Love....with a Price [Red/Redblood]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hana gives a soft sigh and puts her cheek against her palm. "Oh no, honey, there is no way your mother will give up finding you a suitor." She says as if stating a true fact. "But if you really want to set things right and give yourself more of a chance at a successful life with Paul, you may have to tell her eventually." Though the advice was sound, telling Andrea of an unknown variable such as Paul would be a wildcard indeed. Andrea has always been a gold digger, wanting the very best for herself and her lineage. If Charlotte were to tell her mother about Paul, not only would she have to deal with her daughter settling for poverty, but the entire town of Noonvale laughing at her face. Hana was innocent in this sense. She truly thought that speaking with the truth would solve everything, therefore her suggestions were sincere and calmed her, knowing things would be alright. Hana then kept speaking "What does Paul think about all this...? Being in a secret relationship with you? Is he okay?"

Unknown to Hana, outside the Clifford manor, a young man with brown hair and brown eyes stood in slightly dirtied garb held by straps, signalling he was a worker of sorts. He gazed at the home with such interest, though his eyes showed a glaze of melancholy. He bites his lip and sighs, balancing a small garden flower in his fingers. "..If only I could go up there without any trouble." he whispers.

Well, that was a great pep talk. Though Charlotte knew far too well how true it was. Her mother just wouldn't understand and definitely wouldn't care. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to tell her. Her funeral would be the perfect time for such a reveal." She muttered. Telling her at any time during her life would be the same as a suicide attempt. Though maybe her spirit would come after them if she told her during the funeral. That wouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Then came a horrible question Charlotte would rather not think about. "Of course we would both wish for it not to be a secret anymore, but what other choice do we have? If mother locks me up in my room every night and makes sure someone keeps an eye on me during every second of every day, how are we ever supposed to be together like that? She would destroy everything if it came out. If she wasn't here, if it was just me and father, I wouldn't have cared if the whole world knew. He understands that it can't get out right now."

Status
Not open for further replies.