Love is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kith nodded thoughtfully. Selene was wise, or at least logical, and both of those traits were desirable. Kith could have been tied to a stupid, boring human, and he would have been a lot less happy. Selene was not either of those things, so it was a lot easier to get along with her. He stopped his horse as the view of the bay opened up in front of them. "I think that your heart and mind are in the right place, and that is really all that matters." At least, he thought so anyway.

Selene blushed a little at his compliment. It was good hearing something like that every once in awhile. Not many people told that how she wished to rule was good, just on how it could improve. She turned away from Kith and looked out to the bay. It was gorgeous. Better then any view she had seen. It was breath taking. Selene slowed her horse down to stop and take it all in.

"Wow.....this place....is absolutely beautiful....I could get use to it...." she said, pushing her hair back. She glanced over to him and then back to the view. "I'm.....sorry about this whole marriage thing." she said. She was not only tying him down but she was taking him away from his home.....

Kith smiled a bit as Selene saw the view. It was one of his favorite places to sit and watch the sunset. It was wonderful even when the sun wasn't going down. He looked at Selene when she apologized and shrugged. "Its not your fault." He answered. "I think we're both stuck in the same boat, anyway." ALthough she might be more okay with it than he was. She didn't have multiple people she liked to lay with, after all. She might even be looking forward to a marriage. "I'm sorry you didn't get to pick."

She smiled a little. "You know, I actually was really upset about it at first." she said, looking down at her hands, "It was going to be either twins or me and I wasn't going to let them be shipped off at such a young age." She looked back up, "I was so afraid I was going to married to this old, lecherous man that just wanted a young wife and there wasn't anything I could do about it." She turned to look at Kith with a smile. "But I am glad it's you....." She turned her gaze back to the view. She knew she couldn't have been put in a worst situation, but after meeting Kith and his family, she was glad this was the family she was going to marry into, even if he would never love her. She was going to work until the day she dies to make him love her....no matter what.....

Kith was surprised when she said she was glad it was him. He gave her a little smile. As far as he could tell, there were two types of people he was surrounded by. The people who frowned on his actions and didn't care to converse with him, though they did anyway because of who he was. And those who liked to be around him because of his status and wealth, or how good he was in bed. Selene fit into neither of these categories, and that was intriguing. "I'm... glad its you too. If it had to be someone, I mean...."

Selene laughed at him returning the compliment. "Well, thank you. If it's wasn't lady-like to be vain, I would say I am quite the catch." she joked. She continued to gaze out to the bay. This place really was beautiful. She looked over to Kith, "I like it here. We should come back and visit before we leave..." she said. "Do you have any other places you would like to show me?"

Kith shrugged when she mentioned it wasn't lady-like. His entire family bought into that sort of thing, but Kith couldn't care less. He was glad that Selene liked the view though, and he turned his horse away from it to head around the rest of the castle and back to the stables. "Is there any other place you'd like to see?" He answered her question with a question. Elves were bad at doing that sort of thing. Kith wasn't as bad as some of them, though.

Selene shrugged as well, moving her horse to follow. She thought about it for a moment before speaking. "I know that this view was your favorite, but do you have a favorite place in the castle? I wouldn't mind seeing that...." she said. She felt that she made a bit of a break through with him at the cliff. It wasn't much but she felt like they were a little closer now. Maybe it was the first steps of him falling for her. She wasn't going to lie though....she was starting to fall a little for him as well......

A favorite place in the castle? Kith glanced upwards at the impressive architecture. "I do have a favorite, but I can't show that to you now." He answered. He looked back at Selene, raising his eyebrows. "I shouldn't ask, what with all the proper etiquette and such, but once the night is over and everyone goes to bed, I can come get you, and show you then." Kith suggested. No, he was not one for formalities and what was proper, that was for certain.

Her face burned a little at his request visit her chambers at night to show her his favorite spot. What kind of place was it? Her imagination ran a little wild at the thought, but quickly shook it out of her mind. He would treat her like a gentlemen, no matter what. She needed to trust him. Nodding, she said, "I guess we can do that. We are engaged to be married after all. What isn't a little midnight rendezvous between future husband and wife." She smiled at him. Her attention went back to the front. She was only interested in his favorite places and to get to know him more. "If we are to wait for that, then I have not preference on where to go next." she said.

Kith watched Selene just to see how she would react. He wasn't surprised when she blushed, but for once his intentions weren't vulgar in nature. He just needed the moonlight and the privacy. He smiled a bit when she agreed and then nodded. "When we get to your home, we'll have to do the same things all over again." The way he said it made it seem like he wouldn't mind that one bit though. He kind of liked showing her about the place he grew up, and he was interested to see how it differed from the place she grew up. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.