Love Sometimes Works in Strange Ways IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDYAZ4B.png

Kaoru had woken up early to get to school on time, biking there before the sun had even risen above the horizon. Once he arrived, he quickly headed to the student council club room, unlocking it with the key he always kept on him. Opening the door, he took in the familiar sight and somewhat musky smell. The room was once of the smaller club rooms, but Kaoru had requested this one, as he never felt it was necessary to have a big and fancy room, since the club was rather small. It was probably the most important club however, at least in Kaoru's eyes, since they were essentially in charge of overseeing the other clubs, creating events and activities for the school, and making sure everything was running smoothly. Wasting no time, Kaoru set down his bag and the large box of treats he had with him. He opened the window, letting some fresh air in and the morning light, then put some water into the kettle to make some tea. He arranged all the tasty treats and sweets onto the table for the club members to eat throughout the day, and anticipated their arrival. Thankfully, he didn't have to wait long, as the vice president walked into the room.

"Good morning President," he said, admiring the sweets on the table, "You always outdo yourself on Fridays. Is it because you're celebrating the weekend?" Kaoru scoffed, "You know I hate the weekend. It's easier to work here in the club room then at home." The kettle screeched, and Kaoru added the tea leaves and water into the teapot, letting it steep for a minute. "What's the news then?" The vice president took out a notebook from his bag, looking it over. "Well... We've received reports of this club... It's somewhat new, it was created a month or two ago..." Kaoru raised an eyebrow, curious. Realizing the tea was ready, he quietly poured the steaming liquid into individual cups.

giphy.gif

"Okay... So what about this club?" He asked, noticing the nervous expression on the vice presidents face. "Um. Well, you see, it's just that-" he paused, scratching the back of his neck, "We have absolutely no records of this club."

Kaoru stood there in shock, unable to process what he had just said right away. "What? What do you mean we have no-" Kaoru heard the sound of tea spilling, making him stop mid-sentence to look down at what he was doing. The tea he was pouring had spilled over the side of the cup and onto the saucer below, making an absolute mess. He quickly set the teapot down, grabbing the teacup and saucer in it's place, but the tea dripped from the saucer onto his skin in the rush, the hot liquid burning his hand. "Shit!" Kaoru dropped the porcelain, and the teacup and saucer shattered upon impact with the ground.

"President!" Kaoru groaned internally, recognizing the voice to be Sarah's, the club secretary. Sarah had a quite obvious obsession with Kaoru for the past 2 years, god knows why, and was constantly clinging to him whenever she got the chance. She certainly wasn't Kaoru's type though, and he only kept her in the club because he quite honestly felt a bit bad for her. He just hoped she would move on soon. "You have injured yourself President! Allow me to assist you!" She grabbed his hand, and Kaoru quickly pulled it back. "I'm fine! Just-" Kaoru sighed, realizing he was close to yelling at her, and he switched his tone of voice to a calmer one. "Why don't you just eat some cake or something? I can take care of this myself. Thank you for your concern though." Kaoru ran some cold water and put his hand under the tap, grabbing a washcloth with the other. "So. Care to tell me a little more about this so-called club?" The vice president gulped, watching Kaoru as he went to work with cleaning up the mess. "Well, uh. As I said before there's no- there's just no record of it even existing. They never filled out the forms to create the club." "Well that's an easy fix. We can just find whoever's in charge of this club and give them the forms to fill out. Who is it?" The vice president opened the nearby filing cabinet, quickly selecting the right file. He tossed it over to Kaoru, who grabbed it mid-air.

"Careful! I don't want to have to clean up another mess!" He scolded the younger boy as he opened up the file. Inside was a picture of a girl with knee-length black hair, and sparkling blue eyes the color of the deepest oceans. Needless to say, she was quite pretty. "First name Cadence, last name... unknown? You couldn't figure out what her last name was?" The vice president shrugged, unable to give a satisfactory answer. Kaoru sighed, continuing on, "Friendly, straight A student, in good standing with teachers and fellow students. Likes cute things." Kaoru rolled his eyes. Who didn't like cute things? This girl seemed fairly ordinary so far. "President of the... EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES CLUB!?" Kaoru stood up from his chair, his eyes full of annoyance, maybe even a hint of anger. "What in the hell is the extracurricular activities club?" The vice president backed up a bit, trying to avoid the presidents eyes, looking at anything else but him. "W-w-well. Um. We don't re-" "What do they do in this so-called club? Just sit around and chat? Have a good time?" "Y-yes?" Kaoru ran a hand across his face, trying to soothe the massive headache this was giving him. "So let me get this straight. There is a club that we had no idea existed until now, and we know virtually nothing about it or it's president." As Kaoru thought about it more, a realization dawned on him. "Where. Are they. Getting their money from?" He looked at the vice president, doing his best to keep cool. "W-well. At first we thought, it-it can't be from us. But. Um. We checked our book-keeping records, and, uh... someofthemmightbemissing." Kaoru blinked, some form of a a robot Kaoru taking over him, unable to respond. A minute passed, and the vice president assumed since Kaoru was unable to respond, now would be the best time to lay the last bit of information on him. "Alsotheymightkindasortofbegoingonafieldtripstartingtommorrowatsomesortofprivatevilla."

Kaoru wanted to be mad. He really did. He wanted to break all the tea cups in the room and throw the cakes out the window in fury and rage. But he was beyond feeling at this point. Suddenly, the bell rang, signalling that classes were about to start. Kaoru grabbed his book bag and shambled out of the room, leaving the student council members behind him in a state of pure confusion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY...

For Kaoru, most of yesterday was spent on auto-pilot, unable to come to his senses until he got home and had taken a warm bath. He did go back to being regular old Kaoru though, and as soon as he did he messaged the vice president on his computer. Thankfully the council had at least found out the name and address of a nearby resort, close to the private villa the club was staying at, but they were still working on getting together the information on each of the club members. Kaoru thanked him, and quickly managed to get a room for a few nights at said resort, spending the money he earned from working part-time. It was ridiculously expensive, so his bank account was nearly depleted. It was important for him to be there though, as this would let him give the forms to the club president, as well as inquire more about the club itself. Plus, the school's clubs weren't technically allowed on field trips without an assigned teacher or student council member overseeing the trip, even if it was on the weekend.

Though it took a few hours, he manged to find the resort without getting lost, and he checked in right away, dropping off his bag at his hotel room before heading off to the beach. On a beautiful day like today, there's no way the club members could be anywhere else. Sure enough, he was right. The club members were indeed at the beach, but as he approached, he noticed they were all participating in the same strange activity- patting the sand as they crawled around on it. Maybe they were just playing some sort of game he had never heard of before. As he spotted the girl he was looking for, he called out to her, "Excuse me! Miss Cadence?"

@ScarletNova

Last edited:
The battle between the two teams were getting intense and Veronica was starting to feel tired. Veronica is a bit competitive in games, but she can't help but lose focus when Cadence accidentally hit Nori and Takumi with the ball. As Lacey went for the ball, the poor girl was smacked right in front of her face, causing for her glasses to fly off and be lost in the sand.

Veronica stood there in shock. She can't believe that the game is starting to get brutal and hurt others. Good thing it came to an end when Cadence ordered them to find Lacey's glasses or else who knows what could happen.

Quickly dropping to her knees and frantically searching in the sand, Veronica looked everywhere. She looked under the rocks and under the towels, digging through the sand and almost searching for it in the water. Veronica hated the thought of Lacey without her glasses, it's just unethical for her. She thinks that the glasses make Lacey who she is and gives her identity, like a symbol of some sort.

"Where is it?" she mumbled, frantically searching until she came across a crab walking in front of her with Lacey's glasses in its claws. Veronica stared at the crab who seems like its staring back at her, its legs somehow frozen on the spot. "Crab!!!" she screamed, quickly scrambling to her feet as she quickly grabbed a bucket and threw it to the crab to trap it. She can't believe of all creatures that could have the glasses, a freaking crab got it. "Cadence! Cadence! The crab has Lacey's glasses!" she shouted, running towards her president for comfort and totally oblivious that the student council's president is there.

"C-Cadence, t-there's a crab.." she cried hugging her president tightly. Veronica is allergic to crustaceans and only Cadence knows about it besides her parents. Of course, Veronica won't get allergies when she came in contact with a live crab but the claws scares her. "The crab has Lacey's glasses.. I'm s-scared to take it so I t-trapped it under a bucket.. the crab looked at me Cadence, it looked at me!!!!!"

Cadence was still looking for the glasses, hearing what Takumi had said and pouted, wanting to hit him in the head on purpose this time for him making a comment about whose fault it was. She didn't do it on purpose, she would never hit Lacey on purpose, Takumi yes, Lacey no. But she let it go and continued to search until she found that he had walked off and looked up to see him talking to some girl in the distance, another pout suddenly coming over her face. "What does he think he's doing, he needs to be over here to help." She mumbled. She was about to get up to drag him back when she heard the sound of an unfamiliar voice calling out her name.

Cadence looked up to see someone that at first she didn't recognize and quickly hid behind Nori, looking at the boy who had called her name with squinted eyes. Though, when she finally realized who it was, the whole stranger danger fear went away and she removed herself from behind Nori and her hands on his shoulders. She stood up and brushed the sand off of her bare skin. "Yes, Student council president Kaoru Sotomura, I'm Cadence. How can I help you?" But just then was the time that Veronica wrapped her arms around her.

"Excuse me for a moment student council president. Don't worry Veronica, I can take care of this." She stated. She pulled Veronica off of her and placed her around Nori for protection. She then headed over for the bucket that was moving around since the crab was in it. She lifted it up and grabbed the crab, pulling the glasses from it. Though, it tried to clamp onto her finger so she dropped it and it went crawling away. However, the glasses also went flying again and landed right in between Lacey and Casper. "Lacey, they're right by your side." She said and walked back over towards Veronica and the student council president. "So, student council president, what can I do for you?" She really did want to grab Takumi and pull him back there but that could wait for a few more minutes.

Lacey heard what everyone was saying, waiting for her glasses to be returned to her. Though, she had learned that they were now beside her and she reached out to feel for them. But, when she reached out for her glasses she felt another hand gently brush hers and she had realized quickly who the other hand belonged to. It was Casper. A sudden blush came over her face as she looked over at his somewhat blurry face. "I-I'm sorry Casper." She told him, very embarrassed to had touched his hand but was secretly happy as well just like when she had bumped into him.

Last edited:
CDYAZ4B.png

"Yes, Student council president Kaoru Sotomura, I'm Cadence. How can I help you?" The girl replied quickly as soon as she saw Kaoru. It wasn't much a surprise to him that she knew him, being the student council president and all, but it frustrated him that he didn't know much about her.

"Cadence! Cadence! The crab has Lacey's glasses!" A girl screamed nearby, running towards Cadence and clinging onto her once she reached her. "C-Cadence, t-there's a crab.. The crab has Lacey's glasses.. I'm s-scared to take it so I t-trapped it under a bucket.. the crab looked at me Cadence, it looked at me!!!!!" Normally, Kaoru would have offered his help in this situation, but time had stopped for him as his heart sped up at the sight of this beautiful girl. She had long, flowing golden locks that sparkled in the sun as she ran, and her eyes seemed to compose a symphony of starlight, making whoever looked at her feel like the were floating in the milky way. Kaoru felt his face heat up as he studied her soft features, completely oblivious to what Cadence was saying to the girl. He took her whole image in, suddenly realizing something that he probably should have noticed before- Ohmygodshe'swearingabikini. Just look away, just look away! Kaoru scolded himself for letting his eyes drift downwards, so he quickly averted his eyes elsewhere, only to find them noticing the other bikinis in the vicinity. Even the guys were wearing swimsuits! Which should be obvious considering they were on a beach. If Kaoru wasn't blushing before, he certainly was now. Okay. Okay. Sky. Uhm. Sand. Ocean. There's plenty of things to look at. Yep. He continued to encourage his eyes to look at the scenery instead as he pushed his hair off his face, as it was sticking to his forehead in sweat. Of course all the guys and girls in their swimsuits was causing this, but the heat and the fact he wasn't wearing a swimsuit himself probably made it worse.

"...do for you?" Kaoru widened his eyes, realizing there was a pause in the conversation. Was Candence talking to him? He took a quick glance at her, noticing her waiting patiently for a response before he averted his eyes once again. What did she ask me? Do for me? ...She's probably asking why I'm here. Why did I come here again? Kaoru tried to steady his breath as he worked up the courage to speak. "Um. T-the crab." What am I saying? The crab? Why am I talking about the crab? Kaoru looked over to where the golden-haired girl had come from, noting that there wasn't a crab any where to be seen. "Glad... That uh... the situation was resolved," he gulped, finally starting to steady his voice, "Um. I'm here because there's been some form of... error, at least on the student council's part. At the current moment, there's no record that your club actually exists. It possible that we lost the forms, though it's highly unlikely." Though we have been mysteriously losing records as of late, Kaoru thought to himself. "Either way, if your club isn't recognized as an official club, you nor your club members can get any credits for being in it. I'm hoping I can help you fill out the forms on Monday, as well as ask you some questions about the club. For now though, I'll be staying in the area to oversee this field trip. So you're informed for the future, please know that no field trips are allowed without an assigned teacher or student council member."

@ScarletNova @DANAsaur

As Cadence left her with Nori to handle the crab, Veronica then noticed the student council president, which made her wonder what he's doing here.
She had seen the student council around campus numerous times, but didn't dare to talk to him. Veronica knew him as someone who is stoic, serious and fun hater. Of course she didn't like to judge other people, but sometimes she couldn't help it.

Staring up him up and down, she couldn't help but notice how his taupe-brown colored hair shines under the rays of the sun and his asparagus-green eyes seems to twinkle and sparkle like the emerald waters of the sea. Does he always look like this? Veronica asked her thoughts, blushing madly as she realized that she's staring.

Cadence then came back and talked to him, her ears perking up with each word escaping his lips.

"What? N-No records?" Veronica spoke up, totally oblivious of what she's hearing right now. She knew they had passed all the requirements needed for the club! That's why they got the money for this field trip right? "That's impossible.. I'm certain that we submitted everything, right C-Cadence? I..I don't want our club to get destroyed.. C-Cadence.." she whined, rubbing her eyes and her voice slightly cracking as she spoke. She was starting to get emotional about hearing that they don't exist, that they won't get credits and that they're not official.

Walking towards the Student Council president with her head hung low, Veronica tugged on his shirt and mumbled "M-Mr. Student Council president sir.. Y-You believe t-that we exist right? T-That our club is o-official? W-We...We worked hard t-to e-establish this club.. I..I don't want it to be gone.." she sniffled, finally lifting her head up to stare her teary golden eyes to his green ones, trying her best not to burst into tears.

c a s p e r .
The game, eventually, did start, and Casper seemed to realize with the first hit that he was not a sports person. With his unassertive nature, he never went in for the ball quite as viciously as Veronica did - instead, he hung back and allowed the ball to come to him, where he hit it somewhat gently. He knew using full force would make it go flying, way farther than where he aimed it, so there was no way he'd let himself get competitive. he'd probably do nothing but mess up the game - and the ball - if that had happened.

At one point, the ball came towards Lacey, and she backed up until Casper felt a light bump into him. He seemed zoned out in that moment, but the gentle bump snapped him back to reality, and he glanced down to find a pink-faced Lacey staring at him. it seemed she had bumped into him, and Casper felt his own cheeks heat up momentarily, their gazes locked.

The moment was abruptly, and harshly ruined when a smack sounded - and Lacey was hit, right in the face, with the ball that had been coming towards her.

Casper gasped and jumped, completely horrified and wide-eyed by what he saw. Oh no, he distracted her! No-no-no-no .. He was frozen in his spot, unable to apologize or even speak, but Lacey didn't seem too injured. When she dropped to the ground, she started to pat around, stating that she couldn't find her glasses - and Casper, realizing this, immediately dropped to the ground and started to search in the sand, frantically whispering, "I-I didn't mean to" and "I'm s-sorry, I'm sorry". The whole situation had been mostly his fault, and he felt terrible for that. What if Lacey couldn't see for the rest of the trip? Casper felt himself shiver lightly at even the thought.

Eventually, Veronica shrieked and made Casper's eyes immediately whip up, but Veronica simply called out towards Cadence about a crab having Lacey's glasses. Well, at least they knew where the glasses were .. Casper huffed a sigh of relief, preparing himself to stand to go offer to get the glasses from the creature that had them. I mean, it was his fault for making Lacey bump into him and distracting her - risking a few clips to the hand was the least he could do in recompense. However, before he could even stand, Cadence had gone to get the glasses, and Casper seemed to let out a small sigh in defeat. He felt really, really bad, he really did. A small battle seemed to ensue between Cadence and the crab near to them, and when it was all said and done, the glasses flew into the air - something that made Casper tense and gasp quietly under his breath, hoping they didn't break - and landed on the sand next to him.

Oh, thank goodness. They didn't look broken - the lenses had no cracks, and the frame was still intact and straight. Finally, this situation is over. Casper reached out a hand to take the glasses - but, in his motion, another hand had gone to reach the glasses as well. Things seemed to slow down somewhat when the hands brushed, one a dainty feminine hand and the other a large, work-worn one. When his eyes traveled to the person he'd touched -

Oh my God. His face bloomed a scarlet red. He was taken aback - there was Lacey, looking back up at him with an equally as embarrassed expression as his. Why did she look flustered? Wasn't she angry at him, or annoyed, at least? When she stuttered out an apology to him, he choked, eyes wide. No, no, don't apologize! No, it was me! The words screamed in his head, and he blinked, realizing he was still staring at her pink face. "A-ah, n-no! No, please - " Casper looked towards her glasses and took them from the sand, blowing the sand off of the lenses and reaching out with his free hand to take her hand. He placed the glasses in her palm and curled her fingers in with his hand, saying, "P-please, I'm sorry. For .. for getting you hit in the face .. " He slowly let go of her hand, all the physical contact making his heart beat hard and fast. Man, he hoped she couldn't hear his heartbeat .. he certainly could, pounding obnoxiously in his ears.

" .. Um .. " He rubbed the back of his neck, glancing away from her and to the sand. His eyes moved over to where Cadence stood, and she appeared to be speaking with someone that Casper couldn't recall seeing before. That was strange .. the way he carried himself made him look like someone important, in any case, and Cadence seemed to know him. Casper glanced back to Lacey briefly, his eyes immediately going down to the sand again as he stoof himself up straight, back to his usual height.

He had trouble dragging his eyes from the sandy ground up to Lacey again, but he managed, his beet-red face slowly starting to fade to a more pink-ish color. The heartbeat had calmed somewhat, but his embarrassment never did. He swallowed, and reached down a hand to her to help her off of the ground. " .. C-Cadence is talking to someone .. we should, um, go check it out." He hoped that Lacey would take the offer he held to her. Secretly, underneath all of the flustered emotions, the physical contact was really quite nice. Her skin was very soft and she, in general, just was .. cute. Her body type, her soft features, it was all just cute to him. He waited patiently, feeling his cheeks heat up more and more with every second that passed.

CDYAZ4B.png

Candence didn't have much time to reply to all of this information, as the pretty girl's voice rang out, full of emotion, "What? N-No records? That's impossible... I'm certain that we submitted everything, right C-Cadence? I.. I don't want our club to get destroyed.. C-Cadence.." Kaoru looked over to the blonde haired girl, noticing her voice crack as she spoke.

Oh no. She's not gonna cry is she? I didn't mean to make her upset! What do I do!? Kaoru panicked, trying to think of something to say to make her feel better. "U-Um. No, no I-" He felt the need to step back as she walked towards him, but his feet were frozen in place as she reached out and tugged on the sleeve of his shirt. She was awfully close to him, so he could hear her quite clearly as she mumbled, "M-Mr. Student Council president sir..." Mr. Student Council President Sir? T-that makes me sound like an old man! Does she not know my name maybe? "Y-You believe t-that we exist right? T-That our club is o-official? W-We... We worked hard t-to e-establish this club... I.. I don't want it to be gone..." She looked up and him, her eyes sparkling as tears threatened to roll down her cheeks. Kaoru had many weaknesses, and crying girl was one of them, especially if she was as pretty as this one. Kaoru's rational way of thinking completely flew out the window, and he spoke without thinking, "No! Your club technially exists of course, just not in our records!" Kaoru scolded himself silently. That's not going to make her feel better! Kaoru sighed in frustration, paused to gather his thoughts, and then spoke sincerely from heart. "I mean... This club seems very important to you. I promise to work hard to correct this mistake. That's why I'm here in fact. I wouldn't let it be destroyed if it's important to a kind girl like you." Kaoru added in an introduction, remembering how she didn't use his name, "I'm Kaoru Sotomura by the way. You can just call me Kaoru though."

Kaoru paused, finding himself getting lost in her eyes. He quickly looked away, his eyes scanning the horizon. The sun was getting closer and closer to the ocean, making the sky light up in bright, vibrant colors.

tumblr_nkcuyklg571r21lhoo1_500.gif

Kaoru didn't let himself stop to admire it of course, and he checked his watch, coming back into his usual serious demeanor. 8:30pm. According to school rules, on field trips students were meant to be in bed with lights out by 10. Teachers of course were exempted from this rule, but student council members were allowed an extra half hour to be up, to make sure all the lights were out and no one was wandering around. Kaoru went over these rules and a few others, wondering if the club members were aware of all them. "Would you mind if we all headed inside now? I'd like to check to make sure that the boys and girls rooms are separate." He finally looked back towards the club president, hoping she wouldn't refuse. That would certainly make things more difficult.

@DANAsaur @ScarletNova

Hm...so the president of the student council was questioning their club and everything about it. It wasn't good either that he had gotten Cadence's cute little Veronica upset. Cadence came over to her vice president and smiled, "Don't worry Veronica. You know everything will be fine, you have me here." Cadence always made sure everything went okay for her good friend, she only wanted to see that adorable girl happy. Cadence turned to face Kaoru and smirked. "Mr Kaoru, it must be the fault of the student council or the principle himself because I had come to him specifically for approval of the club and he had said yes obviously. He said he would have everything else taken care of." He was asking quite a bit of questions, like he wasn't trusting her and her club but Cadence wasn't going to let him cause trouble.

"As for this trip, most of it was paid without the money of the school especially this villa. This villa was courtesy of a friend of mine that we were able to use for no money at all. And I will say that I did get permission for this by the principle, even permission to go without any teacher or student council member. He trusts me to make sure everyone here is okay. So, you don't have to stay here to watch us but you may join us in our fun trip." She paused, following his eyes to the horizon then looked back to him. "Head back inside? Are you going to kill the fun? Do you really want to do that to poor sweet Veronica here? She would love to stay out and watch this sunset and enjoy the night air, wouldn't you Veronica? You can see inside later, but I can assure you the rooms are separate. It was a rule from the owners of this villa as well."

Lacey's blush was beginning to get a bit darker, "I...uh...no, it wasn't your fault at all." She was trying to reply back suddenly when she noticed he seemed worried about what happened. "N-no need to be sorry Casper." She began to smile when her glasses were placed in her hands by him. "Thank you." She gently put her glasses back on and the view of Casper became more clear, was he blushing too? Maybe the sun was getting to him? It obviously couldn't be because of her. She then looked at the hand that was out for her to help her up. She took hold of it as her heart was pounding loudly. She got herself up, then stared at him for a few seconds until she realized what he had said. "Uh...yeah, we should see what's going on." She let go of his hand reluctantly and began walking over to Cadence and the others, seeing that they were talking about things.

"That's correct." Lacey said as she pushed up her glasses, "Our funds offered by the school were barely used for this trip. Cadence is right about everything she is saying Mr. President." She then looked out over the horizon, "I would like to be able to stay out here a little longer, it's very...pretty, isn't it?" She let another small smile come to her face. "And we also have had a member run off it seems and I'm sure Cadence wants to go get him." She pointed in the direction that Takumi had went.

Cadence pouted, "Why would I want to get him?" Lie. "He's annoying and can do what he wants?" Lie. But Cadence smiled again to try and ignore everything, even though there was that nagging feeling to run after Takumi and get him back. "Why don't we watch the sunset then have some food on the deck for dinner? We're going to need people to cook, I should get Takumi so that way he can help because everyone's going to do something even you now Kaoru since you'd like to see what this club is all about."

At a distance it looks as if the two of them are flirting with each other. Both of them laughing at whatever they were talking about and light touching each other as if it was normal. Obviously they look really close. But something told Takumi that he needed to go back to where the others are which the other person agreed as she had pointed out to Takumi that his companions had found him out and had been looking at their direction for quite some time now (since she had been facing their way). Oops. Busted. Before Takumi was about to leave her side the blonde-green ed girl stopped him suddenly and kissed Takumi's cheek before letting him go.

Apparently the blonde girl and Cadence eyes had met with each other as she had shifted her view from Takumi to their group. It might had been momentary but by the looks of what she had saw she discovered something interesting within Cadences' gaze: jealousy. The blonde girl thought it was quite funny and wanted to tease her a bit by landing a quick peck on the blonde model's cheek before she let him leave--which left Takumi quite confused as to why she had done it. As Takumi turn the other way and headed back to where the others were the blonde girl stood at her spot and waved--not to Takumi, but towards Cadence and gave the other girl a smile before deciding to head back to her own villa closing the door behind her.

"Eh? What are you doing here Sato (referring to Kaoru)?" Apparently Takumi and Kaoru have this good-student-bad-student sort of thing going on between them. Kaoru being the president of the student council and Takumi being, well, Takumi. "I didn't know 'I'll be keeping an eye on you' involves outside school as well. Are you stalking me? I'm flattered." Takumi teased the other president. He then looked at Lacey, seeing as though she is wearing her glasses now. Good. Then his gaze switched to Cadence. "Since it's late, mind if I start making dinner?" he offered to cook for them which was so thoughtful of him... NOT. If one can read faces, the look on Takumi's face would say 'I don't think anyone can cook here other than myself, and since I don't want to get food poisoning I'd rather do the cooking instead.' Is what is written on his smiling face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nori had been silently listening to the exchange between the Student Council President, Kaoru, and their own President. While he should be worried about their club's status and what could happen, he just couldn't bring himself to be as distraught as Veronica seemed to be. He frowned slightly at the girl's stuttering and worried attitude. He never did enjoy seeing others anything but happy. It made him unhappy as well, which he didn't like. Fortunately, they had Cadence as their President and she would make sure that they were all taken care of. Hearing the older girl's words, Nori's frowning face was replaced with his usual smiling one. It was rare and a bit upsetting to see the young male do anything else but laugh and grin widely. His smile only grew wider at the word 'food'. He wondered what they would have for dinner. Something delicious, he hoped.

Seeing Takumi appear from where he disappeared off to, the white-haired male's eyes widen in excitement at the thought of the blonde cooking. "Oooh, Takumi-kun is cooking! I bet it's going to be really good because you look like a good cook," he spoke his thoughts, beaming brightly and clapping his hands together. "Maybe Vero-chan can make dessert...?" He suggested, whipping around to face the aforementioned Vice President, remembering the delicious cake from the previous day. "Please, Vero-chan? Your pastries are always really scrumptious. Like your cake from yesterday!" He pleaded, licking his lips slightly.

Veronica rubbed her eyes to stop her from crying as Cadence comforted her, also getting a tad bit happy that the Student Council president is willing to help them correct the mistake. "T-Thank you Kaoru-senpai.. I'm Veronica F-Fairchild, Vice president of the club.." she introduced, noticing that Kaoru is staring at her eyes. She couldn't help but stare back, getting lost in his eyes for a moment and wondering what is he feeling right now. Their staring contest soon ended when he looked away to look over the horizon and followed his gaze, seeing the sun is beginning to set.

"Wow..." she said breathlessly and watched the sun set with an unwavering gaze. Fiery, red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue. Veronica could feel her heart stop at such a mesmerizing beauty, but she was quickly pulled out of her thoughts when the Student Council president suggested that all of them should get back inside. Get back? But why? She wanted to watch the sun more, to bask in its beauty before it turns dark. Can't he see how beautiful the moment is right now?

She was quite thankful when Cadence told Kaoru that she would love to stay until she sees stars. She always loved the stars, especially when they twinkle under the full moon. "Please, Kaoru-senpai.. J-Just a little bit longer? I.. I want to see the first star." she requested, oblivious that she's still holding on his sleeves.

The others soon arrived with Lacey blushing madly, Casper who looked a little bit flustered and Takumi who's still Takumi. Veronica felt a bit mad when Takumi volunteered that he'll be the one cooking dinner. Why does he always have to be (excuse me for my potty mouth) an ass?!

All her anger soon subsided when Nori asked her to make pastries for desserts. She didn't mean to brag, but her pastries are extremely good. She studied under a famous patissier after all. "I would love to make pastries for you, Nori-kun!" Veronica said with a sweet smile, walking towards him to clasps her hands with him "How about I make you some Key lime pie?" she asked with the sweetest smile.

CDYAZ4B.png

"T-Thank you Kaoru-senpai.. I'm Veronica F-Fairchild, Vice president of the club.." Veronica. Hearing her name for the first time, it burned in his mind, never to be forgotten. As soon as Kaoru had finished comforting the pretty girl who had stopped his heart, Cadence did the same. "Don't worry Veronica. You know everything will be fine, you have me here." Veronica. Truly the name of an angel. He was quickly pulled out of another dream-like state by Cadence's harsh voice and smirking mouth. "Mr Kaoru, it must be the fault of the student council or the principle himself because I had come to him specifically for approval of the club and he had said yes obviously. He said he would have everything else taken care of." This girl was starting to get on his nerves. So she just talked to the principal and got the club established? He was certainly curious as to how she managed to do that, but he was more annoyed with the fact that she didn't do any of the work everyone else had to do in order to create a club. No wonder the Council didn't have their forms! They must have never filled them out in the first place. The president didn't keep any copies on him, at least not to his knowledge. Kaoru had plenty of witty retorts he wanted to say to wipe the smug look off this girls face, but he kept his mouth shut in order to be polite.

"As for this trip, most of it was paid without the money of the school especially this villa. This villa was courtesy of a friend of mine that we were able to use for no money at all. And I will say that I did get permission for this by the principle, even permission to go without any teacher or student council member. He trusts me to make sure everyone here is okay. So, you don't have to stay here to watch us but you may join us in our fun trip."

Now Kaoru was starting to get a bit upset. How did she know that he was wondering where they got the money to pay for this field trip? Was she reading his mind? And of course she just so happened to have a friend who owned a private villa. The whole situation was ridiculous. But the real kicker was that the principal "allowed" them to go without a teacher or student council member. He was the one who made that rule in the first place! He, of all people, wouldn't just ignore that rule. The more Cadence talked, the less he believed her. "So, you don't have to stay here to watch us but you may join us in our fun trip." Oh, well thank you princess, for giving me permission to join you, he wanted so badly to say this to her in a sarcastic tone, but he figured pissing her off wouldn't help the current situation. Kaoru decided that he'd stay in the area for the weekend still, doing his duty of keeping an eye on them, and then talk to the principal on Monday. He figured in order to this it would be best to just go along with what Cadence was saying. "Uh... Yeah, sure, I'll join you guys. But I still hope I can convince you to fill out those forms on Monday. You won't get credits otherwise."

Kaoru asked if they could head inside, but he was once again quickly shut down by Cadence. "Head back inside? Are you going to kill the fun?" While Kaoru often did kill the fun, he never thought so himself. Kill the fun? I'm the one who makes the fun, princess! I'm the one in charge of all the events and festivals at school! They don't just pop out of the ground! "Do you really want to do that to poor sweet Veronica here? She would love to stay out and watch this sunset and enjoy the night air, wouldn't you Veronica?" Now that wasn't fair. She was using Veronica to expose his weakness, and he quickly fell for it, as the starstruck girl exclaimed, "Wow... Please, Kaoru-senpai.. J-Just a little bit longer? I.. I want to see the first star." Kaoru-senpai... see... star... Each word she spoke melted his heart like butter, until he became completely powerless. "Y-yeah. We can stay out a little while longer. Of course."

For the first time in his life, Kaoru took a moment to admire the sunset. He wasn't looking at the one over the water though, but the one reflected in Veronica's eyes. It's pink and purple hues leaped out and pierced his very soul. This girl makes everything seem like it's made of magic. "That's correct." An unfamiliar voice interrupted his thoughts, and he turned to see the girl who had lost her glasses, a tall, seemingly quiet boy following behind. "Our funds offered by the school were barely used for this trip. Cadence is right about everything she is saying Mr. President." Kaoru quickly noted the fact that she used the term barely. So they did use some school funds it seems. Maybe for transportation? "I would like to be able to stay out here a little longer, it's very...pretty, isn't it?" Kaoru couldn't understand why she thought that, since she hadn't looked into Veronica's eyes. "And we also have had a member run off it seems and I'm sure Cadence wants to go get him." She pointed in the direction of a nearby villa, and Kaoru followed her line of sight, spotting a blonde haired teenage boy and a young woman conversing. The two looked over to the little group they had all formed, and the woman gave a quick kiss on the boy's cheek, then smiled and waved towards the group. Who is she waving to? Kaoru eyed the club members, realizing it was Cadence as her eyes sparked with a hint of jealousy. "Why would I want to get him? He's annoying and can do what he wants." She smiled a forced smile, then changed the subject, "Why don't we watch the sunset then have some food on the deck for dinner? We're going to need people to cook, I should get Takumi so that way he can help because everyone's going to do something. Even you Kaoru, since you'd like to see what this club is all about." Did she say Takumi? Certainly not Takumi Tanaka?

As the blonde haired boy approached, Kaoru's fear was confirmed. It was indeed Takumi Tanaka, the boy who always caused so much trouble at school. "Eh? What are you doing here Sato?" The boy glanced at Kaoru, using the nickname for him he always did. "Tanaka." Kaoru addressed the boy, making no effort to be extra polite, "Didn't I tell you already? If you're going to use my last name, say the whole thing. I'm not one for cute nicknames." Takumi ignored him, continuing his teasing, "I didn't know 'I'll be keeping an eye on you' involves outside school as well. Are you stalking me? I'm flattered." Kaoru didn't bother to respond back, as he always felt like his energy was drained after a conversation with Takumi. He didn't want to have to explain that he had more than one eye on him either. Takumi was known to cause little pranks and 'games' at school, and because of that, Kaoru had plenty of student council members watching him at all times. He always seemed to disappear at a certain time though, but now Kaoru knew why- the extracurricular activities club was not on their radar. The student council still managed to gather a huge file on Takumi though, and Kaoru felt as though he knew the boy quite well because of it. Since Takumi was popular at school though (especially with the girls), a lot of rumors came into said file, and it was hard to tell which ones were true. A few examples of those rumors could be easily found if you went searching in the student council's database:
[bg=#2E2E2E]Loading database...
Database loaded_
Please enter file name _
Accessing file name tanaka_rumors.txt...

CONFIRMED RUMORS

-According to Halliday, Kristen, Tanaka recently joined a modeling agency. [Confirmed one year ago]

-According to Bingham, Jesse, Tanaka can speak both Japanese and French fluently. [Confirmed 3 months ago]

UNCONFIRMED RUMORS

-According to Klein, Wendell, Tanaka was once seen chasing a cat in order to pet it. Once cornered, the cat bit and scratched his arms to the point of bleeding. Tanaka was seen with bandages on his arms the next day, but it was unconfirmed as to why.

-According Gregory, Joleen, Tanaka has broken several girls hearts due to the fact that he couldn't remember their names, even after they confessed to him. Joleen was one of these girls, but we could not confirm the others, since she was very upset and crying we were unable to understand her clearly.
[/bg]
Rumors aside, Kaoru knew Takumi was a smart student. He just didn't put all his efforts into his studies, and that annoyed Kaoru. If the older boy wasn't so stiff, he would probably be great friends with Takumi. But for now, they were simply in that gray area between friends and enemies. "Since it's late, mind if I start making dinner?" Kaoru cringed at the idea of Takumi being the one to make dinner, since he didn't know what his cooking was like. "I think I'll join you then. I'd like to make sure you don't put laxatives in my food or something to that effect." Kaoru's cooking wasn't anything to write home about, but it was good nonetheless. "Oooh, Takumi-kun is cooking! I bet it's going to be really good because you look like a good cook," a younger boy chirped at the idea, adding in an idea of his own, "Maybe Vero-chan can make dessert...?" Vero-chan? Dessert? "Please, Vero-chan? Your pastries are always really scrumptious. Like your cake from yesterday!" The young boy pleaded, his eyes staring wide at Veronica. "I would love to make pastries for you, Nori-kun! How about I make you some Key lime pie?" What? She can bake too? This girl is definitely a goddess. She let go of Kaoru's shirt sleeve and walked towards the younger boy. He didn't even notice she was still holding onto his shirt sleeve until she let go. He was a bit disappointed to see move further away from him, but he took the opportunity to help Takumi get the barbecue set up.​
Barbecue.gif

Soon, the food was on the grill, cooking. Kaoru admired the smell emitting from the heat, praising Takumi's cooking skills, "I have to say Tanaka- You're not as bad as cooking as I thought you would be," Kaoru added in a little insult, just to make sure he wasn't being too friendly with the boy, "not that I'm saying that you're good at it."

Last edited:
It seemed the student council president gave in to what Cadence was saying. Good. Though she was going to have to do something about these forms, in truth she knew nothing about any forms. But her thought about the paperwork and everything else that Kaoru was saying left her mind as she looked over at Takumi while he was flirting with some blonde girl. And then! And then she had to go kiss him on the cheek, smile and wave at Cadence. What the hell was that?! Takumi!!! Cadence watched as he walked back over and acted like nothing happened, saying that he was going to make their dinner for them. He better or Cadence was going to force him to work his butt off for everything that just happened. Why did that girl even do that in the first place?! It wasn't like Cadence liked Takumi or anything; she was just the club president who worked hard to get Takumi to do the right things.

"Okay, you can cook." She said, swallowing her rage and all the mean words she wanted to say about Takumi's indiscretion with that strange girl. "Casper? Would you mind helping Takumi and Kaoru as well. I'm sure making all the food enough for all of us is going to be a lot of work. As for the rest, Veronica can make the desserts and Nori, could you help with that? Lacey, you and I will work on setting up the table though I do have something I need to do before I start that."

Lacey nodded as she was finally starting to calm down from her interactions with Casper, "Sure. I can work on setting up the picnic table on the deck." With everything figured out and the cooking already begun after they watched the sunset, Lacey went into the kitchen and began taking out the things they needed to set the table.

Meanwhile, Cadence had taken out her phone and seemed to be talking to someone about something that she wasn't letting any of them hear but it a few slight words could be heard on occasions such as 'principle, student council president, forms, and a faint other word that sounded like favor.' When that was finished, she came back and started to help Lacey with the table. Though, it seemed Lacey was quite distracted many times as she watched what Casper was doing all of the time. Man did that girl have it bad, Cadence thought, maybe it was time to start getting the two shy cuties together. Trips were perfect for that sort of things and getting everyone closer.

Nori was beyond giddy at Veronica's statement. Every day, he reminds himself to be grateful for the blonde's amazing baking skills and the fact that she's so willing to put them to use. He doesn't know what his life would be like without her delicious sweets. Probably full of store-bought pastries, he thought with a mental frown. Those thoughts were soon pushed away and replaced with a giant, bright, neon sign that screamed 'KEY LIME PIE!!!' inside of his mind. Gently squeezing the hands that were clasped with his own, his eyes shone with unadulterated, child-like glee as he nodded fervently. "Key lime pie sounds great!" He exclaimed with a bright smile.

His attention was redirected to their President when she began to give everyone roles. He listened quietly as everyone was assigned a different part. Hearing his name with the word 'desserts' made the young male eager to begin helping the older female in her making of the desserts. He was quite interested in watching Veronica in one of her natural habits. He bet that she had a sort of professionalism when she was baking in the kitchen. Facing Veronica once more, Nori grinned widely at her. "C'mon, Vero-chan! The key lime pie awaits us! I'm pretty good at decorating so I could help with that. And, maybe, mixing the ingredients...," he rambled as he began to make his way towards the villa, taking the Vice President along with him.

Veronica smiled sweeter when Nori's eyes shone with so much glee. How can he be so cute and so adorable?! Giggling, she squeezed his hand back, as if to assure him that she'll make the perfect pie for him. Just seeing Nori smile is enough for Veronica. He's like a little brother she never had.

Cadence then spoke up and delegated who's going to be cooking and such. Of course Veronica is chosen for desserts, after all, Cadence knew that she loves to bake for the club. "Alright then. Nori-kun we should--" she haven't finished her sentence yet when Nori dragged her towards the villa and into the kitchen, exclaiming and excited to make the pie as soon as possible. She giggled a little as Nori rambled on, saying that he's pretty good with decorating. She wanted to tell Nori that the pie doesn't need much decoration but she didn't want to break his heart.

Arriving at the kitchen, Veronica wasn't surprised that it is quite large, after all, they're staying in a villa. The floor is made of magnificent wood that was polished to perfection. Beautiful marble countertops and white cabinets adorn the area, giving it a sleek but modern look.

Veronica couldn't be even happier. She already felt at home in the kitchen, especially when she saw the state of the art oven. Lots of recipes suddenly flashed in her mind and she was tempted to bake all night, but she needs to focus on the task at hand.

Putting on a white apron and tying her hair into a bun, she opened the fridge to check if they have all the ingredients needed for the dessert. She wasn't disappointed to see that the kitchen is well stocked and complete with everything they need; eggs, butter, milk, and fruits. Of course, there's also meat, cheese, vegetables and almost everything. Seeing this, Veronica thought for a moment. There are endless possibilities of what they should do for dessert and she thinks one dessert isn't enough.

"Nori-kun, do you think we should add another dessert? Perhaps mixed berries tart?" Veronica asked, taking out the raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to show Nori. "I think one dessert isn't enough to satisfy your cravings. Hehe~" Wow. What a lame excuse to use the oven and show off your baking skills.

Reactions: Kitsune
"I have to say Tanaka- You're not as bad as cooking as I thought you would be, not that I'm saying that you're good at it."

He heard Kaoru's comment as he was flipping the skerws on the grill. "Thanks," the blonde replied whimsically, totally ingoring the last part of what the other said, "Actaully, before I became a model, I was an apprentice sous chef at a popular family resturant." The blonde then smile smuglingly at the student council president obviously showing off his culinary skills by mincing onions with lightning speed (and without looking if, I might add) in front of him.

"So... Why are you here exactly?" he asked Kaoru since the blonde was MIA when he explained to Cadence his intention (intrution) to their little get together. He then asked Casper if he could bring some more onions for him to chop on. Unusually (to others surprise, especially Kaoru) Takumi was the one to start the conversation since he usually always the one who replies with witty combacks. But for some reason, Takumi look as if he was in his total comfort zone and has this rather friendly and approachable air about him in contrast to his usual intimidating and superior aura he usually emits around others. Maybe because of the fact that he was cooking? It was no secret to everyone that Takumi likes to eat... alot (from time to time he'd eat on off the barbecues on the grill whenever Kaoru wasn't looking and replace a new one before the other would notice). And cooking was something he rather enjoys doing. "You don't look like a guy that likes beaches. Could it be there is someone here that you like? Like seeing in a bikini, that is?" Takumi teased winking at the other person. Somehow, he kinda knew Kaoru was the innocent type despite how stoic and respectable he'd presented himself to the others. What can he say? Takumi just loves to pick on someones weaknesses. He is twisted that way.

CDYAZ4B.png

After Candence had assigned roles to everyone, Kaoru watched Veronica and the excitable young boy out of the corner of his eye as he cooked. They held hands as they ran inside, smiling and laughing along the way. Kaoru knew there was an obvious age difference between the two, so he wasn't much of a threat, but he couldn't help but feel a bit jealous as the young boy held onto her soft, delicate hands. Kaoru quickly shrugged it off though, turning his attention back to the food. Something caught his eye though, and he silently watched as Cadence finished up a phone call a ways away. He could only faintly make out the word "forms", but he smiled hearing it. Ah, good. She must be calling someone to find out more information about the form. I'm glad I got through to her.

After Kaoru was done complimenting/insulting Takumi, the boy quickly took it as an opportunity to brag. "Actually, before I became a model, I was an apprentice sous chef at a popular family restaurant." Kaoru rolled his eyes, figuring it was something like that, "Of course you did." Though Kaoru didn't like to admit it, he was a bit jealous of all the opportunities the younger male received, as well as his many talents. Kaoru really could only do a few things: Do homework, organize, manage, and kill fun. Sure he could cook a basic meal, but it was nothing compared to Takumi's cooking. "So... Why are you here exactly? You don't look like a guy that likes beaches. Could it be there is someone here that you like? Like seeing in a bikini, that is?" Kaoru immediately turned pink, trying to shake the image of the girls in their bikini's out of his head. "N-no! Of course not!" I mean, I like girls in bikini's... who doesn't? But I don't stare at them while they're wearing them! T-that's just disrespectful! Kaoru sighed, already feeling exhausted from Takumi's teasing. "You know as well as I do, I'm here strictly for the student council. If I had come to spend time at the beach, I would have worn a swimsuit!" Kaoru looked down at what he was wearing. It was causal city clothes, certainly not beach attire. The only swimsuit he owned was his one for school, and it wasn't really meant for the beach.

@un coin de soleil

Nori had been silently as he watched Veronica move around the kitchen. He was just patiently awaiting for his first order of business. As he waited, he went to the sink so that he could clean his hands of all the germs that he probably received throughout the day. Making sure to scrub his hands thoroughly, he rinsed them off and dried them as much as he could before looking at Veronica once more. She now had a white apron on and her long, blonde hair was put up into a bun. Internally panicking, the white-haired male searched around for another apron, finding one after some time. It wasn't white, though. In fact, it happened to be a cotton candy pink. How strange. But it's a nice color!, he thought. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his name, redirecting his attention from his apron to the Vice President.

"Nori-kun, do you think we should add another dessert?"
The young male didn't register anything else that was said. Okay, that was lie, but you know what I mean. "The more, the merrier!" He chirped without hesitation, glowing like a kid on Christmas morning. "I don't think I've ever had a mixed berries tart...or a tart at all, for that matter," he stated. Cocking his head, he looked at Veronica with curiosity in his eyes. "Is it good? It sounds good." The white-haired boy was always up for trying new things, especially if it concerned food.

Giggling, Veronica ruffled Nori's hair as he agreed with the tart, but frowned upon hearing that he haven't had one. "Are you sure you haven't eaten one? Well, it doesn't matter. I'll make you the best mixed berries tart ever~"

She then gathered up all the ingredients and arranging them neatly on the counter, measuring everything to perfection before lightly sprinkling flour on the cold counter tops. She wasn't used to having someone to help her make the desserts, but she knew that Nori will do his very best and will make their work more fun. Besides, he seems like he really wanted to help her. "Nori-kun, would you like to help me make the pastry dough and pie crust?" she asked with a sweet smile. I think it wouldn't be so bad to have him help me. I bet he looks adorably cute with flour on his cheeks.

"For the key lime pie crust, we only need to crush graham crackers and mix it with butter, honey and salt. For the pastry dough, we need to mix all purpose flour, cold butter, egg and sugar before kneading it.." she said with a smile, hoping that he remembers everything she just said. "By the way, can I hold your hands? They say that the secret to a perfect pastry is having cold hands while kneading the dough." she stated, taking his hands and placing it atop of her palms to make him feel how warm her hands are. "But I believe that it's not in the hands, but on the ingredients and technique. Cold butter and a quick, light touch are what we need for the pastry. It is squeezing and overworking that heats up the pastry and makes it greasy and sticky, so make sure you don't overwork it okay?"

Making pastry is something so fragile and delicate that it took her years to perfect it. Veronica was slightly worried that Nori won't understand what she's saying and mess things up but she needs to trust him. After all, if they did mess up they can always serve them frozen berries with cream for dessert.

"You know as well as I do, I'm here strictly for the student council. If I had come to spend time at the beach, I would have worn a swimsuit!" Kaoru tried to defend himself but Takumi could clearly see what the boy was thinking. The pink face was a dead give away.

"Alright. If you say so." the blonde replied as if he was convinced by what Kaoru said but actually he really wasn't. His attention then shift to Casper since Kaoru clearly looked as if he was done talking to him.

"So Casper," yes, Takumi actually remembers Casper's name since it reminds him of the friendly ghost, "who among the girls do you like? Macey or Victoria?" One would be blind to not see that Lacey obviously like Casper. Though he wasn't so sure about Veronica since she (in his opinion anyway) would drool all over any hot guy she sees. Maybe because she is sheltered throughout her life that she became like that? Well, whatever Veronica's reason is, he still owes her a teasing on what she had told him earlier. Now the question is, how should he execute it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.