o1_250.jpg

Name: Lydia Owens

Sexuality: Pansexual

Position: Regular Worker

Role: That hippie chick everyone thinks would give good advice but she really doesn't.

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 143 lbs

Past: Who knows? You guys do!

Place of Residence: Lydia lives in a tiny one room apartment on the basement level of a crappy apartment complex owned by a sugary sweet (yet oh so fake) old lady named Grace.

Personality: Lydia is a laid back, 'circle of life' type person who sometimes tries too hard to seem spiritual. Even though she seems chill, in all honestly she acts the way she does because she finds that that's the best way to make friends and also to avoid making enemies. To be honest, Lydia actually does a lot of researching on hippies to make sure she fits the part.

Quirks: She likes to create book displays (unsafe displays) and model them into landmarks, (towers, castles etc).

Hobbies/Addictions:
Lydia is a kleptomaniac. She steals shiny things.
She's also a hoarder, which really sucks because of her tiny living space.

Dream: To create the worlds biggest and most exciting library. (She wants it to be half amusement park and half library.)

Last edited:
Name: Bryan Willows

Appearance: Bryan has straight black hair cut short and neat. He wears black wide rim rayban glasses that covers his strange hazel blue eyes, though he has an all asian ancestry. Until his caucasian father came in. His skin is a soft olive color thanks to his asian history. He is slim with some hints of muscles. He's physically fit but does not like to run. He's pretty short, and doesn't weight a whole lot. Bryan looks friendly and is always accompanied with a smile. He usually wears baggy clothes and graphic t shirts.

Sexuality: (He's a closet gay.)

Position: Floor manager

Role: He's the the go getter that tries his best at everything he does. A shroud of mystery hangs heavily over him. He somehow always finds the goods on everyone.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 120 Ib

Past: You can try :)

Place of Residence: he has a little apartment he lives in.

Personality: He's the person you know will always help you out. He smiles a lot, and is never seemed to be depressed. Though, when he is angry, all hell is loose. He loves playing games, but he's also a very hard worker. He always has the scoop on someone. The goods. He tries his best in everything he does. But secretly. He tries not to let people know a lot about himself.

Quirks: he's always prepared.

Hobbies/Addictions: He hates the horror genre and junps very easily when you scare him. He loves my little pony, anime, video games and especially books. He is always seen with one.

Dream: He wants to become a sucessful pharmacist. And he's working hard to become one.

Nice characters all, Accepted. I'll be making the IC (In Character) thread once J comes back.

Also, @dunruffle your characters picture isn't working.

Oh this is too perfect can i still join in.

Hell yea you can my friend! Will be fun to RP this with you ^^.

Done with my CS!

She's accepted as well ^^. So far, it seems i'll be the only regular worker XD, wondering how the hell that'll work through 3 different departments, but since we barely get any customers, it'll be fine XD.

I love your profile picture Allthepasta. XD

I love it as well ;).

Name: Jason Barnes

Appearance:
174603100-portrait-of-young-black-man-gettyimages.jpg

Sexuality: Anything he likes thats on two legs.

Position: Video section Overseer

Role: The guy who still thinks he can go pro.

Height: 6'5

Weight: 229 lbs

Past: Your gonna have to talk with him to figure it out.

Place of Residence: In a apartment building not to far from his workplace. The inside of his place is filled to the brim with anything sports related and a bunch of trophies from his high school and college days.

Personality: Jason is the kind of guy whos always willing to have a good time no matter what. Sometimes accused of being overly confident, but hey why not brag when its true. On the inside he is a bit of a closet geek when it comes to games as he goes over to the gaming section to hang out when he has time.

Quirks: Knows pretty much all information any sports player ever. Can't help but sing along to his favorite songs aloud.

Hobbies/Addictions: Loves collecting anything sports related. Is a bit of a drinker but he knows his limits. Playing games is one of his favorite pastimes.

Dream: To become a pro-basketball/ football star.