Love philosophy 101

*appears infront of Iliana and bows in respect*
wise words, Ili-sama ^_^
*gives Iliana her very own ice katana* :)

Just a little food for thought from one of my favorite philosophers:

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." -Nietzsche

Because it could end up being either. Heh.

Ah another thread about this topic eh? Well I don't quite get what the question or the point of the thread is since so many points and ideas have been brought up... Aside that it has to deal with love. >.> I guess all I can give is some advice and some words on what's been said.

I think knowing what you've been through in the past plays a great deal into the sort of person you want to spend the rest of your life with. It doesn't necessarily have to deal with good or evil, just what you want in that person and what you don't want to deal with. But understanding the good traits your special someone has and knowing how lucky you are that they don't have the bad traits makes you appreciate them more. And yes appreciation plays a great deal in love. I'm pretty sure if Pheonix never heard a "Thank you" from me, he would be leaving my ass in a New York minute.

From my own personal experience, the relationship can lose its spark. What I mean to say that it's not going to fell heady and lustful and heart stopping all the time. That is absolutely fine. It's that feeling of being content and it's knowing that you're comfortable with your significant other and your relationship is stable. If you want that spark to come back again, do something that isn't done regularly - like go out on a special dinner date, take a road trip, try something new in bed. Whatever, just ensure that the both of you are happy.

Personally I don't care for all of this science talk about love. I think it cuts down on the whole meaning of it. I think some of the best advice anyone can get about love and relationships is to find that couple who have endured and still are together and love each other. Don't rely fully on research because love isn't that scientific. Even now with all of the technology that we have, we still can't pin down what it truly is and the 'perfect' formula for a guaranteed life long relationship. People change, feelings change, hearts change. Science isn't very good at making sense of people and feelings, but if you feel that it helps you find the better person for you, have at it. That's just my two cents.

I believe people that say love doesn't exist are either just jerks who enjoy starting debates, assholes who enjoy making other people sad, or emo people who can't stop wallowing in their own self pity to get over it and want other people to feel as bad as they do.

Because yes, we all know that love and other emotions are mostly just signals in the brain to make us feel those emotions. But what REALLY is the purpose of bringing up Philosophy on love other than to drive other people insane? >:] Who here is really trying to learn more about love philosophy and how it affects our culture and society?

*Cackles at Alan!*

Who here is really trying to learn more about love philosophy and how it affects our culture and society?
--Diana.

I would enjoy some serious conversation about society and the emotional attachment of love. However, as Diana already stated, this thread in particular doesn't seem to be anything more than a ploy to stroke egos, cause problems, and remind people of the hurt they're in.

--Diana.

I would enjoy some serious conversation about society and the emotional attachment of love. However, as Diana already stated, this thread in particular doesn't seem to be anything more than a ploy to stroke egos, cause problems, and remind people of the hurt they're in.

If you are referring to me, I have no reason to adopt any of the antagonistic attitudes with which you ascribe.

--Diana.

I read this entire thread and i have absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion. I see absolutely nothing that implies anything you say it does. Who is trying to stroke their ego here and how? How is this conversation causing any problems at all? And the only way it would remind anyone of the hurt they are in is if they are in fact "hurt" and choose to take the subject of this conversation in a negative way. Personally, your post sounds more like a ploy to "cause problems" than this thread does.

And with that being said, i will add my 2 cents to this conversation by simply stating a single thing, which i leave the reader to their interpretations on what i am getting at:

Chaos Theory

The reason why I say it brings up people being 'hurt' is because love is a tender subject. And from the way that Unanun had responded in a previous topic, that is how I brought up my conclusion. I could easily go into how I perceive the man, and how his behavior reflects my perception, but I won't.

I haven't honestly seen anything worth my while on this particular thread anyway, hence I made my comment. And, if you are so awfully upset at my words, and my perceptions, then feel free to write me a PM because I will no longer be derailing this thread from its purposed context.

I need to remind myself to emote more. Takes the edge out of my writing.

The reason why I say it brings up people being 'hurt' is because love is a tender subject. And from the way that Unanun had responded in a previous topic, that is how I brought up my conclusion. I could easily go into how I perceive the man, and how his behavior reflects my perception, but I won't.

I can't even remember what I did!

I haven't honestly seen anything worth my while on this particular thread...

This is a very condescending and haughty comment.

Have people been a bit more one-up with their perceptions and ideals on the topic of love? Most certainly. People will be very pro- their opinions. By nature, we will try to push our ideologies off on others. We want to be right, and this is the most direct way in which to be right and win a victory all at once. Is it right? No, not at all. But this is the case, and sometimes it takes a moderator or mediator to direct the conversation the right way.

However, your comment here is worth less than any other comment in the thread. You came here to tell everyone their comments and views aren't right, and that you are too good to really share your mind and thoughts with those you've deemed are beneath you. This is a defining comment of a pattern of yours.

That said, it's time to get back on topic.

Looking at Love Philosophy from a different perspective, it's interesting to note how many decisions have been in the name of love. Historically and within our own lives, how often do we make decisions based on people we love and people we are in love with? We change our personalities, change our directions in life, all in the name of love.

How often does this really pan out, however? Is love a great motivator in directing our lives, or is it one of the greatest distractions and derailments of our lives?

You also have to keep in mind if the changes people make for love are actually something that they are willing to do and will keep them happy. Sometimes those things can be seen as compromises or as you changing yourself completely. Although I'm pretty sure that when someone drifts into that sort of territory they would realize it's time to haul ass from the relationship. XD

Love in and of itself has far to many variables to define. Love can be used for good just as much as it can be used for evil. We've all heard about it: Someone convinces another to love them and then abuses them in whatever way they want, but the victim will not do anything about it because they are convinced that they are in love. Is it real love? That's all a matter of opinion. Love has no definate form or meaning, so who is to say that in order to love, it has to meet the right perceptions? One might love their dog and also love their wife/husband, but is it the same kind of love? No (at least i hope not.)

Love can hinder you just as much as it can help you. It is one of the most powerful things in the world. Love can persuade you to do something extraordinarily wonderful, but at the same time, it can make you do something that is downright sadistic. I believe that love is the greatest thing there is in life, but great doesn't always mean the same thing as "good."

I choose love. To me love is having someone make you smile at the hardest points of your life. Love is laughter, love is fun, love is doing something you enjoy. Love is being with that special someone, even if it's just to eat, drink, or laugh. Love is looking into the eyes of the one you're with and wondering what they're thinking. Love is caring about how their day has been, and missing them when they're not around. Love is thinking about someone all the time, and being happy when you see them. Love is both the big and little things. Some of the simplest things can touch your heart.

Now, to find someone who has the same feelings as you is hard.