Love Sometimes Works in Strange Ways IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica shook her head at Casper's offer, giving him a warm smile. "You've done enough, Casper. Thanks for calming us down but I think I can handle this." she said softly as she patted Nori's hair and smiled softly towards him "Nori, how about we try again? Practice makes perfect right? and even if we messed up, we can still serve them frozen berries with yoghurt. What do you think?" she asked the blonde boy. She didn't care if she failed or messed up again for she already learned her lesson. Why must she dwell in the past if she can move on and start anew?

Going back to her work bench, Veronica's thoughts trailed off to Casper. He really is a sweet and shy guy, but I'm afraid I cannot pursue my love for him. I think.. we are not meant for each other.. Well, doesn't matter. I'm here to relax, not find love. Smiling sweetly once again, she focused her attention on Nori "Come on, Nori~ pastries and pies don't make themselves you know~" she said with a hearty giggle, hoping that the blonde will forget about his mistakes and get cheerful once again.

@Kitsune @Gore

"Takumi, your girlfriend can't stay here. She's not allowed and just because you invite her does not mean she actually gets permission to stay here. I have to follow rules given to me in order for everyone to stay at this villa and this is one of them,"

The term 'dumbfounded' was clearly an understatement.

Okay, so Takumi might have forgotten to mention that he wanted to have a guest over for dinner.

"She cannot stay at here."

He didn't planned for her to stay really. She freakin' lives next door.

"If that means you are going with her then very well, you don't seem to care about being in this club or trip very much anyway and this trip is to enjoy the company of the clubmembers, not have relations with your woman."

Okay now she is starting to misunderstand something. What did she meant by he did not care about being in this club? He is here, isn't he? He could have not come in the first place. And what woman did she mean?

"You don't have to cook anymore; I can handle it just fine. Go ahead and enjoy your time with your girlfriend."

Now that's just... Girlfriend?

At first Takumi had a puzzled look on his face but then turned into a scowl--not at Cadence but at the person behind her and the fact that the blonde girl was supressing her laughter made sense.

"What did you say to her, Sera?" Takumi ask in a rather upset tone (and in French) to the blonde who was obviously having fun poking at Cadences' bottons.

"What? I hadn't done or said anything wrong," the blond girl tried defending herself "I don't recall anything I said was wrong. Apparently she was the one who misunderstood."

Takumi's scowl only intensified at what he was hearing from the other mouth knowing her personality and all. The blonde girl was just like Cadence (personality wise) but she was blonder and chestier. The two continued to bicker with each other with Cadence being the center of their argument--Takumi scolding her while the other kept on defending herself and not one seem to be backing down. It was like two siblings arguing over some trivial matter. And speaking of siblings, the two of them had similar features as well; both had blonde hair though Takumi was darker; they also have green eyes, although the girl had round doe eyes while Takumi had asian ones; both were obviously good looking and a not so pleasing personality.

It took about a minute or two for them to have finally came into a conclusion--Takumi being the winner.

"Now apologize."

"Sorry." the blonde girl pouted in frustration as she was obviously not happy about having to apologize to Cadence--she hated losing yet alone apologize for what she had done.

"Not good enough." Takumi warned her making the blonde girl pout more.

"Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine!!" the blonde clearly wasn't happy to have to be told by Takumi that her apology wasn't enough yet alone being sincere. "I am sorry to have made you misunderstand something. I am not his girlfriend, but rather his sister. Which you would have notice if you weren't so--""Sera!""Fine! God, Takumi! Anyway, I hope you'll be able to forgive me and look pass this since I haven't seen my brother for awhile now, and hope you'll grant me to stay--atleast--for dinner so I could be able to spend a bit more time with him." she explained to Cadence hoping she would reconsider her stay at their villa. The bnight girl didn't plan to stay long since she did not get permission to go out late at night or even meet with Takumi.

"Sorry about this. I knew I should have told you this sooner." Takumi sighed, he knew he was at fault for not explaining the situation to Cadence sooner--this would have been avoided. "If things are like that (the rules they have to follow in the villa) then I'll just take her back home." he told Cadence.

The blonde girl looked a bit sadden and took ahold onto Takumi's arm obviously not wanting to go back so soon. But since it was her fault she had no choice but to go back early.

Cadence wasn't fond of them talking in French, but it seemed that Takumi was chewing the blonde girl out rather than flirting with her. Though, when Cadence heard the truth that the girl was actually Takumi's sister, Cadence's face began to bright scarlet red. If she was an anime character, she would have most likely fallen over like she was dead from that information. She turned away to hide her embarrassment. How could she had even thought that the girl was Takumi's girlfriend, why didn't she even think that they could be related after all, now that she thought about it, they looked like siblings. What did this say about Cadence, why did she even act like she did? It was like she was jealous, like she almost liked Takumi. That couldn't be possible, Takumi was…well…Takumi.

Cadence turned back to them, trying to place a faint smile on her face. "S-Sister?" She mumbled, "W-well, siblings is an exception to the rules so…she can stay for dinner at least and maybe a little bit after that but when it's time for bed, she'll have to leave." Her hatefulness towards the girl had suddenly completely disappeared when she found that Sera was Takumi's sister. "I…I'm sorry I got all upset, it's just…" Why did she get so upset? "This isn't my villa actually and I have to be very careful about it, you know." That was true, but it didn't feel like the real reason. "Well, let's just make this food. I'm sure everyone's getting hungry." She wanted to forget about what had just happened, it couldn't even be possible that she liked him. She was just angry and worried about the villa, not Takumi's relationship. Yup, that was it…that's what Cadence was going to believe.

Lacey was sitting on the couch inside the villa's main sitting room. She was alone, with her legs against her stomach and chest, her arms wrapped around her. She had placed her head against her legs, which ended up making her glasses crooked. She was mumbling to herself, trying to calm down and telling herself that everything was okay. But, boy did she wish she could have a moment with Casper. They were on a trip, it was the perfect time to get closer to him even if it was just closer as friends, but yet nothing was happening like that.

Nori listened silently to Casper's encouraging words. As he wiped at his eyes and face, he slowly began to calm down. His crying was ceasing and he was only softly sniffling now. It would take time for his face to return to its normal complexion and for his eyes not too look so bloodshot, but at least he stopped crying. At the older's offer, he couldn't stop the soft, bright smile that graced his rosy red face. Casper was always so kind and helpful. Everyone in the club was, really. All in their own unique way. It was things like this that would remind Nori how grateful he was to be apart of such an amazing club. He was still quiet as Veronica politely decline Casper's offer, mentally agreeing with her words. His smile grew at the pat on his head, signs of his usual child-like attitude showing.

"Thank you, Casper-kun!" Nori piped up, his voice not sounding as broken as before. Feeling like a 'thank you' wouldn't be enough, he launched himself at the taller male in order to give himself a hug to show his gratitude. He pretty much came up to the other's stomach, possibly a bit above it. That didn't discourage the young male from his mission. When he was certain that he got his point across, he released Casper, grinning hugely. Directing his attention back to Veronica, he responded to her positive words.

"Frozen berries and yogurt sounds just as good as the tart," he stated as he returned her soft smile with one of her own. Practice did make perfect and mistakes weren't all that bad because you could learn from them. He was snapped out of his musings when Veronica called for him once more. "Right!" He responded as he joined her at her work bench. It would seem that he had a slight pep in his step as he walked, obviously regaining his excitement from before. This time, he was going to do it! No distractions, no crying. Just him and the dough. And Veronica, of course.

@Gore @DANAsaur

Manami Hanazawa

large.gif

She knew she read a lot of novels . Cliché romance novels , to be exact . But she didn't quite find saying that football was indeed a love of her life , a stereotype .

Her intensive training for the football season lasted four months , but that did not include the duration in which the tournament she was to take part in lasted . Manami Hanazawa raked the fingers of her right hand through her hair to smoothen out the knots that had formed due to her laziness to comb her hair . Football did not need you to look pretty . Unless your opponent was influenced by that factor .

"Yes , my name is Manami Hanazawa . The one that was supposed to join school in the beginning of the year but was sent off for some training ?" , the brunette smiled gently as she waited for her documents to be verified . Once having done so , she realized that there was nothing more to do then wait for tomorrow morning . Oh right , school ended for the day .

What should I do now ? She couldn't possibly walk back home after she arrived not even ten minutes ago . Maybe I'll- wait . She had heard a lot about a particular club that was ran in the school . Just as the other students , other than the club members , she didn't know what they did exactly . Should I ?

Yes , I should .

"The Extracurricular Activities...." , she muttered as she held a piece of paper up close to her face . I hope they're nice people , she shuddered at the thought of the members being non-welcoming .

Her eyes lit up when she found herself in front of the room they were supposed to be in . Were there people I know in there ? One way to find out . Manami carefully knocked the door twiced before sliding it open slightly and in her chirpy and friendly voice greeted , "Hey there ! Um...is this the Extracurricular Activities Club ?

No sound .

Empty .

"W-Well...." , she mumbled to herself before sliding the door closed . M-Maybe I'll try again later....or should I ?

The female looked through the information of all the clubs again , before her eyes set at the Extracurricular Activities clubs yet again . She didn't want to come off desperate , but she indeed wanted to know where the members were . Who knows ? Maybe they were closer than I thought .

After typing out the number of the President of the club , she held the electronic device close to her ear . Cadence . Somewhat familiar . Manami didn't wait long for the call to be answered , but it was long enough to tell that receiver of the phone call was busy . "Hello ? Is this Cadence , the President of the Extracurricular Activities club ? I'm Manami Hanazawa , a student who enrolled in late due to uh....certain circumstances ." , she said quickly , not wanting to sound like she was bragging about playing football .

Last edited by a moderator:
"S-Sister?"

Both Takumi and Sera nodded. Confirming to Cadence that they were indeed both siblings but from different fathers and the same mother. Sera was pure French while Takumi is half-french half-japanese.

"W-well, siblings is an exception to the rules so…she can stay for dinner at least and maybe a little bit after that but when it's time for bed, she'll have to leave. I…I'm sorry I got all upset, it's just…" Why did she get so upset? "This isn't my villa actually and I have to be very careful about it, you know."

"Fantastique. Thank you." Sera was indeed happy that Cadence had change her mind and heart. She understood Cadence's concerns and she promised her that she will leave as soon as dinner was over. "I'm sorry to imposed." She said adding a bit of Japanese culture she learned from Takumi.

"I'm sorry too. I knew I should have told you sooner." Takumi also apologized to Cadence which he rarely does. But Takumi knew he was in the wrong for not mentioning to Cadence his other intention for coming--that he came to see his sister before she'll leave to go back home to France; this was his last opportunity to spend time with her before she leaves for tomorrow morning. Although Takumi has seven other siblings (two more from their mother and three from his fathers side) Sera and Takumi are really close despite coming from different fathers. Though Cadence or the rest of the members of the club need not to know that.

"Well, let's just make this food. I'm sure everyone's getting hungry."

Taking note that Cadence just wanted to forget everything that happened, Takumi did not say anything (this is how Takumi showed his gratitude) and continued to finish up the cooking. He asked Sera if she could help set the food to the table which the blonde gratefully did so. As the siblings worked they then began a conversation about how Sera's day was and how much Maggie and Rina (younger twins sisters, 7) were annoying brats and how much she missed them. And how much they missed Takumi and that he should just come with Sera back to Paris again like indefinitely which Takumi just ignored her plea.

c a s p e r .
Luck seemed in the young man's favor in that moment. His words appeared to calm the frazzled atmosphere that made the air tense and painful. Veronica appeared to calm herself, and Nori's sobs quieted into sniffles. His offer reached Veronica's attention first - and she gave him a polite decline on it. Bah, of course Veronica could handle it, when her head was clear. Casper, instead of feeling bad for her declining, simply nodded and offered one of his shy half smiles, happy to have been of service somehow. Instinct guided his words and actions in what appeared to be the best direction, and he internally high-fived himself for being a help instead of a bother.

Perhaps he should have expected it, but when Nori ran at Casper and attacked him with a hug, he choked and found himself shocked for a moment. Of course, this didn't last - Nori's loving title for Casper and his kind thank you made the boy's cheeks pink and his surprise slowly melt away. Casper eventually smiled and chuckled quietly under his breath, returning the hug before Nori let go of him. The smaller boy flashed a bright smile at Casper before turning back to Veronica and becoming enthusiastic again.

And so, it seemed as though the little dessert crew had been brought back to order. Casper crossed his arms over his chest and slowly turned to go, feeling accomplishment and a motherly sort-of pride in his friends swell in his chest. Helping others was probably one of his favorite things, even though risk came with it - the risk of actually being unable to help, or of making it worse. The reward on some occasions was worth the effort, however. As Casper exited that part of the kitchen, his mind started to wander back to Takumi needing help on the grill. But, a quick, discreet glance into the grill area of the kitchen told him otherwise - a blonde girl he hadn't seen before was chatting with him. Huh. Was Cadence aware of that? I mean, she'd probably be latched to his back chastising him if she wasn't aware .. so he assumed she knew. Hm, that didn't leave him with very many options. Who else in the villa had he not checked up on?

Oh my God, Lacey.

This whole time, Casper seemed to have been completely oblivious to her whereabouts. He had only briefly seen her in the villa .. where was she? Suddenly, he seemed to recall a certain squirming feeling in his stomach, a feeling that he was missing something .. if only he had listened to his gut sooner. Casper seemed to fluster and become somewhat anxious at not knowing where the girl went off to, and he walked out to the living room to begin his search when he noticed a familiar someone on one of the couches. His very target for his search. Well, that was quick, but -

Oh no. She .. she didn't look right. Her position on the couch, curled up, it just - she just looked distraught -

Concerned mode came on again. Casper called out, "L-Lacey?!" His voice was high in distress and cracked near the end. He walked quickly over and said, "What's wrong, a-are you okay?!" He sat on the spot beside her, and somewhat unsure of what kind of physical affection she was willing to take in that moment, he just gently and carefully place one hand on her shoulder and left the other hovering hesitantly near his side. He didn't know if she would even want a hug, so he kept his boundaries until he was given the sign to break them.

Cadence worked on placing some meat on the sticks so that Takumi could cook them, listening to the siblings talking between each other. How could she have come so easily to a conclusion that embarrassed her. Though Cadence wasn't too happy about the girl trying to get Takumi to go back to Paris. He was part of the club and needed to stay there without moving away. When she was finished working on the food, her thoughts went to Veronica and Nori. "Be right back." She stated and rushed to see how they were doing, noticing that they were back to working on the desserts. She smiled, "So...the food got excessively burnt so we had to start over so take your time on the sweets." She stated to them and then rushed back Takumi right when her phone began to go off.

She picked it up, listening to what the girl had to say. "Yes, this is Cadence." She replied, "I see...and you are thinking about joining the club? Is that assumption correct? Well, we're on a trip right now. If you're interested you can come on down and meet us. You can even stay too, we're here all weekend." She explain where they were at and how she could get there. "Explaining the club is easier seen then spoken. I hope to see you later, bye." And with that, Cadence finished the conversation and she hung up the phone. She walked back to Takumi and his sister, letting out a sigh. There, everything was fixed and taken care of...Lacey! "Shoot, I forgot about Lacey! She was getting all upset about Takumi seducing Casp..." She looked at Takumi...that's right he was right there in front of her. Whoops.

Cinnamon. Lacey could smell the scent of cinnamon, which meant Casper was around. And she was correct, feeling a gently hand coming onto her shoulder and the sound of Casper voice asking her what was wrong and if she was okay. What was she supposed to say to him? She couldn't tell him the truth. She looked up at him, fixing her glasses since they had gotten crooked. A blush started to engulf Lacey face as she stared at him. "C-can I have a hug some time?" She suddenly asked. "I...I know you're closer to the others than me and it's probably because I'm too shy and quiet but I'll try my best to talk more. I'll tell you everything about me! I want to be your..." She trailed off. She was going to say friend but she didn't want him to always think of her that way. She wanted to be able to have him see her in a romantic light but would saying friend ruin that. Her blush became darker, continuing to stare at him. She wanted to be able to be his girlfriend.

Lacey could remember the first day she saw him. She was walking in the hallway with her books when she hadn't gotten pushed by someone. When she looked up she noticed Casper in the distance. He was tall and muscular something that would normally scare Lacey but the first thing she saw more was his kind smile. Instantly, she felt her heart skip a beat. She normally didn't believe in love at first sight but when she joined the club and found that Casper was in it, she couldn't help but let her feelings grow into love for him quickly. But, she still wasn't getting anywhere with him, just simply crushing on him from afar. Though, even though she was shy most people could tell in the club and surprising she was saying quite a bit to Casper when he was trying to make her feel better.

Manami Hanazawa

large.gif

"Yes, this is Cadence."

"I see...and you are thinking about joining the club? Is that assumption correct? Well, we're on a trip right now. If you're interested you can come on down and meet us. You can even stay too, we're here all weekend."

"Explaining the club is easier seen then spoken. I hope to see you later, bye."

Beep . Beep . Beep .

W-Well , that escalated pretty quickly , the brunette thought to herself as she pressed the 'Lock' button of her mobile device before slipping it back into her skirt pocket . Should I ? Maybe I should- No . You can't do that . You just came back to school , literally ! Manami Hanazawa spent the next few minutes debating to herself whether taking a train to the beach that was almost the other side of town in search of the club members of The Extracurricular Activities club was worth it or not .

But the beach is fun and-

No . You just came back from a football training camp and you're tired as-

Isn't the beach relaxing ?

The latter won and Manami Hanazawa pulled her suitcase , that was already packed with her clothes and things from the training camp , behind her before walking out of the school compound and down the road to the nearest train station .

The train ride was a comfortable one , she even chatted with an elderly man who was on his way to visit his son and grandchildren . She stepped off the train before pulling her suitcase again with her to hail a cab .

"Thank you !" , the brunette smiled widely at the cab driver before walking towards the villa area that was situated adjacent to the beach .

Manami murmured the specific villa number to herself as she frantically looked around for it . Before she proceeded further , she stared at the ocean , admiring the view of it all . After finding the specific villa , she rang the bell before adjusting her school uniform .
"Hello there , is this the Extracurricular Activities club ?" , she smiled warmly .

"Shoot, I forgot about Lacey! She was getting all upset about Takumi seducing Casp..."

Whoops, indeed.

Takumi gave Cadence a questioning stare once he heard what the dark haired girl said. He wished he heard something else but sadly the girl was speaking right in front on him as if he wasn't there in the first place. Thankfully though Sera wasn't there to hear it. Was this what Cadence thought about whenever he was with Casper? Sure, he heard about girls shipping two guys together for their own little amusment but this was a first that he ever heard of it. And here he thought Cadence had a better head on her shoulders but sadly—as he just found out—she was just like the rest of them. Coming into conclusions without assessing the situation first.

Takumi looked rather disappointed.

One would expect a reaction from the blonde but all Takumi did was sighed and shook his head at Cadence. Takumi decided to give her the silent treatment instead. And he wasn't going to plan on explaining to her the situation he had with Casper. Actually, there really wasn't anything that he should explain to Cadence. It wasn't as if something was going in between them anyway.

Cadence suddenly stared at Takumi's disappointed face. "N-no, that's not what I meant!" She quickly replied, "I just meant that was what Lacey was thinking because you know, she over thinks everything but I didn't…I mean..." Wait! Why was she explaining this to him? Why would it matter if he was disappointed with her? "You act all flirty a lot of times. Why do you think I thought your sister was your girlfriend? Do you ever actually like someone for real or just flirt with people all the time?" Wait! Why was she going into this now. Just then Cadence heard the sound of the doorbell ring. "I…I'll be right back." She stated, turning away from Takumi slowly then rushing off to get the door.

Cadence opened the door to see a girl standing there, she listened to what the girl had to say. "So, you're Manami." She then stated back with cheerfulness. "Come on in, you can join us, we're going to have dinner soon then enjoy the beautiful night." She moved over to let the girl in. "You can set your stuff in any of the rooms upstairs that aren't occupied then you can come out to the patio. It's where we'll be eating tonight. Then, I can introduce you to everyone." Cadence smiled with energy like she normally was though deep down it was like the thing with Takumi was still in her mind and she was still bothered by his disappointment…but why? She was wished he didn't hear that now, she wasn't the one who believed that. She was just stating that that was what Lacey was doing. But, you did Cadence care so much about it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.