Love is Red like Blood

Juliet looked down at her with surprised eyes, wanting to protect her why she wasn't anything special. Or at least not to herself, whom she had relied on to keep her sanity alive. She wasn't worth anything to a vampire let alone Hecate, who had everything to even be worth in the castle. Juliet wouldn't amount to much in a civilized manner.

Hecate looked down, suddenly shy. She knew that if vampires could blush, she would be blushing furiously. She tried to find something to say, but couldn't think of anything.

Fluffy bounded off the sofa, and landed on her lap. Hecate thanked her rarely lucky stars for the timely tension breaker that was her beloved dog.

Juliet had been thinking about something "Well i am human and there are vampires outthere that would hurt me, and I'm pretty much of a vampire magnet, so I will need to have a weapon of some sort to help me, If I am going to live here. I'll need to go and get my things, some personal things and my uncle wont be pleased that I came home alive" She started to sound bossy and for a while thought she was going to get slapped, she usually did when she talked to her uncle that way. " I want a weapon that is easy to hold, but I refuse to have a gun"

Hecate thought about that, and then nodded. "Ok - I'll come with you, and I have a weapon room upstairs that you can choose something from." She smiled. "You want to hurt vampires, but don't want a gun, so a steel stake would be good." She ruffled the ears of her huge dog, and kissed its nose.

"But as long as you stay here, you're safe. No vampire is going to come here. Not under my watch."

Juliet stood up. "Its not the vampires I'm worried about" she walked away out of the living room and out of the kitchen. she wanted a special weapon, something that suited her well. She didnt like guns, nor did she like swords but she wanted something unique. Her uncle would have everything after her, not just the vampires.

"If you want to explore the house a bit, feel free." Hecate suggested,following her quietly. "I'll have to head up to bed now soon anyway - dawn. You have all day to explore as you please, and if you are hungry, call for Fluffy,and she'll take you to the kitchens." She smiled warmly. Her stone cold heart unexpectedly fluttered,and she felt a warm fire in her gut. What was this feeling?

"Thank you" Juliet nodded her mind running wild in her head. She waited after a while and felt tired herself, the food must have had some poison of something in it, Juliet felt very lathargic. she could just rush up to the room and sleep. Her unable to focus any longer.

Hecate noticed Juliet swaying, and caught her before she hit the ground. "Are you ok?" She asked, surprisingly concerned.

"I just need some s...sleep" the cook had obviously drugged her, she wouldnt be like this if she wasn't. The moral of her life was she was testy with foods, her stomach was delicate. But that was mental. she closed her eyes, the room seeming to spin.

"Ok - let's get you to bed." Hecate gathered Juliet in her arms and darted up the stairs. In the next second, she was lying the human girl on the bed. "Goodnight." She surprisingly leant down and kissed Juliet on the forehead quickly before darting off down the stairs again.

Juliet turned red, the vampir ehad kissed her forehead and didnt bite her at all. Maybe this vampire was different than the ones who killed her parents.

Hecate wandered about the large house for a few more hours, until she noticed that dawn was approaching, and headed up to her coffin for sleep. She lay down in it, and fell into a deep sleep.

Juliet slept somewhat soundly, curled under the blankets and only the tip of her head showing. She had the same exact dream as before, those same hands and she awoke with a start. She was panting like mad and she could hear her mothers voice. Calm down child. She wasnt sure if it was her mothers voice. But it calmed her. She rubbed her eyes and layed back down, eying the ceiling.

Fluffy bounded into the room, and onto the bed. She licked Juliet enthusiastically, and barked happily.

Juliet nearly jumped off the bed from the giant dog. Juliet groaned when her face met the tongue of the dog 'What do you want? someone to play with?" she didnt want to play, she wanted that dream gone at all costs. Se hated it and her best friend knew it would haunt her for the rest o her lif, thats why he did it. So it would implant itself into her soul.

Fluffy barked and tugged on Juliet's sleeve. She wanted to show Juliet something, and wanted her to follow her.

Juliet huffed "fine" she sat up again and slid out of the bed, all warmth leaving her body for brief moments before returning to her. She floowed the dog, occasionally rubbing and blinking her eyes.

Fluffy trotted down the corridor ahead of her, and finally stopped at a room at the end of the hall. She sat down in front of the door and wagged her tail.

"What is it?" Juliet closed her eyes and opened the door, she didnt open her eyes after a while but when she did she walked in the room and examined it carefully

It was the library that Hecate had talked about - bookcases surrounded the walls, and in the middle there was a large, comfy sofa, and a reading light.