Love is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selene smiled at Kith. "Thank you. I promise to return it once I am done with it." she said, lowering the book to her side. Continuing down the shelves, she wondered if there were any particular books that Kith liked. You can tell a lot about a person on what they read. She always felt that books that one reads were simply what they wished themselves could be. Selene like adventure books with magic and romance. It was her way to experience it without being able to. She looked back at Kith while looking at the other books.

"Is there anything you like to read in particular?" she questioned.

"Mostly history tomes." He answered with a shrug. It was probably a surprising pick for the otherwise social and outgoing prince. It was so tame and even dry at times. It could be boring occasionally, but Kith was interested in it anyway. The things people had done and how they were related was interesting. Sometimes he even read about family trees that weren't even elvish, although he did prefer his own heritage to some other race's. "One of the libraries is dedicated to just that." It was a lot less impressive than this one. Small and darker. Many of the books there were already out of their shelves and on the table where Kith had left them as he poured over them. Even smaller than this one, there was still many books to be read.

Selene nodded. Read the history of the elves. Got it. It may be a good idea to look into the history of the elves without the prompt from Kith. Since she was marrying into the such a beautiful culture, she should try to familiarize herself with it. She moved away from the books and back to Kith.

"Where to next?" she said with a smile. If her toured continued like this, she was going to enjoy the rest of it.

Kith took her hand again. He led her out of the library and towards the stables, making sure to bring her to all of the places she'd expressed interest in in particular. Most of the horses at the stables were tall and thin, with ropey muscles perfect for running. There were a few larger breasted stallions for battle purposes, but not many. They were all pure bred and graceful. Kith led her over to a tall white horse dappled with grey. He had an almost silver mane and tail, and beautiful big eyes. "This one is Isilme." He introduced her to the animal. "His name means 'moonlight'."

Selene gasped a little at the beauty of the horse. He was absolutely stunning. "Hello," she greeted the horse, "You are absolutely beautiful." she said reaching out to pet him. She loved the horse at home. They were more for combat then speed, but she rode them for recreational purposes as well. She rubbed up and down his muzzle. "Really? His name means 'moonlight'? That kind of funny....My name means moonlight in the ancient tongue. The moon is actually the symbol of the Asayndra family."

The moon was very important to the Asayndra Kingdom. Rumor was that the first queen of Asayndra used the reflection of the moon in the lake to predict the future. During the first moon of the year, the royal court gathers at the lake and releases paper boat with orbs of light in them for the departed. It was one of her favorite holidays, even though it had a very sad meaning behind it....

Selene gasped a little at the beauty of the horse. He was absolutely stunning. "Hello," she greeted the horse, "You are absolutely beautiful." she said reaching out to pet him. She loved the horse at home. They were more for combat then speed, but she rode them for recreational purposes as well. She rubbed up and down his muzzle. "Really? His name means 'moonlight'? That kind of funny....My name means moonlight in the ancient tongue. The moon is actually the symbol of the Asayndra family."

The moon was very important to the Asayndra Kingdom. Rumor was that the first queen of Asayndra used the reflection of the moon in the lake to predict the future. During the first moon of the year, the royal court gathers at the lake and releases paper boat with orbs of light in them for the departed. It was one of her favorite holidays, even though it had a very sad meaning behind it....

((Hey, sorry about this. Thanks for reposting. I still dont see the other one, which is really WEIRD.))

"Does it?" Kith asked when she said that her name also meant moonlight. He seemed surprised, and he was. "I did not know that." He admitted with a small shake of his head, watching as Selene pet the horse. "The moon holds special meaning and respect for us too, but it is not on our crest." He did know that the moon was a part of her family's crest though. Kith had studied crests like militants studied battle plans. He knew all the family crests of nearly any race.

Glancing about, Kith thought about this before he suggested. "We could probably take a ride around the castle if you want to, although the tour isn't quite done."

Selene hugged the horse muzzle a little when he said that they could go on a ride. "I would love too!" she said, obviously excited. She quickly caught herself and composed herself. Being overly excited about going horseback riding wasn't exactly lady like. But she did love it.

"I mean," she said, stepping away from the horse, "I'm not really going anywhere and I sure we will have plenty of time to tour the castle later. So...." she moved back to the horse to pet it again. "I would love to go on a ride now....if you don't mind." she said with a slight smile...

The corner of Kith's mouth rose a little when Selene seemed so excited, but then corrected herself. He shrugged and glanced around, finding a stable hand and directing him to get Selene a particular horse. He looked back at the woman afterwards. "You know, its more interesting if you're excited. You might annoy my siblings or other people in the castle, but really thats kind of fun, isn't it? Don't see why you should hide it either way. We don't have many saddles here, so I hope you won't need it." Kith rode without any tools at all, guiding the horse either with his knees or by the animal's mane.

It wasn't long before an equally tall and graceful mare was brought over to Selene. She was a golden color with a yellow mane and tail, and a white nose. "Will this one do, your grace?" The stable hand asked either Selene or Kith. Kith nodded, but ultimately it was up to Selene. He felt that the mare would be a good match for Selene. She was gentle but would keep up with Isilme. An easy ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her cheeks flushed a little when he said she should hold back when she was excited. She had never heard that before. She was always scolded for being overly excited. It took away from her the cool and calm demeanor that the council wanted to her to have, like her mother. It was actually kind of nice to hear someone say that too her. "Sorry. Force of habit." she blamed, her smile returning.

When he told her there was no saddles, she thought about it for moment. "I think I can manage. I have only do no saddle once or twice, but I think can do it, now." she said. As the new mare came out, she gasped in awe of it. "She is so beautiful like Isilme. All of your horses are so beautiful. The one at home aren't bad but yours have such grace to them"

Kith smiled a little when she gasped as the mare came out to her. He nodded. If she wanted a saddle someone could probably find one, but it'd be easier if she could just get on. He pulled himself up onto the tall horse with ease and grace befitting his station, glancing at Selene afterwards. "Thank you. Do you need help up?" He asked. The stable hand could help her, or he could probably get close enough while still on Isilme to help her. "We do have bits and reigns if you need." He added. Those were a lot easier to find.

Selene examined the mare before concluding what she needed. "I think I am going to need help up on her, if you don't mind." she said. Climbing on a horse without a saddle was hard enough, but in a skirt, it was even worst. It was at that moment she realized that she really couldn't ride sidesaddle on bare back. There was absolutely no way. And there was absolutely now way she was going to try either. She rather seem a little unlady-like then to make a fool of herself from trying to hard and possible hurt herself. She was also a little sadden but this fact. The council really want her to act like a lady and she had put countless hours into training to side sidesaddle. Maybe, next time at home. "I may ask to use reigns. I wouldn't want to hurt the poor girl. I've been told I can have quite the death grip sometimes." she added. She probably could go without but with her nerves, she didn't want to risk it.

Kith moved Isilme between Selene and the mare. He turned to off her both of his hands. "Jump." He suggested, intending on pulling her up as she did so so that she could be seated on the horse. She could situate herself however she liked after that. The stable hand went to get the reigns she asked for, and once she was on the stable hand put the bit in the mare's mouth and then gave Selene the reigns to hold on to. "Alright?" He made sure.

Selene's cheeks flushed a little as he offered her his hands. She took them and jumped when he asked. She moved over to her horse and settled down, adjusting her skirt around her. She took the reins from the stable hand, thanking him for his help. "I think I am ready to go." she said, checking herself. "Where to, my lord?" she asked.

Once Selene was ready, he smiled a little at her. "I suppose we can make a loop around the castle." He answered her question. He started out first, making sure that Selene had a handle on the horse and how to work the reigns. He assumed she did. She said she did, anyway. After the two of them had trotted along for a little while, Kith looked over at Selene again. "Do you leave your castle often?"

Selene struggled for a little bit but eventually got the hang of it. She had no problem controlling the horse, it was just the foreignness of the horse and riding without a saddle. But once she had gotten the hang of it, she was completely fine...

He asked had she left her castle much and she shook her head. "Not much. If I did, it was only to the surrounding areas that we owned. Since the lost of my mother, my father and his advisers were very afraid to let my siblings or I out of their sites. It was a terrible loss for the kingdom that came very suddenly and they were afraid of losing us as well." she said looking out.

Kith nodded his head as they trotted along beside one another. "Yeah, I've not left the castle either. Sometimes we take a ship out, but not usually. I've never actually scene the city beyond the inner wall. You came through it that way, didn't you? What was it like?" Kith wasn't generally interested in anything outside of the castle, but he was soon to be moving away, and now it seemed like a vast disadvantage that he'd never seen the outside world.

Selene looked over at him and smiled a little. So he was just as sheltered as she was. She had seen bits and pieces of the outer city of her kingdom but it was only for parades and such. She never actually went exploring. She wondered if maybe the two of them could escape out of the castle for the day and explore the city together. She had a little magic and he was a skilled fighter. They could handle themselves on their own if they wanted to. But sadly, they probably would be recognized right way....

"It seemed nice and busy. Full of life. I tried to wave, but I get the feeling I was a little dismissed because of who I was, but I don't really mind. I love to explore the city more, but I fear my presence would not be very welcomed there." she said.

"Really?" Kith asked when she said she probably wouldn't be welcomed. His hand ran smoothly along the horse's neck as they trotted along a path that went around the castle. There was a nice view coming up where you could see the bay and some of the city. "Why would you think that?" He was genuinely not sure. Was it because she wasn't an elf? Or was it because she had more money than they did. Kith didn't really understand commoners, although that was no fault of his own. He just wasn't introduced to them, and now that he was older he didn't have a thought to introduce himself. He just stayed in the castle and had parties.

Selene shrugged, "When my father disappeared, I had to take over a lot more social responsibilities. I never left the castle but we have a commoners come and request things. From that I learned there was two types of commoners. One's that will adore you and follow your every whim. I don't really like those people. Makes me uncomfortable sometimes. And then there are the commoners that hate you and curse your name. They could have their reasons, but in most cases it's simply because of our status. I wasn't exactly chosen to be the next Queen because of my policy and ideals. It's because my name and who my mother was and people tend to dislike that." She said, picking at her reins. "So with me being a human royal, I don't think the city commoners would be very welcoming...." The thought sadden Selene a little. She really did want to be loved by her people and wanted to do good for them. But there were those that did not wish her well because of her name and there would always going to be those people. Selene shook her head. "But I am not worried about it. My place is in the castle. I know that complete satisfaction is impossible. It's one of the draw backs of being a leader, but we do are best for them and that is what matters...."

Status
Not open for further replies.