Loveology

R

Raege

Original poster
I'm back for more therapy...Hey, this way is cheaper.
So, I am a student who promised she was done falling for other students...But I failed myself.
I'm falling for a friend. I started seeing him differently than everyone else shortly after we became friends. All of my other friends swore that he had a thing for me, but I to this day still do not believe he likes me.
The more we hang out, the more I realize just how much I like him.
He's very strange, he's as much of a geek as I am, he's a musician, he's not the sexiest man on the earth, but inside I see he is truly beautiful, and that's more important. He makes me smile, even on my worst days. He makes me laugh, even though everyone else finds him annoying. I find him annoying at times, but I like that about him. I like that he is different. He tells the weirdest jokes, and this somehow makes me laugh...He's like a walking radio, and even though I know he has a beautiful baritone voice, he rarely uses it when he sings for fun.

Reasons he MAY like me:
He's serenaded me on more than one occasion, using his baritone voice.
He admitted that he likes it when I hug him.
He used to sit next to nobody but me.
He constantly picks on me, like a little boy picking on a girl he likes.
He has admitted that he only picks on people he likes.

Reasons he MAY NOT like me:
He is sitting next to me a lot less.
He gets defensive when people mention the weird relationship we have, or don't have.
He picks on me (Still not sure which category this belongs in)
Sometimes he doesn't talk to me much.
After he serenades me he smiles at me then leaves.

Yeah, so, I don't know if he likes me, if he doesn't like me, or what. I don't know if he knows I like him, or is oblivious. If he does know, he hasn't said anything, which makes me wonder if he WANTS to say anything. I don't know if I should say anything...He's quite a few years younger than me, and he has only been in one relationship, so I don't know if I should tell him, or what. I don't want to ruin our friendship, because he's a good friend too, and at the same time, I want to know where he stands. I want to know what he feels...I wanted to kiss him before I left for the holidays, but I may scare him away forever if I do that...I'm SO CONFUSED!!!

Well, my opinion is that you should go for it and just try to talk with him. Tell him how you feel or ask him how he feels, whichever feels more right to you.
I think that it's better to take chances, else you'll never know but to do it gently.
Even if he doesn't and nothing comes of it, I doubt that it will entirely ruin your friendship.
Maybe make things awkward for a week or two at most, but if you're friends than it probably won't ruin that friendship if you both still try to be friends instead of avoiding one another.

Thanks Kitti :D

I will certainly think about letting him know. I can only make it so obvious without telling him for so long. But, I'm home on Christmas break right now, and he has gone home too. He lives about 5 or 6 hours away from me, in another state, so telling him how I feel may have to wait for a while.