Love is Red like Blood

Witch castle? Juliet thought, witches didnt live here. Vampires were supposed to, what type of castle was this. She thought she heared something growling from the trees beind her aand she rushed inside. Feeling her body shake even more, the inside was beautiful, so detailed and layered. Juliet wanted mto seek all of it, but she assumed there was more vampires living in the castle. The smell of food enticed her, she smelt wine and something delicious which she couldnt pin point what it was. Her mouth watered.

Hecate smiled, and explained upon seeing Juliet's confused expression. "My parents had the mind to give me the name of the goddess of witchcraft when I was born, which is the name I go by now, so when they built this castle a long time ago, they called it Hexe Castle." She led the way into the large sitting room.

Juliet wasnt much into mythology, she always found better judgement in the truth not the fantasy. She was more interested in the actual begining, the burst of evelution instead of the fantasy created by people from years ago. She didnt trust religion which went against all things she found interesting. But this castle was interesting, she wanted to explore all of it, not just the simple sitting room but all the rooms, all of the secret passageways that formed around the castle, formed inside. Holding prison cells, the very kitchen that feeds the souls. The more she would know about the castle the faster she could escape from here. She didnt want to go back to her uncle but hse wanted to leave this castle before something bad happened to her. If she studied the castle inside and out, she would be free. 'Thats cool" meanwhile as she spoke her stomach growled, and she turned bright red unable to control her bellowing stomach.

"Ok - while you are living here, I do have a few rules - you have to stay inside the castle at all times unless I am with you, and then we can go out for a run or something." Hecate smiled, and then continued, "And also that you keep the place tidy - no mess." She flashed a light smile at Juliet, and then walked off down the corridor, "You can sleep in this room up here." She called back.

Juliet didnt know if she should follow the vampire woman, those two measly rules were easy. Only when the rules involve no exploring inside would she have a reason to break it. Should the vampire decide to try anything, she would have right to protect herself. Hecate was beautiful, Juliet had known about a vampires beauty reaching far beyond her own. She never found herself beautiful, only a waste of space, that is how her uncle raised her. She scuttled down the hallway to meet up with Hecate from the back. Juliet panting, wishing she hadnt let Hecate get to far ahead.

Hecate paused at the door at the end of the hall. "The stairs behind this door lead up to one of my favourite bedrooms, and I think you will like it too." She smiled warmly, and opened the door.

Juliet had been staring at the floor the whole time, feeling somewhat guilty about wanting to escape. Juliet opened her eyes to stairs, her mood dampened a little, she expected a grand room, something magical. She glanced back at Hecate and walked up the stairs talking each step with caution, she wondered if the room would be a torture chamber, or one of those sexual ones her ex bestfriend showed her a picture of. Maybe it was her blood room, keeping vials of blood and other things. Juliet shook her head as her hand touched the gold coated dooor handle, she wasnt like that, she hoped. She opened the door and gasped, it was beautiful. The first thing she noticed was the bed, it was huge, like the size of her room. The bed had a black and white fancy bedspread, while the sheets themselves were a vibrant red. The room was a ethereal coloring, gold and red, with specks of blue and black. A comfy chair and a mini bookshelf. Juliet smiled "Its wonderfull" oa usual she was drawn to the miniature bookshelf, she looked around on all of the books looking for her favorite. She loved this room.

Hecate followed her up, and leaned against the doorframe, watching her. "I thought you might like it. There is a library downstairs if you want more books. Just on the right of the living room." She smiled.

"What's your name anyway? I never asked." She asked curiously.

Juliet was facinated by books, had ever since her mother read her Othello. She was the biggest fan of Edgar Allan Poe and she was the most calm people because of it. He was the reason her mind was sane. Juliet jumped when the vampire asked for her name, should she lie and risk getting killed for it? She shook her head and turned to face Hecate "Juliet" she said.

Hecate was surprised by the name, but she smiled. "My favourite literary character. I grew up going to the theatre to see Romeo and Juliet before I was turned. I love the story, but Juliet was always my favourite." She turned and walked back down the stairs. "If you're hungry, come down in about half an hour for something to eat." She called back up.

Juliet was her favorite character? It made her heart skip, most hated Juliet. But she loved the fact a vampire liked her name, it made her feel wanted and able to be loved, though she was sure vampires couldnt love. Her bleeding wrists had caught her attention, she searched for the bathroom and wet a towel, washing her hand. She didnt know they were bleeding or at least that they had been. Which was somewaht good and somewhat bad, she cleaned herself up and set the towel on the counter. Eying herself in the mirror, she needed food, she looked skinny, it was only her breasts that stuck out . She laid on the bed, feeling instantly warm, she manuvered herself under the blankets and closed her eyes, her concious open to light sleep.

GothGirl.jpg
Hecate sat down in the library, and curled her feet up under her. She thought about Juliet, and she couldn't help a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She knew she ought to have killed Juliet there and then, but she had had a moment of weakness........ She gasped softly to herself with realisation. "Oh my God....." She whispered, dumbstruck. "I'm in love with a human girl......"

She stood and walked back upstairs again, her thoughts a blur. She had never considered herself gay before - she had never felt anything of the sort for a girl before - but she had a fluttering in her stomach, and she had a sensation in her cheeks, which she thought of as that if vampires could blush, she would be. She softly walked up the stairs, and peered into the room.

She smiled as she watched Juliet softly sleep in the bed. Her violet eyes sparkled as she watched the human girl sleep, finally in peace.

This was the first time, Juliet had slept peacefully, must have been from the shock for the nightmares didnt come not once. She had no dream, only blackness in her mind. She had spoken to soon, for as she thought about dreaming her eyes slowly opened and she stared blinkingly at Hecate, her mind rambling with the past. She was late for dinner, she shot up from the bed and shook her head bowing 'I'm sorry, I didnt mean to sleep, I was on my way down to eat but the bed looked so inviting....I'm sorry" she didnt know why she was freaking out but she thought she might be killed.

Hecate was puzzled. "What are you talking about? You must have been tired - I'm not your master. Or mistress as it would be. You can sleep and eat when you want." She smiled. "You still hungry?"

She tucked a piece of dark hair behind her ear and beckoned. "C'mon."

Juliet fell silent, Hecate was different than the vampires she's heared about in stories and such. Juliet felt safe "I am" she let out a small smile and she was beginning to like Hecate, but she doubted her feelings would go past friends. She had always been into guys, but hecate was so welcoming.

Hecate walked back downstairs, and entered the dining room. The table was set with loads of different types of food - from lobster lying on a plate, to cookies and milk. She didn't know what Juliet liked, so she had just had the servants prepare everything they could.

"Don't worry - if you don't eat anything, then Fluffy will."

Juliets eyes lit up instantly as she marveled in the revels of the plates, her eyes settled down on the edge more over with the desert. She was suprised to see turkish deligh and she snagged one, nipping at the edges. She had also grabbed a plate of chicken alfredo and had picked a seat that was close yet far from the food presented. Her stomach growled hungrily. She glanced at Hecate "I cant eat this alone, mind to join me?"

"I won't, but I think Fluffy will." She smiled, and then let out a loud, long whistle. Suddenly soft thuds began, getting louder, and a large St Bernard dog bounded into the room, and onto the seat beside Juliet.

Hecate grinned. "Juliet, this is my pet Fluffy. I've had her for about three years, and I love her to pieces - and vice versa." She ruffled the dog's ears and handed it a turkey leg from the table.

Juliet instantly thought of Meimei. Was the only dog she had ever loved so dearly in her life, the only good her uncle allowed her to have. She loved that dog till she died, he hated her unle for doing it, only trying to defend her and meiMei got stabbed by her father. Juliet spun her fork around in the chicken aflredo and thought to herself. If she thought about the dog, she would begin to cry. She jumped startled as the dog nudged her, she pet it gently and rubbed the little velvety fluff on the dogs nose. A small smile on her face.

Hecate giggled, and sat down on the floor at Juliet's feet. "I'm not going to hurt you." She looked up at Juliet, serious now. "I know that vampires are portrayed as vicious, mean, and blood-thirsty, but I swear that I won't harm a single hair on your head." Her violet eyes met Juliet's.

"I was going to bite you as you slept in the clearing, but something stopped me. I just couldn't. I want to keep you safe."